Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR 19:24 - May 8 with 15625 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is what I don't get. He's talking more and more about transfrers as if he has, or wants, control over them. Shouldn't he be saying that he's looking forward to working with the DoF, or the recruitment team etc?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-wants-proper-team-and-big-changes-

[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:46]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:29 - May 8 with 7198 viewswood_hoop

Maybe he will be given more free reign than is thought?

Bye Bye Les ?

Until closer to the start of the new season who knows
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:33 - May 8 with 7127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Maybe.

It's curious wording in a few interviews now.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:40 - May 8 with 7021 viewsGaryBannister86

I reckon his pitch to the board is "trust me", in that I know the players I need and if I get them I will turn us into the next Crazy Gang.

Personally, not happy with this and if LF is still around he has to stop it.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:40 - May 8 with 7022 viewswood_hoop

Maybe I am not so downbeat oh GA as others, which is very understandable, he will have a clean sheet to start with, grateful he has pulled off a miracle, was dealt a very poor hand to start with.

A couple of months to change the squad massively will not be easy , I don]t think current DoF or Hoos are that big an advantage, not having them around could be in his favour.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:40 - May 8 with 6970 viewsDamo1962

Hopefully GA will be working with a DOF who knows what they are doing. The owners have probably bought into Gareth's "my way, or the highway" plan. God knows what that is though 🤔
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:40 - May 8 with 7019 viewsHeadington

Agree Brian. It is all a bit uncertain at the moment - will we have a DOF and if so which one? Assume Ainsworth is staying as he is on a contract but no words yet from Dof or owners to publicly support him in his rebuilding.

Today was strange - odd line-up and looked like a missed opportunity to give the fans something to cheer about (even if we lose) with young players making an appearance. Can't have helped season ticket applications,.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:44 - May 8 with 6953 viewsJamesB1979

Not quite certain how it will all fit together. Pretty certain Ainsworth type players will be very different to ones we’re recruiting and developing in the youth set up.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:47 - May 8 with 6874 viewsDWQPR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:44 - May 8 by JamesB1979

Not quite certain how it will all fit together. Pretty certain Ainsworth type players will be very different to ones we’re recruiting and developing in the youth set up.

We’re developing players in the youth set up? Really? Must have missed that one. But back to Ainsworth the quote after the match also included ’hopefully I get the backing’…..
[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:49]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:52 - May 8 with 6796 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:47 - May 8 by DWQPR

We’re developing players in the youth set up? Really? Must have missed that one. But back to Ainsworth the quote after the match also included ’hopefully I get the backing’…..

It did, to be fair.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:56 - May 8 with 6719 viewsBoston

We've managed to lose a lot of ways over the last couple of decades, surely Ainsworth should get a crack at his method?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:59 - May 8 with 6677 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:56 - May 8 by Boston

We've managed to lose a lot of ways over the last couple of decades, surely Ainsworth should get a crack at his method?

I think I've seen enough already thanks
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:02 - May 8 with 6654 viewsbosh67

I love Gareth as a character and as a player. His heart is totally in this. I guess if we had won today we would all be feeling a little differently. The biggest fear I have is that we'll lose a lot of players over the summer and come out in August playing very much the same way. He's very experienced at playing football a certain way and I am very much wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can play another way. He adjusted the style to get the wins we needed but in terms of the fast flowing football we sometimes see in this division, and the way we played under Warburton, I am struggling to see him really doing that.

Nothing against Gareth, something against Beale and nothing against Critchley, but although we were on a bad run at the end, what were they thinking in terms of getting rid of Warburton? I seem to remember it was something to do with him not playing the kids because he didn't think they were good enough at that time. However, our style of football was about entertainment and although we al love good results, football is an entertainment industry and people pay their hard earned money to watch entertaining football, even if you don't win much in the process.

It's the first time I can remember in ages thinking blimey if we play anything like this next season we'll be left behind forever by most teams at this level who simply play better football at a higher standard. I hope I am very much wrong.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:04 - May 8 with 6622 viewsQPR_John

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:44 - May 8 by JamesB1979

Are we developing players in the youth set up??
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:04 - May 8 with 6605 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:33 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe.

It's curious wording in a few interviews now.

come on Bri, it's been obvious for months Les is off. I don't know why we're pretending otherwise. Ruben and Amit didn't even mention him in a 20 minute interview, and he hasn't said a word since Critch left.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:04 - May 8 with 6603 viewsCateLeBonR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:40 - May 8 by Headington

Agree Brian. It is all a bit uncertain at the moment - will we have a DOF and if so which one? Assume Ainsworth is staying as he is on a contract but no words yet from Dof or owners to publicly support him in his rebuilding.

Today was strange - odd line-up and looked like a missed opportunity to give the fans something to cheer about (even if we lose) with young players making an appearance. Can't have helped season ticket applications,.

I thought a win would have washed over what happened before. I'm quite glad we lost actually. It was a nonsense match anyway I'm not sure I saw a single tackle.

I'll be renewing my season ticket. Were many people really going to make up their minds on renewing based on today? I doubt it.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:06 - May 8 with 6538 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:04 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

come on Bri, it's been obvious for months Les is off. I don't know why we're pretending otherwise. Ruben and Amit didn't even mention him in a 20 minute interview, and he hasn't said a word since Critch left.

