Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 77855 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 23:51 - Aug 16 with 3182 viewsDannytheR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:47 - Aug 16 by Padulas_Shampoo

Led the line well? What does that mean?

He was constantly second to the ball, won very few headers, doesn’t involve himself in general play and on the odd occasion the ball does land in his feet he is invariably too slow in mind and body to produce anything.

Armstrong was on the pitch for about 25 minutes and had more actual positive impact on the game than Dykes had in several months… maybe the entire calendar year.

Maybe it’s some subtle tactical nuance that a layman couldn’t possibly understand as to what this guy actually contributes because for the life of me I can’t see what damage he does to an opposition.

Agreed. I can only envy the sophisticated football mind able to relish just how beautifully Dykes "led the line" tonight. As a clueless philistine, it looked to me like a poor and seemingly not very interested performance from a player who increasingly delivers that as the norm.

This isn't working out for anyone. He's going backwards. We need better.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:52]
Lyndon Dykes on 00:01 - Aug 17 with 3123 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:51 - Aug 16 by DannytheR

Agreed. I can only envy the sophisticated football mind able to relish just how beautifully Dykes "led the line" tonight. As a clueless philistine, it looked to me like a poor and seemingly not very interested performance from a player who increasingly delivers that as the norm.

This isn't working out for anyone. He's going backwards. We need better.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:52]

Seemingly not very interested, re-watch him run the length of the pitch to block Bowlers first shot on goal, and compare his effort to SJ's ridiculous pass that lost possession and his two following 'dis-interested' attempts to defend,

We lost the game tonight largely because Dykes missed a sitter but Beale does need to look at his formations with the players currently available as not sure there is any other football manager who would play SJ + Dozell in a 3 man midfield with Dozell on the right in the championship.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:13 - Aug 20 with 2852 viewsNortholt_Rs

Not the only culprit today but yet another horrible miss from a gilt edged chance to score. His confidence must be rock bottom…. Let’s hope Beale can find the best version of Dykes and quickly - we desperately need him to start delivering.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 20:23 - Aug 20 with 2798 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 20:13 - Aug 20 by Northolt_Rs

Not the only culprit today but yet another horrible miss from a gilt edged chance to score. His confidence must be rock bottom…. Let’s hope Beale can find the best version of Dykes and quickly - we desperately need him to start delivering.

A good chance but made a decent connection on his weaker left foot,

If you're talking gilt-edged chances, I was in line and Chairs air-shot cost us 3 points today, absolute sitter.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Aug 20 with 2573 viewsbakerloo8

Christ. Why are we still defending a guy with the same amount of goals as our goalie this season.

He's been poor and has been for the majority of his time here. Needs to sort himself out because he's not looking remotely good enough.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:02 - Aug 20 with 2558 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Aug 20 by bakerloo8

Christ. Why are we still defending a guy with the same amount of goals as our goalie this season.

He's been poor and has been for the majority of his time here. Needs to sort himself out because he's not looking remotely good enough.

Is the correct answer.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:12 - Aug 20 with 2523 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lyndon Dykes on 20:23 - Aug 20 by ParkRoyalR

A good chance but made a decent connection on his weaker left foot,

If you're talking gilt-edged chances, I was in line and Chairs air-shot cost us 3 points today, absolute sitter.

For me the Chair chance is more forgivable because it's not his natural position.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:18 - Aug 20 with 2476 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 23:44 - Aug 16 by ParkRoyalR

I will not be suggesting Dykes is scored an 8 and Dieng is not coaching anyone to head the ball. Two statements of fantasy.

Bit like your fantasy that Dykes is worth persevering with.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 22:58 - Aug 20 with 2377 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 22:18 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

Bit like your fantasy that Dykes is worth persevering with.

Until someone else is signed it’s Dykes or no one.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:01 - Aug 20 with 2367 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He's not a natural centre forward as he never gambles and makes runs to where the ball might go; that's what goalscorers do. I think he tries and other players missed easier chances today but we really need a striker who makes those instinctive runs, particularly with the likes of Chrissy, Chair, Roberts and Laird in the side. Our relatively poor start to the season might force the board to reassess the need for a forward though.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 2328 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:12 - Aug 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

For me the Chair chance is more forgivable because it's not his natural position.

Not his natural position, Chair, an attacker, 6 yards out, in front of a goal 8ft by 24ft, with two feet, and he misses with both....and it's ok because...it's not his natural position...how could you expect an attacking player so rated by our fans to make contact with the ball...ffs.

We do have some special fans...90% of whom backed Washington for 80+ games...did he even touch the ball today?

Twice the wages Dykes was on and cost more and even had his own song despite after 5 games being so out of his depth in the Championship it was pitiful.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:34 - Aug 20 with 2279 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lyndon Dykes on 23:19 - Aug 20 by ParkRoyalR

Not his natural position, Chair, an attacker, 6 yards out, in front of a goal 8ft by 24ft, with two feet, and he misses with both....and it's ok because...it's not his natural position...how could you expect an attacking player so rated by our fans to make contact with the ball...ffs.

