Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre backs 17:29 - Feb 25 with 6906 viewstraininvain

Hopefully Ainsworth will have seen enough today to realise that a centre back partnership of Dunne and Dickie will likely get us relegated. They’re too slow, making too many mistakes every game and barely communicate with one another.

It’s been the same story over the last few months and I’m surprised Critchley didn’t move to a back three with wing backs. Either that or we need JCS and / or Balogun back quickly but I wouldn’t hold my breath on either of them.

Centre backs on 17:51 - Feb 25 with 5075 viewsOldPedro

But that's the problem - not enough fit centrebacks unless he gives Gubbins a go or unless Laird is fit to play RB and then move Ossie to CB

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Centre backs on 18:00 - Feb 25 with 4977 viewssdm1508

I know they are all playing crap at the moment but the form drop if Dickie is alarming. The way he gets bullied on and off the ball always wound me up but he always had good distribution. That has gone out the window too. The amount of careless lazy passed today from him but just seeming bit to actually give a shit. I was looking for him on the 3rd goal. Dunne going to cover the near post and Dickie laying on the floor cos there was a strong gust of wind
Centre backs on 18:01 - Feb 25 with 4964 viewsaston_hoop

I think watching that Ainsworth realises he is going to have to try a bit of horrible negative defensive football for a bit to try and stop teams carving us apart so easily. Plus a few points will all but guarantee our survival. We simply cannot play that back 4 again. It feels cruel to throw Gubbins into this team but also its probably time to find out if he will sink or swim. Otherwise its waiting for Laird to be fit or moving Field back. I'd be hesitant to move Field though as he's the only one any good at the moment in his current role.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Centre backs on 18:03 - Feb 25 with 4942 viewstraininvain

Centre backs on 17:51 - Feb 25 by OldPedro

But that's the problem - not enough fit centrebacks unless he gives Gubbins a go or unless Laird is fit to play RB and then move Ossie to CB

Critchley had plenty of opportunities to shift Kakay to a back three and play Laird as a wing back.

The situation is desperate and without Laird I’d be minded to play Adomah as a wing back or Gubbins in a back three and Kakay as a wing back.

Basically, something has to change in defence as Dickie and Dunne isn’t working and hasn’t been for some time.
Centre backs on 18:27 - Feb 25 with 4744 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yep Dickie looks as devoid of confidence as any player i’ve ever seen.
How we miss Barbet.
Where the f is Balogun too? He’d make a huge difference.

Bare bones.

Centre backs on 18:32 - Feb 25 with 4701 viewskropotkin41

I suppose we should expect some pretty big changes before next Saturday. You'd think the amount of times we comceded 3 precludes tinkering.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Centre backs on 18:33 - Feb 25 with 4682 viewstraininvain

Centre backs on 18:27 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

Yep Dickie looks as devoid of confidence as any player i’ve ever seen.
How we miss Barbet.
Where the f is Balogun too? He’d make a huge difference.

It probably doesn’t help that Dickie and Dunne look they can’t stand the sight of each other.

The Balogun situation is a disgrace. He’s clearly taking the club for a ride. Can’t believe he’s still getting paid.
Centre backs on 20:12 - Feb 25 with 4372 viewsBillericayR

What did Masterson do wrong when he played a couple of years back? See Gillingham have hit form since he arrived. I know it is two divisions below but he helped us out with Warbs and is always in demand from other clubs as a loanee.
Login to get fewer ads

Centre backs on 20:20 - Feb 25 with 4326 viewsDejR_vu

Dickie is a microcosm of the team. How he can go from what he was at the beginning of last season to what he is now takes some doing. We’re never tight at the back but we concede for fun when he’s playing. He’s an absolute liability in a team of liabilities
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 20:22]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Centre backs on 21:02 - Feb 25 with 4155 viewsBklynRanger

Centre backs on 20:20 - Feb 25 by DejR_vu

Dickie is a microcosm of the team. How he can go from what he was at the beginning of last season to what he is now takes some doing. We’re never tight at the back but we concede for fun when he’s playing. He’s an absolute liability in a team of liabilities
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 20:22]

I'd agree with that unfortunately.

There's not really a big enough font for this but IF we could defend I thought there were enough positives to get a stabilising point anyway.

Tim was in that forward position where he's less of a liability and can cause problems.

Field and Stef behind and central made sense, and I thought Sam had a decent game.

Kakay was superb but tired in the latter third. That first half though he was exactly what we want him to be.

Jimmy Dunne worked hard all afternoon and was constantly trying to get the ball forward one way or another - I don't see him getting dropped.

There are obvious glaring weaknesses that I won't bother with for now, all been said over the last few weeks. But if we can do some of what started to show today and, ffs, defend we may have a chance.
Centre backs on 21:08 - Feb 25 with 4115 viewsLanhoop

Think we'll find that Dunne is an Ainsworth player. And Dickie isn't.
Centre backs on 21:21 - Feb 25 with 4032 viewsted_hendrix

We'll be saying the same thing next week after Rotherhams third goal sails into the back of our net of It's own free will.

F uck me In the last three games we've conceded 3 goals per game (twice at home) for crying out loud.

HELLO fuc king wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing absolutely nothing good can be said about today's performance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Centre backs on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 4028 viewsbaz_qpr

Last 10 minutes he put Field into left centre back and went 3 at the back. I think we will start that way next game. As good as Kakay was going forward today he was diabolical defensively as was Dickie, the pair of them are costing us at least a goal a game.
Centre backs on 21:25 - Feb 25 with 4010 viewsGaxZE

Centre backs on 21:08 - Feb 25 by Lanhoop

Dickie should be though. I think he's the right sided Barbet. Shocking in a back four but decent in a back 3.
Centre backs on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 3959 viewsDamo1962

Centre backs on 21:22 - Feb 25 by baz_qpr

Last 10 minutes he put Field into left centre back and went 3 at the back. I think we will start that way next game. As good as Kakay was going forward today he was diabolical defensively as was Dickie, the pair of them are costing us at least a goal a game.

