Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry’s second goal 13:34 - Nov 14 with 4684 viewsLadbrokeR

Ive watched it a couple of times - wasn’t it offside.
Coventry’s second goal on 13:39 - Nov 14 with 4109 viewsstowmarketrange

It was certainly close to being offside,but there was a handball earlier in the build up to the goal,and it was right in front of the ref.
Coventry’s second goal on 14:16 - Nov 14 with 3995 viewsNorthantsHoop

Clutching at straws, we can't even score an offside goal, even one at our beloved loft end.
Coventry’s second goal on 14:21 - Nov 14 with 3969 viewsWatford_Ranger

Coventry’s second goal on 13:39 - Nov 14 by stowmarketrange

It was certainly close to being offside,but there was a handball earlier in the build up to the goal,and it was right in front of the ref.

Ref turned his back for a second and missed it entirely
Coventry’s second goal on 14:38 - Nov 14 with 3923 viewsstevec

If it weren’t for referees I reckon we’d be top of the league with 63 points now, maybe even more.
Coventry’s second goal on 15:05 - Nov 14 with 3839 viewsLongsufferingR

No chance. Just bad defending. Clarke-Salter, whether injured or not, has to put in a bigger effort than that.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 15:06]
Coventry’s second goal on 15:27 - Nov 14 with 3770 viewsbosh67

I am not sure. Perhaps it was offside. In which case we lost 1-0.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Coventry’s second goal on 17:23 - Nov 14 with 3661 viewsderbyhoop

Coventry’s second goal on 15:05 - Nov 14 by LongsufferingR

No chance. Just bad defending. Clarke-Salter, whether injured or not, has to put in a bigger effort than that.

Agree with both.
Not offside and JCS didn't do his job

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Coventry’s second goal on 17:33 - Nov 14 with 3621 viewsWestonsuperR

Watching on a stream and I thought it was offside and fully expected it to be disallowed, as I’ve heard almost no mention since I can only assume it was onside.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry’s second goal on 18:21 - Nov 14 with 3539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wtached on the stream and thought it was off, but someone (can't remember who, sorry) on the Fred said it was on, and when the replay came it was clear that they were right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coventry’s second goal on 18:30 - Nov 14 with 3519 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree,

1st goal - Laird should put out for a corner, but kicks it off their Wingers shin, ball rebounds over to first Forward who slices his shot fortunately straight to Gyokeres who's first touch is'nt great but Clarke Salter just lies down in front of him and obvious and easy thing to do is side step him and shoot from 10 yards out, and still clipped the bar with it, 3 moments of luck in that goal,

2nd goal - Clarke Salter see Gyokeres step forward and makes no attempt to track back at all, just shocking lack of effort and desire, and then falls over injured after ball hits back of the net, if he could'nt run why did'nt he lie down and get the physio on before being replaced, just unacceptable. That lad is one to watch.
Coventry’s second goal on 22:11 - Nov 14 with 3290 viewsgazza1

Coventry’s second goal on 18:30 - Nov 14 by ParkRoyalR

Agree,

1st goal - Laird should put out for a corner, but kicks it off their Wingers shin, ball rebounds over to first Forward who slices his shot fortunately straight to Gyokeres who's first touch is'nt great but Clarke Salter just lies down in front of him and obvious and easy thing to do is side step him and shoot from 10 yards out, and still clipped the bar with it, 3 moments of luck in that goal,

2nd goal - Clarke Salter see Gyokeres step forward and makes no attempt to track back at all, just shocking lack of effort and desire, and then falls over injured after ball hits back of the net, if he could'nt run why did'nt he lie down and get the physio on before being replaced, just unacceptable. That lad is one to watch.

Harsh on Clark Salter he dived i to stop the expected shot..... they got lucky a few times in the attack but the CF took the goal well.

Harsh on Clark Salter for the second as well, he was injured on the wide left when the move started, he even put his hand up, and could not get back due to the injury or issue that he had. I did not see any offside at all.
Coventry’s second goal on 08:36 - Nov 15 with 3110 viewswombat

Coventry’s second goal on 22:11 - Nov 14 by gazza1

Harsh on Clark Salter he dived i to stop the expected shot..... they got lucky a few times in the attack but the CF took the goal well.

Harsh on Clark Salter for the second as well, he was injured on the wide left when the move started, he even put his hand up, and could not get back due to the injury or issue that he had. I did not see any offside at all.

we did learn one thing at cov, clarke slater isnt a left back , zero pace , not great tactially , , lay odds iff fit hes straight back for the burnely game with dunne being dropped again

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Coventry’s second goal on 11:17 - Nov 15 with 2966 viewsLoyalitat

This. Give me Barbet any day of the week over this sick note who gets picked all the time.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's earning more than Barbet ever received. Barbet gets smashed into the advertising hoarding V WBA last season sustaining a very nasty head injury, yet he still played on. From what I've seen of JCS, he appears to not have the stomach for the fight, which is the Championship.
Coventry’s second goal on 11:57 - Nov 15 with 2881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coventry’s second goal on 22:11 - Nov 14 by gazza1

I thought that the biggest problem in the box with the first goal is that Richards doesn't get goalside of Allen but just stands there doing nothing (0:32).

