Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard Sacked 22:50 - Oct 20 with 9823 viewsdannyblue

now would Beale have gone there...and could he still go there having just said that he's going to stay?
Gerrard Sacked on 22:51 - Oct 20 with 5605 viewsdigswellhoop

Will he go now is villa his abition i have no problems butva release fee of 1 million is a disgrace on qpr not realising what theve got
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 22:55]
Gerrard Sacked on 22:55 - Oct 20 with 5541 viewsdubaistu

Gerrard Sacked on 22:51 - Oct 20 by digswellhoop

Will he go now is villa his abition i have no problems butva release fee of 1 million is a disgrace on qpr not realising what theve got

Can't see it, worse than Wolves. Hopefully the chat and negs last night resulted in a higher release clause and more wedge for MB
Gerrard Sacked on 22:57 - Oct 20 with 5510 viewsLythamR

I suppose anything is possible in this era of U Turns.

But it wouldnt be a good look for him would it
Gerrard Sacked on 22:57 - Oct 20 with 5497 viewsDavieQPR

Said it before and will say it again 'he's not going anywhere'.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 23:04]
Gerrard Sacked on 22:59 - Oct 20 with 5487 viewsNortholt_Rs

They’ll go for Poch.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gerrard Sacked on 23:04 - Oct 20 with 5368 viewseastside_r

Think he might be perceived as too close to the ancienne regime and he wasn’t actually there for that long.

If you thought some of the Wolves’ fans were sniffy, one can only imagine the reaction of ‘massive club’ Villa followers.

However, nothing now would surprise me.
Gerrard Sacked on 23:05 - Oct 20 with 5354 viewsSnipper

Have a day off mate ffs.
Gerrard Sacked on 23:05 - Oct 20 with 5332 viewsbosh67

FFS

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard Sacked on 23:07 - Oct 20 with 5292 viewsThe_Beast1976

I've heard MB has been given a new contract and the new contract includes a massively increased release fee for him this season. If the foregoing is correct then I doubt he'll be going anywhere this season (and, irrespective of the contract, he's pretty much said he's staying with us for at least this season now anyway).

He will undoubtedly be linked with other clubs if we're going well, but he's going nowhere else. That should be the end of all this talk now. Let's just focus on ourselves. Cmon You Rs
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 23:09]
Gerrard Sacked on 23:12 - Oct 20 with 5223 viewsPBLOCK

Why is the £1 mill a disgrace?

We took a chance if he’d bombed and we sacked him 2 weeks ago while sat 2nd bottom nobody would question

The money is probably anywhere between 50-70 % of his contract, maybe or came earlier than they thought

I don’t think he’d consider Villa because his mate has been chopped and it would be like carrying on with your mates ex.

Maybe after the next one I’d be more worried if Leeds , Leicester , Southampton came calling
Gerrard Sacked on 23:35 - Oct 20 with 5070 viewsdubaistu

Gerrard Sacked on 23:12 - Oct 20 by PBLOCK

Why is the £1 mill a disgrace?

We took a chance if he’d bombed and we sacked him 2 weeks ago while sat 2nd bottom nobody would question

The money is probably anywhere between 50-70 % of his contract, maybe or came earlier than they thought

I don’t think he’d consider Villa because his mate has been chopped and it would be like carrying on with your mates ex.

Maybe after the next one I’d be more worried if Leeds , Leicester , Southampton came calling

Those clubs are in the same predicament. If we went up with MB this season we could easily be another Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. If West Ham or Everton came knocking I'd be worried.
Gerrard Sacked on 23:43 - Oct 20 with 5012 viewsHAYESBOY

Here we go.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Gerrard Sacked on 23:46 - Oct 20 with 4971 viewsSonofpugwash

Pochettino 1/2 favourite.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Gerrard Sacked on 23:57 - Oct 20 with 4911 viewsManinBlack

Beale appears to be an honourable man and he would have to turn down Villa in the same way as Wolves as only a few days between the two events for the very same reasons.

