Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro 02:21 - Aug 6 with 44566 viewsFredManRave

What could possibly go wrong except for the game actually going ahead!

My predickshun is a glorious naughty nought to stop the riot and get our first pints of several this season on the bored.

No idea on first scorer or result, mind.

Beale Army!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:53 - Aug 6 with 3154 viewsQPRSteve

And now for the bad news:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/new-qpr-signing-could-be-out-for-two-months

Injured in training on Friday.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 3121 viewsswitchingcode

Cracking game great advert for the championship loads of shots blocks mistakes never let up for the 94 minutes
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:57 - Aug 6 with 3083 viewsNorthantsHoop

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:55 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

Cracking game great advert for the championship loads of shots blocks mistakes never let up for the 94 minutes

Totally agree a real cracker. Willock and Amos super especially in 1st half. Think Stef Johansen deserves a special mention he was superb today.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 3059 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big thing for me was Beale today. The start of the second half was inevitable: Boro were not going to be that bad again and would hit us hard. They did and we couldn’t cope and the goal became inevitable. Huge holes in the centre of our half, great wide acres that they could just pass into and a striker would drop off and collect.
Enter Beale. Tactical changes and we squeeze that space, become more compact. People screaming for us to press high, but pressing high was gifting Boro space. Dropping off made it nervy but the truth is, it slowed them down and chances receded and then stopped. In the end, Dykes and Albert unlucky not to put the game to bed.
Referee pretty poor.
Paal not great has to be said.
Dickie excellent.

Biggest problem: Strength in depth. Hopefully that will improve when the TR boys get going and Salter is back. Min 2 signings still needed for me, Martin.

Bare bones.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:16 - Aug 6 with 2839 viewsVancouverHoop

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:59 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

Big thing for me was Beale today. The start of the second half was inevitable: Boro were not going to be that bad again and would hit us hard. They did and we couldn’t cope and the goal became inevitable. Huge holes in the centre of our half, great wide acres that they could just pass into and a striker would drop off and collect.
Enter Beale. Tactical changes and we squeeze that space, become more compact. People screaming for us to press high, but pressing high was gifting Boro space. Dropping off made it nervy but the truth is, it slowed them down and chances receded and then stopped. In the end, Dykes and Albert unlucky not to put the game to bed.
Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

Biggest problem: Strength in depth. Hopefully that will improve when the TR boys get going and Salter is back. Min 2 signings still needed for me, Martin.

I agree. Tactically the last quarter of the match he got spot on. Beale waited a long time to make the last subs, but got them just right. I think Jojo going down was a signal, our game changed after that. Last season we wouldn't have played the corners and touchline the way we did today. It may be irritating for the oppo but, provided you choose your moment and don't start too soon, it works. Albert and Ozzie were particularly adept.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 2817 viewsHAYESBOY

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:59 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

One of the TR's is out for two months.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 2817 viewskarlski

Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

Agree the tactical switches slowed Boro down, and that depth might be an issue (although all the subs battled hard).

I thought Paal was quite decent. He's clearly technically proficient, and I was happy to see didn't mind getting stuck in. Won the ball back a fair few times, some crucial (eg to win the free kick for Dykes' goal, if I'm not mistaken and also bravely to win the header that led to Lenihan's red card. He'll improve as he adjusts to teammates and league.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 2809 viewsStanisgod

Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

Agree about the ref. Total lottery on any decision.
Chair receiving GBH, nothing. A trip, booking.
An awful advantage stopped when we were away, Penalty to us second half not given. Numerous 100pc fouls not given. if theyve been told to let more go ok, but they are going to get more confused by this as this bloke clearly was.
On another note, the difference Albert made was the difference between winning and drawing today.
Reasonable turn out for the S. B. stand opening although not great, thought there may have been a few more old gits like me there to be honest. Loved the comment from a young lad about 14 to his mate. " That's a bit bad Stans not here but his family are, couldn't he be bothered to turn up"!!
One history lesson later......

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:22 - Aug 6 with 2763 viewskarlski

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:53 - Aug 6 by Match82

"JoJo good with ball today, but I really worry about him defensively as the central part of a 3. We look more solid with Field there, but then you lose Field's mobility/closing down/getting forward further up the pitch. A conundrum that I'm sure the coaching staff are working on."

I wonder if one solution here is to have Jojo so that role for the first 60-70 minutes then swap them. His incisive passing further forward would be useful both on the break and if the oppo is sitting back, much more so than in the generic evb and flow of the first 70 minutes. Similarly Field is going to be needed in a more withdrawn role in the last 20 if we are ahead.