You may well be right, Antti, and I would guess that you are, but I'm getting increasingly worried that he might not be replaced.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:10 - May 8 with 6462 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:06 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

You may well be right, Antti, and I would guess that you are, but I'm getting increasingly worried that he might not be replaced.

agree with that.

We'll be relegated next season.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:11 - May 8 with 6448 viewsFrankRightguard

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:06 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Having a DoF makes no odds at Rangers anyway as every manager just signs all their own players anyway. The biggest failure of the DoF is the fact we are supposed to be following the model of developing and selling and we do neither.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:12 - May 8 with 6447 viewsRuislipHoop

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:47 - May 8 by DWQPR

You saw the future at half time,apparently.Walking around the pitch with 2 of CRs deciples
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:16 - May 8 with 6389 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ainsworth-post-qprbrc-080523/

Post match today. There are some interesting comments in there, the main one being if the club was doing a lot better I wouldn't be here. As above I am not sure he can do it but it was perhaps a glimpse into what he's really thought of what he's found here and perhaps that will be reflected in who gets shown the door and how quickly they are shown it?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:18 - May 8 with 6356 viewsRuislipHoop

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:16 - May 8 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ainsworth-post-qprbrc-080523/

Post match today. There are some interesting comments in there, the main one being if the club was doing a lot better I wouldn't be here. As above I am not sure he can do it but it was perhaps a glimpse into what he's really thought of what he's found here and perhaps that will be reflected in who gets shown the door and how quickly they are shown it?

GF was obviously cheap,in and potentially out.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:23 - May 8 with 6285 viewsSonofpugwash

Maybe a misquote?Really said "I want a bigger changing room"?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:49 - May 8 with 6121 viewsManinBlack

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:02 - May 8 by bosh67

I love Gareth as a character and as a player. His heart is totally in this. I guess if we had won today we would all be feeling a little differently. The biggest fear I have is that we'll lose a lot of players over the summer and come out in August playing very much the same way. He's very experienced at playing football a certain way and I am very much wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can play another way. He adjusted the style to get the wins we needed but in terms of the fast flowing football we sometimes see in this division, and the way we played under Warburton, I am struggling to see him really doing that.

Nothing against Gareth, something against Beale and nothing against Critchley, but although we were on a bad run at the end, what were they thinking in terms of getting rid of Warburton? I seem to remember it was something to do with him not playing the kids because he didn't think they were good enough at that time. However, our style of football was about entertainment and although we al love good results, football is an entertainment industry and people pay their hard earned money to watch entertaining football, even if you don't win much in the process.

It's the first time I can remember in ages thinking blimey if we play anything like this next season we'll be left behind forever by most teams at this level who simply play better football at a higher standard. I hope I am very much wrong.

I agree with most of what you say Bosh apart from your fear of losing players. I am more afraid we will keep some of the rubbish. I want the lot gone. In fact if you told me the EFL have given us permission to field 11 Chloe Kelly's I would be more optimistic.

We have had three managers in the season and not one of them has been able to solve why we can't score down the Loft end. We have been pathetic at home virtually all season which is hardly going to entice people back or renew season tickets. Zero entertainment and goals from a bunch of wasters. I won't miss any of them they have bored me to death. How can a team only score 5 or 6 goals in 23 home games where their own fans congregate?

We were very lucky that an unlucky 13 wins kept us up but our goal difference matched Wigan down at the bottom. This is all down to the players as the managers have not been able to change things. We need a wholesale clear out and to start again rather like gutting a property and rebuilding from scratch. Gareth does need to boot out these charlatans and bring in players with more fight, better attitudes, a willingness to win, more leaders and people who, like Gareth, consider it to be a privilege to play for us. Far too many lame duckshave played for us in the last 30 years. We are like a rest home for clapped out players and weak as water characters.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:57 - May 8 with 6005 viewsVancouverHoop

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:04 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

He was yucking it up in the stand today. Didn't look as if he was on his way out, but maybe it was relief showing.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:11 - May 8 with 5899 viewsaston_hoop

My biggest worry is the system, thats got to be the big change. If our fans want players who's main attributes is that they work hard and run around a lot, thats great, but to have a few players like that would need to be backed up by some quality. When we have players like Chair being stuck out onto the wing or Willock being stuck on the bench, we are not even finding ways to correctly utilise the quality we do have. That is before we go about replacing it as we'll need to do. I know some of the players are shite, but some of them were very good under a good manager (I know, lets not go there again), they were a very good side. You are not going to win games with the best player in Ilias Chair on the left wing, a finished Albert Adomah on the right wing and Martin and Dykes up font together in the most immobile forward line not containing someone called Ciro.

Do people think we can recruit players for development and selling on the way we play? Are people thinking that an agent with League 1 or League 2 players looking to make the step up and with lots of interest and think that QPR playing that way is the best move for their client?

I'm worried this season we're in the Reading and Cardiff market now, trying to pick up jobbing players at this level who have previously not lived up to expectation in hope that they'll work out for us and form a functional team

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024