In the longer term if Everton or Leeds sack their managers next year then there could be a big risk to us.

I see Wolves now sticking to the interim manager until 2023 so more chance they might come back for Beale at the end of the season if we don't go up than him going to Villa now.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 23:59]
Gerrard Sacked on 23:57 - Oct 20 with 4909 viewsBklynRanger

Gerrard Sacked on 23:07 - Oct 20 by The_Beast1976

I've heard MB has been given a new contract and the new contract includes a massively increased release fee for him this season. If the foregoing is correct then I doubt he'll be going anywhere this season (and, irrespective of the contract, he's pretty much said he's staying with us for at least this season now anyway).

He will undoubtedly be linked with other clubs if we're going well, but he's going nowhere else. That should be the end of all this talk now. Let's just focus on ourselves. Cmon You Rs
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 23:09]

Where did you hear that Beast man?
Gerrard Sacked on 00:30 - Oct 21 with 4757 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In many ways it's better that Gerrard has been sacked immediately after Beale turns down Wolves and commits to QPR. Beale's stock (and perhaps contract) has risen so he's unlikely to have his head turned. In any event, I suspect Villa will target an experienced manager rather than gamble on another Premier League rookie.
Gerrard Sacked on 00:45 - Oct 21 with 4712 viewsBoston

I never disliked Gerrard but neither did I particularly like him. The thing that always bugged me was his change of allegiance from an Evertonian to a Liverpool fan. I've always found this type of transition to be troubling.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 2:03]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gerrard Sacked on 00:47 - Oct 21 with 4710 viewsSydneyRs

We could have insisted on 10 million, he would have walked and we'd be in the relegation zone with Tim Sherwood.
Gerrard Sacked on 00:52 - Oct 21 with 4701 viewsSydneyRs

Not exactly a shock to anyone that Gerrard is gone, so why would Beale say what he said after not going to Wolves if this was on his radar? Makes no sense at all.

In any case, I do not think he's the guy to get you out of a relegation scrap in the prem with an established squad that is struggling. He's more of a builder and would want to take over somewhere with more stable surroundings.

In the championship a smart manager can get by with good tactics, an eye for a bargain etc. Beale is doing it with us, Jones with Luton etc. Different story up there where every team has spending power and there's much less margin for error. He also can't do anything about the squad before Jan and even then it would be limited. Also instant pressure if results don't quickly improve.

Don't see it as the right move for him, or for Villa.
Gerrard Sacked on 01:01 - Oct 21 with 4684 viewsjohncharles

I know it’s hard for us QPR supporters to believe that we might have got a winning combination but I do think we have sensible people In charge who have appointed a sensible manager.

Strong and stable my arse.

Gerrard Sacked on 01:23 - Oct 21 with 4613 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Gerrard Sacked on 01:01 - Oct 21 by johncharles

I know it’s hard for us QPR supporters to believe that we might have got a winning combination but I do think we have sensible people In charge who have appointed a sensible manager.

For avoidance of doubt, can you please repeat this because it sounds so unlike QPR!
Gerrard Sacked on 01:36 - Oct 21 with 4582 viewsJigsore

After all this speculation and Beale's characteristaclly candid interviews it would only look even worse to go to Villa a few days later.

Relax.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Gerrard Sacked on 02:18 - Oct 21 with 4529 viewsLoftgirl

Gerrard Sacked on 01:23 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

For avoidance of doubt, can you please repeat this because it sounds so unlike QPR!

Exactly. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that we got Mick in the first place.
Gerrard Sacked on 04:00 - Oct 21 with 4424 viewsbarbicanranger

I think the last few days stressed our fledgling manager out. I think he will stay away from the fanfare for a while.
Gerrard Sacked on 05:48 - Oct 21 with 4254 viewsArcticHoop

Villa are after "bigger"name and i really don´t think that Beale would now jump off ship after all he has said in the last 2 days, but now 2 days later he feels"time is right"
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 5:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024