Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109237 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 23:16 - Oct 19 with 2495 viewsWatfordR

There is of course another point to this.

Even if he turns down Wolves, we simply cannot have this circus around him every time a job comes up in the Prem. It isn't fair on the club, the players or the fans.

If he stays, I would want to be hearing him quite clearly state that it is his intention to honour his contract with us, and on a private level, I'd want him to be telling his agent to knock back any approach until at least the end of this season.
Mick Beale on 23:18 - Oct 19 with 2434 viewsted_hendrix

Mick Beale hasn't asked for f ucking Wolves to come sniffing around and upsetting the bloody apple cart has he?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mick Beale on 23:20 - Oct 19 with 2373 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 23:03 - Oct 19 by stevenagehoop

Was thinking the same.

But this is QPR ,-sadly, executive ineptitude, inferiority and self-sabotage are built into the club's DNA.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 2374 viewsDamo1962

Mick Beale on 23:15 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Frankly I'm tired of folk like yourself putting the club down. QPR is not a basket case. It's a solid club playing in one of the best leagues in the world. To manage such a club is the stuff of dreams for many a man. QPR took a huge gamble on someone with zero experience. The least it should reasonably expect is a touch of loyalty. However, it has shot itself in the foot by including a low release clause. £1m is nothing for Wolves and will make little difference to QPR's bank balance, particularly if we then have to pay another club to secure a replacement.

Top post Benny. My thoughts exactly.
Mick Beale on 23:22 - Oct 19 with 2327 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 23:16 - Oct 19 by WatfordR

There is of course another point to this.

Even if he turns down Wolves, we simply cannot have this circus around him every time a job comes up in the Prem. It isn't fair on the club, the players or the fans.

If he stays, I would want to be hearing him quite clearly state that it is his intention to honour his contract with us, and on a private level, I'd want him to be telling his agent to knock back any approach until at least the end of this season.

As I've said elsewhere, if he talks to Wolves but doesn't sign on the dotted line, I wouldn't want him back and would hope a lot of the players would feel the same way. If that means we tumble down the table, that's his fault and the club's.

Mick Beale on 23:24 - Oct 19 with 2274 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 23:21 - Oct 19 by Damo1962

Top post Benny. My thoughts exactly.

I think I can feel another question for Lee ' We're lucky to have him' Hoos at the next FF coming on. Not to mention the rest of the Board.

Mick Beale on 23:25 - Oct 19 with 2293 viewssdm19994

If you can watch that interview on sky sports and not be annoyed by his carry on then I’m sorry you’re deluded. He’s taking the mick (no pun intended) by his comments on the situation. Accept any approach that comes in. Move on.
Mick Beale on 23:26 - Oct 19 with 2260 viewsChrisNW6

Typical QPR luck, hire a decent manager who taught himself Portuguese for a 6month job in Brazil.

I don't think he would have been considered if it wasn't for this quirk of fate.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 23:30 - Oct 19 with 2163 viewsRangersw12

Mick Beale on 23:18 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

Mick Beale hasn't asked for f ucking Wolves to come sniffing around and upsetting the bloody apple cart has he?

Very naive to think his agent hasn't been touting him about
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:32]
Mick Beale on 23:32 - Oct 19 with 2144 viewsrobith

Mick Beale on 22:55 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

"Wolves were thoroughly impressed by Beale during recent talks with the boss and there is confidence that a deal will be struck with QPR to bring him in by the weekend."

That sounds like direct contact to me.

Yeah but NKFA
Mick Beale on 23:36 - Oct 19 with 2072 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 23:10 - Oct 19 by daveB

I'm with you Dave.

"No" is an easy reply.

15 games in, and he's flirting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 23:37 - Oct 19 with 2067 viewsVancouverHoop

“When I was with (Glasgow) Rangers I turned down seven or eight chances to be a manager. There are some things I look for.”

This statement is some cause for optimism perhaps. As I read it, he's not going to Wolves just because it's a premier league club. He knows his value, but also knows his reputation is conditional on the choices he makes. QPR satisfied those conditions, other – possibly bigger – clubs did not. Perhaps Wolves won't either.
Mick Beale on 23:40 - Oct 19 with 2023 viewsJamieNaz

Some mad stuff in here.

It's his job and his career. If someone came to you and offered to treble your wages, I reckon you'd allbe interested.
Of course he thinks he can do a good job at Wolves. On paper they have an incredible squad. They're an established Premier League team.

Also, what sort of release clause do you possibly think we should have for a manager? Do any of you even know what a usual release clause should be?

Obviously, I'll be pretty sad if we lose him as I think he's doing pretty well. But, come on lads. Have a word with yourselves.
Mick Beale on 23:44 - Oct 19 with 1944 viewsted_hendrix

Mick Beale on 23:36 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm with you Dave.

"No" is an easy reply.

He's not flirting he's being diplomatic with his replys as I'd expect him to be.

