Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Famous QPR Fans 17:41 - Dec 2 with 49367 viewsQPRSteve

Couldn't find the old thread on this.

I popped over to WeAreTheRangersBoys to see what there take was on Beale and stumbled on what looks like a definitive list of famous R's fans"

Right then, I only went and done it! Below is the list of names that have been mentioned above. Certain names mentioned were patently ridiculous and debunked in subsequent posts, eg Hugh Grant. Some are stretching the definition of "famous" but I left them in. Others were too imprecise eg "the one out of Eternal" so I left them out too. The list was compiled over 6 years so some are now dead or their fame has waned but irrespective of that I think they count as Famous Rs.
SEVEN esteemed posters separately answered with "Me" so maybe Michael Gove is actually a regular on here?
Lastly, Take any queries to Google - I really have no idea who half of them are. I've just listed 'em from above.

Delon Armitage

Bill Bailey

John Barnes

Dave Bassett

David Bedford

Leon Best

Marc Bircham

Nicky Blackmarket

DJ Campbell

Chris Chataway

Danny Cipriani

Martin Clunes

Lee Cook

Victoria Coren

Giles Coren

Ferne Cotton

Michael Crawford

Peter Crouch

Pete Doherty

Wally Downes

Robert Elms

Dani Filth

Neal Foulds

Ashley Giles

Ian Gillan

Michael Gove

Mark Halsey

Konnie Huq

Tony Incenzo

Wendy James

Alan Johnson

Mick Jones

Matthew Kelly

Mark King

Phillip Lee

Glen Matlock

Amanda Mealing

Jonathan Morris

Alan Mullery

Mary Nightingale

Michael Nyman

Tim Peake

Stuart Pearce

Steve Perryman

Graham Poll

Vanessa Redgrave

Liam Ridgewell

Dennis Ross

Tony Selby

Robert Smith

Tommy Steele

Richard Stilgoe

The Duke of Westminster

Alex Tudor

Robbie Vincent

Michael Wale

Anthony Wall

Sean Walsh

Alan Wilder

Dennis Wise

The Duke of Westminster - Where were you when we were skint?
Tommy Steele, Tim Peake, Richard Stilgoe, Mary Nightingale, Vanessa Redgrave, Konnie Huq, all new to me.
Famous QPR Fans on 21:23 - Dec 4 with 4706 viewsdmm

Famous QPR Fans on 21:17 - Dec 4 by Noelmc

Or Pete Doherty ‘convert’ Kate Moss.

Famous QPR Fans on 21:50 - Dec 4 with 4619 viewspaulparker

Betty Boo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Famous QPR Fans on 00:08 - Dec 5 with 4519 viewsPunteR

Nick Black market. Jungle and DnB ledge.
Does music live streams from his studio with QPR memorabilia on his walls. All his family are big Rangers fans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Famous QPR Fans on 12:19 - Dec 5 with 4250 viewsNoelmc

Famous QPR Fans on 23:00 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Peter Blakesley, ex copper and detective of note.

Just talking on the The Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2 now (not about the R's).
Famous QPR Fans on 12:30 - Dec 5 with 4218 viewskernowhoop

Famous QPR Fans on 09:40 - Dec 4 by hubble

Vanessa Redgrave LOL - I doubt she even knows where we play. Toby Young is missing from that list, as is the gorgeous Xylo - there was a whole thread on her here recently.

Vanessa Redgrave was a fan in the 1970s.
Famous QPR Fans on 12:53 - Dec 5 with 4166 viewshubble

Famous QPR Fans on 12:30 - Dec 5 by kernowhoop

Vanessa Redgrave was a fan in the 1970s.

