Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 78429 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 06:07 - Jan 1 with 3747 viewsLblock

Lyndon Dykes on 05:31 - Jan 1 by Hooparoo

Shouldn’t he be preparing for a match? Probably had a meeting with fat boy Beale

Let’s hope so

Could be the decent way to leave if he bids £4mill for him

But decent and Beale should never be in the same sentence and everyone knows that’s £3.75Mill too high

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lyndon Dykes on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 3411 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 17:31 - Dec 30 by CamberleyR

"Brentford buy Ivan Toney we buy Dykes. We are supposed to be buying potential premiership players to sell on name me how many are even good championship players?"

Mate, that isn't a very good comparison. Brentford paid a minimum £5m (up to 10 with add ons) for Toney and were able to do so because of their success previously with buying Hogan, Maupay and Watkins as successive replacements for pittances and flogging them for multi millions (particularly Maupay and Watkins) a couple of years later.

Plus their "due diligence" didn't pick up a pretty significant problem (legals pending of course)
Lyndon Dykes on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 3079 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 05:31 - Jan 1 by Hooparoo

Shouldn’t he be preparing for a match? Probably had a meeting with fat boy Beale

Said it before, the guy is only happy when he is in Scotland. Hope he stays there.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:58 - Jan 2 with 2963 viewsflynnbo

Lyndon Dykes on 11:47 - Jan 2 by Damo1962

Said it before, the guy is only happy when he is in Scotland. Hope he stays there.

Hardly surprising given the abuse given out to one of OUR own players. He would have been given permission, I'd imagine.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:58 - Jan 2 with 2813 viewsgazza1

Can someone please tell me what he is good at on the football pitch??
Lyndon Dykes on 15:02 - Jan 2 with 2804 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 14:58 - Jan 2 by gazza1

Can someone please tell me what he is good at on the football pitch??

Maybe best answered by some knowledgeable football people like Steve Clarke who picks him ahead of two £20m forwards in his squad or Warburton and Beale?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 2708 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 15:02 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

Maybe best answered by some knowledgeable football people like Steve Clarke who picks him ahead of two £20m forwards in his squad or Warburton and Beale?

If I get a chance to speak to any of them I will ask them the question......have you got any ideas PRR??

Oh, btw....HNY
Lyndon Dykes on 16:01 - Jan 2 with 2652 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 15:40 - Jan 2 by gazza1

If I get a chance to speak to any of them I will ask them the question......have you got any ideas PRR??

Oh, btw....HNY

And HNY to you Gazza,

And my New Years resolution is to continue to support our players who play to the best of their abilities for our club,

As God knows our club has has its pants pulled down and been take advantage of by enough shysters in recent years, with Austin and Beale being the latest and most obvious of a very long line.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 21:51 - Jan 2 with 2404 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warnock’s man of the match
Lyndon Dykes on 21:56 - Jan 2 with 2393 viewscharmr

Mom, He just seems so mentally behind the reading of the game.

Dieng if anyone

All about opinions though
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 22:01]
Lyndon Dykes on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2385 viewsMedwayR

Well earned MotM tonight, he was brilliant, what a shift he put in.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2332 viewsmonners1969

Lyndon Dykes on 22:00 - Jan 2 by MedwayR

Well earned MotM tonight, he was brilliant, what a shift he put in.

Yeah his work rate was ridiculous- just needs a goal
Lyndon Dykes on 22:24 - Jan 2 with 2170 viewsdmm

Dykes was really on it tonight, put himself about and did the stuff he does best. However, my MotM was Chair who didn't stop running, working and contributing little bits of quality for the team.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:28 - Jan 2 with 2139 viewstraininvain

Well played Lyndon Dykes. Happy to eat humble pie after my criticism the other night. I’d still like to see him add some consistency to his performances and play like he did tonight more often.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:36 - Jan 2 with 2065 viewsbosh67

He's like Zamora without the goals. I don't think you will see a player work so hard and put in a better shift but he only looks like a goalscorer in one out of ten games, or on his birthday, or against Reading, or all three.

Last season he had Austin or Dykes to work with. He needs a senior player around him to be a second striker to. Or someone who is up and coming and prepared to create a proper partnership. Armstrong appears to be too raw to do anything like that yet.

I have never questioned his work rate but he just isn't a predictor and we desperately need one, even if it is alongside him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:57 - Jan 2 with 1916 viewsParkRoyalR

For the 2nd time I can recall one of our players (Chair tonite, Amos previously) anticipated and broke the line to be on the end of one of Dykes flick-on's,

So many positives tonite and this was just another example of playing the percentages and gambling.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:58 - Jan 2 with 1917 viewsgazza1

He had a good game, about time, well done.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:00 - Jan 2 with 1893 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:58 - Jan 2 by gazza1

He had a good game, about time, well done.

HNY Gazza! So many positives tonite.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:02 - Jan 2 with 1874 viewsChrisNW6

Well deserved MOTM, he was everywhere, defending set pieces and I think he won nearly every attacking header, just a pity there was no one close to him to capitalise.

Looking forward to Clives report.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:03 - Jan 2 with 1859 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:00 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

HNY Gazza! So many positives tonite.

Yes he done a good job tonight and well done to him.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:08 - Jan 2 with 1819 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:02 - Jan 2 by ChrisNW6

Well deserved MOTM, he was everywhere, defending set pieces and I think he won nearly every attacking header, just a pity there was no one close to him to capitalise.

Looking forward to Clives report.

Northern's not a fan, very unlikely he'll be giving my Lyndon his MOTM award!
Lyndon Dykes on 23:14 - Jan 2 with 1750 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:08 - Jan 2 by ParkRoyalR

Northern's not a fan, very unlikely he'll be giving my Lyndon his MOTM award!

That's not true PRR.......all he wants from the players is the same as me - a 'proper' shift for 90 minutes, couple with some good football from individuals. Tonight LD did just that and so did all of the Team. Disappointed big time but very pleased with the players and staff tonight.

You know the saying ' its a game of small margins' and it was tonight for a decent team.

TBF, they deserved something from the game.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:20 - Jan 2 with 1712 viewseastside_r

He’s a limited player but boy did he put a shift in tonight. Much better cobber, keep doing it.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:28 - Jan 2 with 1661 viewsDejR_vu

Best I’ve seen him play for us, thought he was superb.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lyndon Dykes on 23:36 - Jan 2 with 1616 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:14 - Jan 2 by gazza1

That's not true PRR.......all he wants from the players is the same as me - a 'proper' shift for 90 minutes, couple with some good football from individuals. Tonight LD did just that and so did all of the Team. Disappointed big time but very pleased with the players and staff tonight.

You know the saying ' its a game of small margins' and it was tonight for a decent team.

TBF, they deserved something from the game.

Agree with all of those comments, and get Northern can be frustrated when he doesn't play physical enough,

I just don't think he's as limited as most do, but think he a real confidence player (maybe due to coming to the game late) but he needs to play as he did tonite every game as we will accept he's not a prolific striker but he must beat up his Centre Backs and link up play with the 10's and attacking midfielders and create goals for the team.

And in return they have to get closer to him.

Great to see Ossie Kakay play so well tonite too and looking like Willock is getting back to match fitness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024