Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109273 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 3635 viewsSonofpugwash

I think we need a bit of cheering up this morning.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Mick Beale on 10:28 - Oct 20 with 3556 viewsPhilmyRs

Mick Beale on 10:20 - Oct 20 by soops

I really hope he stays (why upset an apple cart that's full of lovely juicy apples) but a couple of things stand out for me.
Not sure if this point has already been made but he's said a couple of times that he was 'over-ready' for the QPR job (which could translate as it's beneath me and I should surely be managing in the Premier League). Also, wouldn't read anything positive into his post match interviews where he's being non-committal - of course he's not going to say "absolutely, I'd say 'yes' to Wolves if they made me an offer".

On the "over-ready" point, I didn't take it as us being beneath him. Think it was pretty clear he was implying he was over-ready to be a number 1 somewhere. If he does go, we just have to deal with it. The club is always bigger than one individual and will carry on. Look at the positives, he's leaving us in a great position with a much improved squad. We just need to make the new person that comes in looks to build on what's here, not dismantle it.
Mick Beale on 10:43 - Oct 20 with 3348 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/wolves-make-official-approach-to-qpr-for-bea

Looks like he is going to speak with Wolves. Still think we may still have Mick at the helm come next week.
Just a feeling and also if he were to move after only being in charge for 15 games, what would that say to future clubs that would want him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale on 10:43 - Oct 20 with 3349 viewstkqpr

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 by JamieNaz

1 million is probably about reasonable for a manager in the Championship. Probably at the top end of that as well.
I'm guessing he's on about 500k? (It's what I've been reliably told). Don't see how we can stick much more in his contract.
"You have a 10 million release clause"
"Okay, I want at least 2 million a year then"
"We can't afford that".

Dunno how else negotiations go there.

Also, you're pretending that in my first point the incumbent isn't an incredibly confident individual who isn't looking at a squad worth multiple times what ours is.

I'm hoping we have an idea of who we could get if Beale goes. And think we've got a great squad for whoever comes next.
I don't think where we are right now is entirely down to Beale, I just think it's perfectly understandable why he's interested in going.
Warburton and QPR were roughly in the same place 12 months ago. Now look

Didn't we pay a £600,000 release clause to get him from Villa?

If so i would expect that to be taken into consideration as well, making the total compensation £2m+ depending upon the release clause he may well have. which means that this may well be a greater sum.

However i think the restrictions he will have the prefferred agent Jorges Mendes that Wolves use, plus the fact its mid season, i.e. he wont be able to change the squad thats already there coupled with the fact we are doing so well, that is we are top of the league with a very new and young side..... may mean he will turn this one down.

This one im thinking he will turn it down ......but may the next one???
Mick Beale on 10:46 - Oct 20 with 3295 viewsswisscottage

Some people on this thread really need to get a grip and a sense of reality.

Whether Beale stays or goes, is down to whether he believes the Wolves job is something that's right for him at this point in his career.

He's never hidden the fact he's ambitious and wants to manage in the Premier league and in top leagues abroad. Likewise he's always considered his options carefully throughout his career and he's not certain to go. But why on earth should he just dismiss it out of hand? Anyone in their right mind in his position would consider the role. We employed him knowing this.

Loyalty has nothing to do with it. Just ask Barbet, Warburton, Clint Hill, and many others that this club as let go when they've had no further use for them.

Wolves:
Bottom f the Premier league
Team market value 347mil
Avg Gate: about 30k

QPR
Top of the Championship
Team Market Value 40mil
Avg Gate 14k

In reality, if he believes he has what it takes to turn Wolves around, and he feels he's ready and equipped to manage a group of highly paid players who have more of the power than championship players, if he's worth his salt he'd take the job, because with his self belief he'd be confident he'd be managing them in the Premiership next year.

If however he feels he not quite ready to manage a team at that level yet, and that he needs to spend a little more time on our little project, then I'm sure he will stay.

Similarly those having a go at Les and Hoos, are also frickin clueless numb nuts :). But I get it, when things aren't going well in the world, and our lives are beset by problems some people just get on with it, and small minded bitter people just look for people to blame as if its genuinely going to make their lives better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 10:47]
Mick Beale on 10:48 - Oct 20 with 3251 viewsPinnerPaul

Based on our mates the bookies, I think he's gone.

