Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109270 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 05:11 - Oct 20 with 3967 viewsWesty75

Mick Beale on 03:10 - Oct 20 by lightwaterhoop

Lots of managers have been top of the championship over the years.Beale is the first one who seems to believe he is Gods gift to football.Where he gets that from i have no idea its almost beyond belief.Yes he has done a great job for us but its still early stages and he has much to learn.He is even looking for another job before he has started at Wolves,saying he wants to manage in Europe and undermining the manager at Glasgow Rangers.

Indeed. Maybe he won’t go but having just watched the post match interview I think we’re seeing another side of his character which I suspect is pretty shameless ambition without much care for any club he’s at or the players that he’s managed and particularly those new ones he’s persuaded to come to the club.

I know it’s naive to expect much in the way of loyalty these days but it seems Beale just has a hell of a lot less than many/most others. I think the vast majority of managers given their first shot at management in this position, even if sorely tempted would hold it down, say “I’m flattered by the attention but we’ve got a good thing going here” and stick this out for the season at least.

He was an unknown quantity before he came here and watching that clip you can see the excitement in his eyes at the prospect of managing in the premier league so soon, he’s buzzing. If he goes I’ll be angry but sad above all - wouldn’t be the man we thought he was.

To say that he “hasn’t heard anything” is just bottling the question, and just feels very disrespectful. F*ck off really.
Mick Beale on 06:23 - Oct 20 with 3763 viewsitsbiga

Just watched the interview. My hunch is he’s gone
Already.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Mick Beale on 06:25 - Oct 20 with 3756 viewskropotkin41

Anyway, here's some Taoist wisdom:

There was once a farmer in ancient China who owned a horse. “You are so lucky!” his neighbours told him, “to have a horse to pull the cart for you.” “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

One day he didn’t latch the gate properly and the horse ran away. “Oh no! That is terrible news!” his neighbours cried. “Such bad luck!” “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

A few days later the horse returned, bringing with it six wild horses. “How fantastic! You are so lucky,” his neighbours told him. “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The following week the farmer’s son was breaking-in one of the wild horses when it threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. “Oh no!” the neighbours cried. “Such bad luck, all over again!” “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next day soldiers came and took away all the young men to fight in the army. The farmer’s son was left behind. “You are so lucky!” his neighbours cried. “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

.....But, yes, what a pile of the proverbial this Beale thing is. And, yes, football is gone.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mick Beale on 07:18 - Oct 20 with 3544 views100percent

A big 24 hours it will be indeed.
personally, and obviously I'm seeing this through QPR tinted glasses, why would Mick Beale leave us, top of the league, young exciting players all willing to play exactly the style he asks of them and being given a strong level of support from the board? for....
Wolves, a team who will at best just about stay up, a stale bunch of cynical, mercenary players, totally underachieving, with a board that will just about back the manager in minor changes rather than give him the total overhaul the side they need?
I don't accept that the wage is the difference, I think that would be short sighted of Beale.
What's more impressive for brand Beale? taking a young, exciting squad of players up to the premiership on a shoe string budget or keeping a bunch of misfit mercenary players in the premiership who are all looking for jobs elsewhere? (Neves etc)
If he gets us promoted in the present circumstances he will be able to name his price with us and big clubs next season.... Jump now and it feels very Neil Clement.
See the job out Mick and look at the bigger picture......
Mick Beale on 07:38 - Oct 20 with 3401 viewsHAYESBOY

Seen all the interviews and footage of Mick Beale post game and i just don't get the feeling like some that it's a done deal already.
Could be wrong but I have hope that he will stay.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale on 07:43 - Oct 20 with 3346 viewsWestbourneR

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 by PunteR

He's flirting.
He might as well of seductively unzipped his tracksuit jacket to reveal his man boob cleavage .

Eurgh.
I hate football sometimes.

Come on. The club would happily sack him if it wasn't going well, why the hell shouldn't he take a job at a big Prem club like Wolves? It's up to him.

People talking about betrayal and loyalty need to stop being silly. It's a job.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mick Beale on 07:51 - Oct 20 with 3270 viewsBerkoRanger

Mick Beale on 07:38 - Oct 20 by HAYESBOY

Seen all the interviews and footage of Mick Beale post game and i just don't get the feeling like some that it's a done deal already.
Could be wrong but I have hope that he will stay.

I agree.
Mick Beale on 07:56 - Oct 20 with 3234 viewsdistortR

Mick Beale on 07:43 - Oct 20 by WestbourneR

Come on. The club would happily sack him if it wasn't going well, why the hell shouldn't he take a job at a big Prem club like Wolves? It's up to him.

People talking about betrayal and loyalty need to stop being silly. It's a job.

