Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your best ever qpr game... 23:34 - Aug 3 with 6920 viewsqpr_1968

for what ever reason, home or away.
the match....pre or post, it doesnt matter.

mine....cologne away, 1976, bad result, brilliant outcome, great 3 days.
springbok, to where ever, where ever to zeebrugge, zeebrugge all the way to cologne.
ferry and coach by the way.
some hairy moments in and around the ground, but a great journey.

wished i had gone to athens next round, even though we lost.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Your best ever qpr game... on 00:23 - Aug 4 with 3892 viewsAirtomoreira

Milk Cup Semi Final 2nd leg 1986, sat in Main Stand at Anfield with my Liverpool supporting brother in law (and lots of other Liverpool supporters as well)

Shame that the final never took place, I'd have quite fancied our chances against Oxford......
Your best ever qpr game... on 01:17 - Aug 4 with 3856 viewsSydneyRs

Your best ever qpr game... on 00:23 - Aug 4 by Airtomoreira

Milk Cup Semi Final 2nd leg 1986, sat in Main Stand at Anfield with my Liverpool supporting brother in law (and lots of other Liverpool supporters as well)

Shame that the final never took place, I'd have quite fancied our chances against Oxford......

It was frustrating that a weird virus put everyone into lockdown and the final was cancelled. I reckon its fair to assume we'd have won comfortably.
Your best ever qpr game... on 01:41 - Aug 4 with 3844 viewsBoston

Home...Arsenal, 1970's.

Away. Derby 1 QPR 5.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your best ever qpr game... on 02:01 - Aug 4 with 3841 viewsLoftgirl

For the result, 6-0 against the scum.
For the game, 5-5 against Spurs.
Your best ever qpr game... on 03:07 - Aug 4 with 3815 viewsWA_Hoop

Your best ever qpr game... on 02:01 - Aug 4 by Loftgirl

For the result, 6-0 against the scum.
For the game, 5-5 against Spurs.

Don't you mean Newcastle.
Your best ever qpr game... on 04:14 - Aug 4 with 3791 viewsLoftgirl

Your best ever qpr game... on 03:07 - Aug 4 by WA_Hoop

Don't you mean Newcastle.

Yes, of course I do. I was getting confused with the week before at Spurs which I think was a similar type of game. Senior moment.
Your best ever qpr game... on 04:16 - Aug 4 with 3792 viewscharmr

Stoke City at home 29th November 1975. 2-1 down won 3-2. Sheer pandemonium and a pitch invasion when webby scored.

Not sure why this game sticks out so much. I was 13 and can still recollect it vividly. Made a lasting impression I guess.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 4:18]
Your best ever qpr game... on 06:27 - Aug 4 with 3711 viewsstainrods_elbow

Your best ever qpr game... on 01:41 - Aug 4 by Boston

Home...Arsenal, 1970's.

Away. Derby 1 QPR 5.

It's a terrible shame that the cameras were absent for that amazing, season-defining win at Derby in 1975/76. What are your - or anyone else's - memories of that day? I believe Stan scored a hat-trick (?) and we had a couple of rookie centre backs in the side for, I'm guessing, the injured McLintock and Webb (Tony Tagg and Ron Abbott , I think, whose entire professional career, bizarrely, consisted of around four dozen games for us in eight years). Stan says in his biog that the Rams crowd were as silent as mice at the end as they just couldn't believe what we did to them, 'but we knew we were a good side'.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 6:28]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Your best ever qpr game... on 06:54 - Aug 4 with 3708 viewsthompsonridd

Oldham play off semi final, amazing atmosphere in and outside afterwards.
Your best ever qpr game... on 07:12 - Aug 4 with 3679 viewsDannyPaddox

Middlesbrough Home 06/08/22.

The unbridled frenzy after that first attempt on target after 58 minutes.

The reception for Lyndon Dykes when he was subbed on 70 minutes.

The crowd, the management, the players, all as one thinking where’s the next bloody goal coming from!?
Your best ever qpr game... on 07:24 - Aug 4 with 3646 viewsstevec

Your best ever qpr game... on 07:12 - Aug 4 by DannyPaddox

Middlesbrough Home 06/08/22.

The unbridled frenzy after that first attempt on target after 58 minutes.

The reception for Lyndon Dykes when he was subbed on 70 minutes.

The crowd, the management, the players, all as one thinking where’s the next bloody goal coming from!?

I’m going to go mental if we get a corner.
Your best ever qpr game... on 07:57 - Aug 4 with 3605 viewsPunteR

The Oldham game sticks in the memory as does when we lifted the trophy in 10/11 season. And of course Wembley was pretty spectacular.

All the other games are kinda blurry.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Your best ever qpr game... on 08:05 - Aug 4 with 3592 viewsPhildo

the 6 0 referenced above was pretty special although it got pretty spicy in the west paddock which had a lot of knuckle draggers in it that day.
The Oldham game was probably the best atmosphere I feared for the stands that day.

