Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro 02:21 - Aug 6 with 44568 viewsFredManRave

What could possibly go wrong except for the game actually going ahead!

My predickshun is a glorious naughty nought to stop the riot and get our first pints of several this season on the bored.

No idea on first scorer or result, mind.

Beale Army!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 2913 viewsdennisbailey92

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:57 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Free taken.
FT.

Cheers for the commentary! URRRRSSSSSSS🥵
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 2913 viewsjohncharles

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:57 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Free taken.
FT.

Praise the Lord 😀

Strong and stable my arse.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 2908 viewskropotkin41

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:58 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent football in the first half.
Excellent battling in the second half.

I counted 7 blocked shots by us!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 16:59]

Thanks for the comms, Brian. I was behind the couch for much of the second half.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 2889 viewsHarbour

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:58 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent football in the first half.
Excellent battling in the second half.

I counted 7 blocked shots by us!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 16:59]

Thanks Brian well done urss
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 2888 viewsBoston

Great atmosphere..,back later, getting my Mick Beale tramp stamp as we speak!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 2849 viewsMatch82

Well done Rangers. A good result and much improved performance on the face of it and I think it will look even better at the end of the season
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:03 - Aug 6 with 2718 viewsjoolsyp

Reminded me of that Luton game when we were unplayable for the first 40 mins then it was backs to the wall thereafter. If we can keep going for the full 90 I fear nobody in this division. Great win, well done my team!
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:03 - Aug 6 with 2718 viewsnyhoops

come on u rs! what an entertaining match. boro a strong side, have to remember so really happy with the way we held our ground second half.
Login to get fewer ads

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 2695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Happy for Dykes too.

How was his hold up play?
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 2696 viewsMyke

Excellent - the perfect antidote to all last week's angst. Thanks for updates Brian. Genuine laugh out loud moment "Still there. 94.50"
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 2678 viewsBenny_the_Ball

And breathe...
Despite the rollercoaster ride, ultimately this result was unexpected by most and is very welcome. The first 40 minutes shows what this team is capable of. I hope that cheers everyone up, particularly Clive.
Well played QPR.
Well done Brian.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 17:06]
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 2650 viewskropotkin41

See the Blackburn score? Kind of puts last week's narrow defeat in perspective maybe.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 2566 viewsHooping_Mad

What a result !

Good job everyone, needed that.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:11 - Aug 6 with 2483 viewsTonto

Reading won, Brum won last night, Swansea stuffed at home... gotta love the championship.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:14 - Aug 6 with 2426 viewsBerkoRanger

Noticed Villa lost today - maybe they are missing MB's coaching!
Great result today. URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 2413 viewsjohncharles

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 by Myke

Excellent - the perfect antidote to all last week's angst. Thanks for updates Brian. Genuine laugh out loud moment "Still there. 94.50"

Beale did well with his tactical subs. Very hot day so it crucial to swap players as they got tired. Also stepped in when the game was slipping away from us. Pour yourself a large one Michael 🍺

Strong and stable my arse.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 2413 viewsDubaiR

Dykes, field, willock superb today. No one played badly.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:27 - Aug 6 with 2155 viewskarlski

Some fantastic play, and some great battling, and as ever a bit of luck. Massive to get that first win at first home game against a very good side. At times we looked like being sliced open far too easily, but as the game went on our shape got more compact and Beale made changes to shore up the wings where Boro were getting in too easily.

JoJo good with ball today, but I really worry about him defensively as the central part of a 3. We look more solid with Field there, but then you lose Field's mobility/closing down/getting forward further up the pitch. A conundrum that I'm sure the coaching staff are working on.

Really nice bits of play, you can see some of what they're trying to achieve. You'd imagine the team will get better with time + some players to come in.

Thought Paal looked decent and willing to get stuck in as well as being technically sound. Has a good leap on him which is helpful for a small chap.

Thrilled for Dykes - all round performance, running until the end, took his goal well and super turn and shot for the corner that led to Dunne's goal.

Willock...well, we're a significantly better side with him in it. Simple as that.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:28 - Aug 6 with 2128 viewsVancouverHoop

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Happy for Dykes too.

How was his hold up play?

