Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref 22:08 - Oct 28 with 6722 viewsWatfordR

Good performance by Brum, well disciplined, deserved the win.

But f@ck me, you'll go a long, LONG, long long way to witness a worse refereeing performance than that. Should have blown to stop play when the ball hit him in the build up to their second goal. Should have been our free kick moments before anyway. Bottled sending off Hannibal - he could have had three yellows, let alone two, the penalty should have been retaken as the goalie was off his line, Armstrong should have had another penalty for Sanderson's challenge, hardly a thrown in taken by Brum within 15 yards of where it went out. That's just off the top of my head.

For all that Brum deserved it, they probably wouldn't have won it without that clown.
Ref on 22:18 - Oct 28 with 4516 viewsstowmarketrange

I just watched it again and I don’t think he was off his line when Dykes telegraphed where he was going to put it.
Spot on with the rest though.A really poor ref who bottled the 2nd yellow card,but that was his 4th foul of the night.Maybe he felt guilty about booking him early,but to book Dickie instead was a joke.And Deeney pushes into the ref when the penalty was given and nothing was done.
But we were poor tonight.
Ref on 22:19 - Oct 28 with 4514 viewsNorthLondonR

I personally you might be stretching for the penalty decisions but sure, Hannibal should've been off... but as you've correctly observed we were awful tonight.. but we will have off nights and that's okay
Ref on 22:19 - Oct 28 with 4506 viewsKerryE

Deeney bumped/barged the ref after pen awarded.
Yellow?

I've looked at the law when ball hits ref, surely should have been a drop ball as it was a ''promising attack''

But, we lost fare and square
Ref on 22:23 - Oct 28 with 4469 viewsted_hendrix

The ref was poor, very poor no denying that but we were beaten within the first half hour.

We simply must be more 'street wise',

I'd Imagine most Championship Managers were at St Andrews tonight, well we've just carried out a training manual for Dean bloody Smith on how to beat us.

And that's what happened tonight, we got beat up

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ref on 22:27 - Oct 28 with 4442 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 22:18 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

I just watched it again and I don’t think he was off his line when Dykes telegraphed where he was going to put it.
Spot on with the rest though.A really poor ref who bottled the 2nd yellow card,but that was his 4th foul of the night.Maybe he felt guilty about booking him early,but to book Dickie instead was a joke.And Deeney pushes into the ref when the penalty was given and nothing was done.
But we were poor tonight.

As I understand it, you've got to have both feet on the line when the ball is kicked, and his right foot is definitely off the line.

Of course, it's the lino who needs to be looking for that, but the ref needs to ensure that his team are on the ball.

Another one...the unchallenged drop ball for Brum which they then launched forward on an attack. I'll probably wake up thinking of another half dozen p1ss poor decisions.

We weren't great tonight, but I prefer to think of it as one of those nights...fluke goal, early injuries, nothing went our way and everything went theirs.
Ref on 22:29 - Oct 28 with 4414 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 22:19 - Oct 28 by KerryE

Deeney bumped/barged the ref after pen awarded.
Yellow?

I've looked at the law when ball hits ref, surely should have been a drop ball as it was a ''promising attack''

But, we lost fare and square

In fairness to the ref, he did look at Deeney very sternly.
Ref on 22:32 - Oct 28 with 4382 viewsstowmarketrange

Ref on 22:27 - Oct 28 by WatfordR

As I understand it, you've got to have both feet on the line when the ball is kicked, and his right foot is definitely off the line.

Of course, it's the lino who needs to be looking for that, but the ref needs to ensure that his team are on the ball.

Another one...the unchallenged drop ball for Brum which they then launched forward on an attack. I'll probably wake up thinking of another half dozen p1ss poor decisions.

We weren't great tonight, but I prefer to think of it as one of those nights...fluke goal, early injuries, nothing went our way and everything went theirs.

Just 1 foot now.
Ref on 22:39 - Oct 28 with 4295 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 22:32 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

Just 1 foot now.

Yep you're right. I guess that's a recent change. I'll take that one back.
Login to get fewer ads

Ref on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 4269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/the-ball-in-and-out-of-play/#:~:text=The%20b

"The ball is out of play when:

it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the air

play has been stopped by the referee

it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and:

a team starts a promising attack or

the ball goes directly into the goal or

the team in possession of the ball changes

In all these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball."