How do you know mate? I only ask, because old Nessie was an occasional visitor to our flat, along with her brother Corin, in the early 70s. My dear old mum, god bless her, along with my cousins (who were also actors), and the Redgrave siblings, were, at the time, members of the WRP and used to come over for meetings where they plotted to overthrow the system and replace it with a workers paradise. Or something. I was just a kid, but I still couldn't believe the crap they were talking, or that Vanessa could in any way represent the working class. She seemed about as far removed from the everyday concerns of normal life as I could imagine, and in no way would I have thought she'd be into football. But you never know. I certainly remember that she got my mum to drive her to Bristol once in our old mini van and didn't even offer her any money for petrol. So much for solidarity. Never liked her since.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Famous QPR Fans on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 4007 viewsdaveB

Famous QPR Fans on 17:55 - Dec 2 by MrSheen

Michael Gove? Status questionable.

I saw Gove after the Wigan game last month, I think his kids are QPR fans, he used to be Chelsea but started going about 10 years ago with his kids.

Matt Dickinson reporter from the Times is also QPR these days, again through his kids.
Famous QPR Fans on 15:21 - Dec 5 with 3984 viewsNorthernr

Famous QPR Fans on 23:00 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Peter Blakesley, ex copper and detective of note.

I went on the QPR Podcast with him once, absolute character, held court in the pub afterwards with some amazing stories. Legendary bloke.

I thought I could drink until I met him. He was matching my Peroni's stride for stride with bottles of red wine. Never seen anything like it. I was in a thousand pieces at the end of the night, still no idea how I got home, woke up on the living room floor in my coat and my shoes, he was just carrying on as if nothing had happened.
Login to get fewer ads

Famous QPR Fans on 15:25 - Dec 5 with 3966 viewsTheChef

Famous QPR Fans on 15:21 - Dec 5 by Northernr

I went on the QPR Podcast with him once, absolute character, held court in the pub afterwards with some amazing stories. Legendary bloke.

I thought I could drink until I met him. He was matching my Peroni's stride for stride with bottles of red wine. Never seen anything like it. I was in a thousand pieces at the end of the night, still no idea how I got home, woke up on the living room floor in my coat and my shoes, he was just carrying on as if nothing had happened.

Nice of you to take him home with you

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Famous QPR Fans on 15:32 - Dec 5 with 3955 viewsqpr1976

Famous QPR Fans on 21:55 - Dec 2 by numptydumpty

Fictional fans from 70s and 80s TV series

Terry Mccann (Dennis Waterman) from Minder

Eddie Hitler (Adrian Edmondson) from Bottom

Adrian Edmondson is/was a fan. Insisted on pictures on the wall in Bottom.
Confirmed to me by Rik Mayall at an Elvis Costello concert at Shepherds Bush Empire.

(I know, bloody name dropper !)
Famous QPR Fans on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 3951 viewsqpr1976

Famous QPR Fans on 11:34 - Dec 3 by collegeranger

Actor Colin Salmon was a season ticket holder near me 10+ years ago in SAR

Pretty sure Luton swear he’s one of theirs !
Famous QPR Fans on 15:59 - Dec 5 with 3915 viewsqpr1976

Famous QPR Fans on 21:50 - Dec 4 by paulparker

Betty Boo

Yes, Wendy James
Yes, Betty Boo
And now, the a young starlet/singer from around our way (and I think a relative of hers ran the Stan Bowles fan club, TBC), the rather lovely & talented Emily Capell.

YouTube, her version of Blondie’s (tenuous link) Rapture, she changes the rap bit lyrics to includes her ‘loves’, Superhoops around 3:30 ish. Great version tbf.
Famous QPR Fans on 17:01 - Dec 5 with 3817 viewsconnell10

Some one in Bastille and some one in White Lies .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Famous QPR Fans on 17:08 - Dec 5 with 3807 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In one of the SpyCop Scandal trials a undercover copper revealed the methods for staying sober while their mark gets pissed.

