Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 77861 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 13:43 - Aug 7 with 4471 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thought Dykes was excellent today. Bullied their centre backs all game, got the goal, and could of had another. It makes a massive difference now we have others a lot closer to him looking for the flick ons etc, he was so isolated last season, but just from this game u could see Beale has asked for Chair, Amos to be running beyond him. Hope it continues.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 4445 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 13:29 - Aug 7 by ed_83

Honestly, everything I’ve seen of him and Bonne suggests that they’re both perfectly capable of being Championship-quality strikers if they’re coached and supplied properly. Yesterday proved why: Dykes ran and battled excellently, did a lot of the unglamorous work as others have pointed out, scored a very decent goal, then made way for Bonne to stretch a tired defence. The question now, as it’s been for a while, is how to get Dykes doing that every week, and getting Bonne to stay onside, but neither seem impossible to me.

We can’t afford to go out and spend £8m on Daryl Dike of whoever, so our only option is to bring in players who aren’t the finished article and then try to improve them. Dykes has taken a while to show it, and maybe he’ll do a Washington and prove that he never had it in the first place, but for as long as he’s an R we should be trying our best to get behind him and give him the best chance to succeed, in my opinion.

This!

Lyndon Dykes on 15:30 - Aug 7 with 4292 viewsdm97

Lyndon Dykes on 13:29 - Aug 7 by ed_83

Honestly, everything I’ve seen of him and Bonne suggests that they’re both perfectly capable of being Championship-quality strikers if they’re coached and supplied properly. Yesterday proved why: Dykes ran and battled excellently, did a lot of the unglamorous work as others have pointed out, scored a very decent goal, then made way for Bonne to stretch a tired defence. The question now, as it’s been for a while, is how to get Dykes doing that every week, and getting Bonne to stay onside, but neither seem impossible to me.

We can’t afford to go out and spend £8m on Daryl Dike of whoever, so our only option is to bring in players who aren’t the finished article and then try to improve them. Dykes has taken a while to show it, and maybe he’ll do a Washington and prove that he never had it in the first place, but for as long as he’s an R we should be trying our best to get behind him and give him the best chance to succeed, in my opinion.

Print it out for the twitter lads
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 15:42]
Lyndon Dykes on 08:59 - Aug 8 with 4042 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 13:16 - Aug 7 by ParkRoyalR

Good to have you back Gazza, your glass is definitely getting closer to being half full,

Watch the Sky highlights on the other thread, excellent movement from Dykes from edge of the box to lose their defenders for his goal,

Excellent movement also for Dunne's goal where he pulled Crooks to front post creating space for Dunne, then spun round for possible second ball,

You'll no doubt appreciate his sublime touch taking the ball out of the sky before his shot being well saved by their keeper,

Looking back to the player he was before his injury and being forced to play those last 10 games when not fully fit, due to our owners and DOF obviously not wanting to waste another million in wages on Austin.

It is not about one match, it's about a season's performances.....Championship players rarely play well or do enough in every game and I fully accept and appreciate that. He did enough on Saturday to keep his place in the Team and that is all he did and 'fair play' to him, sadly his last 15 or so performances were not good enough to play in the Championship for a Club, Team & Supporters that has high expectations and our statue.

I think Norf got it about right - a 7 marking - just better than OK as far as I am concerned, like many of the players.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 4013 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought he had a really good game, interestingly most "neutral" reporters and stats scorers had him at the same mark or higher than Willock.

I thought Willock and Amos were the difference though and our roughest patch was when both were shot and left poor old Kakay totally exposed through lack of cover
Lyndon Dykes on 09:56 - Aug 8 with 3930 viewsfrancisbowles

Championship appearances, goals and assists:
Lyndon Dykes 76 21 9
Connor Washington 108 13 4

He does a lot more for the team and has a much better end product. The comparison that some have claimed is simply not valid. About 1 goal in about 3.5 compared to just 1 in 8.4.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:38 - Aug 8 with 3787 viewsPlanetHonneywood

...but we'd still sell the Scotralian for £20m.
Right?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 14:28 - Aug 8 with 3699 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just noticed on the Full 90 on the offish - he was wearing an undershirt!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 3611 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 12:38 - Aug 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Right?