I think that's sensible - but would still be a concern for the first 60-70 mins! Thought Johansen was good overall, certainly put a shift in, but he's just not that mobile and able to go with runners.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:27 - Aug 6 with 2721 viewsbosh67

The encouraging thing was that they won every first, second and third ball for the first 40 minutes and completely destroyed Boro. Could have been 5 at half time but they let a sloppy set piece in and gave Boro hope. For the first 30 minutes of the second half we stopped pressing and let them onto us with inevitable results. But Beale made good substitutions and we seemed to wrestle the game back for the last 15 minutes. Back line solid for 40 minutes. Willock unplayable first half, with Amos, Field, Chair and Dykes winning everything. Paal is good on the ball but got skinned time after time. Kakay a few times too. Thought Bonne and Albert were both excellent in that last phase and kept a lot of possession for us. Willock’s goal contender for goal of the season already. Eze like. He’s some player. Overall Mick will be pleased with the first 40 and last 15 minutes but we were far too deep and narrow in the middle of that. For some reason after the disallowed goal for Boro they seemed to settle for two, partly because they took their forward off and that was that. Overall if we can play like the first 40 minutes for the next 50 minutes we will destroy a lot of teams. Easier said than done but some of the first 40 minutes was hugely encouraging and technically great to watch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:43 - Aug 6 with 2543 viewsDamo1962

Been out and just got in. What a lovely surprise, three points and a goal for Dykes...at last. Of course being QPR we had to raise the supporters BP for our first points. Sounds very entertaining for the supporters there though. This is a real reaction to last week for me...so well done Beale and the players. Just seen Willock's goal - wow, just wow 😱
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 18:59 - Aug 6 with 2410 viewsstevec

Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

Agree with most of that but not comments on Paal.

Jones to mark, one of best players in this league, but did an excellent job on him. Dickie was class though.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:00 - Aug 6 with 2406 viewsderbyhoop

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:04 - Aug 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Happy for Dykes too.

How was his hold up play?

Generally good. Some heavy touches but he gave their CBs a hard afternoon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:00 - Aug 6 with 2403 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Referee pretty poor.
Dickie excellent.

I thought that our subs worked well. Albert coming on to double on Giles particularly succesfull. Thought maybe Beale waited too long, though, but he'll have had his reasons I'm sure.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:03 - Aug 6 with 2371 viewsMaggsinho

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:00 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that our subs worked well. Albert coming on to double on Giles particularly succesfull. Thought maybe Beale waited too long, though, but he'll have had his reasons I'm sure.

I agree with that. I was surprised to see Nikoncoking in but it quickly became evident that he had been brought on for his height, Paal was getting done in the air and Niko’s arrival helped close that avenue down.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 2296 viewsBoston

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:41 - Aug 6 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 3 Middlesbrough 2
Well what can you say?
Brilliant for 40 minutes - then it's all defending like crazy.
I started counting down the minutes from just after HT!
It was a painful - whereas there had been so much joy in the first half.
Last week we played ok for the first 20. This week it was 40.
At this rate we'll be ok by next Saturday at Sunderland taking into account our Carabao Cup match at Charlton on Tuesday.
Sitting here now - there's relief.
Three points in the bag and of course MB's first win - in a match played in front of a roaring home crowd.
They were warmed up by the opening of the Stan Bowles stand and QPR's very own Chloe Kelly - the match winner against Germany in the Euro finals last week - coming onto the pitch at HT and FT.
But most important what a difference Willock and Amos make - replacing Dozzell - a later sub - and Shodipo. It was chalk and cheese.
Who would believe that Willock had been out for 5 months and did not have a huge pre-season?
Premier Class - he will be. Please extend your contract Chris - we need you.
Chair certainly was so much better with Willock in the side.
And it was Willock who scored a wonder goal just 12 minutes in.
Picking the ball up from just inside the Boro half - he fought off two tough challenges and cracked the ball home from 25 yards.
Then it was Dunne 15 minutes later who added a second after their keeper Steffen flapped at a Chair corner after Steffen had saved from a Dykes power shot.
Dykes - welcome back - a much improved effort. Where have you been?
Then it was Dykes - losing his marker - with a header from a Jojo free-kick 7 minutes before HT to make it 3-0.
We were in wonderland - clever, incisive football, sharp finishing and all over Boro - who are predicted to be among the top six.
But a Crooks ramrod header from a corner just before HT - changed all that - despite our 3-1 lead.
We were overwhelmed after the break and no surprise that Forss scored after our defence had been opened up yet again.
But to give credit to our team - they fought hard - defended the best they could and ran down lots of time especially from Kakay and sub Adomah on the right.
McNair did get the ball into the net for Boro but was ruled offside.
Are we not thankful?
And then with a flurry of substitutes and Boro's Lenihan sent off it was just seeing out time.
Was this an improvement on our opening match? Absolutely yes.
We started with probably our best 11.
But it seems we are so weak off the bench.
Admittedly 3 of our 4 new players were unavailable - Roberts, Richards and Salter-Clark.
When they return - perhaps and hoping - they will make a difference.
Not a bad way to start August.
Just to let you know - at the time of writing - whisper it carefully - we are 8th equal!

You write a nice report, Packer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:16 - Aug 6 with 2272 viewsBoston

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 17:55 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

94..what about the rest of the game?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:27 - Aug 6 with 2188 viewsNortholt_Rs

Great, great win. Well done MB and the team. That result will do the players confidence the world of good. Crowd was fantastic today. I’m buzzing! COYRs!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 20:56 - Aug 6 with 1921 viewsDamo1962

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 19:13 - Aug 6 by Boston

You write a nice report, Packer.

