Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charging Cost 06:29 - Apr 28 with 7633 viewsDubaiR

Premier Inn Uttoxeter - avoid charging car here.

Company forced me in to all electric which is a massive pain given the milage I do.

Anyway 0.98p per kWh. Output 8.6 so had to be plugged in over night to get me upto my 200 mile maximum, total cost 92 quid with a 4 hour over stay charge.

Companies rate of reimbursement 0.19p kWh!
Charging Cost on 06:44 - Apr 28 with 5498 viewsMelakaRanger

Hi there

Thats a hefty sum but many of the charging companies have increased the cost per kw two or three times in the past 9 months. Oh for the 'old' Grideserve for 30p and Lidl for 23p per kw.

The charger at that Premier Inn is with Genie point - one of the most expensive networks out there. You paid 98p per kw. But in Utoxeter there is also a BP Rapid Charger (79p per kw) and a Lidl rapid charger - cost 50p per kw.

There are so many networks and costs for a 'rapid charge' vary from around 50p per kw to £1 per kw. ZAPMAP should be your friend here. Download the app to your phone.

Also ther are a number of providers that offer a monthly subscription whereby for a modest sum they discount the cost of your charging for that month. Have a look a these few, they might save you a tidy packet.

Elli (run by VW) https://www.elli.eco/en/home

Bonet https://www.joinbonnet.com/

Also many (not all) of the Tesla Superchargers are open to all EVs not just Teslas. The cost to charge at these is around 55p per kw but again can be reduced a fair bit by taking their monthly subscription.

It sounds like you do a lot of mileage . With a petrol car you fill up when you need to, not when you can. With an Ev and high mileage the trick is to add a charge whenever you can , not just when you need it
Charging Cost on 06:51 - Apr 28 with 5484 viewsDubaiR

Cheers mate.

I normally try and use the one at Cambridge as quick charge.

Problem is by time reached hotel I didn’t want to mess about and find somewhere, just wanted to plug in and sleep.

I have Zap-Map and pod point and IONITY apps, will look into subscription, thanks
Charging Cost on 08:01 - Apr 28 with 5366 viewsstevec

Christ, even at the offer prices mentioned it’s still way more expensive than my petrol driven car.

When will the population wake up to what’s happening?
Charging Cost on 08:06 - Apr 28 with 5368 viewswombat

Charging Cost on 08:01 - Apr 28 by stevec

Christ, even at the offer prices mentioned it’s still way more expensive than my petrol driven car.

not all the tesla chargers are open to all cars . price seems high to be honest , we charge ours at home and get average 240 from a full charge for around 6 quid at present , fill my audi up with petrol and for 475 miles ish and 90 quid .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Charging Cost on 08:10 - Apr 28 with 5355 viewsDWQPR

Cost me £119 to fill up my 3 litre clean diesel Range Rover last week. I should get 550 miles to that tank of fuel. The car will probably have the lifespan of at least three EV’s and won’t have the issue of how to get rid of the battery pack.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Charging Cost on 08:55 - Apr 28 with 5248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Doesn't the national grid cost 13p per kwh to run or something? The government should be subsidising / nationalising / installing these.

They'll eventually make the savings back through health as air pollution costs the taxpayer £6b per year apparently.

I know ultimately electric vehicles aren't the answer, public transport is, but the main block to change as usual is political will (from all parties).

I'd love to see charging points as common as phone boxes or post boxes used to be and with the same ownership model.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 8:59]
Charging Cost on 09:00 - Apr 28 with 5228 viewsrobith

Big Accidental Partridge vibes here
Charging Cost on 09:07 - Apr 28 with 5203 viewslondonscottish

I got a lift to the airport the other day and the bloke explained how he'd gone from diesel to hybrid to electric and then back to diesel.

The two problems he had with his electric car, an MG, were the range and the cost of charging.

If he'd been able to charge at home it would have been £5-ish but he had to use a lampost charger so it was £40. And in winter he'd get 180 miles out of it. So £80 to go 360 miles.

I've got a 5.5 petrol and that distance would only cost me £20 more. Madness.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Charging Cost on 09:20 - Apr 28 with 5168 viewsloftboy

I recently acquired my first diesel car, a Peugeot 3008 with 83000 on the clock, got it cheap from a dealer in Luton as no one there wanted it as it’s it ULEZ compliant, around town I’m getting 550 miles out of a tank and my record is 710 when I went on a long trip.
It has full service history and as long as I look after it as well it should be good for another 250000.
The interior is as good as it was the day it was built, according to those in power I should be scrapping it!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charging Cost on 09:22 - Apr 28 with 5156 viewsTheChef

You'll all be sorry when we all have electric cars and governments will just be able to switch them off and no one will be able to travel anywhere.

Depending on your social credit score of course!

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Charging Cost on 09:28 - Apr 28 with 5151 viewskernowhoop

Charging Cost on 09:22 - Apr 28 by TheChef

You'll all be sorry when we all have electric cars and governments will just be able to switch them off and no one will be able to travel anywhere.

Depending on your social credit score of course!

