Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford manager sacked 12:53 - Sep 26 with 3820 viewsAberystwythR

5th manager in a year..
Watford manager sacked on 13:05 - Sep 26 with 3713 viewsJuzzie

Yeah, 'cos 2 points off the play-off places after 10 games is obviously a sackable offence.

Basket case.
Watford manager sacked on 13:06 - Sep 26 with 3703 viewsR_from_afar

Wow! It brings a whole new meaning to "manager of the month"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Watford manager sacked on 13:11 - Sep 26 with 3670 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Their fans must be sick of it. 17 managers in just 9 years is ridiculous and no way to grow the club.
We look like an extremely stable, well run club and dare I say boring in comparison, thank God.
Watford manager sacked on 13:16 - Sep 26 with 3632 viewskensalriser

Goodness, is that the time already?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watford manager sacked on 13:18 - Sep 26 with 3617 viewsSnipper

I’m surprised it took them this long. He was in danger of growing moss.
Watford manager sacked on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 3581 viewsPunteR

Watford manager sacked on 13:11 - Sep 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Their fans must be sick of it. 17 managers in just 9 years is ridiculous and no way to grow the club.
We look like an extremely stable, well run club and dare I say boring in comparison, thank God.

Except in that time they've been in the Premier league 6 seasons out of 8.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Watford manager sacked on 13:29 - Sep 26 with 3535 viewsaston_hoop

16 minutes later Slaven Bilic is appointed. Pretty sure it'll be my turn soon

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watford manager sacked on 13:38 - Sep 26 with 3494 viewsRs_Holy

Watford manager sacked on 13:29 - Sep 26 by aston_hoop

16 minutes later Slaven Bilic is appointed. Pretty sure it'll be my turn soon

its a model that simply shouldn't work and yet they have spent a fair chunk of recent seasons in the Prem.... funny old game
Login to get fewer ads

Watford manager sacked on 13:40 - Sep 26 with 3487 viewsaston_hoop

Watford manager sacked on 13:38 - Sep 26 by Rs_Holy

its a model that simply shouldn't work and yet they have spent a fair chunk of recent seasons in the Prem.... funny old game

I'm sure it only works because they chuck a lot of money at signings who are too good for the Championship and can afford to do so with the Pozzo's network of clubs. The reason they keep coming back down is that nobody is ever given the chance to build something.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watford manager sacked on 13:49 - Sep 26 with 3445 viewsTacticalR

@AberystwythR '5th manager in a year...'

We are also on our 5th Secretary of State for Education in a year. Definitely now part of the gig economy.

Air hostess clique

Watford manager sacked on 14:09 - Sep 26 with 3336 viewshantssi

From the Watford Observer in June!
https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20206210.duxbury-optimistic-watfords-fut
Watford manager sacked on 14:22 - Sep 26 with 3282 viewshubble

Forest Green must love Watford. Nicked their manager, then sack him a few months later.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Watford manager sacked on 14:25 - Sep 26 with 3272 viewsbosh67

Slaven Bilic appointed. That does sound a bit more like what they should have done in the first place. Apparently Billic has said he isn't busy until the weekend so that will be him leaving by mutual consent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Watford manager sacked on 15:41 - Sep 26 with 3009 viewsderbyhoop

Watford manager sacked on 13:49 - Sep 26 by TacticalR

@AberystwythR '5th manager in a year...'

We are also on our 5th Secretary of State for Education in a year. Definitely now part of the gig economy.

And there's babies less than a month old who've lived through
2 monarchs
2 Prime Ministers
2 Chelsea managers

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Watford manager sacked on 15:43 - Sep 26 with 3007 viewsLanhoop

So Bilic has now been manager at West Ham, West Brom and Watford. Just needs Wolves, Wigan, Wycombe and Walsall to complete the set.
Watford manager sacked on 15:45 - Sep 26 with 2997 viewsswitchingcode

Watford manager sacked on 14:09 - Sep 26 by hantssi

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20206210.duxbury-optimistic-watfords-fut

What are the consequences for Duxbury now looks a complete mug
Watford manager sacked on 16:10 - Sep 26 with 2878 viewsterryb

Watford manager sacked on 14:22 - Sep 26 by hubble

Forest Green must love Watford. Nicked their manager, then sack him a few months later.

And they're doing well at the foot of Division One.

Watford appointing Edwards seems to have worked wonders at both clubs!
Watford manager sacked on 16:17 - Sep 26 with 2846 viewsslmrstid

There's a bit of the Brian Talbot and Rushden & Diamonds around Rob Edwards for me...doing well at Forest Green when you've got way more resources available than the rest of the division doth not a great manager make.

That said, sacking someone after 11 games is of course utter madness, but depressingly because of the finances Watford have they could well end up toward the top of the table come the end of the year.

(And perhaps thats why Rob Edwards went there, having more resources than most of the rest of the league etc, as well as obviously being a much bigger club...)
Watford manager sacked on 16:28 - Sep 26 with 2805 viewsthemodfather

horrible club with no fans, sadly Bilic may do a fair job there.
Watford manager sacked on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 2675 viewsEastR

just goes to prove, the grass is not always Forest Greener....

coat!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Watford manager sacked on 17:28 - Sep 27 with 1993 viewsLordPork

I've mixed emotions over this.
I guess like many R's we have friends and relatives who are Watford supporters, - personally my son in law and neighbour are.

Over the years I've lived near the ground ( a grim experience ) and seen them grow under Taylor, The Prem, various stuffings by them at Loftus Road, the whole 9 yards.

I was at Vicarage Road the other week and no one celebrated more than me for sure.

Despite this there's a bit of me that feels sorry, not for WFC but for their fans. I too recognise they've spent a fair time in the Prem out of the last 10 years but that's no way to run a football club, fans deserve a better deal than that don't they?

On the upside, that mantle we had some 10 years ago of being a "joke club" has long had it's baton passed, first to Derby FC and now Waford, or maybe they share it between them. Whoever has it, my guess is they'll be passing it on to Nottingham Forest any time soon.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 15:21]
Watford manager sacked on 06:52 - Sep 28 with 1761 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Watford manager sacked on 15:41 - Sep 26 by derbyhoop

And there's babies less than a month old who've lived through
2 monarchs
2 Prime Ministers
2 Chelsea managers

Difficult time for them.

Heartening to think Harry Maguire's two games is the only constant in their young lives.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Watford manager sacked on 10:09 - Sep 28 with 1624 viewsTheChef

Watford manager sacked on 14:25 - Sep 26 by bosh67

Slaven Bilic appointed. That does sound a bit more like what they should have done in the first place. Apparently Billic has said he isn't busy until the weekend so that will be him leaving by mutual consent.

Yeah sounds like that - I assume he wasn't available in the summer though?

Watford mate of mine is fairly fed up with it now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Watford manager sacked on 11:59 - Sep 28 with 1507 viewsdigswellhoop

my mate is a Watford fan they expect 2 a year
Watford manager sacked on 14:45 - Sep 28 with 1386 viewsE17hoop

Watford manager sacked on 14:09 - Sep 26 by hantssi

“In Rob Edwards, we have appointed a manager we all totally believe in, and a manager who will lead and drive that change.

"We will be supporting Rob Edwards come hell or high water. We believe that he will deliver what we all want — sustained and successful Premier League football.”

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024