Love your reports GB.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 21:21 - Aug 6 with 1857 viewsdanehoop

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20605963.match-ratings-qpr-3-2-boro/

seems fair in markings of our players and theirs.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-middlesbrough-rep

equally fair report
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 21:30]

Never knowingly understood

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 22:16 - Aug 6 with 1695 viewsdmm

Not long back. I really must highlight Amos today. For me he was the big difference from last week. His reading of the game was superb, anticipating play, blocks and runs, and correct decisions when on the ball almost all of the time.

Willock will get the plaudits, and he was fantastic, but without Amos we would not have won the game.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 22:18 - Aug 6 with 1685 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 22:16 - Aug 6 by dmm

Not long back. I really must highlight Amos today. For me he was the big difference from last week. His reading of the game was superb, anticipating play, blocks and runs, and correct decisions when on the ball almost all of the time.

Willock will get the plaudits, and he was fantastic, but without Amos we would not have won the game.

A 40 game Amos will be as good as a new signing.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 1300 views89_50

Adding my thoughts on yesterday.

A thoroughly entertaining game of football. Atmosphere was superb, and everything was worth the price of entry.

Like most, astounded to see us 3-0 up. The set up looked great, everyone doing their job.

I thought the scoreline at the time flattered us a bit. While the lads did their jobs well, we didn't really have to play particularly well to be 3-up.

Second-half, fitness was an issue (understandable, all things considered), but it was the time it took Beale to react to the quick turning of the tide which was concerning.

What we gained by packing out the middle, we lost in width, and Boro constantly targeted that, with little in the way of resistance from us. They'd work the ball out wide, find an overlap, fire it low across the goal, and we were at sea. In truth, they could (and probably should) have equalised or even gone on to win it.

My other concern was also the goals we scored (bear with me). They were either moments of genius (Willock), or Boro mistakes (second goal, in particular).

Outside of those (and Dykes's long-range pot shot), there were no crafted moves to create a chance. And that's a little worrying. I appreciate Boro are up there with the best in the league, but we won't be able to go a whole season hoping for Willock magic or defensive lapses, to score goals.

Beale seemed to suggest as much, when he said that team were looking more like he wanted, but we're not there yet.

Hopefully with the introduction of Roberts and Richards as options, we'll have a little more control and creativity. And if Beale can get Dykes to anticipate more and perhaps try running to the front post as a crossing option, rather than staying deep, then we'll be even more dangerous.

Overall though, the lads did themselves proud, and they all left it out there, which I think everyone appreciated.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 1250 viewsfrancisbowles

Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 12:08 - Aug 7 by 89_50

Adding my thoughts on yesterday.

A thoroughly entertaining game of football. Atmosphere was superb, and everything was worth the price of entry.

Like most, astounded to see us 3-0 up. The set up looked great, everyone doing their job.

I thought the scoreline at the time flattered us a bit. While the lads did their jobs well, we didn't really have to play particularly well to be 3-up.

Second-half, fitness was an issue (understandable, all things considered), but it was the time it took Beale to react to the quick turning of the tide which was concerning.

What we gained by packing out the middle, we lost in width, and Boro constantly targeted that, with little in the way of resistance from us. They'd work the ball out wide, find an overlap, fire it low across the goal, and we were at sea. In truth, they could (and probably should) have equalised or even gone on to win it.

My other concern was also the goals we scored (bear with me). They were either moments of genius (Willock), or Boro mistakes (second goal, in particular).

Outside of those (and Dykes's long-range pot shot), there were no crafted moves to create a chance. And that's a little worrying. I appreciate Boro are up there with the best in the league, but we won't be able to go a whole season hoping for Willock magic or defensive lapses, to score goals.

Beale seemed to suggest as much, when he said that team were looking more like he wanted, but we're not there yet.

Hopefully with the introduction of Roberts and Richards as options, we'll have a little more control and creativity. And if Beale can get Dykes to anticipate more and perhaps try running to the front post as a crossing option, rather than staying deep, then we'll be even more dangerous.

Overall though, the lads did themselves proud, and they all left it out there, which I think everyone appreciated.

Good post but to be fair to Beale, he didn't have the strongest bench to make early changes yesterday. The changes he did make were effective though. If he had made them earlier and 'boro had equalised or gone in front then there probably would have been no way back.
Much Tread - Queens Pork Rangers versace Middlesboro on 13:23 - Aug 7 with 1166 viewsterryb

"Outside of those (and Dykes's long-range pot shot), there were no crafted moves to create a chance. And that's a little worrying. I appreciate Boro are up there with the best in the league, but we won't be able to go a whole season hoping for Willock magic or defensive lapses, to score goals."

I would agree that we didn't craft too many chances, but we certainly did twice in the second half.

Two good moves led to Adomah squaring the ball for Dykes to have a shot blocked & a flowing move set up Adomah for a cross shot that went just past the far post.

I would say that they were just as good as the moves for 'boro's second & disallowed goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024