Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell & Kakay 12:03 - May 11 with 13606 viewsCamberleyR

Have made the worst Championship XI of the season...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:50 - May 15 with 2170 viewsHunterhoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:37 - May 14 by HammersmithR

I used the phrase ā€˜ourā€™ club which it is. He is stealing a living. He must be on 5k a week at least. He is garbage. He won the lottery with Hammalainen when Les gave them a 4 year contract. Look at his record for us when he has started a game. You can count our victories on 1 hand. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is pony and if he is earning over 250k a year from us he is stealing a living. When he gets released next summer never in a million years will he ever be at the Championship level in his life again. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a nice bloke, but heā€™s not good enough for our level of football.

I strongly doubt heā€™s on Ā£5k per week. A few years back the club had a Ā£12k per week cap. Only the best were at that level. Eze was on Ā£6k per week, I believe, when we sold himā€¦I read somewhere that the last contract heā€™d signed had moved him to that.

When Kakay got his 4 year deal, I would strongly guess it was on quite low weekly terms. My guess would be heā€™s on 2-3k per week with bonuses. May be wrong.

I donā€™t think heā€™s stealing a living at all. I actually think heā€™s improved this year, especially on the ball and attacking. Heā€™s a squad player at this level, but you need squad players. No one can afford a squad of starters, with the associated wages they demand. But also you need characters who are content with a role of back up to maintain harmony. Kakay gives his all, works hard, and fills a need. Iā€™d renew him again on low money (comparatively) when his contract expires.
Dozzell & Kakay on 11:18 - May 15 with 2079 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Dozzell & Kakay on 18:31 - May 11 by davman

...and this is the thing I do not understand.

The key word there, Bri, is "opinions". Like a**eholes, we all have one. Footballing ability is NOT measurable, so no-one can say that their view is definitive in terms of who is the best and who is the worst.

I can honestly say that I have watched Ozzie for a few years now and honestly do not get the view that he is awful - yes, he has made mistakes (haven't they all), but he is an honest, hard working footballer. In my opinion, he is not the best, but he is a long way away from the worst - I mean, compare him to Nico! (MY opinion).

But there are others on here who opine just how crap Ozzie is. I don't get them; they can't be wrong as it is THEIR opinion, but I don't get it.

I could go on about a large number of others too. Charlie Austin last season, massive case in point for me. He was dog awful since he signed permanently bar one game v Everton and then his farewell performance. MY opinion (shared by my son, but he's hardly impartial) yet there are some that fervently defend him even suggesting he should have been kept on - absolute nonsense (in MY opinion...).

As to our comments affecting the players, I'm afraid that I am in the "ah diddums" space. Would I say what I type to their face? I'd like to think so as I genuinely don't think I go overboard on here on and like 99% of us, wtf do I really know about football? Why should MY opinion matter? It shouldn't and if it really does, don't go looking ffs; people giving their opinion on sports and other "performers" is hardly a new thing.

Spot on. You have people in this world living in squalour, no job, kids to feed, illness, yet they are positive and show toughness.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 11:20]

DonnieR

Dozzell & Kakay on 11:25 - May 15 with 2044 viewsrobith

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:24 - May 12 by Antti_Heinola

'Stealing a living?' - not really. Some people not brilliant, some people a bit slow etc etc. But 'stealing a living' implies doing absolutely nothing at all, and doing that nothing slyly to fool people. Ossie Kakay trains every day, works hard by all accounts, does stuff in local community, plays when selected. How the fk is that 'stealing' anything? I get accused of being a bit high-minded on here (fairly) but the idea of someone who's never met Ossie, doesn't know him, accusing him of that seems the height of arrogance and ignorance simultaneously to me.

This is the thing for me.