It was good. Hard to pick anyone but Willock for MoM but Dykes would be in the running after him.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 1869 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 3 Middlesbrough 2
Well what can you say?
Brilliant for 40 minutes - then it's all defending like crazy.
I started counting down the minutes from just after HT!
It was a painful - whereas there had been so much joy in the first half.
Last week we played ok for the first 20. This week it was 40.
At this rate we'll be ok by next Saturday at Sunderland taking into account our Carabao Cup match at Charlton on Tuesday.
Sitting here now - there's relief.
Three points in the bag and of course MB's first win - in a match played in front of a roaring home crowd.
They were warmed up by the opening of the Stan Bowles stand and QPR's very own Chloe Kelly - the match winner against Germany in the Euro finals last week - coming onto the pitch at HT and FT.
But most important what a difference Willock and Amos make - replacing Dozzell - a later sub - and Shodipo. It was chalk and cheese.
Who would believe that Willock had been out for 5 months and did not have a huge pre-season?
Premier Class - he will be. Please extend your contract Chris - we need you.
Chair certainly was so much better with Willock in the side.
And it was Willock who scored a wonder goal just 12 minutes in.
Picking the ball up from just inside the Boro half - he fought off two tough challenges and cracked the ball home from 25 yards.
Then it was Dunne 15 minutes later who added a second after their keeper Steffen flapped at a Chair corner after Steffen had saved from a Dykes power shot.
Dykes - welcome back - a much improved effort. Where have you been?
Then it was Dykes - losing his marker - with a header from a Jojo free-kick 7 minutes before HT to make it 3-0.
We were in wonderland - clever, incisive football, sharp finishing and all over Boro - who are predicted to be among the top six.
But a Crooks ramrod header from a corner just before HT - changed all that - despite our 3-1 lead.
We were overwhelmed after the break and no surprise that Forss scored after our defence had been opened up yet again.
But to give credit to our team - they fought hard - defended the best they could and ran down lots of time especially from Kakay and sub Adomah on the right.
McNair did get the ball into the net for Boro but was ruled offside.
Are we not thankful?
And then with a flurry of substitutes and Boro's Lenihan sent off it was just seeing out time.
Was this an improvement on our opening match? Absolutely yes.
We started with probably our best 11.
But it seems we are so weak off the bench.
Admittedly 3 of our 4 new players were unavailable - Roberts, Richards and Salter-Clark.
When they return - perhaps and hoping - they will make a difference.
Not a bad way to start August.
Just to let you know - at the time of writing - whisper it carefully - we are 8th equal!
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:43 - Aug 6 with 1847 viewsDWQPR

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:28 - Aug 6 by VancouverHoop

It was good. Hard to pick anyone but Willock for MoM but Dykes would be in the running after him.

Just back and first half I would have given it to Willock followed closely by Field and Amos. Second half I think Field would have edged it overall. But pleased for Amos as I think that was his best game for us and looks a real quality player on that showing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:46 - Aug 6 with 1799 viewsnumptydumpty

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 16:59 - Aug 6 by BklynRanger

Most knackering read in a long time :)

Got to say most knackering watch as well.

Anyone who has heart complaint, best be avoiding Loftus Road on that display.

Deserved to win though but just hanging on towards the end.

But massive to get first home win posted early doors.

Very gung ho approach though. Even more so than in Warburton era.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:48 - Aug 6 with 1756 viewsqprxtc

Now it’s all over, I can say I bloody well enjoyed that. Great game of football, wonderful and weird goals. Dodgy defending, great defending. Helterskelter rollercoaster.

Gimme gimme gimme.

I’m going to sink in a Black Sea of Guinness.

Sayonara suckers 🍻❤️
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:50 - Aug 6 with 1709 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just back too, 'ck me that was stressful.

It was like they'd had rohipnol at the start of the second half.

Great win.

Was it Dickie that blocked that powerdriver?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 17:52]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:53 - Aug 6 with 1672 viewsMatch82

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:27 - Aug 6 by karlski

Some fantastic play, and some great battling, and as ever a bit of luck. Massive to get that first win at first home game against a very good side. At times we looked like being sliced open far too easily, but as the game went on our shape got more compact and Beale made changes to shore up the wings where Boro were getting in too easily.

JoJo good with ball today, but I really worry about him defensively as the central part of a 3. We look more solid with Field there, but then you lose Field's mobility/closing down/getting forward further up the pitch. A conundrum that I'm sure the coaching staff are working on.

Really nice bits of play, you can see some of what they're trying to achieve. You'd imagine the team will get better with time + some players to come in.

Thought Paal looked decent and willing to get stuck in as well as being technically sound. Has a good leap on him which is helpful for a small chap.

Thrilled for Dykes - all round performance, running until the end, took his goal well and super turn and shot for the corner that led to Dunne's goal.

Willock...well, we're a significantly better side with him in it. Simple as that.

"JoJo good with ball today, but I really worry about him defensively as the central part of a 3. We look more solid with Field there, but then you lose Field's mobility/closing down/getting forward further up the pitch. A conundrum that I'm sure the coaching staff are working on."

I wonder if one solution here is to have Jojo so that role for the first 60-70 minutes then swap them. His incisive passing further forward would be useful both on the break and if the oppo is sitting back, much more so than in the generic evb and flow of the first 70 minutes. Similarly Field is going to be needed in a more withdrawn role in the last 20 if we are ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024