Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 77865 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 2886 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 11:44 - Aug 21 by R_from_afar

We really do need to remember that even if the board were willing to stump up the considerable funds required to buy a good quality Championship striker, until our revenues increase significantly, we simply do not have the FFP headroom to do that.

For that reason, we have no choice but to try to muddle through with lower quality players bought in the hope they will improve, home grown talent, and loans.

This is the reality of our situation and why FFP is unfair and fatally flawed. From the moment FFP was introduced, clubs with smaller grounds and fanbases were put at an instant disadvantage. There are teams in our division with over twice the ground capacity.

The system favours the big teams and should be replaced by one based on a maximum total player budget per season.

Never going to happen, though

Whilst P&S is a factor, QPR do not swim in this sea alone. The rules apply to everyone and most clubs are limited by it.

Gate receipts are no longer the be all and end all of revenue. The problem that QPR have is not so much capacity (which we don't even fill) but more the marketability of an ageing, decrepit stadium with poor facilities in the middle of a rough housing estate. There's little chance of hiring out the venue or attracting significant sponsors when there are so many better options in London alone.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 2873 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 07:02 - Aug 21 by dmm

That 2013 striker cost us £4m. That wouldn't get us much today, even if we had £4m to spend. Yes, he was our last really decent striker but since then we have recruited some excellent players, just not a no. 9.

Well other clubs of lesser or similar stature and standing, prior and since 2013, have brought strikers in for a fraction of what we have subsequently paid out and/or, done a considerably better job of developing strikers compared to us.

Acknowledging QPR have brought in or developed some very good players in other positions, that's not the problem area that needs addressing.

The problem is that we cannot score no matter how many chances we create and we haven't been able to recruit anyone to do so for some time.

Even if we had £4m to buy a striker, nothing over the last nine years suggests we'd do so wisely.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:39 - Aug 21 with 2773 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 14:04 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Whilst P&S is a factor, QPR do not swim in this sea alone. The rules apply to everyone and most clubs are limited by it.

Gate receipts are no longer the be all and end all of revenue. The problem that QPR have is not so much capacity (which we don't even fill) but more the marketability of an ageing, decrepit stadium with poor facilities in the middle of a rough housing estate. There's little chance of hiring out the venue or attracting significant sponsors when there are so many better options in London alone.

Agreed and I have talked about the struggle we have to generate income from the stadium on the days on which there is no match taking place.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 16:05 - Aug 21 with 2699 viewsQPROslo

I reckon Bonne should have played instead of Dykes yesterday. I have the gut feeling he would probably have put away one of those big chances Dykes failed to take.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 2647 viewsderbyhoop

I'll give you the one the keeper saved his tame effort with his wrong foot.
But, you can describe ALL the other big chances he missed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 17:55 - Aug 21 with 2517 viewsQPROslo

Lyndon Dykes on 16:23 - Aug 21 by derbyhoop

I'll give you the one the keeper saved his tame effort with his wrong foot.
But, you can describe ALL the other big chances he missed.

The one you mentioned plus the Chair cross from the goal line left side which Dykes failed to control unmarked 5 meters or so out, right side of the goal. Think there were a couple against Blackpool too. I see other aspects of the game which Dykes does better than Bonne not least on dead balls against, but when he's not scored since Boro I can't see good reason not to play Bonne. He did well pre-season I thought, perhaps he isn't in training and that's the problem.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:01 - Aug 21 with 2506 viewsthemodfather

he does have his plus sides but as an out and out striker/ goal scorer, he is not. he won't get more than 10 and we need a 20 goals a season striker, to stay mid table
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 21 with 2491 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Aug 20 by bakerloo8

Christ. Why are we still defending a guy with the same amount of goals as our goalie this season.

He's been poor and has been for the majority of his time here. Needs to sort himself out because he's not looking remotely good enough.

Good enough only applies when you’ve got something better no?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 18:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 18:36 - Aug 21 with 2431 viewsVancouverHoop

Lyndon Dykes on 16:05 - Aug 21 by QPROslo

I reckon Bonne should have played instead of Dykes yesterday. I have the gut feeling he would probably have put away one of those big chances Dykes failed to take.

Seems likely Bonne's out the door. AFAIK, no reason has been given for his omission from the squad yesterday.

