Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board hate? 19:16 - Jan 28 with 11117 views08olesen

Following the game today I have seen a lot of comments on here and twitter pushing to sack the board and I just dont get it at all.

They are not football experts- they defer to a Director of football to make the decisions on players and contracts (as they should). They put up the money each month to keep us afloat and have recently invested in a training ground etc.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for. People seem to have short memories and dont remember Flav and Bernie being involved in substitutions etc. Since Tony has stepped back, they have been much more reserved and sensible and they have absorbed the debt from the acknowledged errors of the prem era.

What is the perfect owner we want? what do you want them to do differently? Put us at financial risk by investing money over the FFP limit?

The only challenge I have is not sacking Les, but beyond that, it is Les' ship, they just fund it. I am not saying they are perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Board hate? on 19:30 - Jan 28 with 4873 viewsJuzzie

It’s the non-stop “he has to go” that-solves-everything school of thought but without any thought, epitomised by Damianhoops68 post…. first post in five years and exactly the same as his last post.
Five years!! The types that only comes on to moan.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:34]
Board hate? on 19:35 - Jan 28 with 4827 viewsessextaxiboy

As always hate is the wrong word IMO

I do think they are all a bit to cosy and secure. Les is a true legend here and elsewhere , his goalscoring record at the highest level speaks for itself .However he has no qualifications or experience at DOF level .No experience at managing people ,setting objectives , recruitment , contract negotiations .He has friends and
ex colleagues surrounding him so it seems like an old boys club that are too comfortable . .
Warburton knew it wasnt working and needed a shakeup and was allowed to work out his contract . Football has history of legends going back and failing . Hoos has a steady hand on the finances ,our work in the community is something we can be proud of . The football side seems rudderless with a stream of managers as the fall guys .
Board hate? on 19:36 - Jan 28 with 4814 viewsjohncharles

We could do SO MUCH WORSE.

Strong and stable my arse.

Board hate? on 20:04 - Jan 28 with 4665 viewsessextaxiboy

Board hate? on 19:36 - Jan 28 by johncharles

Regarding owners I agree we could do worse but Les is a director as well . The owners can't just keep on writing cheques for ever . Something has to give eventually.
Board hate? on 20:25 - Jan 28 with 4560 viewsManinBlack

Much bigger clubs fans have protested like Man Utd about their owners so we can too if desired. I was impressed with Tango and Cash and for their plans for us. They knew we needed a huge shake up and identified many problems within the club. They went about it the wrong way and so more fans were against them than for them.

Unfortunately we are now in a state of apathy with us frozen by ffp that we are scared of our own shadow. No money means you get tat and that is what we are stuck with on the pitch. No serious investment will restrict any growth. For many years we have been trapped in a maze. You get the occasional hope that we are possibly turning the corner only to come to another dead end.

We simply exist as a football club fulfilling our fixtures but in the grand scheme of football we are insignificant. We are a rest home for other clubs dross, grateful to receive players on the cheap because we can't afford to buy quality. Football reflects real life with the super rich and the rest of us struggling to make ends meet. QPR are an austerity football club having to cut costs like many of us.
Board hate? on 20:54 - Jan 28 with 4481 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Time for them to move on; they have no vision and have delegated the day-to-day running of the club to people without the experience or skills to do the job competently.

Yes, of course, we could get worse owners but we could also do a whole lot better. It's actually a boom time for London clubs - look how many are in the Premier League. And then look at us - no ambition, no plan and no accountability. Bhatia is a nepo baby puppet and Les is a former striking coach at Spurs; it's laughable.
Board hate? on 21:03 - Jan 28 with 4418 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 19:36 - Jan 28 by johncharles

How worse do you want to get ?
This board has been in control well over 11 years , out of that 11 we had one decent season the one where we spent a 100 million to get a fluky win in the play offs which consequently has set the club back 20 years
Poor recruitment
Poor managers
Poor decisions
Sacked the best manager we had in Warnock
The list goes on and on , the majority of the fans have Stockholm syndrome or just like getting shafted , the old fan base had the bollox to protest on more than one occasion against boards who did way less than the current losers
This club is on its backside , yet we shrug and applaud the likes of Brentford and Fulham who are light years a head of us now , totally embarrassing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 21:42 - Jan 28 with 4311 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 21:03 - Jan 28 by paulparker