Yep. That’s our new business model.

Lyndon Dykes on 16:44 - Aug 8 with 3508 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 09:56 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

Lyndon Dykes 76 21 9

He does a lot more for the team and has a much better end product. The comparison that some have claimed is simply not valid. About 1 goal in about 3.5 compared to just 1 in 8.4.

Wow... I can't believe we trotted Washington out there 108 times.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:22 - Aug 8 with 3446 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 09:56 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

Lyndon Dykes 76 21 9

1 in 5.5 if you adjust for penalties ...but still better TBF
Lyndon Dykes on 22:25 - Aug 12 with 3187 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 13:16 - Aug 7 by ParkRoyalR

Good to have you back Gazza, your glass is definitely getting closer to being half full,

Watch the Sky highlights on the other thread, excellent movement from Dykes from edge of the box to lose their defenders for his goal,

Excellent movement also for Dunne's goal where he pulled Crooks to front post creating space for Dunne, then spun round for possible second ball,

You'll no doubt appreciate his sublime touch taking the ball out of the sky before his shot being well saved by their keeper,

Looking back to the player he was before his injury and being forced to play those last 10 games when not fully fit, due to our owners and DOF obviously not wanting to waste another million in wages on Austin.

My glass is always half full.......M'Boro coaches will be playing back the goal that LD scores and suggesting a few things for sure. It was pretty poor defending although LD took the chance. Lets hope LD performs on Saturday to make it two in a row.....we will see.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 3166 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lyndon Dykes on 12:38 - Aug 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Right?

Pretty sure we'd sell Tony Fernandes' mother for £20m if there were any buyers.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:23 - Aug 16 with 2832 viewsNortholt_Rs

I’m sorry but that was an abysmal ‘performance’ tonight…. Should’ve scored three FFS!

Lyndon Dykes on 22:33 - Aug 16 with 2745 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:23 - Aug 16 by Northolt_Rs

I’m sorry but that was an abysmal ‘performance’ tonight…. Should’ve scored three FFS!

Performance wise led the line well, finishing wise abysmal + that cost us the game.

I'm optimistic after tonight as with Willock + Richards back, and if they can all get and stay fit, we have a decent starting XI.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:47 - Aug 16 with 2615 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 22:33 - Aug 16 by ParkRoyalR

Performance wise led the line well, finishing wise abysmal + that cost us the game.

I'm optimistic after tonight as with Willock + Richards back, and if they can all get and stay fit, we have a decent starting XI.

Led the line well? What does that mean?

He was constantly second to the ball, won very few headers, doesn’t involve himself in general play and on the odd occasion the ball does land in his feet he is invariably too slow in mind and body to produce anything.

Armstrong was on the pitch for about 25 minutes and had more actual positive impact on the game than Dykes had in several months… maybe the entire calendar year.

Maybe it’s some subtle tactical nuance that a layman couldn’t possibly understand as to what this guy actually contributes because for the life of me I can’t see what damage he does to an opposition.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:48 - Aug 16 with 2606 viewsBenny_the_Ball

We haven't seen Richards play yet so there is an element of unknown there. Fingers crossed he can improve the midfield because Johansen has been poor throughout 2022.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:56 - Aug 16 with 2564 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 22:47 - Aug 16 by Padulas_Shampoo

Led the line well? What does that mean?

He was constantly second to the ball, won very few headers, doesn’t involve himself in general play and on the odd occasion the ball does land in his feet he is invariably too slow in mind and body to produce anything.

Armstrong was on the pitch for about 25 minutes and had more actual positive impact on the game than Dykes had in several months… maybe the entire calendar year.

Maybe it’s some subtle tactical nuance that a layman couldn’t possibly understand as to what this guy actually contributes because for the life of me I can’t see what damage he does to an opposition.

Exactly , an International striker (stop laughing) put to shame by an 18 year old . Four(4) chances spaffed . We should have been out of sight by HT . The bloke can’t play at this level and as with the full backs we find ourselves with no choice but to play him
Lyndon Dykes on 23:00 - Aug 16 with 2528 viewsgazza1

Sadly, you just cannot see it and you continue to make up stories about LD. You are not the only one on this MB or in the ground sitting around me.