I'm guessing no one is more p'oed over his lack of goals than Dykes himself. He's clearly not dogging it out there, his defensive coverage shows that. At some point however, he and the club are going to have to make a decision. It could be that he'll never be a solo striker at this level, but if so it's clear from his expression he's no more happy about it than we are, probably less so.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:42 - Aug 21 with 2388 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 17:55 - Aug 21 by QPROslo

The one you mentioned plus the Chair cross from the goal line left side which Dykes failed to control unmarked 5 meters or so out, right side of the goal. Think there were a couple against Blackpool too. I see other aspects of the game which Dykes does better than Bonne not least on dead balls against, but when he's not scored since Boro I can't see good reason not to play Bonne. He did well pre-season I thought, perhaps he isn't in training and that's the problem.

The reason Bonne is not in the squad is

- he is moving on
- he is injured
- he is under some sort of disciplinary action

Take you pick.....
Lyndon Dykes on 19:48 - Aug 21 with 2297 viewsNorthantsHoop

Lyndon Dykes on 14:04 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes is unlikely to improve. We just peservere with him until he can get a few goals, put in a decent performance for Scotland and sell him at a profit, with hopefully enough of a contract left for a sale.
On the stadium situation, Loftus Road will look even more down on its luck once the new training centre at Heston opens. The only way forward with the stadium is to look further west towards Hillingdon and ditch the prospect of staying in the W12 area. A good proportion of our fan base comes from Northolt, Ruislip, Uxbridge etc. and has reasonable good links on train, M40 and M25, there is a better chance of tapping into new support, which we need rather than where we are falling behind our west London rivals who are at a whole other level to us.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:33 - Aug 21 with 2242 viewsJames_Paddocks

That's me done with Lyndon now. A chance to really kick on after Boro and he's just not got the ability, sadly. He may well bag against Watford, but then it's another 8-9 games before he gets another one. Roberts up top with our little playmakers in behind, please.

Dykes won't even make the Scotland side with Stewart at Sunderland now looking the real deal.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:19 - Aug 21 with 2119 viewsderbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 17:55 - Aug 21 by QPROslo

The cross that was whacked at 100mph at stomach height , when he was 3 yards beyond the back post.

He did miss a couple of chances against Blackpool and I don't think he is a natural striker, but the criticism on social media and this site is way over the top.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 21:57 - Aug 21 with 2080 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 18:42 - Aug 21 by gazza1

- he is moving on
- he is injured

Take you pick.....

Disciplinary action for eating a whole packet of Jaffa cakes before half time at Sunderland and then asking for another packet. At £1.20 a packet it's quite understandable.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:49 - Aug 21 with 1980 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 19:48 - Aug 21 by NorthantsHoop

Lyndon Dykes is unlikely to improve. We just peservere with him until he can get a few goals, put in a decent performance for Scotland and sell him at a profit, with hopefully enough of a contract left for a sale.
On the stadium situation, Loftus Road will look even more down on its luck once the new training centre at Heston opens. The only way forward with the stadium is to look further west towards Hillingdon and ditch the prospect of staying in the W12 area. A good proportion of our fan base comes from Northolt, Ruislip, Uxbridge etc. and has reasonable good links on train, M40 and M25, there is a better chance of tapping into new support, which we need rather than where we are falling behind our west London rivals who are at a whole other level to us.

One of the problems with trying to build a new stadium in Hillingdon is that there is an electricity supply issue affecting all new construction in West London, specifically in Hillingdon, Ealing and Hounslow.

It has been reported that the problem might not be resolved until 2035.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 02:25 - Aug 22 with 1922 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 15:39 - Aug 21 by R_from_afar

Agreed and I have talked about the struggle we have to generate income from the stadium on the days on which there is no match taking place.

Indeed. In simple terms P&S allows you to spend a certain percentage of revenue on certain items, spread across a 3 year rolling period. So you're right to say that revenue needs to increase to allow more headroom for expenditure. The issue for me is that the board appears to be focusing on generating revenue by developing raw diamonds. I suspect it's driving the decision to throw players like Armstrong into the deep end despite him being extremely raw and inexperienced. Other options that require significant investment (like building a new stadium that can generate income on non-match days) appear further from their thoughts. The irony is that such investment, whilst costly, would be exempt from FFP.
Lyndon Dykes on 02:30 - Aug 22 with 1920 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 23:49 - Aug 21 by R_from_afar

One of the problems with trying to build a new stadium in Hillingdon is that there is an electricity supply issue affecting all new construction in West London, specifically in Hillingdon, Ealing and Hounslow.

