Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:40 - May 8 with 6663 viewsBklynRanger

Left 15 mins early. Never done that before but towards the end of that 1st half I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity. Why am I sitting here with all this leg room when the two blokes either side of me have quite sensibly decided not to bother?

For all our decent effort and fragile positivity in the first 20 minutes all it took was for them to push their right back up on Illy and we were done. At that point you've got the wrong formation with the wrong players flailing about against a team that's not interested but may as well beat us because it's that easy. And Rob Dickie wasn't even the problem.

442 with no pace on the right (but he's staying), good bloke-but-supersub at best Chris Martin lumbering around up front, Amos holding the fort beside Field - in what universe is Amos one of a 2 in a 442? Did you agree to this Dobo?

Not much chat between players, quite a lot of arguments. Lowe when he came on didn't track his marker, didn't beat his marker, but watch him in the training video and he thinks he's the dogs bollocks.

The one bit of proper quality I saw in the second half was 'JCS' dummying the ball very nicely and slipping it to Willock who flicked it effortlessly with the outside of his boot to the left wing - and they can both fcuk off and stay fcuked off after this season as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway
Just back on 17:47 - May 8 with 5362 viewseastside_r

First time in 30 years as a ST holder that I have not stayed at the end of the last game. Did anyone?
Just back on 17:59 - May 8 with 5193 viewsnumptydumpty

Season ticket holder for many years.

I left two minutes from the end as I chose not to clap the players and staff because it would have been hypocritical.

I am personally not renewing my season ticket next season.

Am going spend more time with my good lady and may pop down the local rugby club also and basically enjoy my weekends etc.

I will go to a few games here and there but not enough to warrant a season ticket.

And with the economy in free fall, I can't justify the outlay to get up London so often.

If by some miracle at Christmas we are doing well, I will buy a half season ticket.

But with the style of play, the lack of effort, and a need for wholesale changes we can't afford, it looks like more of the same.

If you have Dixon Bonner on the bench at least give him a few minutes on the pitch. Decisions by Ainsworth have been questionable.

We have been very lucky indeed not to be relegated.

Not a great time to be a Rangers fan.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Just back on 18:00 - May 8 with 5182 viewsW12Mikey

Just back on 17:47 - May 8 by eastside_r

First time in 30 years as a ST holder that I have not stayed at the end of the last game. Did anyone?

I stayed as did quite a lot in the SB stand but very few in SAR. Applauded them because (a) I think there are a few like Field and Dykes who deserve it for their effort, even if the results have been poor (b) we probably won’t see many of them again and the likes of Chair and Willock have given us some great moments over their QPR careers
Just back on 18:12 - May 8 with 5020 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back on 18:00 - May 8 by W12Mikey

I stayed as did quite a lot in the SB stand but very few in SAR. Applauded them because (a) I think there are a few like Field and Dykes who deserve it for their effort, even if the results have been poor (b) we probably won’t see many of them again and the likes of Chair and Willock have given us some great moments over their QPR careers

It's true but Willock can bvgger off. Ainsworth shouting at him to close a Bristol defender down, there's no way he couldn't have not heard but just ignored him. That's why he's become a bench warmer

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 18:15 - May 8 with 4979 viewsRanger_Things

I stayed just long enough to boo them off and then scarpered.

This season can f uck right off.
Just back on 18:22 - May 8 with 4880 viewsDamo1962

Just back on 18:00 - May 8 by W12Mikey

Memories of better days...is all we have left as a club.
Just back on 18:32 - May 8 with 4793 viewsSpen

Been bringing my son for the last 7 years or so, ST holders in upper loft. When my 15 yr old lad says we shouldn’t bother renewing I think that’s about us done for a while. I suspect quite a few will be doing the same, I’m sure we’ll end up going to games every now and then but this season has really done it for us both.
Just back on 18:34 - May 8 with 4767 viewsted_hendrix

Thank gawd It's over and by over I mean the season that's all, It's now that the hard work starts wholesale changes can be a disaster and not always the answer but someone (I'm not sure who) need to get the necessary people around the table PDQ and get a plan of action up and running as a minimum and get on It now not next f ucking week.

The football we are being served up Is not acceptable , on the odd occasion I can put up with the shithousery as and when needs must, I'm watching players who sometimes dont look like they know what's expected of them either that or they are bloody thick or just plain and simple useless after all.

We are either gonna see huge changes at the club In the coming weeks or unless I'm mistaken we are going to be In serious trouble next season which Is almost stating the bloody obvious.

I'll pin my flag to the mast without hesitation and say that Ainsworth Is not the Man for the job, nobody would be happier than me to be proved wrong but that's how I see It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 18:38 - May 8 with 4729 viewsRuislipHoop

Just back on 18:34 - May 8 by ted_hendrix

Thank gawd It's over and by over I mean the season that's all, It's now that the hard work starts wholesale changes can be a disaster and not always the answer but someone (I'm not sure who) need to get the necessary people around the table PDQ and get a plan of action up and running as a minimum and get on It now not next f ucking week.

