Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread 20:20 - Aug 19 with 31349 viewsDorse

Interesting fact: Rotherham's badge depicts the first attempt at an inflatable helicopter, by Herbert Scranus in 1924. He reached a height of 18 feet before feeling airsick and puking his hoop all over the Duchess of Argyle who was guest of honour at the test flight. He was heard to state that the machine functioned as intended but 'his guts were fcuking rotten after 8 pints of mild and a slap up grill at Fatty Amal"s Kebab and Laudenum Emporium' the previous evening.

Sorry, what?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 20:22]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 2401 viewsTHEBUSH

Should have won,their goalkeeper made a couple of excellent saves.

Still we didnt give it away, like we normally do, so am fairly happy with a draw.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 2399 viewsRuislipHoop

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:06 - Aug 20 by Lblock

Truly shameful?

It’s a great recipe we’ve got going…..
Centre forwards who can’t score.
Set pieces where we look vulnerable at one end, clueless at the other (top coaching there)
No legs in the middle
A total lack of leadership
With a generous sprinkling of unfit and injury prone players
Zero financial ability to rectify any of the above

Simmer on gas mark 5 for 90 minutes and serve in league one.

😂
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 2394 viewsRangersw12

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 20 by connell10

Well he is all we have so better get used to it .

Don't worry mate I'm fully aware of the situation
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:10 - Aug 20 with 2383 viewsconnell10

I suppose the one good thing is we are creating chances ....didn't we go through this same thing with Warburton then all of a sudden clicked .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 20 with 2330 viewsconnell10

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 by Rangersw12

Don't worry mate I'm fully aware of the situation

Sorry that made me laugh ....very good answer lol

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 20 with 2304 viewsRangersw12

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:08 - Aug 20 by HAYESBOY

Not Chair, Armstrong or Shodipo missing their chances? Dykes didn't cost us the game.
Lets not make him a scapegoat. Hr runs his socks off for the team. If he was jogging around, then maybe.

We need to finish our chances, which we had enough of to win the game twice.

Two pens not given. Not our day but we need to change that.

Yeah very true

Chair's was probably the worst of the lot

I always think if we score first then we easily win the game which is I mentioned Dykes
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:14 - Aug 20 with 2298 viewsDamo1962

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:02 - Aug 20 by Rangersw12

A bit meh

Dykes costs us again but we did look worse when he went off

God help us then. Do we sell Willock and try and improve the squad? Bit of a conundrum.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 20 with 2226 viewsMatch82

Frustrating, real lack of quality in the final third. Need to be more clinical. But at least we were creating chances I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:21 - Aug 20 with 2137 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Going to be a long season. Averaging one point a game. Thought Ogbene was decent. Chrissy, Chair and Laird our best players. Central midfield a big problem.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:32 - Aug 20 with 1976 viewsEmpireStateRanger

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:10 - Aug 20 by connell10

I suppose the one good thing is we are creating chances ....didn't we go through this same thing with Warburton then all of a sudden clicked .

Mentioned the same on this thread and on Twitter. Feels exactly like early Warbs days. Think it'll eventually click... the talent is clearly there.

1 point out of 6 vs. Blackpool and Rotherham at home is a bit worry, though.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 20 with 1961 viewsBoston

Good day, decent atmosphere, fair performance until we got got into the box. We are two signings away from a top six side.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:36 - Aug 20 with 1923 viewsMedwayR

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 20 by benhurst

If Dykes stays in the starting XI, I think we should be looking to play someone else up top with him. Whether that's Roberts playing further up, Armstrong, or even Bonne, we look a better team with Dykes on the pitch but his finishing hasn't been good enough so far.

I've thought the same all season, we have such little goal threat that we need to get numbers up top. I'd go for a 3-5-2.

Poll: Who’s better?

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:38 - Aug 20 with 1893 viewsManinBlack

Another game of missed chances and penalties not given which has been our story for many a year. Most of the clubs have bigger budgets than us and we have just picked up one point at home from two clubs with even smaller budgets than us. To make me feel worse Reading have won every home game so far.

I guess I have to be patient with the new manager but his cause isn't helped by not having a goal scorer. A big reason for clubs going down is they don't score enough so it might be early but it is troubling not having the money to really do something about it. The newly promoted sides have made decent starts so not clear yet which sides will be scrapping to stay up.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:44 - Aug 20 with 1809 viewsBoston

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:38 - Aug 20 by ManinBlack

Another game of missed chances and penalties not given which has been our story for many a year. Most of the clubs have bigger budgets than us and we have just picked up one point at home from two clubs with even smaller budgets than us. To make me feel worse Reading have won every home game so far.