Wembley was something surreal - a team and manager I did not care for a great deal making me happier that I ever thought my team could with an ending like a Hollywood script.
Your best ever qpr game... on 08:06 - Aug 4 with 3591 viewsstowmarketrange

The game at wba when we won 4-1,and sir Bobby Zamora scored a worldly.I really thought we’d turned the corner and were going to stay up after all,but it turned out to be another false dawn.
The play off final in 2014 was another brilliant day,although only for about 4 minutes sometime around 4.50pm.
I hope our best ever game is still to come.
Your best ever qpr game... on 08:09 - Aug 4 with 3583 viewskingsburyR

QPR Vs Arsenal

Cant remember the year. It was pissing with rain.
We won 2-0 or 3-1 ish.

Mid 90's maybe. I was standing in the loft that day (the non-member bit towards SAR.

I think Sansom may have been playing for us. Maybe Seaman for them.

The atmosphere that day/night was fantastic.

Any help with filling in some detail is appreciated.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Your best ever qpr game... on 08:23 - Aug 4 with 3571 viewsToast_R

The 3-2 comeback against Liverpool in 2012 was one of my best ever nights. And to think a large bunch of people left the stadium after Dirk Kyut put Liverpool 2 up, they still must be kicking themselves.
Your best ever qpr game... on 08:42 - Aug 4 with 3550 viewsterryb

I can't look further than the near perfect performance we gave in the 2-0 win against Liverpool in the first game of the '75/76 season.
Your best ever qpr game... on 08:46 - Aug 4 with 3530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Your best ever qpr game... on 08:09 - Aug 4 by kingsburyR

QPR Vs Arsenal

Cant remember the year. It was pissing with rain.
We won 2-0 or 3-1 ish.

Mid 90's maybe. I was standing in the loft that day (the non-member bit towards SAR.

I think Sansom may have been playing for us. Maybe Seaman for them.

The atmosphere that day/night was fantastic.

Any help with filling in some detail is appreciated.

Mine, too.
FA Cup 4th Round Replay.
Here it is in all its Glory.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your best ever qpr game... on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 3496 viewsjohnhoop

Best ever is difficult but it would probably be the League Cup Final in ‘67, closely followed by the 3-2 comeback against Liverpool ten years ago.
Your best ever qpr game... on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 3425 viewslosethedrum

Your best ever qpr game... on 04:14 - Aug 4 by Loftgirl

Yes, of course I do. I was getting confused with the week before at Spurs which I think was a similar type of game. Senior moment.

We lost 5-0 at Spurs so really not like 5-5 vs Newcastle but you are correct it was the prevoius week .
Your best ever qpr game... on 09:57 - Aug 4 with 3418 viewsAberystwythR

Cardiff at Home in the 10/11 promotion season, properly stamped our authority on the league then and it had to be Taarabt with the winner- Leon Clarke even nearly scored at the end
Your best ever qpr game... on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 3347 viewsAntti_Heinola

Surprised more people aren't saying the play off final, a tremendous sullied for me because of our disgrace of a manager that day.

I think Oldham play-off semi is still the one. The emotion that night was like nothing else I've ever experienced at Rangers for a thousand reasons. It was the night we were truly on our way back, even if we had a slight setback a week or two later.

My second game at the ground, a 3-1 mashing of Southampton that could and should have been about 7 in a second half performance that was relentless.

And then the 3-2 v Liverpool, Mackie last minute winner will live forever in my mind.

Bare bones.

Your best ever qpr game... on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 3348 viewsSonofpugwash

League Cup v Leicester 4-2.

First 20,000 + crowd at LR for me, magic.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Your best ever qpr game... on 10:28 - Aug 4 with 3316 viewsdavman

Your best ever qpr game... on 08:46 - Aug 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Mine, too.
FA Cup 4th Round Replay.
Here it is in all its Glory.

Thanks for posting that Bri. So emotional watching that.

1. The size of the crowd at LR.
2. Rain - does anyone remember what that felt like?
3. We had a hell of a team at that point. Four of the back five were internationals (current or future) along with three of the front five and the goalkeeper. That's 8 players and only one of them (Wegerle) was a non-home nation international.
4. They were the League Champions at that point, 10 places above us in the league and we more than matched them on the day.
5. That was fun. We didn't have to "create an atmosphere" trying to make noise with bugger all from the pitch to justify that as seems to be the norm at the moment. It was organic because the team was just so good.
6. How good were Wegerle and Parker on their day?

When QPR went up in 1983, I was 12. They stayed there for over ten years, so my formative years we were a force. As said on another thread, we have been taken over by the majority of London clubs now; it genuinely saddens me. Hopefully Hunter is right when he says that it's all cyclic and we'll get back, but I do fear that the money aspect may make that cycle more of an ellipse with us climbing the long axis right now.

Happy Days though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Your best ever qpr game... on 11:08 - Aug 4 with 3253 viewsStratfordBoy

Three games in the following order; Liverpool game when Mackie scored the winner causing total mayhem in R block & wondering how we ended up so far away from our seats after celebrating; Oldham, memorable from some hairy ar*ed stranger kissing me when furlong scored & getting pulled by the law for speeding on the way home; play-off final & kissing Clive after the game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024