Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 107921 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 14:44 - Oct 18 with 2692 viewsfrancisbowles

Mick Beale on 10:27 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

It's not a 'grudge', you bellend. I've provided many instances of Hoos' incompetence, a number of which Clive has also amplified (without his necessarily drawing the conclusions I think he might), as well as contributing lengthily on his performance at one Fans Forum event (whose organisers obviously felt my points warranted an airing, whatever you think). My post was also light-hearted, despite this, which you could have chortled along with (or rolled your eyes at least) if you had a sliver of a sense of humour.

As for your implication that my argued-for view has less merit and I should put a sock in it to fall in with the 'majority' view you claim to speak for, that's just pathetic - you're obviously the kind of totalitarian conformist who views this board as more like some religious cult than a noisy and contestable church. (You're not alone, of course.)
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 10:29]

Nice.

If you'd bothered to read my reply properly, before handing out the insult, you'd have seen that, unusually, I was agreeing with a lot of your points and had stated that Hoos wasn't perfect. We all know that you don't have a grasp on the reality of how football has changed since 1975/76 and you have this romantic fantasy of everything going back to then. Well, I would like that too but it isn't going to happen in the real world.

However, whatever you think of Hoos most of us believe that the business side of the club needed to be controlled and, largely he has done that. Southampton, Leicester and Burnley were all in a much better place when he left them and we should be too, when that day arrives.
Mick Beale on 14:53 - Oct 18 with 2639 viewsHayesender

Now the bookies favourite.

Am I reading too much into this, or isn't there usually an interview on the club site with Beale by now, talking about the last game and looking forward to the next game?

Mick Beale on 14:55 - Oct 18 with 2622 viewsdm97

Lads at WLS spoken to him, the classic “happy here focus on football” lines. Reads as though he’d go if they paid up the comp - no contact with Les suggests the comp would be the main blocker (esp for a rookie)
Mick Beale on 14:58 - Oct 18 with 2606 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-has-honest-conversation-with-ferdinand

Basically this is his main focus until something better comes along is what I've read here

Mick Beale on 14:59 - Oct 18 with 2606 viewsLongsufferingR

Hmm, this doesn't clarify much unfortunately https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-has-honest-conversation-with-ferdinand
Mick Beale on 15:01 - Oct 18 with 2580 viewsHarbour

Mick Beale on 14:59 - Oct 18 by LongsufferingR

Hmm, this doesn't clarify much unfortunately https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-has-honest-conversation-with-ferdinand

From that I read ambition to manage at the highest level…despite being happy at LR if they make an offer I reckon he will go. Hopefully Wolves look elsewhere.
Mick Beale on 15:04 - Oct 18 with 2559 viewsHayesender

He's focused on the next two games, but will be off quicker than you could say "fck you" should wolves, villa or Rangers come calling

Mick Beale on 15:10 - Oct 18 with 2488 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 14:44 - Oct 18 by francisbowles

Nice.

If you'd bothered to read my reply properly, before handing out the insult, you'd have seen that, unusually, I was agreeing with a lot of your points and had stated that Hoos wasn't perfect. We all know that you don't have a grasp on the reality of how football has changed since 1975/76 and you have this romantic fantasy of everything going back to then. Well, I would like that too but it isn't going to happen in the real world.

However, whatever you think of Hoos most of us believe that the business side of the club needed to be controlled and, largely he has done that. Southampton, Leicester and Burnley were all in a much better place when he left them and we should be too, when that day arrives.

The truth is, you who don't know me, that I'm both a romantic and a wearied contemporary ('les extremes se touchent'), who makes his points fervently (as befits the role of the fan-atic) with, sometimes, a degree of exaggeration and tongue-in-cheek (tragi)comedy to compensate the high mindedness of the virtue-signalling 'realists' on this board. It's a tedious irony that makes me smile that you accuse me of ignoring your points when, in fact, you and one or two others are faar guiltier of the same thing in regard to my legitimate counter-arguments about Hoos, which I don't need or care to rpeat or recyle for the umpteenth time, but which go well beyond his perceived medal-deserving conformity to the strictures of FFP. And spare me your pompous silliness about my not 'understanding' football, which I've been watching and following for nearly had a decade, including through all of its latterday reforms - I've probably watched more QPR, and read more about it, than you've had hot dinners. Anyway, moving on with my day . . .