We'll know tomorrow I guess.

Mick Beale on 23:46 - Oct 19 with 1905 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale on 23:44 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

He's not flirting he's being diplomatic with his replys as I'd expect him to be.

We'll know tomorrow I guess.

Maybe, Ted.

And I do respect your posts on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale on 23:47 - Oct 19 with 1883 viewssdm19994

Mick Beale on 23:40 - Oct 19 by JamieNaz

Some mad stuff in here.

It's his job and his career. If someone came to you and offered to treble your wages, I reckon you'd allbe interested.
Of course he thinks he can do a good job at Wolves. On paper they have an incredible squad. They're an established Premier League team.

Also, what sort of release clause do you possibly think we should have for a manager? Do any of you even know what a usual release clause should be?

Obviously, I'll be pretty sad if we lose him as I think he's doing pretty well. But, come on lads. Have a word with yourselves.

It looks like 1 million apparently..

In regards to your first point. If I had no experience in a role and was given a great opportunity at a good company (forgetting money) and I’d been there 4 months loving it and proving myself, I wouldn’t move for treble the wages to a company that’s on its way down if I’m being frank.

I’d be annoyed in mick left, of course I would.

Do I think it’d be a bad decision on his part? Absolutely

But I’m confident with the place we’re in at the moment if we got a perfect replacement (coberan/edwards) we’d still be up there in the top 6 come the end of the season.

As always… whatever the season…
Mick Beale on 23:49 - Oct 19 with 1854 viewsNorthernr

Mick Beale on 23:24 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

I think I can feel another question for Lee ' We're lucky to have him' Hoos at the next FF coming on. Not to mention the rest of the Board.

Obsessed.
Mick Beale on 23:50 - Oct 19 with 1849 viewsted_hendrix

Mick Beale on 23:46 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe, Ted.

And I do respect your posts on this.

Must be difficult for the bloke being interviewed live like that.

Anyway...........

Mick Beale on 23:51 - Oct 19 with 1826 viewsLythamR

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! Serenity Now!
Mick Beale on 23:53 - Oct 19 with 1793 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 23:40 - Oct 19 by JamieNaz

Some mad stuff in here.

Given Mick's lack of experience, there shouldn't even be a release clause. That way, the board would be holding the cards. With the release clause in place, the board are contractually bound to allow Mick to speak with any club that can meet the valuation.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:54]
Mick Beale on 23:54 - Oct 19 with 1768 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm with you Dave.

"No" is an easy reply.

That interview is hugely worrying and clear as mud!

What does he mean by saying things like until something's 'official' or he's here 'until I'm told otherwise'. We're not sacking him, are we? Here he's saying it could be a big 24 hours for him and the club, but on the Offish, he's telling Nick London that he's now only focussed on the Wigan game. It's excruciating, tantalising and insulting all at once. It feells like there's more chicanery behind the scenes than on a Scalextic set.

We're top of the pile tonight, but I feel sick! F*ck you Rangers, and the Janus-faced god your inept Board clearly worships.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 0:04]

Mick Beale on 23:55 - Oct 19 with 1775 viewsBklynRanger

Balls to it! That interview didn't need to be diplomatic and he wouldn't have needed to turn his phone off if he wasn't so enticed and distracted by the idea of the move.

If this turns into 2 days hearing about Mick's career aspirations he can fcuk off now I've already had enough.
Mick Beale on 23:55 - Oct 19 with 1773 viewsflynnbo

Mick Beale on 23:53 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Given Mick's lack of experience, there shouldn't even be a release clause. That way, the board would be holding the cards. With the release clause in place, the board are contractually bound to allow Mick to speak with any club that can meet the valuation.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:54]

Maybe he insisted a release clause be built into his contract before he agreed to join us?
Mick Beale on 23:58 - Oct 19 with 1732 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's Wolves. If he does go it'll only be for a month or two and then we can get him back when he's sacked. He may even chip in some of they money he gets off them as a transfer funds.
I think the draw of earning tenfold his current salary wouldn't be the determining factor as he fairly independently wealthy. The crowd and players tonight were excellent, it could have easily gone very flat after the pre match rumours started flying but both sides kept their levels up.

The grass is always greener.

Mick Beale on 23:58 - Oct 19 with 1733 viewskarlski

I'm with you Dave.

"No" is an easy reply.

This interview doesn't inspire me with confidence, sadly. He's quite deliberately avoided the question of "well would you be interested in that job". Fair play to the interviewer not playing softball. The "until someone tells me different" line is a total cop out.

However it's possible he hasn't made up his mind yet. QPR may let (or be forced to let) Wolves speak to him, but he might still decide not to take it. Small chance, but I think he still needs to weigh things up. Tonight's performance is helpful in the 'pros of staying' column.

Would be very sad if he left, because I think he's the real deal, and a great fit for our club and players. Fingers crossed.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024