Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feeling disinterested 12:08 - Mar 20 with 4649 viewsQPRConor2000

as a young QPR fan, I am feeling increasingly disinterested in the club.

I have been supporting QPR since I was a young kid, but I am really seriously am feeling like I have been taken for granted, many fans at this football club pay a hell of a lot of their hard earned money to come and watch the team, yet how can you justify paying that when the team doesn't even bother to turn up?

I am seeing a lot of people seriously considering not renewing their season tickets for next season and who can blame them?

as a club, we need serious change or else its only going to get worse sadly.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 12:08]
Feeling disinterested on 12:12 - Mar 20 with 4012 viewsE17hoop

My son is probably about the same age as you and he's decided to get tickets for Wigan after Saturday. His reasoning is the team need him more than ever now after losing on Saturday. If they'd won, he probably wouldn't have gone but feels the team are more vulnerable and need MORE support away from home after each defeat.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Feeling disinterested on 12:18 - Mar 20 with 3949 viewsToast_R

My philosophy is, if your not enjoying it, don't do it. Simple really.
Feeling disinterested on 12:22 - Mar 20 with 3937 viewsQPRConor2000

Feeling disinterested on 12:12 - Mar 20 by E17hoop

My son is probably about the same age as you and he's decided to get tickets for Wigan after Saturday. His reasoning is the team need him more than ever now after losing on Saturday. If they'd won, he probably wouldn't have gone but feels the team are more vulnerable and need MORE support away from home after each defeat.

I am a 22 year old btw, im not sure how old your son is.

Im just find it harder and harder to justify going to games and paying the prices currently, especially given we are in a time when costs are increasing.

I love QPR and always will do, but I just feel like there are certain people within the hierarchy who are taking us for granted, I just feel like we are being taken for fools by some at the moment.

Its just becoming increasingly difficult for me to support something that doesnt deliver its promised value.

When youve got clubs like Fulham and Brentford around us who are consistantly doing well, then your going to find it tough to get anyone to come and support us at home games tbh.
Feeling disinterested on 12:29 - Mar 20 with 3905 viewsJuzzie

IMO the problem is more than just QPR. Football has been changing, for the worse, for years.
Bury gone, other established clubs sliding down the leagues, FFP unfairly hampering clubs so they have the choice to either comply meaning they can never really improve or busk the system and risk fines, points deductions etc.

Yes, clubs like Luton & Millwall seem to be doing OK but they have already cut their cloth I think. We've partly been hampered because of our own behavior (don't recall anyone complaining much when Zamora hit the back of the net at Wembley). All very well to blame the owners but they're still here paying the price for that whereas a lot would just fk off and leave the club in a mess, or worse.
I'm not defending the owners at all but we are in a pickle partly because of our own making and it's horrible but it'll take 5 years at least I reckon before we can turn the tide.
Staying in the Championship during that time is vital then once shackles start loosening maybe we can be competitive again.
Yes, we were competitive at the beginning of the season which shows it can be done but how 'easy' will it be to replicate that situation again and even sustain it for a whole season?
Difficult times but so is life.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 12:42]
Feeling disinterested on 12:34 - Mar 20 with 3870 viewsconnell10

Feeling disinterested on 12:22 - Mar 20 by QPRConor2000

Im just find it harder and harder to justify going to games and paying the prices currently, especially given we are in a time when costs are increasing.

I love QPR and always will do, but I just feel like there are certain people within the hierarchy who are taking us for granted, I just feel like we are being taken for fools by some at the moment.

Its just becoming increasingly difficult for me to support something that doesnt deliver its promised value.

When youve got clubs like Fulham and Brentford around us who are consistantly doing well, then your going to find it tough to get anyone to come and support us at home games tbh.

Agree mate , but I think our gates are holding up surprisingly well. The fans have been so patient with this useless lot! I remember going to games when I was young and hearing and seeing the team get booed off loads of times. The favourite chant was What A Load of Rubbish. So this lot have got off lightly!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Feeling disinterested on 12:38 - Mar 20 with 3839 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Feeling disinterested on 12:34 - Mar 20 by connell10

Agree mate , but I think our gates are holding up surprisingly well. The fans have been so patient with this useless lot! I remember going to games when I was young and hearing and seeing the team get booed off loads of times. The favourite chant was What A Load of Rubbish. So this lot have got off lightly!