This board has been in control well over 11 years , out of that 11 we had one decent season the one where we spent a 100 million to get a fluky win in the play offs which consequently has set the club back 20 years
Poor recruitment
Poor managers
Poor decisions
The list goes on and on , the majority of the fans have Stockholm syndrome or just like getting shafted , the old fan base had the bollox to protest on more than one occasion against boards who did way less than the current losers
This club is on its backside , yet we shrug and applaud the likes of Brentford and Fulham who are light years a head of us now , totally embarrassing

This board finance the club and stop it going out of business. They are also mid-way through the completion of a brand new training complex because they have aspirations to move the club forward.

Doesn't sound like much to protest about to me..
Login to get fewer ads

Board hate? on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 4296 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 21:03 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Poor recruitment
Poor managers
Poor decisions

I'm also not sure you can point the finger at the board for a losing mentality amongst the first team players, Let's face it, that is what your real gripe is, isn't it, but you've decided to lose any sense of proportion in analysing correctly what the actual problem is.
Board hate? on 21:50 - Jan 28 with 4264 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 21:45 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

I'm also not sure you can point the finger at the board for a losing mentality amongst the first team players, Let's face it, that is what your real gripe is, isn't it, but you've decided to lose any sense of proportion in analysing correctly what the actual problem is.

Can’t point the figure at the board !!!
They are the ones who have got us in this hole, under them we have lurched from one disaster after another
I’m all ears for you to tell me what the problem is here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Board hate? on 22:07 - Jan 28 with 4210 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 21:50 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Can’t point the figure at the board !!!
They are the ones who have got us in this hole, under them we have lurched from one disaster after another
I’m all ears for you to tell me what the problem is here

Simply this: our first team players don't deal with adversity well. There's a lack of leadership and not many are willing to take resposnibility and find an extra level of grit to support each other and dig each other out of a hole.
There's too much looking at the floor or pointing the finger at each other, or going missing during a game.
If you take the time to actually listen to what the manager said in his post-match interview, that was pretty much exactly what he said.
Now you can justifiably ask how the mentality has been allowed to deteriorate so badly after we were all told at the start of the season by the beer-bellied the mole-faced traitor that the spirit was great, and they all want to fight for each other and other such bollox, but as Clive has pointed out on umerous occasions over these last few months, I suspect tha blame for that lies both with the players for hiding their heads in the sand, and with the traitor himself, who had no regard for the damage he was doing to their trust and confidence in the "project" by flashing his tits at the first opportunity to get out.
You can bitch and moan about player recruitment all you like, but if players are coming in to a toxic atmosphere, it doesn't matter if you're Fatty Arbuckle or Lionel Messi, you have zero chance of success.
Board hate? on 22:12 - Jan 28 with 4178 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 22:07 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

Simply this: our first team players don't deal with adversity well. There's a lack of leadership and not many are willing to take resposnibility and find an extra level of grit to support each other and dig each other out of a hole.
There's too much looking at the floor or pointing the finger at each other, or going missing during a game.
If you take the time to actually listen to what the manager said in his post-match interview, that was pretty much exactly what he said.
Now you can justifiably ask how the mentality has been allowed to deteriorate so badly after we were all told at the start of the season by the beer-bellied the mole-faced traitor that the spirit was great, and they all want to fight for each other and other such bollox, but as Clive has pointed out on umerous occasions over these last few months, I suspect tha blame for that lies both with the players for hiding their heads in the sand, and with the traitor himself, who had no regard for the damage he was doing to their trust and confidence in the "project" by flashing his tits at the first opportunity to get out.
You can bitch and moan about player recruitment all you like, but if players are coming in to a toxic atmosphere, it doesn't matter if you're Fatty Arbuckle or Lionel Messi, you have zero chance of success.

