Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... 12:09 - Aug 24 with 8084 viewsstanistheman

... I understand to a point, but Gallen was playing in QPR's 1st team in the Premier League at his age.

I think if QPR can ease Armstrong into games it will be beneficial to keep him. We need to bring in another striker so that he can come on for the last 15 mins of games when we are leading and there is less pressure on the teenager to score.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/gallen-loan-move-might-be-better-for-qpr-you
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:43 - Aug 24 with 2546 viewsTheChef

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:38 - Aug 24 by Landshark

I know that I am going to be shot down for this and I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a decent player in there. He has the power but he just doesn't look comfortable on the ball. I don't see any point persevering with him at Championship level, potentially damaging his confidence. I would rather he went to a League Two team and then re-evaluate in January.

Didn't people say something similar about Les in his early days?

Clearly needs a loan to Turkey.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:52 - Aug 24 with 2525 viewslightwaterhoop

Lets not forget that Kev was a much better player than Armstrong at that age not as strong or as fit maybe but a whole lot better as a footballer than anyone outside of the top six in the premier league today.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 16:06 - Aug 24 with 2484 viewsA40Bosh

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:28 - Aug 24 by Lblock

"but Gallen was playing in QPR's 1st team in the Premier League at his age."

To be fair Kev had ripped it up at Youth level, breaking Jimmy Greaves record in the process IIRC? He was well ahead of where Sincs is at the moment.

As noted we don't have the luxury of giving him a season in League One or Two to learn his trade. We need him!

I do fear open heart surgery will be needed on this squad in the next transfer window as I cannot see this squad getting above 14th at best.... but then I love being wrong.
One thing people do need to realise is that Sincs is 19 years old and fragile emotionally. Pressure is good, but having him as the the new Messiah (and not a very, very naugthy boy) may be counter-productive.

LBlock, a couple of things that worry me.

" do fear open heart surgery will be needed on this squad in the next transfer window " - 8 out of the 11 I think who started last Saturday were the core of the team who were initially ripping up the Championship until Jan 2022 last season - I think the rationale being that Beale would bring the rest on and not come in and look at any surgery.

Even if we do need open heart surgery, keeping the analogy going, we cannot afford to go to a BUPA hospital and will therefore likely be on the waiting list for any deadline day bargain surgery slots available to us from the grottiest of NHS hospitals :-)

Also your comment about "19 years old and fragile emotionally." - is that something MB has said or an assumption that because he is only 19 he is fragile?

There used to be a train of thought that youngsters came in to teams and "played with freedom and lack of fear that comes with youth". I would be hoping that with Armstrong and his Clondalkin upbringing ad the big Dub head on him that he would be raring to tear defences a new one - certainly it looked as though he might have killed someone when Beale brought him on against Wealdstone.

Sometimes, you have to gamble and give a youngster the opportunity to sink or swim. Of course he is not the finished article but give him a few starts, Beale and coaches tell him to enjoy it as there are 10 other players around him who firstly have to stop conceding goals and giving away possession who can take the flack away from him within the team.

However, will the crowds give him the opportunity to have a fair crack at a season of a few starts mixed in with subs appearances or will there be cries of "Bring back Dykes" after two games without a win or a goal?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 16:33 - Aug 24 with 2415 viewsBushRanger82

Gallen thought voting Conservative was a good idea.
Look where that's leading us.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 16:34 - Aug 24 with 2415 viewsTacticalR

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:01 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

Well, as it currently stands I just can't see how we can do without him. If Bonn goes and Dykes gets injured, which he probably will, who is going up front?

It's not the first time we've had to deal with the problem of non-striking strikers (Washington and Smith come to mind). One way around it is goals from midfield.

Air hostess clique

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 18:55 - Aug 24 with 2268 viewsLazyFan

Play him, if he's good enough we shall soon find out.

Let's say he's not, we can loan him out in Jan and by then we shall know the level he's really at.

He costs us nothing but has the potential to give all, if he fails, we can loan him in Jan or we develop another asset.

At the very least it will prove to young players that we shall give them a proper go in the first team if they show the promise. There will be no more excuses then about we don't develop young uns if Armstrong gets a proper go.

zzzzzzzzzz

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 08:55 - Aug 25 with 2052 viewsBurnleyhoop

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 14:04 - Aug 24 by ozranger

Disagree about a loan. Armstrong is a totally different player to Eze and Chair. He has speed and speed. He lacks skills, a football brain and temperament. Beale clearly understands this. He is special and requires special coaching. It'll take a season, maybe two. He can only be loaned to a team with a coach who has the same brains, patience and knows Armstrong well enough. I cannot see anyone out there who can fulfil those requirements.

Beale is the key here. As a coach who specifically looks after the strikers, he could not be in better hands. Sending him out to a lower league team that just wants to flog him to death could be counterproductive. Beale will work on his technical limitations and attitude far more than a lower league coach who just wants a big bruiser up front to knock defenders about.

He needs to be given the time to develop at his own club with players that he trains with every day and knows it is where he belongs.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 1852 viewsgazza1

Tough call for the Manager but don't forget that Armstrong has a key decision to make as well.....we may need him here to play first team football for us so to loan him is not a good idea.
Login to get fewer ads

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 12:42 - Aug 25 with 1770 viewscheesy

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 13:02 - Aug 24 by bosh67

I don't know if the word 'woke' comes in to play here but I seem to remember we threw Allen and Goddard in at 17/18? and they just managed to get there with enough minutes in the first team. Armstrong is 19. He needs game minutes. I understand Gallen and Beale saying you have to protect the man and the player. Totally get that but if you continually farm youngsters out to get lower league minutes, in some cases, and I think this is one of them, you create a lower league player. It worked for Eze and Chair but I think Armstrong will fly given chances right now.