Just saying!
Famous QPR Fans on 20:38 - Dec 5 with 3680 viewssilverbirch

Just realised wendy James isn’t the one in Butterflies. Very disappointed that Wendy Craig probably isn’t a Ranger, after all.
Famous QPR Fans on 21:44 - Dec 5 with 3587 viewsRanger_Things

Famous QPR Fans on 12:04 - Dec 4 by SydneyRs

Louis Theroux and Dominic West from The Wire have both attended our games.

Many moons ago I was in the Wall of Sound box with amongst others Louie and Banksy. Neither are Rangers though, or at least they weren’t at the time.
Famous QPR Fans on 23:10 - Dec 5 with 3485 viewsHantsR

Denise Nolan had a season ticket in SAR and her seat was next to mine - never saw her though.

On an opposite note to this thread, I'm watching a re-run of 'The Singing Detective' and some may remember Michael Gambon trying to think of all things boring to try and suppress his libido when the nurse (Joanne Whalley) applied skin cream to his nether portions - along with 'Margaret Thatcher' one of the multiple words he uttered in despair was,(sadly) our favourite team.

He repeatedly failed to control himself.
Famous QPR Fans on 23:16 - Dec 5 with 3473 viewsthame_hoops

Ohhh. If I remember, rightly, on the podcast, he was quite an odd guest. He kept bringing up some strange cases that were not relevant to QPR.. Must’ve been four/five years ago?
Famous QPR Fans on 23:18 - Dec 5 with 3472 viewsnumptydumpty

Apparently there was a bloke called Beale that supported rangers Apparently but he can get a little confused.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Famous QPR Fans on 01:06 - Dec 6 with 3422 viewsCiderwithRsie

Famous QPR Fans on 23:10 - Dec 5 by HantsR

Denise Nolan had a season ticket in SAR and her seat was next to mine - never saw her though.

On an opposite note to this thread, I'm watching a re-run of 'The Singing Detective' and some may remember Michael Gambon trying to think of all things boring to try and suppress his libido when the nurse (Joanne Whalley) applied skin cream to his nether portions - along with 'Margaret Thatcher' one of the multiple words he uttered in despair was,(sadly) our favourite team.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't "our favourite team" that he mentioned, it was "football on a plastic pitch at QPR."
Famous QPR Fans on 07:26 - Dec 6 with 3305 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Have we forgotten the well-intentioned fan, but ultimately disasterous former owner, who arguably started the decent into which we have been stuck for several years: Chris Wright?

Of the fictional fans, Tim Healy played a QPR fan living in Oz and working as a detective. Why they had to get a Geordie I'll never know.

Ironically I had returned to Manchester after a QPR game and was at a party when Healy walked in. Luckily he was as phished as I was when I bowled over to him and roared, 'You Rssss!'

Actually a really nice lad and we spent an inordinate amount of time talking about the Toon/Rs 5-5 and when we beat them up there 2-1 in '93.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Famous QPR Fans on 07:31 - Dec 6 with 3301 viewsRs_Holy

Famous QPR Fans on 15:32 - Dec 5 by qpr1976

Adrian Edmondson is/was a fan. Insisted on pictures on the wall in Bottom.
Confirmed to me by Rik Mayall at an Elvis Costello concert at Shepherds Bush Empire.

(I know, bloody name dropper !)

Ade Admendson was a chelsea season ticket holder but now supports Exeter City? I vaguely remember Suggs mentioning once that they had season ticket next to eachother at the bridge. The Bottom thing was Edmondson taking the mick out of QPR.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7065545/ade-edmondson
Famous QPR Fans on 08:01 - Dec 6 with 3271 viewsRs_Holy

apologies if already mentioned but Chris Mepham, Kaveh Solhekol, and Giles Coren
Famous QPR Fans on 09:42 - Dec 6 with 3182 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Famous QPR Fans on 23:10 - Dec 5 by HantsR

It was Joanne Whalley administering the cream to be fair to him
Famous QPR Fans on 16:12 - Dec 6 with 3008 viewsQPRSteve

Sir Stanley Rous
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 16:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024