Seriously are we using mick Beale as an excuse now ?
I grant you the players are equally to blame in all of this , they are cowards and gutless
But who buys them ? , who is the one who wasted the Eze money, who are the ones who bought in Sanderson and Hendrick on big wages , the ones who let Manning & BOS leave for a pittance but gave Nico and Kakay 4 year contracts
I could go on but I could be here all night , I long for the day when they all leave taking the DOF , Ramsey and the rest of the clique with them

Board hate? on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 4122 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 22:12 - Jan 28 by paulparker

I grant you the players are equally to blame in all of this , they are cowards and gutless
But who buys them ? , who is the one who wasted the Eze money, who are the ones who bought in Sanderson and Hendrick on big wages , the ones who let Manning & BOS leave for a pittance but gave Nico and Kakay 4 year contracts
I could go on but I could be here all night , I long for the day when they all leave taking the DOF , Ramsey and the rest of the clique with them

Again, as Clive has said repeatedly, the players are not talentless gimps! Its not that long since we were top of the table, FFS! And yes, I do think the traitor whose name I will not mention has a LOT to do with this.
Imagine you're Kenneth Paal, and you've left your pregnant girlfriend behind to come to a different country because you were sold a vison of playing in the Premier League in a sesaon or two, earning a fat sum and playing on the big stage - how would YOU feel if the guy who sold you that dream, said "Sorry Lads, but I lied to you when I said I was committed to you, and I'm going elsewhere because actaully its only me and my ego that I'm really interested in"? I suspect you'd be a tad upset, and wondering who you could really trust, and if it was actually worth hanging around any longer in a situation that is possibly now worse than the one you left behind..
Multiply that feeling by, say, 25 players, and you've got a major problem..
Board hate? on 22:30 - Jan 28 with 4087 viewsNortholt_Rs

Board hate? on 21:42 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

This board finance the club and stop it going out of business. They are also mid-way through the completion of a brand new training complex because they have aspirations to move the club forward.

Doesn't sound like much to protest about to me..

You’ve got to be kidding…. The club is a fkn shambles top to bottom.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Board hate? on 22:34 - Jan 28 with 4056 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 22:22 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

Again, as Clive has said repeatedly, the players are not talentless gimps! Its not that long since we were top of the table, FFS! And yes, I do think the traitor whose name I will not mention has a LOT to do with this.
Imagine you're Kenneth Paal, and you've left your pregnant girlfriend behind to come to a different country because you were sold a vison of playing in the Premier League in a sesaon or two, earning a fat sum and playing on the big stage - how would YOU feel if the guy who sold you that dream, said "Sorry Lads, but I lied to you when I said I was committed to you, and I'm going elsewhere because actaully its only me and my ego that I'm really interested in"? I suspect you'd be a tad upset, and wondering who you could really trust, and if it was actually worth hanging around any longer in a situation that is possibly now worse than the one you left behind..
Multiply that feeling by, say, 25 players, and you've got a major problem..

If Kenneth Paal thought we would be getting to the premier league then I’ve got an old Skoda I could sell him for 20 grand
All this we were top of the league stuff , it was about 11 games in FFS hardly the invincibles

Board hate? on 22:38 - Jan 28 with 4043 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 22:34 - Jan 28 by paulparker

If Kenneth Paal thought we would be getting to the premier league then I’ve got an old Skoda I could sell him for 20 grand
All this we were top of the league stuff , it was about 11 games in FFS hardly the invincibles

But we were still top! And if I'm wrong, then how else do you explain the form falling off a cliff edge at exactly the same time the it became obvious that the mole-faced w*nker was looking elsewhere...?
Board hate? on 22:48 - Jan 28 with 3992 viewspaulparker

Board hate? on 22:38 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

But we were still top! And if I'm wrong, then how else do you explain the form falling off a cliff edge at exactly the same time the it became obvious that the mole-faced w*nker was looking elsewhere...?

So what was last seasons excuse then ?
We were 3 points of Bournemouth with a game in hand and fell off the same cliff

Board hate? on 23:17 - Jan 28 with 3938 viewsE15Hoop

Board hate? on 22:48 - Jan 28 by paulparker

So what was last seasons excuse then ?
We were 3 points of Bournemouth with a game in hand and fell off the same cliff

Largely the same squad and largely the same issue, with the added element of a ridiculous number of injuries and a manager undermined by academy staff deliberately not supporting him in terms of making young players ready to play for the first team by training them to a different set of formations than the first team.
All coverd by Clive and West London Sport in great detail.
Board hate? on 23:20 - Jan 28 with 3929 viewsRangersw12

There has been a malaise around the clubs for years and that stems from the board

