Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One inexplicable moment today 20:53 - Mar 4 with 5879 views_tf_

Just got back. Should be more angry than I am.

What can you say, because the team that played today tried, it's just that they're not very good, and in some respects are becoming worse.

A few positives - Drewe looked composed and in the first half especially made a few decent passes. His first unforced error of the second half was because the ball took a bad bobble and it was good to see a few other players geeing him up. Throw-in will be handy for the rest of the year... Armstrong made an immediate impression when he came on and even if he is only good for 60 (raw) minutes I'd be starting him. His pace is frightening. Finally, we played better over the 90 than of late. Had Johansen's volley not been kept out by what from the away end looked like an incredible save then who knows?

But that's it. As much as I love and appreciate Kakay's effort and application, he is currently not defending to a standard that is anywhere near what is required. Neither is Dickie. Both of them need some time away to either improve or regain confidence. I am still trying to process how our defence managed to let Hugill score the first. Awful, and another three goals shipped.

Did anyone else see this? In about the 75th minute, and about ten minutes into his game, Richards was in the absolute middle of a passage of play where the ball was bouncing around between possession. It was about five yards from him. And he suddenly stopped playing and started to tie his laces. And then started feeling his ankle. And then carried on as if nothing had happened, whilst Rotherham charged up field, thank you very much. What is going on with him?

Fair play to the Millers, good ground, good result for them but jaysus, we made them look like Brazil at times.

This is a very bad QPR team, we are in trouble.
One inexplicable moment today on 21:25 - Mar 4 with 4452 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Another bit of odd body language I might be reading too much into was Kakay giving Dickie a small shoulder barge after he bollocked him just before one of their corners.
One inexplicable moment today on 21:32 - Mar 4 with 4413 viewsNortholt_Rs

You truly have to be there to see how really, really bad this team is….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

One inexplicable moment today on 21:54 - Mar 4 with 4266 viewskropotkin41

All of this, I suppose, adds up to what has in this forum been called the 'stench of relegation.'

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

One inexplicable moment today on 22:10 - Mar 4 with 4145 viewsDamo1962

One inexplicable moment today on 21:32 - Mar 4 by Northolt_Rs

You truly have to be there to see how really, really bad this team is….

Worst ever for you Northolt ? If you are my vintage you've, seen plenty of terrible sides down the decades...but I am struggling to think of a worse one than these charlatans. And that goes for the ones in the infirmary as well. Does anyone really think any of them are going to save us? All I am thinking about now is the long-term survival of QPR... because It really feels existential now.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 22:12]
One inexplicable moment today on 22:42 - Mar 4 with 4014 viewsParkRoyalR

Yes, strange moment by Richards alright but after that was the only player who gave me hope, taking the ball in tight situations, good control, directly running at the opposition defence at pace (remember that), opening the pitch up by zipping quick passes...on the ground too!

One bright spot on a day where no-one wanted the ball and even SJ was playing hoof-ball.
One inexplicable moment today on 23:08 - Mar 4 with 3879 viewsDieByYourSide

One inexplicable moment today on 22:42 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, strange moment by Richards alright but after that was the only player who gave me hope, taking the ball in tight situations, good control, directly running at the opposition defence at pace (remember that), opening the pitch up by zipping quick passes...on the ground too!

One bright spot on a day where no-one wanted the ball and even SJ was playing hoof-ball.

Agree would like to see TR get more minutes. Looking positive and playing forwards, still think he could offer something.

Poll: And it's hi ho

One inexplicable moment today on 23:14 - Mar 4 with 3847 viewsNortholt_Rs

One inexplicable moment today on 22:10 - Mar 4 by Damo1962

Worst ever for you Northolt ? If you are my vintage you've, seen plenty of terrible sides down the decades...but I am struggling to think of a worse one than these charlatans. And that goes for the ones in the infirmary as well. Does anyone really think any of them are going to save us? All I am thinking about now is the long-term survival of QPR... because It really feels existential now.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 22:12]

Yes I think so….amid an ocean of dogsh1t teams over the years this lot really are the pits. Gutless to the core. Pathetic the lot of them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

One inexplicable moment today on 23:33 - Mar 4 with 3766 viewsBoston

They rival the 'millennium squad' for ineptitude and lack of backbone. But, we still have plenty of games to go for them to hold that title outright.