It has been reported that the problem might not be resolved until 2035.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reports of an electricity shortage strike me as odd at a time we're all being encouraged to move to EVs. Unless the Ukraine war rumbles on for years I don't see this being a long-term problem. Besides it didn't prevent the club from gaining permission to develop the Heston training ground.
Lyndon Dykes on 02:35 - Aug 22 with 1918 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 18:42 - Aug 21 by gazza1

- he is moving on
- he is injured

Take you pick.....

Whatever the truth of the matter I can't help feeling that the club is cutting off its nose to spite its face. Given that Lyndon (and the team in general) are struggling for goals, Bonne should be given a chance to see whether he can thrive in the new system.
Lyndon Dykes on 04:10 - Aug 22 with 1893 viewsSydneyRs

Lyndon Dykes on 02:35 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Whatever the truth of the matter I can't help feeling that the club is cutting off its nose to spite its face. Given that Lyndon (and the team in general) are struggling for goals, Bonne should be given a chance to see whether he can thrive in the new system.

I think Bonne has one foot out the door, Beale did make a comment a few days ago that he might go. The bench on Saturday was extremely skinny so on merit he'd definitely have been at least there under normal circs.

I do think though that he could still do a job. If he does go it wll depends on what sort fo replacement we could bring in.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 8:31]
Lyndon Dykes on 07:58 - Aug 22 with 1786 viewsQPROslo

Lyndon Dykes on 21:19 - Aug 21 by derbyhoop

The cross that was whacked at 100mph at stomach height , when he was 3 yards beyond the back post.

He did miss a couple of chances against Blackpool and I don't think he is a natural striker, but the criticism on social media and this site is way over the top.

London said Chair's cross was too hard for Dykes in his live commentary. It did look a hard cross at first but seeing it in replay, it didn't look too hard a cross by the time it actually reached Dykes for him to have controlled it, or put away first time with his head or a volley. Think most strikers at this level would expect to score from that, as he probably did himself.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 8:00]
Lyndon Dykes on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 1747 viewsdaveB

Lyndon Dykes on 02:35 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

You might be right but Bonnes public comments about the club last year were disrespectful and he did it again this summer talking about running his conntract down so god knows what he's saying off the record to the club. Must be a problem behind the scenes as he'd surley be on the bench at the moment
Lyndon Dykes on 08:36 - Aug 22 with 1713 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 02:30 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Reports of an electricity shortage strike me as odd at a time we're all being encouraged to move to EVs. Unless the Ukraine war rumbles on for years I don't see this being a long-term problem. Besides it didn't prevent the club from gaining permission to develop the Heston training ground.

The problem has only come to light in the last few weeks.

The article I read attributed the issue to power hungry data centres in the West London area.

Lyndon Dykes on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 1692 viewsHooparoo

I really want to like Dykes but he just isn’t a natural striker. He tries hard but his reading of situations and the positions he takes up make it obvious it doesn’t come naturally to him. Great goal scorers always anticipate where the ball will drop. Look at young Sinclair, his only thought is how do I get this ball into the net.

We should support all our players but I’m afraid as a number 9, Dykes is just not fit for purpose.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lyndon Dykes on 08:52 - Aug 22 with 1678 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes on 08:36 - Aug 22 by R_from_afar

The problem has only come to light in the last few weeks.

The article I read attributed the issue to power hungry data centres in the West London area.

Surely we can generate adequate wind power among the fan base?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:25 - Aug 22 with 1618 viewsEsox_Lucius

All those who think that QPR have "$h!t" players in the side might want to catch up on C4's Football Dreams: The Academy and One Shot: The Football Factory and perhaps get an understanding of just how good ALL our players are. Less than 0.5% of kids who enter a training environment at age 8/9 will ever be offered a professional contract and a high percentage of those will only ever get their 1st one and then drift out of the game.
It's fair comment to say they aren't playing well etc. but they are not $h!t footballers.
Almost everyone on here understands the clubs financial plight and how it affects what players we attract; how about supporting those that we have until they move on?

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024