Next!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:16]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 15:20 - Oct 18 with 2410 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Mick Beale on 15:04 - Oct 18 by Hayesender

He's focused on the next two games, but will be off quicker than you could say "fck you" should wolves, villa or Rangers come calling

I think he'll be off during the international break if not before. He could of easily said I'm not going, so his silence is deafening. I hate being a QPR fan sometimes.
Mick Beale on 15:24 - Oct 18 with 2355 viewsted_hendrix

He'll be here this time next year.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mick Beale on 15:25 - Oct 18 with 2345 viewsSakura

Mick Beale on 14:58 - Oct 18 by Hayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-has-honest-conversation-with-ferdinand

Basically this is his main focus until something better comes along is what I've read here

So if Beale is here beyond the end of the week it’s not because he wants to be…

Hope this doesn’t affect our performance on tomorrow. Can imagine particularly our new signings being unhappy with him
Mick Beale on 15:26 - Oct 18 with 2319 viewsdaveB

Lose the next 2 games and people will want him sacked so if he gets an offer I wouldn't blame him for taking it, I do think like a few players he needs a year at this level to learn and that will help him become a better manager but he's not going to turn down a premier league job if it comes up
Mick Beale on 15:31 - Oct 18 with 2263 viewsHayesender

Mick Beale on 15:25 - Oct 18 by Sakura

So if Beale is here beyond the end of the week it’s not because he wants to be…

Hope this doesn’t affect our performance on tomorrow. Can imagine particularly our new signings being unhappy with him

I think this uncertainty is the reason for the lacklustre performance at Luton on Saturday

Mick Beale on 15:38 - Oct 18 with 2191 viewsJames_Paddocks

It would be an almighty gamble by Wolves. They'll be looking for European football and top 8. Not sure you employ a novice manager from the championship, who's got 14 games under his belt, for that?

We're in a good place with the squad, whichever way it goes.
Mick Beale on 15:45 - Oct 18 with 2091 viewsdmm

Sadly I tend to agree that should Beale get an offer from Wolves, Rangers or another bigger club in a top league, he'd go. Hopefully, the work he's done with us will show what can be achieved here and we'd be able to attract another good manager.
Mick Beale on 15:46 - Oct 18 with 2077 viewssdm19994

Even if mick interviews I think his position becomes untenable. Negotiate a good price for him with wolves or whoever then go all out for Carlos corberan. Would not reflect well on mick if he bolts so soon. Would be gutting but no one is bigger than our club.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:47]
Mick Beale on 15:47 - Oct 18 with 2060 viewsdavman

Mick Beale on 14:53 - Oct 18 by Hayesender

Now the bookies favourite.

Am I reading too much into this, or isn't there usually an interview on the club site with Beale by now, talking about the last game and looking forward to the next game?

My thoughts exactly.

Hmmmmmm.

There's always something that threatens our happiness, isn't there?

As Clive says, maybe we're not allowed nice things...

On the bright side though, Sol Campbell was favourite for our job early on and there were probably 5 or 6 favourites whilst we were looking. Hope he gets the pre-Cardiff talk uploaded soon and says something more definitive about staying...
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:50]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mick Beale on 15:48 - Oct 18 with 2047 viewskensalriser

I think Wolves will go with a bigger and more established name. Obviously Beale wants to manage at the top level, I imagine every single player at QPR wants to play at the top level, too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mick Beale on 15:57 - Oct 18 with 1963 viewsPhildo

if we are going well he is going to get linked with jobs that come up. If we stumble that will fade and there will be another bright young thing to flutter eyelashes at. it was ever thus.
Mick Beale on 15:59 - Oct 18 with 1951 viewsWestbourneR

I'd be absolutely amazed if Wolves went for Beale at this stage of his career. Amazed.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:59]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mick Beale on 16:00 - Oct 18 with 1927 viewsDavieQPR

Not only will he be off we will also sell Willock, Chair and Dickie in the last transfer window and we are in a relegation fight. Some people just love a bit of wallowing in self-pity. He is not going anywhere after a few months in his first job. You know it and I know it.
Mick Beale on 16:06 - Oct 18 with 1864 viewsSakura

Mick Beale on 15:59 - Oct 18 by WestbourneR

I'd be absolutely amazed if Wolves went for Beale at this stage of his career. Amazed.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:59]

Agree its a risk, he’s got to prove he’s a good manager without Willock and Laird in the team first
Mick Beale on 16:09 - Oct 18 with 1834 viewsNW5Hoop

As a journalist, that reads to me as, "If an offer comes, I'm off." One of the national's' chief sportswriter (who's also a season ticket holder at LR) told me all of football had their eyes on Beale — everyone wanted to see if he could make the step up to first-team management. In which case, maybe it was always going to be about how soon someone would decide he was competent to take a job. The only surprise is it is so early — after, literally, one good run. There may well be half a dozen clubs who've been keeping an eye on him, and Wolves are just breaking first.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 16:10]
Mick Beale on 16:11 - Oct 18 with 1805 viewsMick_S

Mick Beale on 16:09 - Oct 18 by NW5Hoop

As a journalist, that reads to me as, "If an offer comes, I'm off." One of the national's' chief sportswriter (who's also a season ticket holder at LR) told me all of football had their eyes on Beale — everyone wanted to see if he could make the step up to first-team management. In which case, maybe it was always going to be about how soon someone would decide he was competent to take a job. The only surprise is it is so early — after, literally, one good run. There may well be half a dozen clubs who've been keeping an eye on him, and Wolves are just breaking first.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 16:10]

Grim. I’m off to find my worry beads.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mick Beale on 16:12 - Oct 18 with 1802 viewsnix

Mick Beale on 14:33 - Oct 18 by thame_hoops

why can't he?

Yeah, good point. He and Harry Potter 🤣.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024