Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... 12:09 - Aug 24 with 7923 viewsstanistheman

... I understand to a point, but Gallen was playing in QPR's 1st team in the Premier League at his age.

I think if QPR can ease Armstrong into games it will be beneficial to keep him. We need to bring in another striker so that he can come on for the last 15 mins of games when we are leading and there is less pressure on the teenager to score.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/gallen-loan-move-might-be-better-for-qpr-you
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:18 - Aug 24 with 5348 viewsSir_Chops

What I don't understand is why he couldn't be found a League Two loan last year. He had a reputation as a promising player back then, too. He could have been a bit further along in his development.

Now all of a sudden we're told clubs are forming a queue. What's changed?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 12:20]
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:27 - Aug 24 with 5284 viewsdanehoop

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:18 - Aug 24 by Sir_Chops

What I don't understand is why he couldn't be found a League Two loan last year. He had a reputation as a promising player back then, too. He could have been a bit further along in his development.

Now all of a sudden we're told clubs are forming a queue. What's changed?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 12:20]

Profile.

Last year he was getting noticed and talked about with a bit of hyping by his agent. There wasn't much actually seen of his play and development however at the start of last season. With games whilst on loan and now getting subs appearance for us he is being picked up by far more scouts. He is a talent and will be interesting to see if the club choose to now keep him close and bring him through the first team squad or just take the Eze/Chair route and try a decent League 1/2 loan until xmas. My suspicion is that will depend on our other striking options next week.

Never knowingly understood

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:28 - Aug 24 with 5285 viewsdaveB

He did say that he thought for Armstrong it would benfit him from going on loan but QPR need him now so he could do well and learn a lot from training with first team players
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 5242 viewsSir_Chops

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:27 - Aug 24 by danehoop

Profile.

Last year he was getting noticed and talked about with a bit of hyping by his agent. There wasn't much actually seen of his play and development however at the start of last season. With games whilst on loan and now getting subs appearance for us he is being picked up by far more scouts. He is a talent and will be interesting to see if the club choose to now keep him close and bring him through the first team squad or just take the Eze/Chair route and try a decent League 1/2 loan until xmas. My suspicion is that will depend on our other striking options next week.

Maybe this is where things started to break down with Warbs, re. the youth - even if Armstrong was nowhere near becoming a first-team regular, if he was making 10 minute cameos a year ago and told to run at defenders, perhaps he'd have got onto those radars and been year further on in his development now.

But that may well be over-simplified by me. Who knows if he'd have been physically ready...
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 5230 viewsStanisgod

Surely Gaz needs a striker 😉😉

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:40 - Aug 24 with 5224 viewsdaveB

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:38 - Aug 24 by Sir_Chops

Maybe this is where things started to break down with Warbs, re. the youth - even if Armstrong was nowhere near becoming a first-team regular, if he was making 10 minute cameos a year ago and told to run at defenders, perhaps he'd have got onto those radars and been year further on in his development now.

But that may well be over-simplified by me. Who knows if he'd have been physically ready...

I can't imagine Armstrong has changed that much over the summer, it is bizarre he never got a place on the bench last season especially when we went into some games without a striker.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 5213 viewsNorthernr

In an ideal world he's currently our fourth/fifth choice striker and he spends the first half of this season smashing it up for Wycombe before coming back for selected appearances second half of the season - as we did with Eze. Unfortunately our strikers are such complete crap that he's basically needed here as second, and borderline first, choice.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:54 - Aug 24 with 5117 viewsWestonsuperR

I’d send Armstrong on loan, needs game time and although he has energy and enthusiasm we are in big trouble if we think he is the answer, surely need an experienced loan player in or risk a potential relegation battle.
Login to get fewer ads

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 5057 viewsfrancisbowles

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:54 - Aug 24 by WestonsuperR

I’d send Armstrong on loan, needs game time and although he has energy and enthusiasm we are in big trouble if we think he is the answer, surely need an experienced loan player in or risk a potential relegation battle.

Well, as it currently stands I just can't see how we can do without him. If Bonn goes and Dykes gets injured, which he probably will, who is going up front?
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:02 - Aug 24 with 5052 viewsbosh67

I don't know if the word 'woke' comes in to play here but I seem to remember we threw Allen and Goddard in at 17/18? and they just managed to get there with enough minutes in the first team. Armstrong is 19. He needs game minutes. I understand Gallen and Beale saying you have to protect the man and the player. Totally get that but if you continually farm youngsters out to get lower league minutes, in some cases, and I think this is one of them, you create a lower league player. It worked for Eze and Chair but I think Armstrong will fly given chances right now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:09 - Aug 24 with 4998 viewsdmm

In an ideal world, I agree with Clive, Armstrong goes out on loan for half or even a full season. It would undoubtedly be the best thing for him.