Whole defence is shambles. It must affect the rest of the side knowing the oppo can score at will.
Centre backs on 22:37 - Feb 25 with 3797 viewsstanistheman

Centre backs on 20:12 - Feb 25 by BillericayR

What did Masterson do wrong when he played a couple of years back? See Gillingham have hit form since he arrived. I know it is two divisions below but he helped us out with Warbs and is always in demand from other clubs as a loanee.

Stupid decision to loan him out when Balogun disappeared and Glass Salter’s injury issues this season.

Gubbins or Kakay in a back 3 and wing backs. And ugly defensive and more direct football with crosses for Martin.
Centre backs on 23:29 - Feb 25 with 3651 viewsParkRoyalR

Centre backs on 21:22 - Feb 25 by baz_qpr

Let's hope so, Kakay was so willing today when others were hiding, excellent going forward but positionally poor for 3rd and Blackburn almost seemed to target him like cross field ball for the 1st,

Dickie was running away from Dunne with his head down and back turned so he couldn't take the ball in 2nd Half today, his confidence seems shot.
Centre backs on 23:35 - Feb 25 with 3642 viewsterryb

Centre backs on 23:29 - Feb 25 by ParkRoyalR

Let's hope so, Kakay was so willing today when others were hiding, excellent going forward but positionally poor for 3rd and Blackburn almost seemed to target him like cross field ball for the 1st,

Dickie was running away from Dunne with his head down and back turned so he couldn't take the ball in 2nd Half today, his confidence seems shot.

Positionally poor for the third?

What was poor for the third was Paal & at least one other, maybe two others, being waltzed past by the attacker & sliding the ball across the goalmouth for a tap in.

The ball passing a static goalkeeper & two static centre halves before being turned in. These were the problems!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 23:37]
Centre backs on 23:40 - Feb 25 with 3619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Dunne was good today. In front of his man, drove forward, tried to force the issue always. He was possibly instructed to play it long down the wing, with varying results. That looked new to me. But he lookeed a general to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Centre backs on 23:41 - Feb 25 with 3602 viewsParkRoyalR

Centre backs on 23:35 - Feb 25 by terryb

Positionally poor for the third?

What was poor for the third was Paal & at least one other, maybe two others, being waltzed past by the attacker & sliding the ball across the goalmouth for a tap in.

The ball passing a static goalkeeper & two static centre halves before being turned in. These were the problems!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 23:37]

Agree the player should not have been allowed to beat two players and get to the bye-line, but Kakay was positionally all over the place and doubling up on Dickie's man when he should have been covering the back-post.

Didn't think there was too much wrong with Dieng, Dunne or Dickie's positioning when watching live.
Centre backs on 02:11 - Feb 26 with 3425 viewsVancouverHoop

Centre backs on 23:41 - Feb 25 by ParkRoyalR

Agree the player should not have been allowed to beat two players and get to the bye-line, but Kakay was positionally all over the place and doubling up on Dickie's man when he should have been covering the back-post.

Didn't think there was too much wrong with Dieng, Dunne or Dickie's positioning when watching live.

Agreed. Kakay was MoM without a doubt, but he gets dragged out of position mainly by trying to cover too much ground. Dickie has, unfortunately, become pretty much immobile. It seems to me that's the major contributor to our defensive decline. Dunne, Field and especially Kakay, are trying to cover for him too often. Something's wrong. He's far from the player he was in the past, even at the beginning of this season.

Kakay OTOH has really matured during this wretched period. He's probably the only, now regular, squad member to do so. Which speaks volumes for his character and desire. Particularly when compared to some of our, supposedly, more talented players.
Centre backs on 07:09 - Feb 26 with 3232 viewsHunterhoop

Centre backs on 02:11 - Feb 26 by VancouverHoop

Agreed. Kakay was MoM without a doubt, but he gets dragged out of position mainly by trying to cover too much ground. Dickie has, unfortunately, become pretty much immobile. It seems to me that's the major contributor to our defensive decline. Dunne, Field and especially Kakay, are trying to cover for him too often. Something's wrong. He's far from the player he was in the past, even at the beginning of this season.

Kakay OTOH has really matured during this wretched period. He's probably the only, now regular, squad member to do so. Which speaks volumes for his character and desire. Particularly when compared to some of our, supposedly, more talented players.

Excellent post.
Centre backs on 07:24 - Feb 26 with 3184 viewsQPROslo

Centre backs on 20:12 - Feb 25 by BillericayR

I guess we can't call Masterson back from loan? I think we should if we can. I agree we'd be better with a back 3 of half decent CB's, especially if Balogun were to miraculously re-appear, but while Kakay often does well going forward like yesterday, be makes too many definsive errors for me. Wouldn't feel safe with him in a back 2 or 3, or to honest at RB either. I reckon RWB with 3 at the back is his best position.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 7:30]
Centre backs on 07:46 - Feb 26 with 3135 viewsDejR_vu

Centre backs on 23:40 - Feb 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Dunne was good today. In front of his man, drove forward, tried to force the issue always. He was possibly instructed to play it long down the wing, with varying results. That looked new to me. But he lookeed a general to me.

If we had 11 players with the heart and attitude of Jimmy Dunne, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Centre backs on 09:18 - Feb 26 with 2982 viewsPaddyhoops

Centre backs on 21:08 - Feb 25 by Lanhoop

Probably right but Jimmy was as a bad as Dickie yesterday. I’m sure there were in a competition to see who could be more shit than the other.
They were awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024