Because of this Dunne has to cover Allen when the ball comes across.

Because of that Dunne having to move JCS has to come to Gyokeres. And JCS's problems start with his poor starting position. He should have been touch-tight with Gyokeres, if he was he'd have stood a better chance of covering and either intercepting the ball or forcing Gyokeres to play backwards. Because he isn't touch-tight he then has to dive in and the rest is history.

But all traceable back to Richards. All very well marking space, but space doesn't score goals.

Edit - added link for goal.
https://www.skysports.com/football/coventry-city-vs-queens-park-rangers/report/4
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 12:14]

Coventry’s second goal on 12:47 - Nov 15 with 2802 viewsCamberleyR

Clarke-Salter in with a decent shout for November's Scapegoat of the Month.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Coventry’s second goal on 13:03 - Nov 15 with 2777 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coventry’s second goal on 12:47 - Nov 15 by CamberleyR

Clarke-Salter in with a decent shout for November's Scapegoat of the Month.

Yes, but does he deserve it?
Is he overrated?
Will he be fit enough to pick it up?
etc
etc

Coventry’s second goal on 13:58 - Nov 15 with 2637 viewsParkRoyalR

Coventry’s second goal on 13:03 - Nov 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, but does he deserve it?
Is he overrated?
Will he be fit enough to pick it up?
etc
etc

Imho, yes, if you compare his effort and desire to Paal's usual levels and Kakay's cameo in the last 10 minutes, he deserves singling out and criticism for a limp all round display, not positioning himself to receive the outball from Dunne throughout game, not providing the overlap on numerous occasions and for very weak defending for 1st goal and maybe was injured before 2nd but come on, I've played through double cramp and would have made more effort to get to my man than he did for that 2nd.

Just hope he improves and is what Beale believes him to be, a top rate Championship level defender.
Coventry’s second goal on 14:12 - Nov 15 with 2599 viewsNorthernr

I've been impressed with JCS so far, when he's been fit to play. But, and to be fair to him he's not a left back and was out of position, he was fcking dire on Saturday and partly culpable in both goals.
Coventry’s second goal on 14:38 - Nov 15 with 2527 viewsgazza1

Like it or not JCS is a decent player.....he got up the line in the early part of the match because the opportunities arose but overall he did not advance very much past the half way line for obvious reasons.

I also think that he may of been slightly out of position for the first goal but he dived in to stop the expected shot - again, many would have done that to make up ground.

As for the 2nd.....he was injured on the half way line when the attack started, he got back so far and could not make the final 5 yards. Harsh for him to be blamed for the goal.

And btw, not everyone has to rush around on the pitch to show that effort is being put in some play a little bit more measured.

#PS - Remember a player called Bobby Moore!!!!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 14:40]
Coventry’s second goal on 14:50 - Nov 15 with 2491 viewsParkRoyalR

Coventry’s second goal on 14:38 - Nov 15 by gazza1

Like it or not JCS is a decent player.....he got up the line in the early part of the match because the opportunities arose but overall he did not advance very much past the half way line for obvious reasons.

I also think that he may of been slightly out of position for the first goal but he dived in to stop the expected shot - again, many would have done that to make up ground.

As for the 2nd.....he was injured on the half way line when the attack started, he got back so far and could not make the final 5 yards. Harsh for him to be blamed for the goal.

And btw, not everyone has to rush around on the pitch to show that effort is being put in some play a little bit more measured.

#PS - Remember a player called Bobby Moore!!!!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 14:40]

As Northern said, he was fxxking dire on Saturday.
Coventry’s second goal on 16:31 - Nov 15 with 2339 viewsgazza1

Coventry’s second goal on 14:50 - Nov 15 by ParkRoyalR

As Northern said, he was fxxking dire on Saturday.

No worse than many of them!!!, including Dykes.
Coventry’s second goal on 16:59 - Nov 15 with 2298 viewsParkRoyalR

Coventry’s second goal on 16:31 - Nov 15 by gazza1

No worse than many of them!!!, including Dykes.

Now now Gazza
Coventry’s second goal on 17:00 - Nov 15 with 2291 viewsLblock

Coventry’s second goal on 14:12 - Nov 15 by Northernr

I've been impressed with JCS so far, when he's been fit to play. But, and to be fair to him he's not a left back and was out of position, he was fcking dire on Saturday and partly culpable in both goals.

You've not been impressed with him very often this season then?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Coventry’s second goal on 17:04 - Nov 15 with 2277 viewsLblock

This goal was miles on side and their man showed brilliant movement that our forwards could only dream of.

The breakdown did come in the middle of the park though and there was time for a peach of a ball to be played.

I agree with others here that if JustCrockedSteadfastly gets back into the middle at the expense of Dunne then there's summat not right!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Coventry’s second goal on 05:36 - Nov 16 with 2086 viewsLadbrokeR

Coventry’s second goal on 17:04 - Nov 15 by Lblock

This goal was miles on side and their man showed brilliant movement that our forwards could only dream of.

The breakdown did come in the middle of the park though and there was time for a peach of a ball to be played.

I agree with others here that if JustCrockedSteadfastly gets back into the middle at the expense of Dunne then there's summat not right!!!!

Miles really have you watched it. Point taken about movement we could only dream of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024