I've said this before non entity clubs like Brighton, Southampton, Fulham, Brentford and even fcking Luton are miles ahead of us it's embarrassing

Even in London we're only above Orient, Charlton and Wimbledon
Board hate? on 00:01 - Jan 29 with 3827 viewsPunteR

Board hate? on 23:20 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

There has been a malaise around the clubs for years and that stems from the board

I've said this before non entity clubs like Brighton, Southampton, Fulham, Brentford and even fcking Luton are miles ahead of us it's embarrassing

yep 100% its the board.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Board hate? on 00:11 - Jan 29 with 3796 viewsCateLeBonR

Board hate? on 23:20 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

I'm not sure any of the clubs you mentioned are miles ahead of us.

'Non entity clubs like Brighton, Southampton, Fulham, Brentford and even fcking Luton"

They are not miles ahead of us.
Board hate? on 00:18 - Jan 29 with 3751 viewsconnell10

Board hate? on 22:12 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Boil head Beale is exactly to blame for the clubs failure this season...if you can't see that then you are blind.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Board hate? on 00:23 - Jan 29 with 3735 viewsloftboy

If the board was to Jack then surely they will want their money back, only one way that will happen and it will involve houses on Loftus road.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Board hate? on 01:57 - Jan 29 with 3636 viewsPunteR

Board hate? on 00:11 - Jan 29 by CateLeBonR

I'm not sure any of the clubs you mentioned are miles ahead of us.

'Non entity clubs like Brighton, Southampton, Fulham, Brentford and even fcking Luton"

They are not miles ahead of us.

They are.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Board hate? on 06:33 - Jan 29 with 3530 viewsMelakaRanger

Board hate? on 20:04 - Jan 28 by essextaxiboy

Regarding owners I agree we could do worse but Les is a director as well . The owners can't just keep on writing cheques for ever . Something has to give eventually.

Indeed we could be so much worse.

Whatever you think about Tony/The Board and their major F ups during their first 3 years here, they have taken the finacial cost of their mistakes on the chin and they have paid out a lot their own money as a consequence. They have not 'engineered for the club to be running up this debt like some other club owners have.

They have, for many years now, been writing cheques for £2 million a month just to keep the club afloat. In effect they are paying all our players wages out of their own pockets.

The board have put people, they believe to be competent, in to the management of the club to run the club on their behalf.

The players we have had over the past 2 years have shown themselves to be more than able to play against all the top teams and win . They have been able to play consistently well to compete for a top 6 place on merit and this year top the table on merit too.

But as soon as something goes a bit wrong, they turn from a league winning team to a relegation team - and overnight too. They totally lose all energy, fight, cohesion, desire and play like a National League side. And this is not a 'one off' either.

The qustion(s) is/are: What on earth are these 'circumstances' that cause these chanages?

Is it one or two bad eggs in the changing room who can totally affect the whole team? Is it the higher management? Is it that the culture of QPR nowerdays is such that losing is acceptable and there are no consequences for a bad performance?

There must be one or two core issues at the club that need excising but what they are, I just do not know. If it were a 'normal' business the owners would get some "Experts" in the do a thorough investigation and then act on their report . Maybe thats whats needed? After all they cannot keep writing cheques for £2 million each month for ever.

As for the players. I've posted before that I think they are on the whole a bunch of hansomely paid indivduals who are on a cushey number. I am sure there are a few of them that care and genuinely strive to earn their keep and perform accordingly. They want QPR to win and hurt when we do not. But there are too many players that blow hot and cold, or simply dont try very hard, so I am equally sure there are a large number that bank their £5 Grand/£10 Grand or more every week and couldn't give two hoots about QPR the club or its fans.

This club has become too nice on the field. This club has become a club that accepts mediocrity. There should be consequences for continued poor performance just like there should be in the real world. For example, If a player on loan isn't performing, bench them or send them back. Send a message to players that continued lack of a satisfcatory performace will have direct consequences.

As I mentioned above. I think the owners should commission a root and branch investigation of the whole QPR business . Get some REAL Experts in to do this. And do it now. Give them 2 months to complete the review and once the season has ended, implement their recommendations. Be ruthless in what action is taken. No one should be immune from this, whatever their past reputation. This club needs major surgery or its heading towards League 2 sooner than we all think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024