I have a couple of mates who support other teams. They have always said to me that QPR have a real loyal hardcore support and their (our) attendances hold up well whatever division we are in. I think we are a pretty resilient lot considering what the put us through!
Feeling disinterested on 12:40 - Mar 20 with 3830 viewsE17hoop

I guessed by your username - my son is the same age.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Feeling disinterested on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 3702 viewsQPunkR

Feeling disinterested on 12:29 - Mar 20 by Juzzie

IMO the problem is more than just QPR. Football has been changing, for the worse, for years.
Bury gone, other established clubs sliding down the leagues, FFP unfairly hampering clubs so they have the choice to either comply meaning they can never really improve or busk the system and risk fines, points deductions etc.

Yes, clubs like Luton & Millwall seem to be doing OK but they have already cut their cloth I think. We've partly been hampered because of our own behavior (don't recall anyone complaining much when Zamora hit the back of the net at Wembley). All very well to blame the owners but they're still here paying the price for that whereas a lot would just fk off and leave the club in a mess, or worse.
I'm not defending the owners at all but we are in a pickle partly because of our own making and it's horrible but it'll take 5 years at least I reckon before we can turn the tide.
Staying in the Championship during that time is vital then once shackles start loosening maybe we can be competitive again.
Yes, we were competitive at the beginning of the season which shows it can be done but how 'easy' will it be to replicate that situation again and even sustain it for a whole season?
Difficult times but so is life.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 12:42]

I can't disagree with any of that

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Feeling disinterested on 13:13 - Mar 20 with 3579 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

😂 come on lads pack it in.
Feeling disinterested on 13:20 - Mar 20 with 3541 viewsLogman

I think it's harsh to say the players 'aren't turning up'. A more accurate interpretation (in my opinion) is that we have a threadbare squad which is being exposed at the moment. I don't really think any of the players on Saturday sold the club short. I include Jamal Lowe. It annoys me that he gets tainted with the label of being a disinterested loanee. The last two times I have seen him play he has kept running right to the end and given a good account of himself. Unfortunately the bar has gone up all across the board and we have not quite got the formula right this season but all we can do is keep trying.
Feeling disinterested on 13:37 - Mar 20 with 3460 viewsstevec

Think us oldies are just as disillusioned, but old habits die hard.

You’re clearly a loyal supporter but maybe think of taking a sabbatical away from this and see how it goes. You might find something better to do with your Saturdays, or might find you miss going to games. In that time you might find we put together a team that actually cares about the club, who knows.

Doesn’t make you any less loyal and at least gives you the time to evaluate how much you miss the place.

PS. If the worst happens, I can tell you it’s quite a laugh down in League One!
Feeling disinterested on 13:38 - Mar 20 with 3465 viewsswitchingcode

Both Brentford and Fulham have not consistently done well both have gone through tough times and dare say will again.You stick with your team through thick and thin.
Feeling disinterested on 13:47 - Mar 20 with 3395 viewstoboboly

Feeling disinterested on 12:38 - Mar 20 by CroydonCaptJack

I have a couple of mates who support other teams. They have always said to me that QPR have a real loyal hardcore support and their (our) attendances hold up well whatever division we are in. I think we are a pretty resilient lot considering what the put us through!

I think it is natural selection

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Feeling disinterested on 13:55 - Mar 20 with 3363 viewsbosh67

Were you disinterested though after we thrashed Watford 1-0 though?

It is hard to really get much enthusiasm up when the team is consistently losing all the time and half the team is less fit than Madonna's face these days.

It certainly isn't as enjoyable as it used to be but I think it is more to do with the money involved and the ever growing detachment from the fans as a revenue source. If you support Man City and Haaland is banging in 20 goals a game it eases the pain but at our level it's hard work.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Feeling disinterested on 09:29 - Mar 21 with 2903 viewsActonExile

May the force be with you and whatever else yoda and obe 1 were on about.

Remember this feeling when we actually get to a play-offs or a promotion because in my humble opinion you only truly cherish the highs when you have suffered the lows.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Feeling disinterested on 09:54 - Mar 21 with 2817 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The really frustrating thing was after really digging in and battling so hard for that win against Watford, they've followed it up with the Blackpool and Brum performances.

Connor2k, should we all have our health, then be prepared to read in 2045, a similar post from nongenderspecific2023 bemoaning the challenges posed to young people in following QPR at a cost of 900 crypto-pounds. By then you'll be ageing and more gnarly from the benefit of the intervening 22 years supporting QPR.

It's life. It's QPR.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 10:04]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Feeling disinterested on 15:28 - Mar 21 with 2582 viewsHanwellHoopster

I can relate to the OP. Not quite as young, but mid 30s with a young family.

Had a ST throughout my teenager years and early 20s. Probably gone to approx. 10 home games per year between 25-30. Now I've got a young family I get to every home evening game and an occasional Saturday game.

