Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109274 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 with 2226 viewshubble

Mick Beale on 11:56 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

15 games, Ted.

I get the rest, but 15 games? And he's off chatting to another club?

Not for me. I think it's shocking behaviour, being totally honest.

"off chatting to another club?"

Come on Brian, you're focusing on the wrong target here: it was Wolves who attempted to poach our manager - a disgraceful move IMO - and Mick - again IMO - has handled it extremely deftly, not least, putting out an excellent starting XI last night, including giving Sinclair Armstrong his first start. That shows impressive focus and dedication amidst the furore, as far as I'm concerned. So give him a break and save your ire for those black country bastards.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 with 2226 viewsGalileo

Let’s hope common sense prevails.
Keep us in the top 6 or even manage to reach the PL and his stock soars.

If the rumours are true then I can relax, this story has been eating away at me for the last 48 hours.
Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 with 2219 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 11:47 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

He gets no kudos at all for this imo. Turned them down? He shouldn't even have spoken to them.

I understand the sentiment but if he stays then I suggest we focus on the positive. Our team is currently top of the league with a real opportunity to do something special this season. It would be a shame to jeopardise a happy marriage because of a little flirting.
Mick Beale on 12:03 - Oct 20 with 2150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

I understand the sentiment but if he stays then I suggest we focus on the positive. Our team is currently top of the league with a real opportunity to do something special this season. It would be a shame to jeopardise a happy marriage because of a little flirting.

Absolutely. And a nice analogy, too!

He'll get my support 100%.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 12:04 - Oct 20 with 2099 viewsted_hendrix

Mick Beale on 11:56 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

15 games, Ted.

I get the rest, but 15 games? And he's off chatting to another club?

Not for me. I think it's shocking behaviour, being totally honest.

He's been called a KHUNT on this thread, he's been called slimy on this thread, totally uncalled for and badly-badly out of order.
You me and nobody else know's what has been going on behind the scenes.
I'll leave It there happy in the knowlege that he's still our Manager.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mick Beale on 12:05 - Oct 20 with 2061 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 11:48 - Oct 20 by Lblock

IF the "turned down Wolves" line is true then I need to know is it
a) Turned down the opportunity to talk to them
OR
b) Spoke with them and didn't like the offer, set up and what the owners there were after

The two are MASSIVELY different and if it's a) then huge respect but, if it's b)... then he's dead to me and will pull the rip cord once some other bitch with bigger tits shows the cleavage.

I really wouldn't be vicious to him though (despite my above comment) as cash is king and once the one you want comes along you gotta grab it or the carousel may never stop in front of you in the future.

That is an important distinction. According to the man himself as of yesterday no approach had been made to either him or the club. Unless talks took place this morning, then it's likely to be the former.

Anyway, it's immaterial now. The man's staying and we march on!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 12:20]
Mick Beale on 12:05 - Oct 20 with 2058 viewsSpanishranger

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

This. If he stays as rumours are now suggesting then..................
" It would be a shame to jeopardise a happy marriage because of a little flirting."
Mick Beale on 12:06 - Oct 20 with 2028 viewsslmrstid

If he is staying then I think its great for us. As long as its not a case of a circus everytime a Premiership club sacks a manager, then it becomes a bit chaotic.

Above anything, I really feared a manager change could risk derailing our season so if we can kick on from here then happy days.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 12:06 - Oct 20 with 2018 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 10:46 - Oct 20 by swisscottage

Some people on this thread really need to get a grip and a sense of reality.

Whether Beale stays or goes, is down to whether he believes the Wolves job is something that's right for him at this point in his career.

He's never hidden the fact he's ambitious and wants to manage in the Premier league and in top leagues abroad. Likewise he's always considered his options carefully throughout his career and he's not certain to go. But why on earth should he just dismiss it out of hand? Anyone in their right mind in his position would consider the role. We employed him knowing this.

Loyalty has nothing to do with it. Just ask Barbet, Warburton, Clint Hill, and many others that this club as let go when they've had no further use for them.

Wolves:
Bottom f the Premier league
Team market value 347mil
Avg Gate: about 30k

QPR
Top of the Championship
Team Market Value 40mil
Avg Gate 14k

In reality, if he believes he has what it takes to turn Wolves around, and he feels he's ready and equipped to manage a group of highly paid players who have more of the power than championship players, if he's worth his salt he'd take the job, because with his self belief he'd be confident he'd be managing them in the Premiership next year.

If however he feels he not quite ready to manage a team at that level yet, and that he needs to spend a little more time on our little project, then I'm sure he will stay.

Similarly those having a go at Les and Hoos, are also frickin clueless numb nuts :). But I get it, when things aren't going well in the world, and our lives are beset by problems some people just get on with it, and small minded bitter people just look for people to blame as if its genuinely going to make their lives better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 10:47]

After 3 months and 15 games....mmmm OK.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 12:07 - Oct 20 with 1982 viewsOldPedro

According to WLS he did have contact with Wolves

"Beale, whose Rangers side are top of the Championship, had brief contact with the Premier League club on Thursday after Wolves made an official approach to speak to him."
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 12:12]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 1938 viewsToast_R

Oh well, well done Mick, you know it makes sense!