'it's a job'.
Well, it is, and it isn't, and he'll know that, which is why he does have a decision to make.
The loyalty and passion of the fans, the personal investment in all ways into a football club, the adoration that can be had, make it quite a singular job.
And then there's the fact that he's enticed players to come to QPR and to play for him and the club, and boy, are they responding. Some of them will have uprooted their families because a couple of months ago he convinced them to come to Rangers.
And yeah, it's a two way street,and the fans, and the club, can turn on you, but then maybe that's why he should stay when the goings good. Top of the league with a team of talented individuals who are clearly listening to you, enjoy it while it lasts.
So do the right thing, Mick.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 08:03 - Oct 20 with 3162 viewsTheChef

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-beale-says-hed-have-to-weigh-up-eve

This bit is key for me:

“But it has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club. And they’d have to give me a really clear understanding of where that club’s going."

In terms of football logic, money aside, why ditch a great opportunity with a QPR side going places, for a Wolves side that is currently below average at best?

Come on Mick, do the right thing!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale on 08:33 - Oct 20 with 2943 viewsstevec

To be fair, we’ve managed to destroy quite a few managers careers at our place, I’m not sure I feel comfortable getting high and mighty now about the loyalty thing.

I like his ambition, I hope he decides to stay with us, but if he goes I get it and wish him the very best.
Mick Beale on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 2944 viewshorshamHoop

I have not read the whole thread, so this point may have already been made but I am really surprised that his contract does not have a timeframe for the "escape" clause for situations exactly like this.

Of course he is ambitious and would want out if the right offer came along but he should commit to a season here first and that should be in his contract - minimum stay 1 season.
Mick Beale on 08:47 - Oct 20 with 2788 viewsenfieldargh

Lives in brum area lives in a hotel by Heathrow

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Mick Beale on 08:54 - Oct 20 with 2672 viewsericgen34

After watching the interviews, I think he will stay.

I think he's intelligently weighing the options, who wouldn't, with the added bonus that this uncertainty gives him a few advantages:
- installs a motivational dialogue with the players: "If you want me to stay, show me on the pitch, show me I should stay here with you", which would explain last night's great performance, or something along the line that "all that interest shows that we're on the right track, and carry on like this and you will get that interest too". After all, he has always been saying it is all about the players
- if we are very keen for him to stay then he could maybe have other demands, increase his promotion bonus for example, get some promises for january (eg no sale)

I certainly don't think there is any disrespect of the club
Mick Beale on 08:55 - Oct 20 with 2666 viewsslmrstid

I don't buy into the "more money = must move" thing. Not at this level of seniority. As someone else has alluded to already on this thread, its not as if he's in an entry level position going nowhere where you might as well move to another job that is the same but paying more money.

This is a career and when you get to certain levels there's more that should come into it.

I changed jobs last September and it was a upwards career move. Now I accept if it hadn't have worked out in the first few months they'd have got rid of me - but I get a lot of recruiters contact me on LinkedIn flogging other roles, some of which are (supposedly, I don't always believe recruiters) offering more money than I get paid - but this company I'm at gave me the chance to move to a higher level and I owe them that for now and it would reflect awfully on me, and my long term career, if I ditched it after a short period of time to go somewhere else fluttering eyelashes at me. As someone else said, beware of people who look flighty.

And I get paid a hell of a lot less than a football manager!

Is a Premier League club more prestigious right now than QPR? Maybe, but five months into his first role he should be feeling he owes QPR more than that right now - we proved with Mark Warburton we will stick with managers that go through rough patches so we wouldn't necessarily ditch him on a bad run unless things were disastrously going wrong. Will Wolves do the same? Could do a lot of damage to his career if it doesn't work.

And my last point, regarding the release clause, I don't think people understand how these work. A release clause is meant to reflect the cost of buying someone out of the remainder of their contract and the payroll cost of that - if you put an enormous release clause into someone's contract then you will end up having to pay them a higher salary to reflect that. And that would no doubt make some complain if we had a manager on an enormous wedge! This isn't like Football Manager where you can put massive release clauses into your player contracts so that you get a big transfer fee for them if you have to accept an offer - you will have to pay them significantly more money in real life to get them to sign that contract.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 8:58]
Mick Beale on 09:37 - Oct 20 with 2323 viewsCamberleyR

I get serious Terry Venables vibes from him so if he did leave I think I'd be as pissed off as I was when TV left for Barcelona after leading us to fifth first season after promotion (and we weren't that far off contention for the title don't forget) although that was and is one of the biggest jobs in club football so you could perhaps understand it back then. Wolves aren't.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mick Beale on 09:38 - Oct 20 with 2301 viewsBerkoRanger

Mick Beale on 08:47 - Oct 20 by enfieldargh

Lives in brum area lives in a hotel by Heathrow

So why don't the owners buy a £m house in this area, lease it rent free to Michael and family, with a clause in his contract that gifts it to them if he stays till at least the end of this season.
Simples.
Mick Beale on 09:46 - Oct 20 with 2163 viewsTonto

Mick Beale on 09:38 - Oct 20 by BerkoRanger

So why don't the owners buy a £m house in this area, lease it rent free to Michael and family, with a clause in his contract that gifts it to them if he stays till at least the end of this season.
Simples.

not with current mortgage rates

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Mick Beale on 09:47 - Oct 20 with 2139 viewsNorthantsHoop

Mick Beale on 08:55 - Oct 20 by slmrstid

I don't buy into the "more money = must move" thing. Not at this level of seniority. As someone else has alluded to already on this thread, its not as if he's in an entry level position going nowhere where you might as well move to another job that is the same but paying more money.

