Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre backs 17:29 - Feb 25 with 7145 viewstraininvain

Hopefully Ainsworth will have seen enough today to realise that a centre back partnership of Dunne and Dickie will likely get us relegated. They’re too slow, making too many mistakes every game and barely communicate with one another.

It’s been the same story over the last few months and I’m surprised Critchley didn’t move to a back three with wing backs. Either that or we need JCS and / or Balogun back quickly but I wouldn’t hold my breath on either of them.

Centre backs on 10:03 - Feb 26 with 1666 viewsdaveB

he's got to go to a back 3 next week, especially with Chair out now. We are so easy to score against
Centre backs on 10:43 - Feb 26 with 1553 viewsParkRoyalR

Centre backs on 09:18 - Feb 26 by Paddyhoops

Probably right but Jimmy was as a bad as Dickie yesterday. I’m sure there were in a competition to see who could be more shit than the other.
They were awful.

Totally disagree here, Dickie is open to criticism as went hiding in the 2nd Half and didn't give Dunne an out-ball on a few occasions, when you see that in a player and in a team you know you're in big trouble,

Arguably the CB's were not at fault for any of the goals as 1st) Deflection 2) Superb Pass 3) Difficult to cover every option from a cut-back when winger has left two of ours for dust on the bye-line.

Kakay was my MOTM yesterday as was brave as and never hid, despite being at fault for the 3rd and maybe should have got tighter quicker for the 1st,

Dickie and Dozzell were two stand-outs for me who went MIA in that 2nd Half, Dunne didn't.
Centre backs on 10:47 - Feb 26 with 1551 viewsozexile

Centre backs on 10:43 - Feb 26 by ParkRoyalR

Totally disagree here, Dickie is open to criticism as went hiding in the 2nd Half and didn't give Dunne an out-ball on a few occasions, when you see that in a player and in a team you know you're in big trouble,

Arguably the CB's were not at fault for any of the goals as 1st) Deflection 2) Superb Pass 3) Difficult to cover every option from a cut-back when winger has left two of ours for dust on the bye-line.

Kakay was my MOTM yesterday as was brave as and never hid, despite being at fault for the 3rd and maybe should have got tighter quicker for the 1st,

Dickie and Dozzell were two stand-outs for me who went MIA in that 2nd Half, Dunne didn't.

Dunne didn't hide at all but why are our centre backs constantly with the ball. Dunne was doing the job of a Central midfielder most of the time.
Centre backs on 11:21 - Feb 26 with 1508 viewsnix

Centre backs on 18:27 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

Yep Dickie looks as devoid of confidence as any player i’ve ever seen.
How we miss Barbet.
Where the f is Balogun too? He’d make a huge difference.

I agree about the lack of confidence. He used to cover for the other centre back or the fullback as required. Now they are having to cover for him or he's just left flapping. It's worrying how far he's declined.
Centre backs on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 1448 viewsQPunkR

Dickie has been abysmal this season. Not only a liability but so mentally fragile. I really don’t rate Masterson but if he were back at the Club right now I’d say bring him in for Dickie - he really needs to be dropped but we don’t have any alternatives sadly

QPR - "shit but local"

Centre backs on 12:54 - Feb 26 with 1357 viewsgolborne

Centre backs on 21:02 - Feb 25 by BklynRanger

I'd agree with that unfortunately.

There's not really a big enough font for this but IF we could defend I thought there were enough positives to get a stabilising point anyway.

Tim was in that forward position where he's less of a liability and can cause problems.

Field and Stef behind and central made sense, and I thought Sam had a decent game.

Kakay was superb but tired in the latter third. That first half though he was exactly what we want him to be.

Jimmy Dunne worked hard all afternoon and was constantly trying to get the ball forward one way or another - I don't see him getting dropped.

There are obvious glaring weaknesses that I won't bother with for now, all been said over the last few weeks. But if we can do some of what started to show today and, ffs, defend we may have a chance.

As painful as it will be, you need to take another look at the 2nd goal. Watch the player Kakay was marking, as he strolls away and scores. He tried to blame Dickie, but Dunne, I think, gave him what for. They targeted Kakay from the off and he should have been out to his man quicker for the first. He made a couple of decent runs, but was yet again woeful defensively. As he was against Sunderland against the basics of movement in the box.

Without the ball Dickie is a poor defender. Warbs eventually admitted it and switched to a back 3 on the eve of him getting sacked. Remember Les and Hoos up in the stands over Xmas on Sky..next game we went to a 3 4 3. Bright played wide as the wing back, and Albert did it plenty of times last season.