But we need at least 3 strikers in the squad. If, by the looks of it, Bonne is off to ride his tractor again, we're down to just two strikers and may have to recruit a replacement for Bonne from who knows where. Roberts is supposed to be able to play the striker role, but we've yet to see him play in that position so it's hard to make a judgement.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 4918 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:54 - Aug 24 by WestonsuperR

Great post and I have a simple question can the kid actually shoot and finish like an established striker.All that heart and pace and drive is only half the battle he needs the finish to take that next step.His 20 minutes a game of desperation for us when we are behind is too much pressure and he already feels it IMO.
Let him go until January get games where he can start and play without the whole stadium begging him to score and save us
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:30 - Aug 24 with 4881 viewsDavieQPR

In an ideal world a player who was mainly used as a sub in non league football last season and has never scored a league goal will be the answer to all our striker needs. People should stop building him up to be something he is not yet just because he is big. He needs a loan to improve his technique and finishing.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:41 - Aug 24 with 4817 viewsRs_Holy

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:30 - Aug 24 by DavieQPR

In an ideal world a player who was mainly used as a sub in non league football last season and has never scored a league goal will be the answer to all our striker needs. People should stop building him up to be something he is not yet just because he is big. He needs a loan to improve his technique and finishing.

disagree with this and totally agree with Clive... He's raw, needs to improve first touch and his finishing BUT as an impact sub with 20 minutes to go he is the best we have got. He gets the crowd stoked up, could get oppo defenders booked, gets us free kicks etc.... MB has said we may not get any extra help in the striking department because of FFP. Cant imagine loaning Sinclair is going to free up a load of cash?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 13:43]
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 4760 viewsNorthernr

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:30 - Aug 24 by DavieQPR

I agree with this. I've just got so little faith in the others I can see why perhaps they wouldn't...
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:55 - Aug 24 with 4690 viewsterryb

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:48 - Aug 24 by Northernr

I agree with this. I've just got so little faith in the others I can see why perhaps they wouldn't...

Ideally we would loan him out, but we can't as he is needed in our squad.

I do question though that he could become a natural goalscorer. That is a quality is inborn rather than taught. Of course it could improve, but Allen, Goddard, Gallen etc scored goals for fun at a younger age than Sinclair is at present.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 4661 viewsted_hendrix

He's like watching an egg being fried in the frying pan, It looks bloody lovely frying away but It needs another minute or so before It's ready for consumption.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 4658 viewsozranger

Disagree about a loan. Armstrong is a totally different player to Eze and Chair. He has speed and speed. He lacks skills, a football brain and temperament. Beale clearly understands this. He is special and requires special coaching. It'll take a season, maybe two. He can only be loaned to a team with a coach who has the same brains, patience and knows Armstrong well enough. I cannot see anyone out there who can fulfil those requirements.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:20 - Aug 24 with 4560 viewsdaveB

We can't afford to make the same mistakes we have with Kellman who has had 2 years sitting on other peoples benchs on loan, may as well have stayed with us and got some sub appearances. You'd want him going somewhere he is gonna be first choice and play every week.

I'd keep him here, he already looks our best forward from the brief cameos
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:28 - Aug 24 with 4527 viewsLblock

"but Gallen was playing in QPR's 1st team in the Premier League at his age."

To be fair Kev had ripped it up at Youth level, breaking Jimmy Greaves record in the process IIRC? He was well ahead of where Sincs is at the moment.

As noted we don't have the luxury of giving him a season in League One or Two to learn his trade. We need him!

I do fear open heart surgery will be needed on this squad in the next transfer window as I cannot see this squad getting above 14th at best.... but then I love being wrong.
One thing people do need to realise is that Sincs is 19 years old and fragile emotionally. Pressure is good, but having him as the the new Messiah (and not a very, very naugthy boy) may be counter-productive.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 4469 viewsLandshark

I know that I am going to be shot down for this and I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a decent player in there. He has the power but he just doesn't look comfortable on the ball. I don't see any point persevering with him at Championship level, potentially damaging his confidence. I would rather he went to a League Two team and then re-evaluate in January.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 4429 viewsRs_Holy

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:38 - Aug 24 by Landshark

I know that I am going to be shot down for this and I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a decent player in there. He has the power but he just doesn't look comfortable on the ball. I don't see any point persevering with him at Championship level, potentially damaging his confidence. I would rather he went to a League Two team and then re-evaluate in January.

I Refer the Honourable Gentleman to the Reply I Gave Some Moments Ago ..... 'He's raw, needs to improve first touch and his finishing BUT as an impact sub with 20 minutes to go he is the best we have got'.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:23 - Aug 24 with 4281 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd like a moratorium on calling any young player 'raw', particularly young strikers. It's an extremely over-used term.
I'd also advise doing the thing that is the opposite of what Kevin Gallen thinks.

Bare bones.

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:31 - Aug 24 with 4235 viewsTonto

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:23 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

I'd like a moratorium on calling any young player 'raw', particularly young strikers. It's an extremely over-used term.
I'd also advise doing the thing that is the opposite of what Kevin Gallen thinks.

He has only scored 4 goals in his adult career (I'm not including junior goals for Eire).

If he started scoring goals then his confidence should go up and the sky could be his limit. Whether that's a loan or not, we should take a longer term view IMO.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:42 - Aug 24 with 4208 viewsdannyblue

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:03 - Aug 24 by ted_hendrix

He's like watching an egg being fried in the frying pan, It looks bloody lovely frying away but It needs another minute or so before It's ready for consumption.

...but a minute too much and the yolk goes all solid and dissatisfying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024