To those who have issue over him talking to Wolves. In the words of Prince Andrew... he went in person because he's just too honourable and that's just the way it is...
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 12:09]
Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 1936 viewsrrrspricey

TS news just sad MB turned down Wolves job!
Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 12:04 - Oct 20 by ted_hendrix

He's been called a KHUNT on this thread, he's been called slimy on this thread, totally uncalled for and badly-badly out of order.
You me and nobody else know's what has been going on behind the scenes.
I'll leave It there happy in the knowlege that he's still our Manager.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sound, Ted.
Just to be clear, it wasn't me calling him those names.
Anyway, I agree with Benny and you - we all move on now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsGloryHunter

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12725391/mick-beale-qpr-head-coach

Nothing about Mick not talking to them
Mick Beale on 12:10 - Oct 20 with 1907 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 by rrrspricey

TS news just sad MB turned down Wolves job!

I'm not sad!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 12:26]
Mick Beale on 12:10 - Oct 20 with 1876 viewstraininvain

Mick Beale on 12:01 - Oct 20 by hubble

"off chatting to another club?"

Come on Brian, you're focusing on the wrong target here: it was Wolves who attempted to poach our manager - a disgraceful move IMO - and Mick - again IMO - has handled it extremely deftly, not least, putting out an excellent starting XI last night, including giving Sinclair Armstrong his first start. That shows impressive focus and dedication amidst the furore, as far as I'm concerned. So give him a break and save your ire for those black country bastards.

Exactly. Taking him at face value, Beale turned his phone off yesterday and got on with the job. He’s taken time to consider the situation and decided to stay. Not sure we can expect much more than that.
Mick Beale on 12:12 - Oct 20 with 1831 viewsted_hendrix

Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Sound, Ted.

*Just to be clear, it wasn't me calling him those names.*

I know that.

I'm now thinking Wigan Saturday.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mick Beale on 12:13 - Oct 20 with 1815 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 12:00 - Oct 20 by LongsufferingR

...and as far as speculation is concerned, how about this? Maybe he knew all along he wouldn't be interested in Wolves but has used the whole saga as a) an example to his players what could happen to them if they play well and b) to use turning the opportunity down as a further motivational tool for Saturday and the rest of the season.

We just don't know, but it could well work in our favour.

I think more likely it's got his name out there for jobs he might want such as Leicester.
I wouldn't get too attached to him, he won't be here long term
Mick Beale on 12:15 - Oct 20 with 1771 viewsAirtomoreira

Delighted of course that he's staying, but what will his reaction be if Villa sack Gerrard and they come a'knocking. Might be a very different response then?
Mick Beale on 12:16 - Oct 20 with 1760 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 12:09 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Sound, Ted.

I said if he had left us for Wolves after 3 months and 15 games he was in my opinion a Kunt , he didn't so he ain't....we move on. U R sssss.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 12:16 - Oct 20 with 1754 viewsSakura

Great news!! Was a question of his integrity in staying. Clarke Salter, Iroegbunam and even Paal made big career decisions and went with him over other options. For him to have left after 15 games for a job at Wolves would have been a warning sign for players signing for him in future and a lack of respect for players like them that helped him get this offer

Instead another massive positive tick against his name and signs are we are on course for a very good season!!
Mick Beale on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 1710 viewsaston_hoop

Hopefully just put all this to bed and move on. As long as we're doing well, this isn't going to be the last time this happens so long may it continue. But the decision he has made is that he is staying, he wants to manage QPR more than any other options he has and I look forward to us all continuing to get behind him. Calling people out because they may or may not have talked to someone, without knowing the contents or not of this, or for a 2 minute interview where he clearly doesn't want to say anything other than about his current job feels a little strange to me.

Big up Les, Lee and also Andy Belk for identifying and hiring this guy. Enjoy it people, we're the club others in the division are envious of now. The one that bigger clubs with more money look at and wonder why they can't make signings and appointments like we can. Its not often we get to be that.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mick Beale on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 1706 viewsEalingHoop81

Was thinking more Leeds and Villa. Leicester is interesting - but aren’t they completely skint? Can they afford to pay Rogers off? He’s a decent manager and I would hope he would turn it around there.

He’s going to go into do big things in football, but I don’t think it does him any harm in not walking out on us. That personal investment in players means nothing if you just walk away and showing loyalty to your players will, in the longer term, provide better return back. I would hope we’ll have him this year and perhaps next if he gets us promoted. Bit doubt he’ll be our manager in 12-15 months time in any case. But that’s fine. Waking after 3 months would have left a very sour taste.
Mick Beale on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 1704 viewsjoe90

This drama with Beale is all part of the absolute madness that is supporting QPR. You know you love it!!!!

Top of the bloody league!!! You R'ssss!!!! Probably lose to Wigan on Saturday
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:01]
Mick Beale on 12:21 - Oct 20 with 1644 viewsMrSheen

Set aside the distraction to prepare his remodelled team for a win that took them top of the league. Swiftly tuned down an offer the next day to multiply his money to stay with a ramshackle chaos machine because they gave him the opportunity he wanted. I like his type of “disgraceful” behaviour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024