But it wasn’t just those two - look at Dunnes positioning for the third. He allowed that fella the easiest of passes to slide it across the front of goal. He needed to block that angle off first and foremost. I know it comes from the other pair getting in each others way with one half heartedly putting a leg out, but it was poor from Dunne.
Centre backs on 13:07 - Feb 26 with 1314 viewsParkRoyalR

Centre backs on 12:54 - Feb 26 by golborne

As painful as it will be, you need to take another look at the 2nd goal. Watch the player Kakay was marking, as he strolls away and scores. He tried to blame Dickie, but Dunne, I think, gave him what for. They targeted Kakay from the off and he should have been out to his man quicker for the first. He made a couple of decent runs, but was yet again woeful defensively. As he was against Sunderland against the basics of movement in the box.

Without the ball Dickie is a poor defender. Warbs eventually admitted it and switched to a back 3 on the eve of him getting sacked. Remember Les and Hoos up in the stands over Xmas on Sky..next game we went to a 3 4 3. Bright played wide as the wing back, and Albert did it plenty of times last season.

But it wasn’t just those two - look at Dunnes positioning for the third. He allowed that fella the easiest of passes to slide it across the front of goal. He needed to block that angle off first and foremost. I know it comes from the other pair getting in each others way with one half heartedly putting a leg out, but it was poor from Dunne.

I'd agree with your analysis, havnt watched back yet but Dunne had a lot of space to close down and had to make 1 of 3 decisions, firstly block easy cut back to penalty spot, secondly stop the shot and thirdly block the cross across the 3yard line where you're hoping you're keeper and right-back are covering,

Only positive from yesterday was Ainsworth finished game with my preferred and our only 3 available CB's - Field, Dunne + Dickie.

These 3 with Paal and Kakay can give us a platform to tighten up at the back and bring the ball through the thirds, other big issue now is no Willock, Chair or Dykes.
Centre backs on 13:11 - Feb 26 with 1314 viewsmart_Goblin

Went into a bit of Neville/Carragher slow run through of the 3 goals from yesterday with my wife this morning 😂😂😂😂…but god almighty it’s excruciatingly bad.
Yes the guy runs off of Kakay for the second goal. He is supposed to go with him a certain distance …then pass him on to Dickie. He doesn’t do it …Dickie is completely unaware of what’s around him which is criminal and he runs off of the back of him too …but the worst of all is Dunne’s positioning for that goal . He is miles away and moving LEFT away from the ball when the move is in progress.
If you can just pause the play and look at the gap between Dunne and Dickie …..it’s so bad it’s beyond belief. We were taught at 12 and 13 that the back 4 has to play like you are all on a bit of string and when one moves you all move in the same direction . My god!!!

All 3 goals have so much wrong with them the analyst will be on double time for weeks !!!!

Those 2 can’t continue together . Even if you play Gubbins in between…it fills a hole in between them that they can’t seem to fill.
Criminal .
Login to get fewer ads

Centre backs on 13:18 - Feb 26 with 1299 viewsHooping_Mad

Looked to me like Kakay had 3 men round him for their second goal and the runner headed straight for Rob. It's not school boy foot ball if he had tracked him then there were 2 Blackburn player over who needed to me marked as well. It's Dickie screw up and he tried to blame someone else.

Blaming others for your screw ups is why I don't think Dunne likes playing with him very much, and I am getting tired of it as well.

Rob shat himself and invested more energy blaming Kakay than stopping a very league 1 standard Smodiczs run past him. He should be ashamed.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Centre backs on 13:44 - Feb 26 with 1252 viewsmart_Goblin

Centre backs on 13:18 - Feb 26 by Hooping_Mad

Looked to me like Kakay had 3 men round him for their second goal and the runner headed straight for Rob. It's not school boy foot ball if he had tracked him then there were 2 Blackburn player over who needed to me marked as well. It's Dickie screw up and he tried to blame someone else.

Blaming others for your screw ups is why I don't think Dunne likes playing with him very much, and I am getting tired of it as well.

Rob shat himself and invested more energy blaming Kakay than stopping a very league 1 standard Smodiczs run past him. He should be ashamed.

Yes. It’s what I was saying in the post above . Kakay can’t just run away from the ball.

Would also like to point out that Johansen and Tim are no where to be seen for that second goal. It’s Lowe doing the ‘defending’
Centre backs on 14:15 - Feb 26 with 1167 viewsBklynRanger

Centre backs on 12:54 - Feb 26 by golborne

Fair enough I will have another look - once I can bring myself to.

From where I was it looked like Ossy had probably been beaten a bit too easily granted, but there are so many issues across that defence at the minute which need sorted out.