I guess I have to be patient with the new manager but his cause isn't helped by not having a goal scorer. A big reason for clubs going down is they don't score enough so it might be early but it is troubling not having the money to really do something about it. The newly promoted sides have made decent starts so not clear yet which sides will be scrapping to stay up.

Yes. But we, the manager, the board know the the single biggest playing issue facing this club for the last few (forever), seasons is a trigger puller. If we supply Armstrong the right passes(which we are not doing), he may be the 'man'.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:47]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:48 - Aug 20 with 1770 viewstkqpr

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 20 by Boston

Good day, decent atmosphere, fair performance until we got got into the box. We are two signings away from a top six side.

Taylor Richards to come back into the midfield could well help.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 1764 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 1 Rotherham 1
Let's look on the bright side.
Was this a better performance than in recent matches?
Answer yes - that's apart from our opening 30 or so minutes when we hit 3 goals against Middlesbro.
We dominated and pressed well in the second half with Chair the creator.
Should we have won this game? Yes.
Should we have won against Blackpool last Tuesday. Yes.
What's the reason for not winning then?
Yes we all know the answer.
Simple - we can't score whether it's easy chances or half chances.
We have to rely on Willock to deliver. He shows how it's done.
Two games and two goals. This time he played for 80 minutes on his return.
So what easy chances did we have against Rotherham?
Do you want me to make a list?
OK then - here we go.
Dykes - in the box - unmarked - connects first time but too high and the keeper saves.
A low shot would have reaped a rich reward.
So we should have gone in 2-1 up at HT.
In the second - which we controlled - Chair, a much improved performance - cos Willock was playing - misses a sitter after a defence splitting pass from sub Armstrong.
And there are other chances - not clear but more than half chances - Laird, Shodipo and Armstrong.
We could have won 5-1.
With this eleven that we fielded we are a match for anyone in this division.
Instead we are in the 'great' position of 16th - at least for a few hours - two points clear of the bottom three.
Somehow we have to solve two big problems.
1. How to defend from set-pieces.
The first conceded - yes from another set-piece - when Ogbene scored 12 minutes from HT and again we failed to clear.
2. How do you finish off some creative play by scoring or at least making the keeper work for his salary?
All credit then to Willock - so refreshing with his creativity.
A 1-2 with Chair, holding off a challenge with some good top body strength - a big improvement from last season - and his placement inside the right-hand post to equalise 2 minutes before HT.
What a terrific player. There's Premiership quality about him.
What about the rest.
Laird is really good - not always spot on but considering he's only been on-loan from Man. Utd - for just a few days - then yes definitely impressive.
Paal, playing with a broken nose, seems to be settling well - some good overlaps too.
Dickie and Dunne solid at centre-back.
Even Jojo before he was replaced by Dozzell cos of injury before the hour - looked so much better and Dozzell wasn't too bad.
Field - another good game - Illy and Willy - you know the answer to those two.
And on-loan Roberts is improving as he gets fitter.
As for Dykes - to give him credit. He does work hard - certainly in this match.
His defending was good. Trying to close down the opposition was good.
But and there's the but - and I know his confidence is low - he's paid to score - even just occasionally.
If he had converted his chances against Blackpool last Tuesday and his first half miss against Rotherham we would have taken 6 points from two games instead of just one point.
But as Norf says in his preview - 'it is what it is' quoting from JFH.
This is the team for the season and the back-ups.
This is - it seems - for all the reasons that we know - what Mike Beale has to deal with.
His pedigree is - a great coach.
He now has to improve our very best players to an even higher level - Illy and Willy for starters along with our loans in - and improve our back-ups by an even higher percentage.
2021 was a great year.
Our hopes after so many seasons were raised.
It looked like we had a chance of Premiership football.
But it was not to be.
So we have this team now.
It's not bad when you take into account our regulars and our loanees.
So MB solve our two big problems - don't concede from set-pieces and let's finish off some great creativity - at least by putting away those golden chances inside the box.
If that happens we could have a great season.
And I'm talking about a top 10 finish.
And by the way I'll take a draw at Watford next Saturday.
Am I optimistic - having gone through treacle of these opening games alongside you?
Yes I am.
After all as QPR fans - we just have to keep hoping!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 17:59]
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:01 - Aug 20 with 1647 viewsdigswellhoop

can i have whatever you're on
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:12 - Aug 20 with 1574 viewsDamo1962

Like your reports GB, and admire your optimism, but this squad is going to looking over its shoulder all season. Have we enough to survive? That is MB's job this season.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:21 - Aug 20 with 1506 viewsderbyhoop

We dominated the game, had 16 attempts, with 5 on target. But barely worked their keeper.
We need to be far more clinical up front. Dykes is not a natural finisher, but neither is Armstrong, from what I've seen.
So goals are going to have to come from everywhere and we need to take a higher percentage.

