Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 77850 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:36 - Aug 22 with 2455 viewsderbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 07:58 - Aug 22 by QPROslo

London said Chair's cross was too hard for Dykes in his live commentary. It did look a hard cross at first but seeing it in replay, it didn't look too hard a cross by the time it actually reached Dykes for him to have controlled it, or put away first time with his head or a volley. Think most strikers at this level would expect to score from that, as he probably did himself.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 8:00]

Van Basten in his pomp couldn't have headed or volleyed that one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 09:36 - Aug 22 with 2455 viewsrobith

Whilst his finishing was profligate, it was noticeable that no one was occupying the central area when he went off - loads of crosses, but all our strikers were peeling off to the wings
Lyndon Dykes on 10:39 - Aug 22 with 2312 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 09:36 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

Van Basten in his pomp couldn't have headed or volleyed that one.

What's he doing making a movement to that position then? He's 3 yards beyond the back post, 3 yards from the byeline when we have the ball in dangerous position inside the box. If he were actually between the posts the ball could have just hit him and gone in which looks his best chance of scoring right now.

He's rarely showed that goal-getter's killer instinct the whole time he's been here and his early performances since wonder coach Mick Beale has had his hands on him suggests he's not getting any better in that regard.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 2310 viewsLythamR

Lyndon Dykes on 07:58 - Aug 22 by QPROslo

London said Chair's cross was too hard for Dykes in his live commentary. It did look a hard cross at first but seeing it in replay, it didn't look too hard a cross by the time it actually reached Dykes for him to have controlled it, or put away first time with his head or a volley. Think most strikers at this level would expect to score from that, as he probably did himself.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 8:00]

"Think most strikers at this level would expect to score from that, as he probably did himself."

yup, if they were out of their trees on Ee's

This is getting a bit stupid now, Dykes wasnt brilliant but he wasnt shit either, he should have been left on rather than hooked, to tale advantage on the improved chances against a tiring defence.

have a word about the overhit, underhit, wildly hit passes, crosses etc. our full backs must be on bonus for hitting the second tier
Lyndon Dykes on 10:47 - Aug 22 with 2278 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:39 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

What's he doing making a movement to that position then? He's 3 yards beyond the back post, 3 yards from the byeline when we have the ball in dangerous position inside the box. If he were actually between the posts the ball could have just hit him and gone in which looks his best chance of scoring right now.

He's rarely showed that goal-getter's killer instinct the whole time he's been here and his early performances since wonder coach Mick Beale has had his hands on him suggests he's not getting any better in that regard.

He's drifted into that position as by the time Chair has taken his usual half dozen touches (worth a watch and count, maybe 7 or 8 on this one) the 4 defenders have re-set in a line and there is no space.

Chair eventually ending up whacking it across on his weaker left foot, so why did'nt he just put it in first time on his weaker left foot?

Whereas the likes of Willock (as was Eze) are a centre-forwards dream, the likes of Chair (as was BOS) must be a centre-forwards nightmare, you can make 2 or 3 runs and you look up and they are still dribbling around in circles looking at their feet.
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 10:51 - Aug 22 with 2268 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good enough only applies when you’ve got something better no?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 18:17]

No, it doesn't Bazza.

It applies as a subjective view as to whether our football club has followed its own plan and invested wisely, particularly at the striker position. In the last couple of years alone we're reported to have spent between £2.5 and £3 million pounds on Dykes and Bonne. The entire point of us investing transfer fees for players is to improve them and sell them on at a profit. Dykes' transfer fee makes up most of that investment.

The majority here have realised that we're not going to make a profit on either player in a billion years and that fairly substantial transfer fee by our standards shelled out on Dykes is likely to end up with him eventually leaving on a free at the end of his contract. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay a fee for him.

It's not Dykes' 'fault' per se but these two investments have been truly miserable for the club. The Dykes bet was a relatively big one and it's looking like a complete bust. So I'd say that's reasonable grounds to describe Dykes as not good enough.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 2250 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 10:47 - Aug 22 by ParkRoyalR

He's drifted into that position as by the time Chair has taken his usual half dozen touches (worth a watch and count, maybe 7 or 8 on this one) the 4 defenders have re-set in a line and there is no space.

Chair eventually ending up whacking it across on his weaker left foot, so why did'nt he just put it in first time on his weaker left foot?

Whereas the likes of Willock (as was Eze) are a centre-forwards dream, the likes of Chair (as was BOS) must be a centre-forwards nightmare, you can make 2 or 3 runs and you look up and they are still dribbling around in circles looking at their feet.

