Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 108866 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 22:56 - Oct 18 with 3223 viewsqueensparker

Mick Beale on 21:58 - Oct 18 by connell10

If he went to Wolves after 5 months here I'd say the bloke is a W anker....but he won't.

Yeah this is it.

If he came in, brought in the players, got us going, and then left after five months he’d spoil his card forever for me. Has anyone even done that before? That’s shitty behaviour, don’t give me all the “this is modern football” guff.

But I don’t think he will.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 22:56]
Mick Beale on 22:59 - Oct 18 with 3205 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 22:28 - Oct 18 by Logman

Why ? It would be a good and rewarding challenge for him and the world of (most) work is about making the most of what you can.

Oh behave , I expect him to show some loyalty, your talking bollox .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 23:01 - Oct 18 with 3177 viewsHAYESBOY

Down to 6th. Let Wolves have. Disgrace!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale on 23:01 - Oct 18 with 3175 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 22:56 - Oct 18 by queensparker

Yeah this is it.

If he came in, brought in the players, got us going, and then left after five months he’d spoil his card forever for me. Has anyone even done that before? That’s shitty behaviour, don’t give me all the “this is modern football” guff.

Bingo mate .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 23:55 - Oct 18 with 3047 viewsSydneyRs

Mick Beale on 00:06 - Oct 19 with 3016 viewsPunteR

He seems to be a principled man, someone that talks about setting standards , being the best version of yourself. Being able to look in the mirror and ask yourself honest questions about whether you've applied the gold standard for effort and work ethic, given it 100%.
If he jack's it in after 3 months for more money and prestige then he looks a bit of a w@nker to me too.
We'll see. Its football innit.

Hope the players kept the receipt for their new suits.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 0:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale on 00:09 - Oct 19 with 3002 viewsdaveB

Yeah this is it.

Not with us but Marco SIlva jumped ship a lot when he first started, seemed deperate to move within 5 minutes of getting a job
Mick Beale on 00:33 - Oct 19 with 2953 viewsNW5Hoop

I half wonder if that stuff in the summer, when he suddenly went all furrow-browsed about how hard he now realised it was going to be, was to make subsequent success look even better. He clearly gave the impression he’d been sold a bill of goods on what resources were available, didn’t he? But that struck me as odd even at the time; surely Evil Les didn’t just lie to him at the job interview? But certainly, everyone’s expectations had been dampened so enormously that we were all bowled over when it did click, and everyone else noticed, too,

I think he’s great. Hope he stays. But also he’s the one on the up here, not us. We’re in a window where young, “tactical”, British managers are in vogue. Who’s the next Potter. Right now he knows he’s in the shop window in much the same way as some young centre forward who’s just hit six in five games, playing like a dream. After all, he might lose Deny and Willock to long term injury at any minute, the team might then lose 10 in a row or something ludicrous, and suddenly his next job offer’s from Oldham. It happens. You couldn’t blame him from biting the hand off any Premier League club that wasn’t a complete basket case. Equally, I’d still boo him down the Uxbridge Road for doing a number on us next time he came here.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale (n/t) on 01:03 - Oct 19 with 2921 viewsNW10Hoop

Yeah this is it.

[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 7:37]
Mick Beale on 02:43 - Oct 19 with 2859 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Mick Beale on 17:06 - Oct 18 by robith

Also quite funny to see people on twitter saying "where's his loyalty?" like we would've hesitated to bin him if we lost the first five

Steven Gerrard had the best ever answer to this IMO.
When he took the Villa Job he was interviewed and was told how disappointed / angry the Rangers fans were that he skipped town.
He said he left when they were on top ( won the SPL under him ) but if he was having a bad season they would be calling for his head like all fans .
He did the best for his family and his life long ambition to manage in the PL.
Mick Beale wants to coach at the top level, he believes he has the ability and fair play to him .However I feel he will stay until the summer if we do not go up he will be poached I suspect
Wolves is a bad job right now IMO but he did mention Rangers tonight I am not familiar with that runour
Mick Beale on 02:57 - Oct 19 with 2854 viewsSydneyRs

Mick Beale on 02:43 - Oct 19 by CLAREMAN1995

Steven Gerrard had the best ever answer to this IMO.
When he took the Villa Job he was interviewed and was told how disappointed / angry the Rangers fans were that he skipped town.
He said he left when they were on top ( won the SPL under him ) but if he was having a bad season they would be calling for his head like all fans .
He did the best for his family and his life long ambition to manage in the PL.
Mick Beale wants to coach at the top level, he believes he has the ability and fair play to him .However I feel he will stay until the summer if we do not go up he will be poached I suspect
Wolves is a bad job right now IMO but he did mention Rangers tonight I am not familiar with that runour