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Most people don't get that, Chef. Trouble is, of those that do, many of them probably WANT it. Depressing.
Charging Cost on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 5141 viewsDubaiR

To charge at home costs me 27 quid with Octopus again I have to cover that. Right now the infrastructure isn’t great and expensive.
Charging Cost on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 5135 viewsloftboy

Another negative point, where I live here in Lowestoft the majority of the town is made up of thousands of terraced houses, there’s 136 in my road alone, some evenings when I finish work I can’t get parked in my road let alone outside my house, how are we all meant to charge electric vehicles, there are 3 petrol stations in the entire town and one of them doesn’t have any charging points, even if they put 5 or 6 in it would be impossible to get on one!
Also if I did get parked outside you can’t just lay cables across the pavement.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 9:33]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charging Cost on 09:38 - Apr 28 with 5119 viewsDubaiR

Not a single charge point in Halesworth
Charging Cost on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 5041 viewsDannyPaddox

According to their wiki page the UBP’s bassist now works in a local hotel. Just saying.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 11:57]
Charging Cost on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 5012 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charging Cost on 09:00 - Apr 28 by robith

Big Accidental Partridge vibes here

More accidental David Icke now.
Charging Cost on 11:40 - Apr 28 with 4923 viewsTonto

the faster the charger, the more expensive it is. its a bit like getting petrol at a motorway service station if you go for the rapid charge.

the cheapest way to do it is the slow chargers overnight

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Charging Cost on 11:51 - Apr 28 with 4903 viewsNorthernr

Worst Premier Inns of the UK..

Swansea Wind Street - never a good sign when there's a security guy on the door
Swansea Bay - never a good sign when there's a bloke on a scaffold looking in on you as you wake up
Putney Bridge - My god, pull the fcker down, put it out of its misery
Sheffield (Arena) - If I'd wanted to stay in Rotherham, I would have booked the Rotherham one.
Sheffield (St Mary's Gate) - 7am housekeeping?! Fck off please, I'm trying to have a hungover wnk here.
Hammersmith - Asbestos rabbit hutch
Gatwick North Terminal - a hotel for 20,000 people with a lift for six. Fire alarm goes off after about 2am (does do) you may as well pack your case and head for the check in because you ain't getting back to fcking bed.
Charging Cost on 12:00 - Apr 28 with 4874 viewskensalriser

It's teh guv'mint, big capital and evil libtards that did this. Wake up sheeple!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charging Cost on 12:06 - Apr 28 with 4837 viewsDannyPaddox

Absbestos Rabbit Hutch went on to become S-Club 7
Charging Cost on 12:18 - Apr 28 with 4816 viewsCamberleyR

Blimey Dubai, that is racketeering and then some, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
I think the most expensive I've used has been 75p per kWh but at least that was a rapid 50 kw charger.

I would be sending a serious snotogram to Premier Inn customer services if that were me. Which company's chargers do Premier Inn use? It might be worth also contacting them.

EDIT: Just read Melaka's post, it's Genie Point.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 12:19]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charging Cost on 12:32 - Apr 28 with 4771 viewsCamberleyR

Charging Cost on 08:01 - Apr 28 by stevec

" it’s still way more expensive than my petrol driven car"

Not all the time Steve. I'm in the process of getting a home charger installed at my house and I'm quite fortunate that my energy supplier (OVO) have an EV charging tariff that is 10p per kWh so a bit under a third as cheap as the normal domestic tariff and they separate your EV charging from your everyday domestic use.

As an example, if I wanted to do a full 20% to 80% charge (which are the optimum low and high levels) that would cost me just over three quid. At 80% I get about 160 miles. As I don't tend to get it as low as 20% very often it wouldn't even cost me as much as that most times.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 13:29]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charging Cost on 13:11 - Apr 28 with 4691 viewsMelakaRanger

Charging Cost on 11:51 - Apr 28 by Northernr

Worst Premier Inns of the UK..

Swansea Wind Street - never a good sign when there's a security guy on the door
Swansea Bay - never a good sign when there's a bloke on a scaffold looking in on you as you wake up
Putney Bridge - My god, pull the fcker down, put it out of its misery
Sheffield (Arena) - If I'd wanted to stay in Rotherham, I would have booked the Rotherham one.
Sheffield (St Mary's Gate) - 7am housekeeping?! Fck off please, I'm trying to have a hungover wnk here.
Hammersmith - Asbestos rabbit hutch
Gatwick North Terminal - a hotel for 20,000 people with a lift for six. Fire alarm goes off after about 2am (does do) you may as well pack your case and head for the check in because you ain't getting back to fcking bed.

Best Premier Inn - especially if you have an EV

Heathrow Terminal 4

I've used this Premier Inn loads of times when going on holiday. Its connected by covered walkway to Terminal 4. It also has about 8 EV charge points - all free to you for residents.

Either buy a coffee at Costa in reception and get a 3 hour parking voucher, that should put around 20kws into your car for £zero cost. Or pay £20 for up to 24 hours parking with free charging. Last December I stayed overnight and managed to get nearly 6Okws into my car. That would have been about £50 at a rapid charger
Charging Cost on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 4668 viewsLblock

Amen to that.

I'm sure if you could claim burying 9mm slug's of lead in someone's head was "good for the environment" you'd get aware with murder these days.

The Great Climate Rip Off well underway

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Charging Cost on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 4673 viewsMelakaRanger

Also for any Forum members who are also EV owners

Looking to offer help to Dubai with his expensive charging costs I looked at the Electroverse app on my phone (I use this myself as being an Octopus Energy customer I get 5% off any charging when I use the Electroverse app or card)

Anyway, the app gave me a message that anyone applying for an Electroverse account before 30th April can get a free £25 credit placed upon their Electroverse account when they open it - as long as they use a link from an existing customer (this is nothing to do with the normal referral bonus you get when you switch your electricity to Octopus Energy).

You do not have to be an Octopus customer to apply for the Electroverse card.

As this forum is not the place to openly offer such matters, you may well have a friend who already has an Electroverse account and they can pass you a referral code.

If not and if anyone wants a referral link to get this £25 charging credit (before 30th April) then DM me and I will happily reply.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 13:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024