I think he'll argue that his touch of the ball didn't start a promising attack as they were already attacking and the team in possesion didn't change, so no drop-ball. I think that may well be correct. I also think that his touch didn't harm us in reality.

BUT, it's irrelevalent really as he should have blown for the foul on Balogun just before anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ref on 22:44 - Oct 28 with 4243 viewspaulparker

Another corrupt ref
He wanted them to win and they did

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ref on 22:51 - Oct 28 with 4183 viewsManinBlack

Ref on 22:23 - Oct 28 by ted_hendrix

The ref was poor, very poor no denying that but we were beaten within the first half hour.

We simply must be more 'street wise',

I'd Imagine most Championship Managers were at St Andrews tonight, well we've just carried out a training manual for Dean bloody Smith on how to beat us.

And that's what happened tonight, we got beat up

To be honest we got beat up at Luton as well so rather concerning we have lost 5-1 on aggregate in last two away games. We seem to be ok without Willock at home but not on our travels. I fear injuries we constantly pick up will scupper our chances this season. As for the penalty their keeper had seen Dykes last penalty recently and went the right way.
Ref on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 4156 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 22:42 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/the-ball-in-and-out-of-play/#:~:text=The%20b

"The ball is out of play when:

it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the air

play has been stopped by the referee

it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and:

a team starts a promising attack or

the ball goes directly into the goal or

the team in possession of the ball changes

In all these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball."

I think he'll argue that his touch of the ball didn't start a promising attack as they were already attacking and the team in possesion didn't change, so no drop-ball. I think that may well be correct. I also think that his touch didn't harm us in reality.

BUT, it's irrelevalent really as he should have blown for the foul on Balogun just before anyway.

I'm sure that's what he would argue Brian, but the Brum player's first touch is poor and the ball is bouncing away from him back towards the Brum half. The ref's touch allows the Brum player to immediately regain the ball and advance the attack.

The previous pass was played out of the Brum half, and with numbers of our lot behind the ball, I'm not sure that really constitutes a "promising attack". It didn't look to me there was anything promising until the ball ricocheted off the ref.

Over and above that, the rule is overly convoluted, Just make it

"The ball is out of play when the ball touches a match official in the field of play". It takes all the need for judgement of what a "promising attack" is.
Ref on 23:03 - Oct 28 with 4105 viewsdistortR

Ref on 22:56 - Oct 28 by WatfordR

I'm sure that's what he would argue Brian, but the Brum player's first touch is poor and the ball is bouncing away from him back towards the Brum half. The ref's touch allows the Brum player to immediately regain the ball and advance the attack.

The previous pass was played out of the Brum half, and with numbers of our lot behind the ball, I'm not sure that really constitutes a "promising attack". It didn't look to me there was anything promising until the ball ricocheted off the ref.

"The ball is out of play when the ball touches a match official in the field of play". It takes all the need for judgement of what a "promising attack" is.

yeah, just been talking to Brian about this, the bloke is heading to his left until the ref knocks it back. it is "a promising attack" after the ref's interference, it has to be a drop ball, imho.
As for not sending off Hannibal, ffs. As for Deeney.........maybe we shouldn't be so harsh, ref got bullied tonight, and so did we.

luton and this game, I'm kind of missing dom Ball in midfield!
Ref on 23:03 - Oct 28 with 4103 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ref on 22:56 - Oct 28 by WatfordR

I really can't make my mind up, Watford. But I'm not trying too hard either as we should have had a free anyway for the foul(s) on Balogun.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ref on 23:05 - Oct 28 with 4085 viewsaston_hoop

I've given up with refs I think. A lot of shit decisions this season, plenty in our favour too.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ref on 23:09 - Oct 28 with 4034 viewsstowmarketrange

Ref on 23:03 - Oct 28 by distortR

yeah, just been talking to Brian about this, the bloke is heading to his left until the ref knocks it back. it is "a promising attack" after the ref's interference, it has to be a drop ball, imho.
As for not sending off Hannibal, ffs. As for Deeney.........maybe we shouldn't be so harsh, ref got bullied tonight, and so did we.