I wouldn't say he was woeful defensively yesterday though - thought he worked hard getting back and had more belief and skill going forward than he has for a while. Their No. 10 had huge amounts of space but I put that down more to instructions and issues about who was picking up who. Massive amount of stuff for Ainsworth and co. to work on that's for sure.
Centre backs on 14:48 - Feb 26 with 1114 viewsBerkoRanger

Centre backs on 10:03 - Feb 26 by daveB

he's got to go to a back 3 next week, especially with Chair out now. We are so easy to score against

Absolutely agree with you, DaveB.
I think Gareth has to concentrate on parking the bus across the defence in the coming weeks with a back 5 or 6, bypassing the midfield and two upfront to try and secure 2 or 3 clean sheets before anything else.
Centre backs on 15:30 - Feb 26 with 1039 viewstraininvain

Centre backs on 10:43 - Feb 26 by ParkRoyalR

Dunne isn’t blameless playing as a centre back in a defence regularly conceding three goals a game. Granted, Dickie’s probably been the worse of the two but they’re both making mistakes and costing the team soft goals.

To be honest I don’t think either of them are poor defenders but it’s been obvious for months that they’re not an effective centre back partnership.
Centre backs on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 991 viewsDejR_vu

Centre backs on 10:03 - Feb 26 by daveB

100%. Gubbins in alongside.

The team pretty much picks itself at the moment, fit and you’re in. Looking down the squad there’s almost no realistic alternatives

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Centre backs on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 900 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Centre backs on 14:48 - Feb 26 by BerkoRanger

Absolutely agree with you, DaveB.
I think Gareth has to concentrate on parking the bus across the defence in the coming weeks with a back 5 or 6, bypassing the midfield and two upfront to try and secure 2 or 3 clean sheets before anything else.

This. I remember an interview Gerry Francis gave when he'd just taken over from Howe, he said the first thing to do is fix the defence and stop it leaking. We'll worry about the rest of it once that's sorted. He did it too.

A couple of successive 0-0's will do in the short term by whatever means necessary.
Centre backs on 16:49 - Feb 26 with 865 viewsPinnerPaul

Centre backs on 18:01 - Feb 25 by aston_hoop

I think watching that Ainsworth realises he is going to have to try a bit of horrible negative defensive football for a bit to try and stop teams carving us apart so easily. Plus a few points will all but guarantee our survival. We simply cannot play that back 4 again. It feels cruel to throw Gubbins into this team but also its probably time to find out if he will sink or swim. Otherwise its waiting for Laird to be fit or moving Field back. I'd be hesitant to move Field though as he's the only one any good at the moment in his current role.

I'm not having Ozzie lumped in there.

Low bar but he was our best player and one of his best games for us full stop yesterday.
Centre backs on 16:51 - Feb 26 with 864 viewsPinnerPaul

Centre backs on 20:12 - Feb 25 by BillericayR

What did Masterson do wrong when he played a couple of years back? See Gillingham have hit form since he arrived. I know it is two divisions below but he helped us out with Warbs and is always in demand from other clubs as a loanee.

As some fans on here who follow Gills told us - they hit form after a takeover and buying two strikers!
Centre backs on 16:52 - Feb 26 with 851 viewsPinnerPaul

Centre backs on 21:21 - Feb 25 by ted_hendrix

We'll be saying the same thing next week after Rotherhams third goal sails into the back of our net of It's own free will.

F uck me In the last three games we've conceded 3 goals per game (twice at home) for crying out loud.

HELLO fuc king wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing absolutely nothing good can be said about today's performance.

Osman Kakay and we scored at the loft end?

its not much but its a start?
Centre backs on 16:53 - Feb 26 with 841 viewsaston_hoop

Centre backs on 16:49 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Low bar but he was our best player and one of his best games for us full stop yesterday.

He was good going forward for a team who scored once and poor at the back for a team who conceded three so he has to be lumped in there. I'm not saying drop him, far from it. I'd be starting him for certain, but we can't set up that way again, 3 at the back with Kakay as one of the three or RWB depending on the availability of Laird

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Centre backs on 16:58 - Feb 26 with 815 viewsPinnerPaul

Centre backs on 16:53 - Feb 26 by aston_hoop

He was good going forward for a team who scored once and poor at the back for a team who conceded three so he has to be lumped in there. I'm not saying drop him, far from it. I'd be starting him for certain, but we can't set up that way again, 3 at the back with Kakay as one of the three or RWB depending on the availability of Laird

Fair enough, can't bear to watch the goals back so only seen once live and sounds like he did have some liability for the 2nd at least.
Centre backs on 18:23 - Feb 26 with 740 viewsbaz_qpr

Centre backs on 16:49 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

I think you should watch the goals back. He was great going going forwards yes, but defensively had a hand in all 3 of their goals
Centre backs on 19:40 - Feb 26 with 684 viewsOldPedro

Centre backs on 18:23 - Feb 26 by baz_qpr

I think you should watch the goals back. He was great going going forwards yes, but defensively had a hand in all 3 of their goals

Unfortunately, Laird has had a hand in a few goals against as well, Not sure either of them are great defensively.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024