This is a career and when you get to certain levels there's more that should come into it.

I changed jobs last September and it was a upwards career move. Now I accept if it hadn't have worked out in the first few months they'd have got rid of me - but I get a lot of recruiters contact me on LinkedIn flogging other roles, some of which are (supposedly, I don't always believe recruiters) offering more money than I get paid - but this company I'm at gave me the chance to move to a higher level and I owe them that for now and it would reflect awfully on me, and my long term career, if I ditched it after a short period of time to go somewhere else fluttering eyelashes at me. As someone else said, beware of people who look flighty.

And I get paid a hell of a lot less than a football manager!

Is a Premier League club more prestigious right now than QPR? Maybe, but five months into his first role he should be feeling he owes QPR more than that right now - we proved with Mark Warburton we will stick with managers that go through rough patches so we wouldn't necessarily ditch him on a bad run unless things were disastrously going wrong. Will Wolves do the same? Could do a lot of damage to his career if it doesn't work.

And my last point, regarding the release clause, I don't think people understand how these work. A release clause is meant to reflect the cost of buying someone out of the remainder of their contract and the payroll cost of that - if you put an enormous release clause into someone's contract then you will end up having to pay them a higher salary to reflect that. And that would no doubt make some complain if we had a manager on an enormous wedge! This isn't like Football Manager where you can put massive release clauses into your player contracts so that you get a big transfer fee for them if you have to accept an offer - you will have to pay them significantly more money in real life to get them to sign that contract.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 8:58]

This morning I am feeling more positive that Mick Beale will stay with us, at least until the end of the season. Last night pre-match had resigned myself to him leaving, but his presence in the dug out hopefully indicates his intention to stay. But loyalty in football is fickle and you just never know and by the end of today he is gone. Reckon our senior management will be working hard to keep him, offer him an improved contract and a decent bonus if he gets us up.
Mick Beale on 09:48 - Oct 20 with 2135 viewsslmrstid

Mick Beale on 09:38 - Oct 20 by BerkoRanger

Simples.

I wouldn't want the tax bill on that!
Mick Beale on 09:49 - Oct 20 with 2120 viewsSonofpugwash

Mick Beale on 09:46 - Oct 20 by Tonto

Buy it cash.We should have a couple of guest houses/apartments on the firm for such occasions.Won't lose out (unless Vlad drops The Big One of course)

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Mick Beale on 09:49 - Oct 20 with 2123 viewsswitchingcode

From the outside on the surface it’s a hard pill to swallow to lose your manager when you are riding high in the league.The championship is as mad as ever this season and the landscape changes dramatically in a few games look at Norwich Sheff United who’s managers are now under pressure after great starts which doesn’t go unnoticed.Listening to his comments I’m sure he’s off to Wolves and fans will be sickened by this what’s seen by some as betrayal after being given an opportunity but I expect the fans of the club where his replacement comes from will feel the same.It’s all part of the ever greedy money churning football culture.
Mick Beale on 09:50 - Oct 20 with 2104 viewsBerkoRanger

Mick Beale on 09:46 - Oct 20 by Tonto

If our owners need to get a mortgage, the club really does have a problem!!!
Mick Beale on 09:55 - Oct 20 with 2019 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mick Beale on 09:49 - Oct 20 by switchingcode

From the outside on the surface it’s a hard pill to swallow to lose your manager when you are riding high in the league.The championship is as mad as ever this season and the landscape changes dramatically in a few games look at Norwich Sheff United who’s managers are now under pressure after great starts which doesn’t go unnoticed.Listening to his comments I’m sure he’s off to Wolves and fans will be sickened by this what’s seen by some as betrayal after being given an opportunity but I expect the fans of the club where his replacement comes from will feel the same.It’s all part of the ever greedy money churning football culture.

It has clearly got worse though. Your manager was doing well for ages but was allowed to get on with the job over a couple of seasons. This is not even half a season.
Mick Beale on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 1974 viewsDannyPaddox

Mick Beale on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 1756 viewssoops

I really hope he stays (why upset an apple cart that's full of lovely juicy apples) but a couple of things stand out for me.
Not sure if this point has already been made but he's said a couple of times that he was 'over-ready' for the QPR job (which could translate as it's beneath me and I should surely be managing in the Premier League). Also, wouldn't read anything positive into his post match interviews where he's being non-committal - of course he's not going to say "absolutely, I'd say 'yes' to Wolves if they made me an offer".
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024