My only hope is that the grindingly slow process of rebuilding this clubs structure will be completed before I die.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 23:34]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

One inexplicable moment today on 23:40 - Mar 4 with 3732 viewsbenhurst

Very strange moment from Richards, especially since (as others have said) he was looking pretty good today, made some good runs up the pitch with the ball (including what ended up with our penalty)
One inexplicable moment today on 23:45 - Mar 4 with 3691 viewsstowmarketrange

This is basically the same team that went top in October,so they can’t be that bad surely?What has changed so much to turn them into this ramshackle we have now?I know injuries haven’t helped,but is it a lack of confidence to blame?
Answers on a postcard please.
One inexplicable moment today on 23:51 - Mar 4 with 3666 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One inexplicable moment today on 23:45 - Mar 4 by stowmarketrange

This is basically the same team that went top in October,so they can’t be that bad surely?What has changed so much to turn them into this ramshackle we have now?I know injuries haven’t helped,but is it a lack of confidence to blame?

Quality is there.

Only Freud knows what’s caused this catastrophe.
One inexplicable moment today on 00:03 - Mar 5 with 3611 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The same team as October? Are you kidding?

Three outfield players started today that started the 3-0 at home to Cardiff in October.

We're missing Paal, Laird, Clarke Salter, Balogun, Chair, Armstrong, Willock, Dykes, Roberts, Amos. It's nothing like the team that went top in October.

The squad was always razor thin. We all knew we basically only had one left back and one right back and couldn't work out what happened if either couldn't play 40-46 games. Well it looks like they've both jacked the season in. We're starting two centre halves that couldn't get in the team at the beginning of the season. We only really had one striker in the entire squad and he's likely done for the season too.

The team we put out today was pretty much a disgrace. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. I don't think it would / will do much damage in League 1 either.
One inexplicable moment today on 02:24 - Mar 5 with 3396 viewsDamo1962

They were over achieving....massively. I fully expected us to drop back, but not to this degree. These players, like quite a few in recent seasons, get over-rated by a lot of supporters, who with the best of intentions...get carried away. I knew this day was coming.
One inexplicable moment today on 05:35 - Mar 5 with 3270 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

One inexplicable moment today on 00:03 - Mar 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

The same team as October? Are you kidding?

Three outfield players started today that started the 3-0 at home to Cardiff in October.

We're missing Paal, Laird, Clarke Salter, Balogun, Chair, Armstrong, Willock, Dykes, Roberts, Amos. It's nothing like the team that went top in October.

The squad was always razor thin. We all knew we basically only had one left back and one right back and couldn't work out what happened if either couldn't play 40-46 games. Well it looks like they've both jacked the season in. We're starting two centre halves that couldn't get in the team at the beginning of the season. We only really had one striker in the entire squad and he's likely done for the season too.

The team we put out today was pretty much a disgrace. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. I don't think it would / will do much damage in League 1 either.

This.
Last season having 5 goalkeepers injured was just freakish, this season though has been avoidable.
Too many players signed with poor injury records.
Too many loans recruited.
No backup striker, we even release Bonne.
No backup fullbacks. Why only start playing Drewe now in the middle of a relegation battle?

These are all things that have been mentioned on here by almost everyone for the past 18 months.

I for one thought we would make a serious challenge for promotion via the playoffs this year, Christ how wrong I've been.
One inexplicable moment today on 08:32 - Mar 5 with 2898 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The deplorably low standards that have been celebrated throughout the entire club have now become the norm. For years, it's been accepted that the U-23s and U-18s don't win matches but rationalised by happy clappers that "it's all about playing the same way" and now everyone does indeed play the same way.
One inexplicable moment today on 08:56 - Mar 5 with 2794 viewsdmm

I'm still mulling over yesterday's change to direct long ball because I don't think we did it well at all. We don't look good at a possession and passing style at the moment either but that's what the players have been drilled in for the past 3/4 years.