I don't disagree with this, Chair frustrates me too at times. I'm not going to come on here and criticise Chair though because I'd suggest that 80-90% of the things he does on the pitch - particularly on Saturday - are extremely positive. My view on Dykes is not the same.

Your view on Dykes, perhaps both players, is clearly different and that's allowed. If Dykes eventually gets sold off for a profit, feel free to resurrect this thread and declare for all to see that you were right and I was wrong.

In the meantime I continue to be frustrated with his poor performances, his lack of goals and the club's inability to find and develop a striker that they can make a profit on.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 10:57]
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 2224 viewsderbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 10:51 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

No, it doesn't Bazza.

It applies as a subjective view as to whether our football club has followed its own plan and invested wisely, particularly at the striker position. In the last couple of years alone we're reported to have spent between £2.5 and £3 million pounds on Dykes and Bonne. The entire point of us investing transfer fees for players is to improve them and sell them on at a profit. Dykes' transfer fee makes up most of that investment.

The majority here have realised that we're not going to make a profit on either player in a billion years and that fairly substantial transfer fee by our standards shelled out on Dykes is likely to end up with him eventually leaving on a free at the end of his contract. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay a fee for him.

It's not Dykes' 'fault' per se but these two investments have been truly miserable for the club. The Dykes bet was a relatively big one and it's looking like a complete bust. So I'd say that's reasonable grounds to describe Dykes as not good enough.

Don't forget the investments we made in
Washington,
Sylla
Polter
Kelman
Austin, who was a busted flush.
Not forgetting loans for Hugill, Wells, gray, none of whom we could afford to buy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 2193 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:56 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

I don't disagree with this, Chair frustrates me too at times. I'm not going to come on here and criticise Chair though because I'd suggest that 80-90% of the things he does on the pitch - particularly on Saturday - are extremely positive. My view on Dykes is not the same.

Your view on Dykes, perhaps both players, is clearly different and that's allowed. If Dykes eventually gets sold off for a profit, feel free to resurrect this thread and declare for all to see that you were right and I was wrong.

In the meantime I continue to be frustrated with his poor performances, his lack of goals and the club's inability to find and develop a striker that they can make a profit on.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 10:57]

Good post,

I just think on this forum we're not on twitter, we're not emotionally charged teenagers and we should be fair and balanced about all our players who put a shift-in,

Chair is rightly lauded for a decent hard-working performance on Saturday but the above was an example of his inherent flaw in slowing down our attack, he missed a sitter and cost us 2 points, but is being lauded as we've got our Illy & Willy back whereas the reality is Willock borrows him the ball / plays one two's off-him and then single-handedly scores a superb equaliser.

Dykes can only be properly be judged this season after a run of games with Willock in side, in the same way last season his and the teams drop-off in form coincided with his own injury but obviously and crucially, Willock not being in the side.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 2128 viewsrobith

Someone knew me tried to start a chant about Lyndon Dykes being sh!t like by the 3rd minute. Was met with mute silence thankfully

Regardless of your opinion on his performance, seriously, who does that?
Lyndon Dykes on 11:46 - Aug 22 with 2099 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 02:30 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Reports of an electricity shortage strike me as odd at a time we're all being encouraged to move to EVs. Unless the Ukraine war rumbles on for years I don't see this being a long-term problem. Besides it didn't prevent the club from gaining permission to develop the Heston training ground.

EVs require charging.

The problem with the type of development taking place in West and west of London, precious little thought applied to building the necessary infrastructures to support it all.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 11:52 - Aug 22 with 2076 viewsTheChef

Lyndon Dykes on 10:40 - Aug 22 by LythamR

"Think most strikers at this level would expect to score from that, as he probably did himself."

yup, if they were out of their trees on Ee's

This is getting a bit stupid now, Dykes wasnt brilliant but he wasnt shit either, he should have been left on rather than hooked, to tale advantage on the improved chances against a tiring defence.

have a word about the overhit, underhit, wildly hit passes, crosses etc. our full backs must be on bonus for hitting the second tier

Hmmm interesting point. Would he have put away the chance that Armstrong had saved?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Aug 22 with 2027 viewsStrawberryHillR

Long time listener, first time caller.

I remember Beale saying in pre-season that the key to Dykes was slinging in crosses so he could score with his head, and he was bemused as to why we didn't play to his strengths last season.