I mostly agree with this, but social media was not about when Allen & Goddard were given their chance. If Armstrong was given the chance and did not score for 10 games, he would get pelters on social media and his career could easily go the same way as Lumley, Scowan and the way Dykes career is going.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 20:11 - Aug 25 with 1606 viewsSheffieldHoop

LFW. The only place where modern-day QPR legends like Gallen & Austin are routinely disregarded as old know nothing cnts who took the club for a ride.

Meanwhile, if you look further up the site, apparently, Samuel Di Carmine was actually a decent player for us.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 22:17 - Aug 25 with 1473 viewsStanisgod

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 20:11 - Aug 25 by SheffieldHoop

LFW. The only place where modern-day QPR legends like Gallen & Austin are routinely disregarded as old know nothing cnts who took the club for a ride.

Meanwhile, if you look further up the site, apparently, Samuel Di Carmine was actually a decent player for us.

Good post, I also wondered WTF Kev voting Con had to do with anything as well 🙄

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 00:13 - Aug 26 with 1360 viewsBenny_the_Ball

At the moment the options are so limited up front that QPR simply can't loan him out. If QPR manage to bring someone in before the window shuts then loaning Armstrong out could be an option.

Gallen is perhaps mindful that whilst he was introduced to the first team in the Premier League, he had Les alongside to guide him. Once Les left, Gallen's form dipped and QPR were relegated. This is not a criticism of Kevin per se, more a warning against relying on someone young and raw to be your talisman.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 00:56 - Aug 26 with 1347 viewsJigsore

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 20:11 - Aug 25 by SheffieldHoop

because it's absolutely impossible to seperate a modern day club legend from someone who also talks out of their arsehole

surely two of the only people left on this earth with the NFT apes left as their profile pictures. Brainiacs right there.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 05:20 - Aug 26 with 1304 viewsnumptydumpty

Gallen is entitled to an opinion.

Beale been making noises about Sinclair learning from being around championship level players, but with the five sub option, currently he is one of the first names off the bench as an impact player.

Gallen was an out and out goal scorer, is that ever going to be where Sinclair could be. Don't think anyone knows that as yet.

Progression is entirely possible but the question is , would that be best with us first.

Or are we bereft of options up front, we already want him as our player from the off.

With the lack of trust it seems in Bonne, Dykes not quite there yet, currently the squad it seems needs Sinclair with us.

We have few days left of the window, even if we manage get couple more in, it seems increasingly likely Sinclair will be with us.

I personally think Bonne more likely to be loaned out than Armstrong..

I can't see us getting Cameron Archer ie been too many rumours. Would have happened by now but with five subs think no brainer we keep him.

Three subs and yes could see loan being beneficial for the player but perhaps it's more needs must for the club and along with Bonne, perhaps Thomas too not seen as necessary. Albert perhaps also on the wane..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 08:14 - Aug 26 with 1190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's be fair, Gallen was a superb player at his age.

He was also made to wait what many considered a year too long before Francis introduced him. He had a great hold-up game so even if he never scored he fitted into the team almost immediately. He also had an experienced, settled and talented team around him to guide him. And yet, despite all of this, he did have his struggles, as all young players will.

He's worth listening to on this one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 08:43 - Aug 26 with 1160 viewsGroveR

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 15:52 - Aug 24 by lightwaterhoop

Lets not forget that Kev was a much better player than Armstrong at that age not as strong or as fit maybe but a whole lot better as a footballer than anyone outside of the top six in the premier league today.

I played against Kevin at school level and from about 15 he was built like a big Tyrone ox and impossible to move off the ball. Absolutely agree he was a fantastic footballer, but he was physically able for men's football at 17.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 09:00 - Aug 26 with 1112 viewsNorthernr

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 08:43 - Aug 26 by GroveR

I played against Kevin at school level and from about 15 he was built like a big Tyrone ox and impossible to move off the ball. Absolutely agree he was a fantastic footballer, but he was physically able for men's football at 17.

Armstrong certainly has physicality on his side.

It's not really a fair comparison though. Gallen was one of the best 18 yos in Europe when he came through here. Unreal player at that age.
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 1012 viewsGroveR

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 09:00 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Armstrong certainly has physicality on his side.

It's not really a fair comparison though. Gallen was one of the best 18 yos in Europe when he came through here. Unreal player at that age.

Armstrong seems to have that physicality with blistering pace, which in fairness to Gallen, he never had although his anticipation, positioning and awareness made up for.

Still, Big Dom Iorfa was one of the fastest strikers we've had and the less said about that...
Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 10:31 - Aug 26 with 1008 viewsNorthernr

Gallen thinks QPR should loan out Armstrong... on 10:28 - Aug 26 by GroveR

Armstrong seems to have that physicality with blistering pace, which in fairness to Gallen, he never had although his anticipation, positioning and awareness made up for.

Still, Big Dom Iorfa was one of the fastest strikers we've had and the less said about that...

Running very, very, very quickly into an offside position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024