Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Are We DOOMED....? 07:44 - Feb 1 with 9381 viewsDorse

Or what?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 20:09 - Feb 1 with 1956 viewsDejR_vu

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 10:37 - Feb 1 by headhoops

Not doomed and having consumed an Aldi bottle of wine this morning I am happily looking forward to the day we have our bright shiny new stadium and the half time entertainment is Lblock eating a hat. Probably not going to happen in my lifetime but then this is the QPR I love, Wembley 67, 81, Bobby Zamora day, I even recall winning in the FA Cup. Be brave Neil and give a few of our kids a run out - only way to find out if they can step up.

Feels like the owners have lost interest and given up, as have some of the players.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 20:11]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 1861 viewsHooping_Mad

If we see a light at the end of the tunnel I'm running for cover

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 21:18 - Feb 1 with 1807 viewsBushRanger82

Well, we have had a reall shit 2 and a bit months, and I have seen no indication that our present malaise is about to improve significantly, so, doomed might be still too early to confirm now, but if you come back to me in March, and we're still in the business of losing to all and sundry whilst playing with no pride at all, then we will be well and truly doomed.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 21:21 - Feb 1 with 1805 viewsHooping_Mad

When I were a lad Doom were all the rage, then I found Duke Nuke'm

One for the older gamer.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 22:30 - Feb 1 with 1720 viewsVancouverHoop

We should be fine...

... Provided Jojo returns, and we go to three at the back, preferably with Balogun in the middle (where is he anyway?) Roberts should pick up splinters for awhile – maybe for the rest of his loan. Give a few of the kids who've been doing well in our 'B' team some bench time with sub appearances where possible. Hire an assertiveness coach on a short term contract. We need to be so much more resilient. If we go a goal down our players have "Kick Me Again Please!" signs on their back instead of squad numbers. That must end.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 00:20 - Feb 2 with 1641 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m generally positive but I’ve got a really bad feeling about the rest of this season.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 10:12 - Feb 2 with 1461 viewsCamberleyR

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 11:51 - Feb 1 by vanrrrr

Stef back this weekend - makes a huge difference I think -this slump started around when he got hurt- hopefully his presence can get everyone back on track

I am so convinced that I have booked my Huddersfield train this morning- comeback starts Saturday!

This is very true. Up to the Birmingham game where he got injured we had won nine of the previous fifteen games and he played in eight of them (didn't come on vs Sheff U away). We've only won once since then and taken just eight points from thirty nine.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 15:12 - Feb 2 with 1331 viewsPinnerPaul

We're still favourites to win on Saturday - believe it or not.

Now the same price to go down as up - 30/1 in both cases if you're feeling wildly optimistic or totally pessimistic.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 16:04 - Feb 2 with 1302 viewsDannyPaddox

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 15:12 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

We're still favourites to win on Saturday - believe it or not.

Now the same price to go down as up - 30/1 in both cases if you're feeling wildly optimistic or totally pessimistic.

I’ve seen us at 40/1 to go down and I’m very tempted.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 16:51 - Feb 2 with 1253 viewsed_83

Completely agree with Clive and others that the rest of this season looks like it's going to be a long, depressing slog. Too many players who are disinterested, unfit, out of form or just not very good, plus a toxic cloud around the place following Beale's departure. I hope we see at least some improvement in effort and intensity levels, but that's about it.

Longer term there are also loads of questions around the club as a whole, where we're at with FFP, how we remain sustainable if we're not selling players for big money every few seasons, whether the youth team are producing the right players, and so on, but I do also see a couple of positives:

1. We've got enough points on the board for relegation to feel like a pretty remote risk. 17 games left, grind out 10 points from those somehow (which feels reasonable even in our current state) and it would take a very strange-looking table for us to go down.

2. They might be playing terribly at the moment, but our squad still has some very decent players in it Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Paal, Field, Chair, Willock, and Dykes are all solid Championship performers when they want to be. Clearly something's gone horribly wrong this season, but I remain hopeful that we can coax better performances out of at least some of them. It's not like they can be much worse.

3. Critchley is a decent manager, despite the absolute hospital pass he's been given by his mate Beale. Get to the summer and build a team with him in charge, and I think we'll see things improve dramatically.

4. This is contentious, but I generally trust our recruitment team to make sensible decisions and learn from their mistakes. Not every signing has come off, obviously, but we've had a particular run recently with substandard players coming to their end of their contracts / being released etc, which makes things feel more negative than they really are. In general, I think they're doing a pretty good job.

5. Senior pros losing form will leave more room for players like Sinclair Armstrong to get more game time this season, which could well work out better for us in the long run in bringing younger talent through.

6. Heston is going to be a huge improvement for the club as a whole, and will help with that youth to first team pathway, way into the future. Might take time for it to filter through to results on the pitch, but it's a big reason to be optimistic I think.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 16:53 - Feb 2 with 1250 viewsstanistheman

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 11:51 - Feb 1 by vanrrrr

Stef back this weekend - makes a huge difference I think -this slump started around when he got hurt- hopefully his presence can get everyone back on track

I am so convinced that I have booked my Huddersfield train this morning- comeback starts Saturday!

It’s true that is when the slump started. I noticed the 2nd half performance at home to Wigan after Johansen was replaced by Dozzell? and they dominated the midfield as we hung on.

Hopefully he will bring some calmness back to the team and we can pick up a few more wins.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 1185 viewsPinnerPaul

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 16:04 - Feb 2 by DannyPaddox

I’ve seen us at 40/1 to go down and I’m very tempted.

Even as a happy clapper that does seem a big price.

Its the mathematics I guess - as someone said, carry on as we are and we will still get to 48 points which isn't a shoo in for relegation by any means.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 19:51 - Feb 2 with 1137 viewsManinBlack

I noticed comments along the lines that a scrappy win could get us out of this malaise. We did that at Preston and it has made no difference to our poor form. When spring arrives we may emerge from hibernation. I think we did enough early season to keep our heads above the water for this campaign.

I am more troubled about next season in that if we have no good runs like in the last two seasons then a whole season of being crap will send us down.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 06:05 - Feb 3 with 1051 viewsQPROslo

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 10:12 - Feb 2 by CamberleyR

This is very true. Up to the Birmingham game where he got injured we had won nine of the previous fifteen games and he played in eight of them (didn't come on vs Sheff U away). We've only won once since then and taken just eight points from thirty nine.

What are those stats for Balogun? I guess they are similar. We really need him back from his Injury soon to guide and organise our defensive play. Dickie and Dunne isn't working too well.
So, Are We DOOMED....? on 22:25 - Feb 3 with 880 viewsCamberleyR

So, Are We DOOMED....? on 06:05 - Feb 3 by QPROslo

What are those stats for Balogun? I guess they are similar. We really need him back from his Injury soon to guide and organise our defensive play. Dickie and Dunne isn't working too well.

Balogun played in five of those nine wins.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024