This season, we're hammering Lyndon for not converting pullbacks along the ground, we're taking him off around the same time that we bring on Adomah - arguably our best crosser of the ball, and we're loving the interplay between Chair and Willock but all of their rinky-dink cleverness rarely ends with a ball landing on Lyndon's nut.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 12:14]
Lyndon Dykes on 12:44 - Aug 22 with 1910 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Aug 22 by StrawberryHillR

I remember Beale saying in pre-season that the key to Dykes was slinging in crosses so he could score with his head, and he was bemused as to why we didn't play to his strengths last season.

This season, we're hammering Lyndon for not converting pullbacks along the ground, we're taking him off around the same time that we bring on Adomah - arguably our best crosser of the ball, and we're loving the interplay between Chair and Willock but all of their rinky-dink cleverness rarely ends with a ball landing on Lyndon's nut.

This, plus set pieces.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:45 - Aug 22 with 1918 viewsTheChef

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Aug 22 by StrawberryHillR

Whether it's on the ground or in the air he should still have the awareness/ability to get the ball in the net.

As Bill Murray said in Ghostbusters, "We're paying you for this stuff!"

In the absence of anything else let's just hope and pray he improves...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 1868 viewsEsox_Lucius

Random musing... if you are at work and going about your usual workload do you do it better with all your workmates criticising you and shouting abuse? or is it more inspiring when they get behind you and support what you are doing, even if it isn't going as well as you would like and you know it?
Asking for a Scotstrailian.

The grass is always greener.

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 1841 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 12:51 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

Random musing... if you are at work and going about your usual workload do you do it better with all your workmates criticising you and shouting abuse? or is it more inspiring when they get behind you and support what you are doing, even if it isn't going as well as you would like and you know it?
Asking for a Scotstrailian.

So nobody is allowed to criticise any QPR players' form or ability on here?
Lyndon Dykes on 13:34 - Aug 22 with 1765 viewsLythamR

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Of course they can but by the same token people are allowed to offer a defence are they not?
Lyndon Dykes on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 1735 viewsderbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 13:45 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

No offence but I don't buy into this lazy argument. There are plenty of other clubs with limited budgets unearthing better strikers than Dykes. For example, the lad who scored for Rotherham yesterday already has 4 for the season.

Luton and Swansea managed to get strikers on the (relatively) cheap, last season.
But, if we want to turn Roberts' loan into a permanent it is going to cost us 4.5m, allegedly

Lyndon Dykes on 13:47 - Aug 22 with 1718 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 13:34 - Aug 22 by LythamR

Of course they can but by the same token people are allowed to offer a defence are they not?

Could you point me in the direction of my post which is trying to suppress anyone giving a view? I welcome the debate, that's literally what I'm here for.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:17 - Aug 22 with 1672 viewsLythamR

Lyndon Dykes on 13:47 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Could you point me in the direction of my post which is trying to suppress anyone giving a view? I welcome the debate, that's literally what I'm here for.

No I cant i didn't accuse you of anything anywhere
Lyndon Dykes on 14:59 - Aug 22 with 1584 viewsrobith

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

There's a big difference between here and the ground imo.

My opinion - in the ground, if you've got blue and white on I'll cheer you till my lungs run dry. Here - you can say what you want, but given it's just football, try and have a modicum of civility
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:12 - Aug 22 with 1528 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 10:51 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

No, it doesn't Bazza.

21 goals over two seasons isn’t a bust for £2.5m in the Championship in my opinion.

Please don’t mistake that for defending his current form by the way, but also I’d love to know what proven 10 goal a season striker who we’ll get for the same.

Kieffer Moore the only comparison really and his record isn’t that much better. He blew us out by the way.

This doesn’t apply to you, but facts (and goals) have complete exited the debate on this forum on the subject of Dykes. Others will not be happy until he’s kicked to death at half time.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 15:21]
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 1489 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:12 - Aug 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

21 goals over two seasons isn’t a bust for £2.5m in the Championship in my opinion.

Please don’t mistake that for defending his current form by the way, but also I’d love to know what proven 10 goal a season striker who we’ll get for the same.

Kieffer Moore the only comparison really and his record isn’t that much better. He blew us out by the way.

This doesn’t apply to you, but facts (and goals) have complete exited the debate on this forum on the subject of Dykes. Others will not be happy until he’s kicked to death at half time.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 15:21]

Do you think ultimately we’ll get our money back or more for him?
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:23 - Aug 22 with 1475 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:20 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Do you think ultimately we’ll get our money back or more for him?

It’s about timing isn’t it.

If he hits one of the mini purple patches he’s had before, say just before January, and some Forrest type club are desperate then yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024