All firms have closed market except SkyBet where he is now 1/10
Mick Beale on 10:52 - Oct 20 with 3194 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 00:00 - Oct 20 by connell10

Hire a manger with not a bit of loyalty.

Sadly, in this day and age royalties trump loyalties.
Mick Beale on 10:52 - Oct 20 with 3190 viewsdaveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/wolves-make-official-approach-to-qpr-for-bea
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 10:53 - Oct 20 with 3162 viewssparkey

Mick Beale on 10:48 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

Based on our mates the bookies, I think he's gone.

All firms have closed market except SkyBet where he is now 1/10

Wouldn't look too closely into that

The market for this will be very small

He's been 1/10 with Skybet since yesterday when the news broke
Mick Beale on 10:56 - Oct 20 with 3091 viewsPinnerPaul

Mick Beale on 10:53 - Oct 20 by sparkey

Wouldn't look too closely into that

The market for this will be very small

He's been 1/10 with Skybet since yesterday when the news broke

They don't close markets unless they feel there is no book to make though.
Mick Beale on 11:10 - Oct 20 with 2854 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mick Beale on 10:56 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

They don't close markets unless they feel there is no book to make though.

Who would bother betting at 1-10 realistically though?
I don't think they know any more than us at this stage.
Mick Beale on 11:11 - Oct 20 with 2818 viewsSonofpugwash

If he's "fiercely ambitious" then would Wolves really be in the remit - or is it just another shop window stepping stone?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Mick Beale on 11:14 - Oct 20 with 2706 viewsSharpy36

With it now seeming inevitable that Mick is going, it`s a shame this had not happened a bit nearer the WC and given us a month to plug the gap, and given the new man a second pre season to work with the players and hit the ground running at the end of December.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Mick Beale on 11:17 - Oct 20 with 2647 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mick Beale on 10:52 - Oct 20 by daveB

All that glitters is not gold Michael, and that includes the Wolves kit too!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mick Beale on 11:19 - Oct 20 with 2603 viewsstantheman10

If Beale doesn't leave now he will as soon as Villa sack Gerard!
Mick Beale on 11:26 - Oct 20 with 2478 viewsToast_R

Simon Jordan reckons him going to Wolves would show a lack of belief in his own ability as a manager as he's soley going for the payday. He also reckons he's as good as gone.
Mick Beale on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 2432 viewshubble

I am genuinely unable to focus on anything today. Come on Mick, make the sensible, right, smart decision: reject the offer from those dour Dudley drones, stay with the beautiful rip roaring Rangers!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Mick Beale on 11:34 - Oct 20 with 2302 viewsDoudou87

Mick Beale on 11:29 - Oct 20 by hubble

I am genuinely unable to focus on anything today. Come on Mick, make the sensible, right, smart decision: reject the offer from those dour Dudley drones, stay with the beautiful rip roaring Rangers!

I'm the same, this is truly painful. Never has a manager felt so important to the club. Let's get this over and done with, go hear what they have to say and then so no thanks.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Mick Beale on 11:36 - Oct 20 with 2245 viewsMaggsinho

POW!

Mick Beale on 11:36 - Oct 20 with 2241 viewsw7r

Twitter rumour that he's turned down the Wolves job according to Telegraph's John Percy
Mick Beale on 11:37 - Oct 20 with 2218 viewsaston_hoop

Fcking get in

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mick Beale on 11:37 - Oct 20 with 2210 viewsJames_Paddocks

HE'S STAYING!!!
Mick Beale on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 2181 viewsnottonyfernandes

Mick Beale on 11:36 - Oct 20 by Maggsinho

POW!

Saw this, absolutely ecstatic if this is true
Mick Beale on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 2181 viewsrobith

Me rn:

Mick Beale on 11:40 - Oct 20 with 2127 viewsCFW

Can't help feeling that in some way Mick has played us - would he have been in the frame for the Wolves job whilst still number to to Gerrard? My guess is no. Speaks very well but always very controlled in what he says or does not say. Is he good at his job - think the answer to that is obviously yes but that is in a very ordinary league.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024