The football we are being served up Is not acceptable , on the odd occasion I can put up with the shithousery as and when needs must, I'm watching players who sometimes dont look like they know what's expected of them either that or they are bloody thick or just plain and simple useless after all.

We are either gonna see huge changes at the club In the coming weeks or unless I'm mistaken we are going to be In serious trouble next season which Is almost stating the bloody obvious.

I'll pin my flag to the mast without hesitation and say that Ainsworth Is not the Man for the job, nobody would be happier than me to be proved wrong but that's how I see It.

👍GA is totally the wrong man,he does not exude professionalism or authority.
Just back on 18:39 - May 8 with 4719 viewsW12Mikey

Just back on 18:12 - May 8 by BlackCrowe

It's true but Willock can bvgger off. Ainsworth shouting at him to close a Bristol defender down, there's no way he couldn't have not heard but just ignored him. That's why he's become a bench warmer

I agree - he has been worse than useless in recent games and I will be glad to see him go if we can get almost any amount of money for him.
Just back on 18:41 - May 8 with 4673 viewsdigswellhoop

Just back on 17:59 - May 8 by numptydumpty

Season ticket holder for many years.

I left two minutes from the end as I chose not to clap the players and staff because it would have been hypocritical.

I am personally not renewing my season ticket next season.

Am going spend more time with my good lady and may pop down the local rugby club also and basically enjoy my weekends etc.

I will go to a few games here and there but not enough to warrant a season ticket.

And with the economy in free fall, I can't justify the outlay to get up London so often.

If by some miracle at Christmas we are doing well, I will buy a half season ticket.

But with the style of play, the lack of effort, and a need for wholesale changes we can't afford, it looks like more of the same.

If you have Dixon Bonner on the bench at least give him a few minutes on the pitch. Decisions by Ainsworth have been questionable.

We have been very lucky indeed not to be relegated.

Not a great time to be a Rangers fan.

your absolutely correct same old rrss
Just back on 18:44 - May 8 with 4633 viewsEastR

I'm not expecting to open the blinds in the morning and find any of the squad clapping to me for my support for the season. Didn't hang around. Works both ways.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Just back on 18:46 - May 8 with 4583 viewsHarbour

Yes agree it was very poor today surprised no changes fir the game. Once the first went in heads dropped. Second goal terrible defending. Thought decent shout for a pen on Dickie think we still would have lost. Zero shots on target tells a story. Thank god the seasons over
Just back on 18:48 - May 8 with 4525 viewsDamo1962

I haven't seen a lot of the football since GA arrived, but I am starting to hear a few alarm bells now. I just hope it is these players that are the problem, so that is a boil you can be lanced. Next season won't be pretty for sure...but just being harder to beat would be a start. Massive summer ahead.
Just back on 18:49 - May 8 with 4530 viewsjoe90

Just back on 17:47 - May 8 by eastside_r

Nope, I left as soon the ref blew the whistle. Wasn’t staying around to see the players.
Just back on 18:49 - May 8 with 4528 viewsbaz_qpr

Thing is we are not even remotely competitive , yes a lot of blame for the players but jeeze that set up, yes we were ok for a bit in the first half but truth be told we never actually ever seemed in control of the football, half chances at best. Thanks Gareth for getting us over the line but really no thanks if this is what I am watching next year.

I think we can all see the crash coming at us, unless he’s off to a flyer we will have a dozen new players and a new manager which does not want them by October
Just back on 18:59 - May 8 with 4448 viewsJuzzie

As it was only our third game of the season decided to hang around just, if anything, for my boy to see the players a bit more close up.
If I had have to seen a whole season of that I’d have fked off right on the final whistle.

Sat in the lower school end just behind the goal and the second didn’t look like a corner to them and potentially offside for the goal but no hiding how poor we were.
Highlights of the day…. my boy having a good hour or so in the powerleague site before the game, the applause on 14 minutes, seeing a Bristol flag being pulled down from above, Millwall naffing it up at home on the last day and the whole Reading 6 point thing put to bed as it’s Cardiff that benefited, embarrassingly, in the end.

Roll on next season.

[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:00]
Just back on 19:07 - May 8 with 4294 viewsnumptydumpty

Just back on 18:49 - May 8 by baz_qpr

Thing is we are not even remotely competitive , yes a lot of blame for the players but jeeze that set up, yes we were ok for a bit in the first half but truth be told we never actually ever seemed in control of the football, half chances at best. Thanks Gareth for getting us over the line but really no thanks if this is what I am watching next year.