Ipswich fans seem to be quite happy to have him in their team,although he hasn’t been fit enough to play too many games so far.
Ref on 23:11 - Oct 28 with 4016 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 23:05 - Oct 28 by aston_hoop

I've given up with refs I think. A lot of shit decisions this season, plenty in our favour too.

I'm kind of minded to feel that even with a decent ref, it was always going to be one of those nights. A fluke goal against and a missed penalty. But he's contributed one goal and allowed them a whole half with one more man than they should have had, it's equally kind of hard to imagine we wouldn't have got at least a draw if he'd done his job.
Ref on 23:15 - Oct 28 with 3999 viewsLblock

Ref on 23:03 - Oct 28 by distortR

Agree with you on the Dominator

Big Tim is a great player in waiting but, and I keep coming back to this, he’s not at Championship consistency level yet. For me he had three sublime moments tonight and that was it.
When the midfield was taking on water below the break line in first 20 mins I think he was totally missing. You cannot have that at this level.

He’s got bags of ability but very much at baby steps in his career I feel

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ref on 23:17 - Oct 28 with 3984 viewsWatfordR

Ref on 23:03 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I really can't make my mind up, Watford. But I'm not trying too hard either as we should have had a free anyway for the foul(s) on Balogun.

Just too many LOTG that require judgement. It would certainly benefit referees in my opinion if they didn't have to try and take into account issues that bring them to a decision "on balance". Laws need to be black or white, not shades of grey.
Ref on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 3961 viewsdistortR

Ref on 23:15 - Oct 28 by Lblock

Agree with you on the Dominator

Big Tim is a great player in waiting but, and I keep coming back to this, he’s not at Championship consistency level yet. For me he had three sublime moments tonight and that was it.
When the midfield was taking on water below the break line in first 20 mins I think he was totally missing. You cannot have that at this level.

He’s got bags of ability but very much at baby steps in his career I feel

I really like him, and he will play for England, but yeah, I didn't see him for the first twenty.
Field almost played as a third centre back tonight, meaning we had no muscle in midfield.
Ref on 23:21 - Oct 28 with 3950 viewsManinBlack

Not only did we blow it getting back to the top but so too Queens Park who were top but a very late Dundee leveller dropped them to third. A bad night both sides of the border for both Championship teams and me.

So dismayed by our showing in the first half I kept turning over to watch Morton on TV. At least those blue and white hoops won 4-0.
Ref on 23:25 - Oct 28 with 3912 viewsstowmarketrange

Ref on 23:21 - Oct 28 by ManinBlack

Not only did we blow it getting back to the top but so too Queens Park who were top but a very late Dundee leveller dropped them to third. A bad night both sides of the border for both Championship teams and me.

So dismayed by our showing in the first half I kept turning over to watch Morton on TV. At least those blue and white hoops won 4-0.

That’s some division isn’t it?6 out of the 10 teams in the division within 2 points of each other.
Ref on 23:42 - Oct 28 with 3815 viewsLazyFan

This performance and Luton showed why we need Willock so much. He always creates chances and took us 45 mins to get going in this game, by that time we were 2-0 down.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ref on 23:51 - Oct 28 with 3773 viewsMedwayR

Ref on 23:20 - Oct 28 by distortR

I really like him, and he will play for England, but yeah, I didn't see him for the first twenty.
Field almost played as a third centre back tonight, meaning we had no muscle in midfield.

I’m sure Beale told Field to drop deeper to split our CBs and push Paal & Laird further forward, it also allowed Balogun & Dickie to go forward. However, as you say it meant we lost some presence in CM.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ref on 00:11 - Oct 29 with 3682 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't agree the ref was as bad as some said. Annoying, but not going to lay blame about the minuscule touch he had on the ball before their second, Hannibal would have got that anyway; he gave us a pen, no pen for the accidental brush on Armstrong by a stud from Sanderson - that would have been a mad decision. Biggest one was Hannibal, who should have gone, but if Roberts had a bit more about him, he'd have gone first half: he jumped up, hands in the air, to stop a quick throw: had Roberts thrown it and let him block it, he was off. But even not sending him off after 53 mins doesn't excuse how slow we were out the blocks. Well played Eusty.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024