Confess that I'm also finding it hard to care all that much. Not sure if that's getting older and life being busy, or the current malaise, but I was really enjoying the Warburton years. I think I feel a bit deflated because I did believe that the club was heading in the right direction - wages being cut each year, playing good football, and finishing higher up the table each year (on the whole) under MW. However, the recent accounts and his falling out with the ownership structure have cast a different light on that period, and I think I'm annoyed that it feels like the club gambled (again!) when it didn't need to.

I can cope with us being crap. My happiest memories are probably from our L1 season. I hate us being crap and not learning our lessons. Feels like a lot of basic mistakes are being repeated, and that's what's so deflating.

Sorry, ramble as I'm thinking out loud, but it's cathartic!
Feeling disinterested on 15:38 - Mar 21 with 2553 viewsGloucs_R

My kids are 13 and 10 and neither want to watch Rangers this season.

The eldest is moving now towards rugby.

The youngest doesn't really enjoy the match day experience. It's all a bit meh, even less fun when The team aren't entertaining.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Feeling disinterested on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 2532 viewsdigswellhoop

i am the other end of support WELCOME TO QPR!!
Feeling disinterested on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 2470 viewsthame_hoops

Sometimes it doesn’t do any harm just to have a break. I’m sure when you see scores popping up on your phone, you’ll miss being there.
Or do what I do, and many others, just pick and choose games. You don’t necessarily have to have a season ticket.
Feeling disinterested on 16:58 - Mar 21 with 2409 viewsted_hendrix

Many reasons to lose interest and vice versa not so many reasons anymore not to lose interest.

Sigh.

Losing at home does my head in going back to August last year as an example, evening game 8.00pm kick off at home crap traffic getting to LR get parked no cafes open so decide to eat In the ground (bloody expensive).

Not the best of games watching In cramped conditions with my knees stuck in the back of of someones seat.

1-0 to Blackpool, hey ho wouldn't you just know It?

Walk back to the car, get on the M4 just In time to see the warning signs that the M4 is shut ahead so we get thrown of the M4 at Maidenhead and spend an eternity driving through the Berkshire and Oxfordshire countryside in the pitch black eventually getting home gone midnight.

I'm retired, my lad Isn't and had been working all day and was working the next day.

Not the end of the world I know but after what seems like decades of similar experiences you eventually say to yourself oh bolox to It.

As Basil Fawlty once said to Sybil Fawlty' "What's the bloody point"?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Feeling disinterested on 19:22 - Mar 21 with 2262 viewsLblock

Feeling disinterested on 13:20 - Mar 20 by Logman

I think it's harsh to say the players 'aren't turning up'. A more accurate interpretation (in my opinion) is that we have a threadbare squad which is being exposed at the moment. I don't really think any of the players on Saturday sold the club short. I include Jamal Lowe. It annoys me that he gets tainted with the label of being a disinterested loanee. The last two times I have seen him play he has kept running right to the end and given a good account of himself. Unfortunately the bar has gone up all across the board and we have not quite got the formula right this season but all we can do is keep trying.

Good evening Mrs Lowe.... still living local?!

You're entitled to your opinion but, my God, if we are accepting his recent level of performance then I take back everything I said about Tamas Priskin and Marcus Bent.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Feeling disinterested on 19:55 - Mar 21 with 2211 viewsSonofpugwash

Interesting article wot I just found...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/mg83yq/the-neutrals-guide-to-falling-in-love-wit

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Feeling disinterested on 20:04 - Mar 21 with 2185 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

My son is 18, we're both season ticket holders for our sins, God help us.
My son is very down due to our crap season, but I have explained that when I was 17/18 Fulham were near the bottom Division 4 (league 2) and Brentford were also in Division 3 (league 1). And Chelsea were still a bunch of c@nts back then whom we regularly gave a good thrashing.
It does go around, in 2 season times Brentford will be back in Yhe Championship as will Fulham as they dont have the resources to sustain a long stay in the PL. Football has been ruined by money so the days of a club like Ipswich, Norwich, us and even a club like Villa having a tilt at the PL title have long gone unfortunately.

Its shite at the moment, but as Douglas MacArthur said 'I will return", and the Rs will return to the PL....... in about 2100AD.
Feeling disinterested on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 2153 viewsjoe90

Football is a perpetual cycle of boom or bust. You have to ride that wave or you’ll never enjoy the game.

There’ll never be a time when QPR is stable. We may have periods of success but failure will never be far.

That said, there are a number of small things the club could do to improve the match day experience. A quick win would be changing that awful music and poem they play before the game. How can they think that’s what people want to hear to g themselves up?! We could also stop doing that ‘come on you super hoops aaaass’ chant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024