We do have some special fans...90% of whom backed Washington for 80+ games...did he even touch the ball today?

Twice the wages Dykes was on and cost more and even had his own song despite after 5 games being so out of his depth in the Championship it was pitiful.

I didn't say it was ok I said it was more forgiveable. You don't see him in that position very often. If Chair could put that kind of chance away easily he'd play up there more often I'm sure. It was a weird one he seemed to try to play it with his left foot which I used to think was his weaker foot?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lyndon Dykes on 23:35 - Aug 20 with 2263 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not signed a decent striker since 2013.

The problem isn't necessarily whom we buy, I'm sure they try their best. The problem is that whomever is overseeing the buying and whatever system, metrics or horoscopes they are using, it's clearly shite!

That's what needs addressing.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 23:40]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 00:11 - Aug 21 with 2188 viewscorse

From the first game two seasons ago I couldnt spot a decent player in him and still cannot. Never was, is or will be a championship forward. Waste of time money and space.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:13 - Aug 21 with 2176 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:34 - Aug 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

I didn't say it was ok I said it was more forgiveable. You don't see him in that position very often. If Chair could put that kind of chance away easily he'd play up there more often I'm sure. It was a weird one he seemed to try to play it with his left foot which I used to think was his weaker foot?

You said it was forgivable for Chair to air-shot in front of an open goal, from 6 yards out, as it's not his normal position, seeing a big empty goal smack bang dead centre in front of him, we'll leave it there.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:22 - Aug 21 with 2143 viewsstrikerace

For whatever reason the only time he looked good was when Charlie Austin was hear. Maybe Charlie gave him some tips, or worked well 2 up top with him? Anyway before and after, he has not been up to the task. Need to try something different, maybe two up with Dykes and "pick a striker".
Lyndon Dykes on 00:39 - Aug 21 with 2106 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 22:12 - Aug 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

With all due respect that's stretching it. Chair's a professional footballer. Armstrong's cross was on a plate; the least Ilias should do is make the keeper work. Instead he kicked fresh air. At least Dykes made contact (with his weaker foot) and produced a shot on target.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 0:42]
Lyndon Dykes on 00:46 - Aug 21 with 2092 viewsJamesB1979

Lyndon Dykes on 22:58 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Until someone else is signed it’s Dykes or no one.

Roberts, Bonne and Armstrong are all other options.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:02 - Aug 21 with 1945 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 23:35 - Aug 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Not signed a decent striker since 2013.

The problem isn't necessarily whom we buy, I'm sure they try their best. The problem is that whomever is overseeing the buying and whatever system, metrics or horoscopes they are using, it's clearly shite!

That's what needs addressing.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 23:40]

That 2013 striker cost us £4m. That wouldn't get us much today, even if we had £4m to spend. Yes, he was our last really decent striker but since then we have recruited some excellent players, just not a no. 9.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:14 - Aug 21 with 1936 viewsbakerloo8

So because Ilias Chair missed a sitter that excuses Dykes from criticism after a series of pony performances despite almost everyone on here agreeing IC is one of our best players?
Makes sense.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:14 - Aug 21 with 1836 viewsPunteR

Let's not forget Dykes is an international player, albeit for Scotland. We've seen flashes of what he's capable of.,albeit when Austin was guiding him through games.
His level of football ability should be on par with the wages he's on. I don't think we are going to get another striker in this transfer window so this is basically it. I think Bonne is even worse at this level.
All eyes on Armstrong stepping up.

Judging by previous posts ,it was Dykes work rate that stood out. You don't coach that. You also don't need ability for that. Work rate goes a long way at this club .
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 8:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lyndon Dykes on 08:49 - Aug 21 with 1764 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 07:14 - Aug 21 by bakerloo8

So because Ilias Chair missed a sitter that excuses Dykes from criticism after a series of pony performances despite almost everyone on here agreeing IC is one of our best players?
Makes sense.

Yet again, no-one said that.

Dykes had a brain fade last week and likely cost us 3 points and our so called fans + supporters completely load up on a player who always give 100%, admittedly his confidence was knocked after that miss and his ball striking is too tentative at times, yet compare his professionalism and commitment to our club (through injury) to the other two strikers who were here last year, one a club-legend.

Chair misses an absolute sitter (no keeper needed this time unlike last week) and we get....you get posts like yeah but it's forgivable as he's not a striker, or it was his weaker left foot etc

Let's just be fair + consistent to any player who does his best for our club (not last year's blaggers who took our club + fans for mugs, not surprisingly)

Did anyone come on here and say Dykes shot yesterday came after good movement, was with his weaker left foot from the edge of the box and the keeper made a decent save ? Dtf

Chair + Armstrong havnt even been able hit to an 8ft x 24ft target from similar positions in these same games, any criticism, no chance, just excuses and loading up on Dykes.