I think we can all see the crash coming at us, unless he’s off to a flyer we will have a dozen new players and a new manager which does not want them by October

Like others and want Ainsworth to work and today was the day to try a different set up and see if some of our more skilful players could indeed work in a more attacking formation.

But nothing so GA has already alienated several players who could have been attacking threats for us if he was less rigid in our systems.

The praising of Albert, Martin and Johansen, suggesting all would be kept on for their leadership qualities. Unfortunately with all three father time has greatly reduced their abilities to a level below the championship.

But the not bringing on Dixon Bonner, that was criminal as far as I am concerned. Would have wound the lad up no end and was dreadful management skills. If he had him on the bench, don't bring Dozzell on, give the lad his moment. That decision alone was shocking and with this crap system if okay in a dead rubber again, that's massively poor vision and management.

Today was an opportunity not taken.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 22:46]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Just back on 19:07 - May 8 with 4291 viewsManinBlack

Sick of this team and the whole lot can go no exceptions. Just because we stayed up doesn't mask how terrible we have been. The home record is a disgrace and today was the same old garbage. So soft and delicate with barely any resistance and attacking prowess on a par of a gnat facing a herd of rhinos. All hope lost thanks to this mob.
Just back on 19:14 - May 8 with 4199 viewsHeadington

Accurate summary! Disappointed with line-up. Wasted opportunity. Dixon-Bonner has looked good on few occasions I've sen him for B team or as sub. Why not give him a go. Pointless bringing on Dozzell and Johansen.
Just back on 19:15 - May 8 with 4187 viewsthame_hoops

Just back on 18:44 - May 8 by EastR

I'm not expecting to open the blinds in the morning and find any of the squad clapping to me for my support for the season. Didn't hang around. Works both ways.

Just imagine if that actually happened. You open your blinds and stood outside your window is Dykes and Willock clapping you😄
Just back on 19:42 - May 8 with 3957 viewsDamo1962

Just back on 18:44 - May 8 by EastR

The players deserve nothing. Supporters have been brilliant this season.
Just back on 19:43 - May 8 with 3940 viewsKerryE

I never leave before the end. Just like to see the full 90 whatever.

But I do normally stay for a friendly clap off the pitch, but not today.
Last week at Stoke the fans gave everything- but today the players etc did not.

I'm already worried about next season.
Just back on 20:23 - May 8 with 3659 viewsterryb

Just back on 19:14 - May 8 by Headington

Accurate summary! Disappointed with line-up. Wasted opportunity. Dixon-Bonner has looked good on few occasions I've sen him for B team or as sub. Why not give him a go. Pointless bringing on Dozzell and Johansen.

I also can't understand this. Dixon-Bonner has have been a sub for close to 8 games & has probably not had as much as 15 minutes on the pitch.

It may be that he isn't good enough, but how will we know unless he is on the pitch. We've seen more than enough of Dozzell & Johansen to know that they are not good enough either!

I thought we had a 5 minute period in the first half where we looked better, but that was it. The rest of the game we were every bit as bad as against Birmingham, Wigan etc.

Now I'm looking forward to the excitement of finding out how much they are charging me to renew my ST. I will do this, but only because of meeting friends that I've made through watching my club. It certainly won't be because of the football on display.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 20:26]
Just back on 20:46 - May 8 with 3519 viewsjoe90

Just back on 19:07 - May 8 by numptydumpty

Like others and want Ainsworth to work and today was the day to try a different set up and see if some of our more skilful players could indeed work in a more attacking formation.

But nothing so GA has already alienated several players who could have been attacking threats for us if he was less rigid in our systems.

The praising of Albert, Martin and Johansen, suggesting all would be kept on for their leadership qualities. Unfortunately with all three father time has greatly reduced their abilities to a level below the championship.

But the not bringing on Dixon Bonner, that was criminal as far as I am concerned. Would have wound the lad up no end and was dreadful management skills. If he had him on the bench, don't bring Dozzell on, give the lad his moment. That decision alone was shocking and with this crap system if okay in a dead rubber again, that's massively poor vision and management.

Today was an opportunity not taken.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 22:46]

To be honest I wasn’t paying a great deal of attention to the game (brought a friend along to support me through the last 90 mins of the season) and thought it can’t really get much worse than this…Obviously it could and it did when GA brought on Dozzell. For me he is another level of sh1t. Not purposely crap or underperforming like some of the others, who retain a glimmer of hope, but a player that embodies the absence of hope. It’s all gone when he comes on. If there’s ever a time to leave a game it’s when he comes on. You may as well be playing with 10 men. I can’t think of player in recent times that has brought so little to the team, who has such little impact on the game to the extent you actually forget he’s on the pitch. I would love to see him go. I mean literally see him back his bags and walk out the door. Watch it with my own two eyes. Actually watch him do something. If I don’t see it happen for all I know he could be on the pitch next season again and again I might not notice.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 20:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024