He does not tick one box as far as I am concerned.....and all this rubbish about he works hard is standard stuff that every professional does or should do. Leads the line well....doing exactly what??

He has cost us points once again tonight due to his poor poor play. Bonne must be on his way out of the Club so we can expect to see even more of LD - god help us!!!

I question MB as to why he starts him and not worked harder to get a replacement and get LD out to Wealdstone which is far closer to his level and should score more goals.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:09 - Aug 16 with 2451 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:00 - Aug 16 by gazza1

Sadly, you just cannot see it and you continue to make up stories about LD. You are not the only one on this MB or in the ground sitting around me.

He does not tick one box as far as I am concerned.....and all this rubbish about he works hard is standard stuff that every professional does or should do. Leads the line well....doing exactly what??

He has cost us points once again tonight due to his poor poor play. Bonne must be on his way out of the Club so we can expect to see even more of LD - god help us!!!

I question MB as to why he starts him and not worked harder to get a replacement and get LD out to Wealdstone which is far closer to his level and should score more goals.

After missing 3 very good chances, including 1 sitter, it's hard to be objective but his give + go for his 1st chance was excellent centre forward play (should have found the corner and given the keeper no chance)

Great late flick-on to put Sinclair through for a decent goal-scoring chance,

Tied up two big centre halves and all-around game was decent, but should have scored at least 1, likely 2 of those 1st Half chances and if he does we win the game.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 2422 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:09 - Aug 16 by ParkRoyalR

After missing 3 very good chances, including 1 sitter, it's hard to be objective but his give + go for his 1st chance was excellent centre forward play (should have found the corner and given the keeper no chance)

Great late flick-on to put Sinclair through for a decent goal-scoring chance,

Tied up two big centre halves and all-around game was decent, but should have scored at least 1, likely 2 of those 1st Half chances and if he does we win the game.

All fantasy.......,'tied up two big CB's', 'all round game was decent' - really!!!!

You will be suggesting he deserved a '8' marking for his efforts and all round performance I presume. Anything about a 4/5 mark and the marker hasn't got a clue either.

The chat is that Deing is giving him some proper advice on how to attack the ball and how to get into scoring positions every morning prior to the training sessions start!!!.....not working at the moment but hopefully we should see improvements very soon.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:24]
Lyndon Dykes on 23:32 - Aug 16 with 2383 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:15 - Aug 16 by gazza1

All fantasy.......,'tied up two big CB's', 'all round game was decent' - really!!!!

You will be suggesting he deserved a '8' marking for his efforts and all round performance I presume. Anything about a 4/5 mark and the marker hasn't got a clue either.

The chat is that Deing is giving him some proper advice on how to attack the ball and how to get into scoring positions every morning prior to the training sessions start!!!.....not working at the moment but hopefully we should see improvements very soon.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:24]

So just the two statements of complete fantasy there Gazza, I'll be at Rotherham supporting the team, like I was at Sunderland, best you stay indoors with your half empty glass.»
Lyndon Dykes on 23:35 - Aug 16 with 2350 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:32 - Aug 16 by ParkRoyalR

So just the two statements of complete fantasy there Gazza, I'll be at Rotherham supporting the team, like I was at Sunderland, best you stay indoors with your half empty glass.»

I do not know what you are talking about, not sure that you do either!!!!

[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:38]
Lyndon Dykes on 23:44 - Aug 16 with 2311 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:35 - Aug 16 by gazza1

I do not know what you are talking about, not sure that you do either!!!!

[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:38]

I will not be suggesting Dykes is scored an 8 and Dieng is not coaching anyone to head the ball. Two statements of fantasy.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:46 - Aug 16 with 2306 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 23:44 - Aug 16 by ParkRoyalR

I will not be suggesting Dykes is scored an 8 and Dieng is not coaching anyone to head the ball. Two statements of fantasy.

Cmon , you had to see that they were tongue in cheek remarks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024