Maybe it was just to try and play Rotherham at their own game. Maybe it was because our best ball players are injured. But, I'd be worried if we stick with it. I'm not against a long ball game per se but I don't think we have a squad that can make it work.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:11 - Mar 5 with 2700 viewsParkRoyalR

One inexplicable moment today on 08:56 - Mar 5 by dmm

I'm still mulling over yesterday's change to direct long ball because I don't think we did it well at all. We don't look good at a possession and passing style at the moment either but that's what the players have been drilled in for the past 3/4 years.

Maybe it was just to try and play Rotherham at their own game. Maybe it was because our best ball players are injured. But, I'd be worried if we stick with it. I'm not against a long ball game per se but I don't think we have a squad that can make it work.

Totally agree, we couldn't win a 2nd ball if our life depended on it, no-one gets near enough to Martin to pick up any flick-on's, team isn't athletic or mobile enough to play a long ball game, if we persist with it we're in big big trouble.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:17 - Mar 5 with 2653 viewsNed_Kennedys

One inexplicable moment today on 08:56 - Mar 5 by dmm

But the play it from the back/passing between defenders/hardly have a shot in the game tactics have put us in the current position we are in: without any creativity in the side currently we have to be more direct.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:21 - Mar 5 with 2626 viewsgazza1

One inexplicable moment today on 22:42 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Agreed PRR - Everyone looks at Richards 'strange' moment doing his laces up but when he came on he looked a better class than most of them but 'hey' lets be negitive!!!
One inexplicable moment today on 09:25 - Mar 5 with 2605 viewsRangersw12

Tried?

It was a disgraceful performance, there were players bottling challenges, not bothering to jump for headers, misplaced lazy passes and not even running in some cases

These players are disgusting and deserve every bit of stick that's coming their way
One inexplicable moment today on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 2550 viewsParkRoyalR

One inexplicable moment today on 09:25 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

Tried?

It was a disgraceful performance, there were players bottling challenges, not bothering to jump for headers, misplaced lazy passes and not even running in some cases

These players are disgusting and deserve every bit of stick that's coming their way

Yes they tried + no they don't deserve stick,

Kakay put too much effort in to the point he was being too rash + getting wrong side and in front of his man too often, Dickie's confidence has gone, these two have now effected Dunne and even Johansen who are now panicking and hoofing the ball,

I can't think of a single player who didn't try yesterday, just hope we can get Paal + Laird back next week, Willock, Chair + Dykes very soon, ideally either JCS or Balogun as confidence or positional awareness doesn't re-appear overnight and we need the above back after the Watford game for sure.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:41 - Mar 5 with 2535 viewsRangersw12

One inexplicable moment today on 09:38 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Kakay put too much effort in to the point he was being too rash + getting wrong side and in front of his man too often, Dickie's confidence has gone, these two have now effected Dunne and even Johansen who are now panicking and hoofing the ball,

I can't think of a single player who didn't try yesterday, just hope we can get Paal + Laird back next week, Willock, Chair + Dykes very soon, ideally either JCS or Balogun as confidence or positional awareness doesn't re-appear overnight and we need the above back after the Watford game for sure.

Bet you clapped them at the end 😂
One inexplicable moment today on 09:47 - Mar 5 with 2504 viewsstevec

Eight seasons to create a side that can’t play football and can’t play long ball.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 2492 viewsdistortR

Kakay, I like him in as an honest player. but he's been 'wrong side' of his man throughout his career. I don't get it.
One inexplicable moment today on 09:52 - Mar 5 with 2465 viewsgazza1

It was quality that we lacked and not effort imho.......we need to give Dickie a rest for sure and the two full backs injured playing again. Maybe Kakay at CB if nobody to replace Dickie. I would also seriously look at 3 x CBs as well.....that decision needs to be made fast so that we can prepare all week using that system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024