It's worth pointing out that many other teams are looking for a striker, including WBA who scored 5 today. Preston gave scored ONCEin 5 games. 3 other teams gave only got 3.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:35]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:41 - Aug 20 with 1398 viewsjoe90

Only positive from that game was Willock. He was our only player to play with any confidence and belief. Okay, perhaps Roberts too, but that’s it.

More direct play, but struggle in the final third because the fundamental problem remains the same.

It is what it is.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:44 - Aug 20 with 1385 viewsHarbour

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:41 - Aug 20 by joe90

Only positive from that game was Willock. He was our only player to play with any confidence and belief. Okay, perhaps Roberts too, but that’s it.

More direct play, but struggle in the final third because the fundamental problem remains the same.

It is what it is.

The goal conceded reminded me of the Blackpool goal scored at second attempt very poor defending. But if we took the many gilt edge chances we had a different story. Loverly goal from Chris very clever putting where he did.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:45 - Aug 20 with 1382 viewskensalriser

We really dominated the game today and could easily have run out 3-1, we had enough decent chances. It was much better than Tuesday, which in contrast definitely wasn't a game we should have won.

Team was clearly under instruction to move the ball more quickly and we were consequently much more effective at going forward. I'd like to see the defence tighten up some, but I think once Roberts, Willock and Chair properly click we'll be fine - the season will be all about those three. Chair was easily man of the match, hardest working player on the pitch and most of our play went through him.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:46]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 1367 viewsstanistheman

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:34 - Aug 20 by Boston

Agree it wasn't s bad performance and ref missed at least one pen for us, but not with two more signings for top 6.

Firstly there is no money and any loans will come with clauses that they start (Sanderson probably had the same one) and. maybe Beale wants to start with Dykes as I cannot see how a striker like Archer would not usually play instead of him. He scored 7 in 20 apps last season on loan at Preston compared to 9 in 33 (mostly starts).

As for the game he missed 1 chance Chair missed 2 as did Armstrong.
We do need a real striker, but where from?

I think Grabban might still be without a club. Maybe a 1year deal could be offered.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 19:28 - Aug 20 with 1168 viewsParkRoyalR

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:45 - Aug 20 by kensalriser

We really dominated the game today and could easily have run out 3-1, we had enough decent chances. It was much better than Tuesday, which in contrast definitely wasn't a game we should have won.

Team was clearly under instruction to move the ball more quickly and we were consequently much more effective at going forward. I'd like to see the defence tighten up some, but I think once Roberts, Willock and Chair properly click we'll be fine - the season will be all about those three. Chair was easily man of the match, hardest working player on the pitch and most of our play went through him.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:46]

Agree Chair worked hard but I was in line with that sitter and to 'air-shot' that was just unbelievable.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 19:35 - Aug 20 with 1144 viewsmonners1969

Just home lots to like about the performance

willock chair and Roberts really combined well all day
Laird was very good - very fast and what an engine just got the final ball wrong a couple of times

Dykes - god the boy needs a goal - I’m trying to remember that good run he had for us back end of covid season - he’s totally bereft of confidence and doesn’t look like scoring - he works ridiculously hard but is going nowhere - my main gripe with him is his lack of front post runs - never seems to get ahead of his man. But he’s still going to lead the line this season and we better sacrifice a goat or something to get his form back (tofu available for vegans)

Armstrong - Beale is managing him perfectly - he’s good for 20-30 mins and needs games to keep growing - actually think it’s a shame he didn’t get a year playing and trainjng with Austin

Shodipo - like Armstrong he’s good for that last 20-30 mins of games - again that’s only his 29th game for rangers - I think he’s going to score and then blossom this season

Adomah - looked very leggy but still good delivery would like a hybrid between him and mide

Dunne and dickie were decent all day

Paal good going forwards but was caught a few times today

Dieng had very little to do

Field was pretty good and consistent- but he’s a very safe player and actually dozzells intention to play is better just not his execution

I wonder if johansen injury may end up forcing us into a different shape?

Defensive set pieces - is it just me or had the new set piece coach basically decided that the way forward is 11 players in the box - we look haunted every time the ball comes in and no one on the edges of the area to either clear properly or give options to
Stretch the play

I actually enjoyed the game - good atmosphere and the standing boys and girls were in great voice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024