He was there before and is liked by the fans. They do still however have a manager at the moment. There more than anywhere it would turn quickly if there's a few poor results. This is a fan base that sings about being the most successful club in football in a world where other teams have multiple European cups/champions leagues and play in tough leagues!
Mick Beale on 05:45 - Oct 19 with 2753 viewsWesty75

If he did apply for another role so soon after taking this one (and with things going well here) I’m not sure how that would look to his prospective new club. Anyone involved in recruitment in any walk of life will I’m sure be wary about applicants that look a bit flighty. If I was Wolves/Rangers I’d be concerned about how long it would take until he was looking for his next step up the ladder after a few decent results with them. For an ambitious guy both would be as much of a stepping stone to the top as we are. Beale’s a smart chap and I’m sure this would be factored into his thinking. It’s not a great look to have your head turned quite so easily.

And as for cashing in and taking the opportunity while his stock is high, if he backs himself as much as it appears, that shouldn’t be a worry to him.
Mick Beale on 06:10 - Oct 19 with 2716 viewsSimplyNico

It's just symptomatic of the fact that at the moment anything that can go wrong will do so. I blame it on myself for enquiring with the Club about a second half season ticket. Instant jinx.
Mick Beale on 07:13 - Oct 19 with 2565 viewstraininvain

Much like the Potter to Chelsea situation, it does raise the question as to why there’s isn’t a window for managerial sackings and appointments. It’s arguably far more disruptive to lose a manager/coach at this stage in the season than a player.

The club appointed Beale ahead of pre season and our whole campaign has been planned around having him here in charge. Why should we suffer because Wolves or Rangers suddenly decide that they want to make a change? And why can’t they be restricted to unemployed managers like Dyche?

It just seems wrong that clubs like Brighton and us who have done nothing wrong (and quite a lot right) should pay the price mid season for poorly run clubs who couldn’t changed manager only a few months ago before the season actually started.
Mick Beale on 08:04 - Oct 19 with 2365 viewsstevec

If you were an ambitious young manager with the centre forwards bequeathed, you’d also be thinking about taking a better offer.

He’s only a single long term injury to Willock or Chair away from the same fate as Warbs. It won’t be Les or Hoos or any of the faces above him that takes the hit, just Beale.
Mick Beale on 08:08 - Oct 19 with 2362 viewsdmm

Mick Beale on 07:13 - Oct 19 by traininvain

Much like the Potter to Chelsea situation, it does raise the question as to why there’s isn’t a window for managerial sackings and appointments. It’s arguably far more disruptive to lose a manager/coach at this stage in the season than a player.

The club appointed Beale ahead of pre season and our whole campaign has been planned around having him here in charge. Why should we suffer because Wolves or Rangers suddenly decide that they want to make a change? And why can’t they be restricted to unemployed managers like Dyche?

It just seems wrong that clubs like Brighton and us who have done nothing wrong (and quite a lot right) should pay the price mid season for poorly run clubs who couldn’t changed manager only a few months ago before the season actually started.

That's a very good point and you're of course quite right. I just wondered if such a regulation be against employment law though? Is the transfer window restricted to playing staff only?

This whole issue highlights how football is structured to benefit the biggest clubs, in much the same way that the economy benefits the richest in society.
Mick Beale on 08:18 - Oct 19 with 2316 viewsTheChef

Classic knickers/twist interface.

Nothing has been announced or decided, this is all based on rumour anyway. So let's just enjoy him and the team while he's here; and in any case he's only a few defeats away from being hounded out by the same fans.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale on 09:09 - Oct 19 with 2120 viewsstantheman10

Mick Beale on 00:06 - Oct 19 by PunteR

He seems to be a principled man, someone that talks about setting standards , being the best version of yourself. Being able to look in the mirror and ask yourself honest questions about whether you've applied the gold standard for effort and work ethic, given it 100%.
If he jack's it in after 3 months for more money and prestige then he looks a bit of a w@nker to me too.
We'll see. Its football innit.

Hope the players kept the receipt for their new suits.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 0:11]

So if some company came to you (or me) and said we'll triple your wages to come and work for us you'd say no as I've got integrity and rather stay where I am. I know I wouldn't I'd be off like a shot. He has no affinity or history with us.
Mick Beale on 09:24 - Oct 19 with 2005 viewsToast_R

Mick Beale on 00:09 - Oct 19 by daveB

Not with us but Marco SIlva jumped ship a lot when he first started, seemed deperate to move within 5 minutes of getting a job

Steve Bruce did that at Palace didn't he? Moved to Birmingham after they sacked off Trevor Francis who ended up going the other way. Weird one.
Mick Beale on 09:35 - Oct 19 with 1932 viewsAntti_Heinola

let's not forget the twitterati wanted him sacked after 3 games this season, and the 'loyalty' from some fans to Warbs, whio did a great job, was hardly fair.
Fans always demand loyalty - but only when it suits. Players get criticised now for running down contracts, seeking a move before their contract is up, or refusing to leave for less money because fans have decided they're not good enough. The tightrope they balance is rather skinny.