Dykes made a good chance for himself last week with a superb flick and movement and a very decent strike from the edge of the box, did any of our fans recognise this excellent play, no just loaded up on him for missing 3 chances, the same 3 chances Armstrong missed, the same 3 Chair missed in his last 2 games and barely a mention.

I genuinely wonder if any of some of the posters on here have ever played football.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:16 - Aug 21 with 1685 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 08:49 - Aug 21 by ParkRoyalR

Yet again, no-one said that.

Dykes had a brain fade last week and likely cost us 3 points and our so called fans + supporters completely load up on a player who always give 100%, admittedly his confidence was knocked after that miss and his ball striking is too tentative at times, yet compare his professionalism and commitment to our club (through injury) to the other two strikers who were here last year, one a club-legend.

Chair misses an absolute sitter (no keeper needed this time unlike last week) and we get....you get posts like yeah but it's forgivable as he's not a striker, or it was his weaker left foot etc

Let's just be fair + consistent to any player who does his best for our club (not last year's blaggers who took our club + fans for mugs, not surprisingly)

Did anyone come on here and say Dykes shot yesterday came after good movement, was with his weaker left foot from the edge of the box and the keeper made a decent save ? Dtf

Chair + Armstrong havnt even been able hit to an 8ft x 24ft target from similar positions in these same games, any criticism, no chance, just excuses and loading up on Dykes.

Dykes made a good chance for himself last week with a superb flick and movement and a very decent strike from the edge of the box, did any of our fans recognise this excellent play, no just loaded up on him for missing 3 chances, the same 3 chances Armstrong missed, the same 3 Chair missed in his last 2 games and barely a mention.

I genuinely wonder if any of some of the posters on here have ever played football.

You can say what you like about LD but most of it is not correct.....leads the line well, all round game is good, ties up two CB's - really?? (please explain), you constantly go on about service to LD - you have to make good, intelligent & timed runs but LD does not make enough of them.

Chair should have scored (why wasnt it LD making that run that Chair did??), so should Armstrong, so should a couple of others but LD is our CF that has a key responsibility for the team to score goals....sadly he doesn't. But it is not just that, he fails on so many occasions to control the ball and lay it off correctly, he fails to win so many 50/50 headers, he is dominated by the opposition players, he fails to attack the ball in the box so frequently, his runs outside are not good either and 50/50 challenge he frequently turns his back.......he has scored so few goal in the last 20 games.

I fail to see why you constantly 'support' a player, on this MB board, that is so, so limited.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:33 - Aug 21 with 1652 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 09:16 - Aug 21 by gazza1

You can say what you like about LD but most of it is not correct.....leads the line well, all round game is good, ties up two CB's - really?? (please explain), you constantly go on about service to LD - you have to make good, intelligent & timed runs but LD does not make enough of them.

Chair should have scored (why wasnt it LD making that run that Chair did??), so should Armstrong, so should a couple of others but LD is our CF that has a key responsibility for the team to score goals....sadly he doesn't. But it is not just that, he fails on so many occasions to control the ball and lay it off correctly, he fails to win so many 50/50 headers, he is dominated by the opposition players, he fails to attack the ball in the box so frequently, his runs outside are not good either and 50/50 challenge he frequently turns his back.......he has scored so few goal in the last 20 games.

I fail to see why you constantly 'support' a player, on this MB board, that is so, so limited.

Why wasn't it LD making that run that Chair did - like he did in the 1st Half and unlike Chair + Armstrong managed to his the target with his weaker left foot - well in answer to your question Gaz, he wasn't on the pitch at the time.

I can't ever recall making reference to service to Lydon Dykes, although have long before it was popular stated Chairs inability to take just one touch (or even as Eze did so effectively pass with his first touch) makes it easy for oppo defences to re-set and is holding back his career,

Yet again, as favoured by so many LfW posters, don't let the facts change your position, just make any old tosh up, 50/50 challenges he turns his back, ffs, the bloke who was almost knocked spark-out against WBA last year, got up and still won headers against a monster Centre-Half now turns his back on 50/50 challenges, wtf, we do have some special fans.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:33 - Aug 21 with 1652 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Lyndon Dykes on 09:16 - Aug 21 by gazza1

The reason people "support" Dykes is because he is all we have and there is no one else available. Robert's is not a striker (see Leeds strike rate), Bonne is leaving probably and when he does play is clearly not strong enough to lead the line, while Armstrong is extremely raw, his appearance yesterday clearly showed up his lack of experience.
So maybe we as supporters need to "support" Dykes because I think he is going to be our main striker this season.
I also think he works better as a 2 up top, no coincidence his most prolific period was with Austin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024