Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report 18:29 - Feb 26 with 8244 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59703
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 19:37 - Feb 26 with 5839 viewsOldPedro

Thanks Clive. I think the games against Rotherham, Wigan, Blackpool and Birmingham will be key. Lose those and we are deep in the mire as we will have given points to those other teams.

I keep thinking that at some point we've surely got to fluke a win we don't deserve..........

Anyway, my tickets for Rotherham have arrived - I must be mad.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 19:55 - Feb 26 with 5731 viewsBushRanger82

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 19:37 - Feb 26 by OldPedro

Thanks Clive. I think the games against Rotherham, Wigan, Blackpool and Birmingham will be key. Lose those and we are deep in the mire as we will have given points to those other teams.

I keep thinking that at some point we've surely got to fluke a win we don't deserve..........

Don't turn around. There's a man in a white coat, with a butterfly net in his hand behind you.
Let him catch you and take you to a place of safety, where with plenty of sessions of electric shock treatment, a possible lobotomy, and plenty of rest, a cure may be found for your malady.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:06 - Feb 26 with 5637 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 19:37 - Feb 26 by OldPedro

The Birmingham one is key because they're just as crap as we are. Like the baldest men on the planet grappling over the tiniest comb in existence.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:11 - Feb 26 with 5637 viewsbosh67

Every game between now and the end of the season has to be a cup final for us... And we've lost the last two actual ones of those we've played in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:16 - Feb 26 with 5622 viewsMickB

I agree about Ozzie. For all his shortcomings, he was the best on parade.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:46 - Feb 26 with 5445 viewsAndybrat

Injuries, injuries, injuries and now the one injury we didn’t want. Said on another thread if everyone was fit yesterdays team and no doubt performance would have been different. I was right behind the 1st goal, completely lucky with a deflection that put a cross on a plate. Lady Luck has to shine on us at least once before the end of season. Any chance we might see Dykes and Martin up front before the season is out?
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 21:18 - Feb 26 with 5266 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Class writing, lovely analogy to bookend and theme the piece.

I'm still optimistic. I thought we worked harder yesterday, but not smarter yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 21:44 - Feb 26 with 5141 viewsted_hendrix

You know we're down don't you? I've smelt It before and I can smell It again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 21:46 - Feb 26 with 5133 viewsKerryE

The main thing I disagree about your as usual excellent report is that Blackburn never had to get out of 3rd gear - at the game I said to one of my sons that they were playing in 1st gear. That will be the easiest game Blackburn have in the next 5 years.

We are so easy to play against.
We did not press them even at 3-1 down. And yet when they pressed us we had no idea what to do.

I wonder if we can somehow glide to safety.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 22:02 - Feb 26 with 5042 viewsNoelmc

'You have to wonder about a process and plan that says Neil Critchley is your guy on December 11, but Gareth Ainsworth’s your man by February 23. The ‘umms’ and ‘errrs’ have been replaced with a loud and incessant tubthumping; the club-issued gilet and white Reebok Classics by an open-neck shirt, jeans that leave little to the imagination, and a set of cowboy boots; The Paul Daniels Show has been cancelled, and Gene Simmons is here for his encore. What a fking club this is'. Brilliant!

I fear Chair's injury may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Strong echoes of Richard Langley's cruciate ligament injury (our second of the game against Fulham) which preceded our previous relegation to the third tier in 2001.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 22:03]
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 22:15 - Feb 26 with 4974 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:46 - Feb 26 by Andybrat

Injuries, injuries, injuries and now the one injury we didn’t want. Said on another thread if everyone was fit yesterdays team and no doubt performance would have been different. I was right behind the 1st goal, completely lucky with a deflection that put a cross on a plate. Lady Luck has to shine on us at least once before the end of season. Any chance we might see Dykes and Martin up front before the season is out?

Sorry Andy will respectfully disagree .

Nothing unlucky about that first goal. Jimmy is out of position completely. Was told to man mark Gallagher obviously , but if Gallagher decides to go for a piss at the corner flag during the game, Jimmy doesn’t have to go and hold it for him.
He was way too wide and should be in close next to his partner (these 2 are nothing of the sort but you know what I mean ), leaving Paal pick up the man wide out on the left wing. So when that ball gets deflected up , he simply adjusts his feet and heads it clear .
But no , he is painfully out of position …but even then he has 5 yards on Gallagher…but Gallagher beats him to the header !!!! So bad it’s untrue.
Nothing unlucky about it. It’s basics and we have won 1 in 19 because we don’t do the basics right.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 23:01 - Feb 26 with 4786 viewsjohnhoop

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 20:06 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

The Birmingham one is key because they're just as crap as we are. Like the baldest men on the planet grappling over the tiniest comb in existence.

They totally outclassed us in the away fixture.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 23:13 - Feb 26 with 4739 viewsParkRoyalR

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 22:15 - Feb 26 by mart_Goblin

Sorry Andy will respectfully disagree .