Bare bones.

Mick Beale on 09:38 - Oct 19 with 1917 viewsdannyblue

Mick Beale on 07:13 - Oct 19 by traininvain

Yes. In practice you'd have some zombie managers agreeing new jobs for the next window and then just going through the motions until then. As likely to create new problems as solve the old ones. But the good managers would have enough pride to continue to work well, you'd hope.
Mick Beale on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 1866 viewsfrancisbowles

Mick Beale on 15:10 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

The truth is, you who don't know me, that I'm both a romantic and a wearied contemporary ('les extremes se touchent'), who makes his points fervently (as befits the role of the fan-atic) with, sometimes, a degree of exaggeration and tongue-in-cheek (tragi)comedy to compensate the high mindedness of the virtue-signalling 'realists' on this board. It's a tedious irony that makes me smile that you accuse me of ignoring your points when, in fact, you and one or two others are faar guiltier of the same thing in regard to my legitimate counter-arguments about Hoos, which I don't need or care to rpeat or recyle for the umpteenth time, but which go well beyond his perceived medal-deserving conformity to the strictures of FFP. And spare me your pompous silliness about my not 'understanding' football, which I've been watching and following for nearly had a decade, including through all of its latterday reforms - I've probably watched more QPR, and read more about it, than you've had hot dinners. Anyway, moving on with my day . . .

Next!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 15:16]

I'm not going to bore everyone by continuing this 'debate' with you save some rebuttals.

Those of us who don't have you on ignore, do not dismiss your opinions. Imho, they are 'extreme' criticisms without balance and often expressed in a superior manner. We don't always grasp what you are rambling on about as we often don't have a dictionary to hand. However, we try and 'pick the bones out of it' and can agree that some of the points have some validity. However, hammering Lee Hoos is not one that 'we' believe is reasonable. Yes, he can be dismissive, but he has to listen to a lot of opinions and many of them are repetition. You'd have to be a saint not to get frustrated with them occasionally and want to focus on the bigger picture.

My opinion on your 'knowing football' was not what is happening with current matches but based on your grasp of how the game has evolved into what it is today, what you don't like and seem to refuse to accept.

I have also been following football for a long time. Not sure what you mean by 'had a decade'. I assume you meant half a century. Well, I'm in that club too. I've been following the game since the '66 world cup.

End
Mick Beale on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 1866 viewsTheChef

Mick Beale on 09:35 - Oct 19 by Antti_Heinola

let's not forget the twitterati wanted him sacked after 3 games this season, and the 'loyalty' from some fans to Warbs, whio did a great job, was hardly fair.
Fans always demand loyalty - but only when it suits. Players get criticised now for running down contracts, seeking a move before their contract is up, or refusing to leave for less money because fans have decided they're not good enough. The tightrope they balance is rather skinny.

It's only us fans who are stupid enough to be loyal!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale on 10:07 - Oct 19 with 1741 viewsdaveB

For his own career he should stay, his reputation will only be enhanced if he does well, anything in the top half has to be seen as a sucsess. Graham Potter learnt a lot at Swansea and really adapted his style and got better as a manager despite not going up, I think Beale can do the same and have his pick of jobs next summer rather than whichever one comes up now. Brighton looks a better fit which will probably be an option in a few months

No doubt though that his agent will be keeping his name very active to drum up interest, he's been very keen on self promotion the whole time he has been here which i quite like but he doesn't strike me as someone who plans to be here for the long haul.
Mick Beale on 10:28 - Oct 19 with 1659 viewsPinnerPaul

Mick Beale on 10:07 - Oct 19 by daveB

For his own career he should stay, his reputation will only be enhanced if he does well, anything in the top half has to be seen as a sucsess. Graham Potter learnt a lot at Swansea and really adapted his style and got better as a manager despite not going up, I think Beale can do the same and have his pick of jobs next summer rather than whichever one comes up now. Brighton looks a better fit which will probably be an option in a few months

No doubt though that his agent will be keeping his name very active to drum up interest, he's been very keen on self promotion the whole time he has been here which i quite like but he doesn't strike me as someone who plans to be here for the long haul.

After the start we've had, I don't see many hailing 11th as a 'success' to be honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024