Nothing unlucky about that first goal. Jimmy is out of position completely. Was told to man mark Gallagher obviously , but if Gallagher decides to go for a piss at the corner flag during the game, Jimmy doesn’t have to go and hold it for him.
He was way too wide and should be in close next to his partner (these 2 are nothing of the sort but you know what I mean ), leaving Paal pick up the man wide out on the left wing. So when that ball gets deflected up , he simply adjusts his feet and heads it clear .
But no , he is painfully out of position …but even then he has 5 yards on Gallagher…but Gallagher beats him to the header !!!! So bad it’s untrue.
Nothing unlucky about it. It’s basics and we have won 1 in 19 because we don’t do the basics right.

I'll have to see the re-run angle you're watching, quite obvious on Sky Highlights deflection loops ball up and over and straight into Gallaghers stride, 5 yards on Gallagher, c'mon.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 00:46 - Feb 27 with 4569 viewsbongo_king

Top writing, had me in fits. The only silver lining to one win in 19 is getting to read something as hilarious as this.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 07:08 - Feb 27 with 4222 viewsPaddyhoops

Genuinely lost interest in the last 20 minutes as there was zero chance of getting out of this game.
Dead right about Kakay , decent going forward but will never be a defender as a he has a hole in his arse. If by some miracle Laird gets fit again , I would push him forward . We’re running out of players up there anyway.
When the movement of 7 foot 11 Sam Gallagher is bamboozling your central defenders. You know we’re in trouble.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report (n/t) on 07:29 - Feb 27 with 4181 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 23:13 - Feb 26 by ParkRoyalR

I'll have to see the re-run angle you're watching, quite obvious on Sky Highlights deflection loops ball up and over and straight into Gallaghers stride, 5 yards on Gallagher, c'mon.

Ok maybe 3, maybe 4 or 5, pause it at the time the guy takes his shot and there is no way Jimmy should a) be where he is and b) be beaten to the ball by Gallagher . It’s not luck.
It’s a lack of desire ( not something we can throw at Jimmy too often ) and disregard of the basics of defending .
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 7:41]
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 07:44 - Feb 27 with 4124 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 21:18 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Class writing, lovely analogy to bookend and theme the piece.

I'm still optimistic. I thought we worked harder yesterday, but not smarter yet.

If we are going to play at a higher intensity, Ainsworth is going to have to use his subs bench. I don't think Dozzell, Jojo, Tim, Martin and any returning from injuries have longer then 60 minutes in them, although I'm hoping Richards can do a full 5 minutes by May. Lowe should be able to do what he did on Saturday for the full 90, though.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:10 - Feb 27 with 3866 viewsstevec

When Kakay is your best player you know you’re in trouble.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:21 - Feb 27 with 3804 viewsjohann28

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 21:46 - Feb 26 by KerryE

The main thing I disagree about your as usual excellent report is that Blackburn never had to get out of 3rd gear - at the game I said to one of my sons that they were playing in 1st gear. That will be the easiest game Blackburn have in the next 5 years.

We are so easy to play against.
We did not press them even at 3-1 down. And yet when they pressed us we had no idea what to do.

I wonder if we can somehow glide to safety.

This. Was sitting next to a Blackburn friend who couldn't believe his eyes and I had to apologise for us not giving even them a game. That section of play when their goalie and defenders just kept passing to each other whilst we watched them was hard to believe - I've seen school teams play with more nounce. Embarrassing.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:30 - Feb 27 with 3756 viewsrobith

Was my first game since October. That team is sunk imo. All the players or either bereft of confidence, or f**ks to give
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:35 - Feb 27 with 3719 viewsrobith

I also thought Tim turned in one of the least arsed performances I have genuinely ever seen in hoops. Yet I get into the pub afterwards and everyone is coating off Ozzie, who at least ran his socks off all day. I don't get it
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:56 - Feb 27 with 3614 viewsterryb

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:35 - Feb 27 by robith

I also thought Tim turned in one of the least arsed performances I have genuinely ever seen in hoops. Yet I get into the pub afterwards and everyone is coating off Ozzie, who at least ran his socks off all day. I don't get it

That was one of Tim's better performances & his work rate was improved!
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:59 - Feb 27 with 3593 viewsdaveB

I came away thinking Kakay was excellent but saw the 3 goals on tv yesterday and your description of him was superb, really poor defending for all 3

That second goal killed it for us, thought we did well first half, on the front foot a lot more aggressive and well in the game but conceding in that manner felt like game over and we were awful second half. Ainsworth did the right thing trying to look for positives, he needs the players onside as they are the ones to get us out of this but inside he must be raging.
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 10:09 - Feb 27 with 3557 viewsBuckR

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 23:01 - Feb 26 by johnhoop

They totally outclassed us in the away fixture.

and we outclassed Millwall in our away fixture then looked what happened
Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 11:32 - Feb 27 with 3243 viewsSuperhoop83

Ainsworth's homecoming barely moves the needle - Report on 09:56 - Feb 27 by terryb

That was one of Tim's better performances & his work rate was improved!

Spot on.

By comparison to his performance against Sunderland, Tim played like Roy Keane against Juventus in 1999.

I agree with some other posters that the team is sunk. I've never known anything like it and whereas the 2001 dross team was on another level, the injuries to all our best players will see us go down. We were rather short of goals with all of the best attacking players fit and Chris Martin, Jamal Lowe and midfielders who don't score aren't going to get us to safety while we also leak goals for fun at the back.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 11:33]

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024