I don't mind criticism of their playing ability or performances, and I don't mind it being quite harsh if warranted

But recently there has been this massive leap into huge, baseless character assassinations of players people don't like and that's ugly imo
Dozzell & Kakay on 11:27 - May 15 with 2037 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell & Kakay on 11:25 - May 15 by robith

I don't mind criticism of their playing ability or performances, and I don't mind it being quite harsh if warranted

But recently there has been this massive leap into huge, baseless character assassinations of players people don't like and that's ugly imo

Depends which players you mean. I think some of the accusations against some of them are merited.
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:05 - May 15 with 1915 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dozzell & Kakay on 11:25 - May 15 by robith

One word to describe your last paragraph -TOXIC

And the part that bothers me, is that its no longer a minority sadly

Take Dykes for example, the abuse he received on a personal level, and it even continued whilst he was in hospital with a potentially life threatening illness
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:23 - May 15 with 1835 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:33 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

So at which point does abuse become unacceptable?

As I read it, when you turn off your 'on line' device

Cant work out why the onus is on the victim to have to come off social media
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:43 - May 15 with 1763 viewsSheffieldHoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:45 - May 14 by Superhoops2808

Apparently Patrick Bamford receiving death threats after missing penalty yesterday via online methods

I suppose there are people within this thread that feel that's acceptable 'poor him and perhaps he should try to be better' or 'water of a ducks back to him' or 'snowflakes'.

I am interested to know at what point this becomes unacceptable??

If it had just been announced that Dewsbury mosque had placed a fatwa on him - Fair comment. That would be a serious death threat.

If it's some anonymous account sending messages from the Middle East (Possibly a bot), which seems to be a lot of these messages, then why is it even being amplified? What do you expect anyone to do about it? Why would you expect anyone to take it seriously, or even care? It's baffling.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:12 - May 15 with 1606 viewsTheChef

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:09 - May 12 by joe90

Apparently this is Andre Dozzell. My theory is he died in Germany and the club hired an actor to replace him. Internet conspiracy 101ā€¦or have I actually uncovered a dark story?

Edit: In sick twist of irony even a video of Dozzell wonā€™t play.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 16:36]

Based on his reaction to scoring a goal like that, maybe he just doesn't like playing football?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:53 - May 15 with 1536 viewsLblock

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:33 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

So at which point does abuse become unacceptable?

Doesnā€™t that question bring is back to the character side of things?

Itā€™s an individual thing isnā€™t it, but I donā€™t get why everything these days needs to be dumbed down to the (canā€™t think of another descriptive noun here so) weakest level.
There are exceptions though.

Abuse of people who are male, pale and stale is accepted, abuse of the rich is actively encouraged and abuse of anyone who doesnā€™t comply with whatever each of stands for or views we have seems to be the default of 99.99% of us!!!

You can call me what you like (especially when Iā€™m sober) and I wouldnā€™t give a rats arse.
Do I ever feel victimised or abused? Yes I do (see statement above) but would I let it keep me awake at night? Never. Not in a million years. Thereā€™s nothing you could give me as abuse I wouldnā€™t laugh at or come back at you at ā€“ rip the piss by all means.

Slander - mmmmmmmmm dodgy ground there. Openly accuse me of things that might effect my living then weā€™re into a different ball game and thatā€™s not acceptable.

Whatā€™s your answer?
I thought it might be ā€œno personal abuse is acceptableā€ but you say later on in this thread concentrating on abusing the opposition players works for you. Maybe thereā€™s an international scale of abuse levels Iā€™m unaware of!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:17 - May 15 with 1376 viewsPunteR

Has dozzell and Kakay come out and said how they feel about this list?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:59 - May 15 with 1309 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:17 - May 15 by PunteR

Dozzell has given it to Field to deal with.
Dozzell & Kakay on 20:26 - May 15 with 1244 viewsLblock

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:17 - May 15 by PunteR

Dozzell heard about the list and hid

Kakay tried to tackle it head on but missed it and all was lost

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:08 - May 16 with 1093 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:53 - May 15 by Lblock

Doesnā€™t that question bring is back to the character side of things?

Itā€™s an individual thing isnā€™t it, but I donā€™t get why everything these days needs to be dumbed down to the (canā€™t think of another descriptive noun here so) weakest level.
There are exceptions though.

Abuse of people who are male, pale and stale is accepted, abuse of the rich is actively encouraged and abuse of anyone who doesnā€™t comply with whatever each of stands for or views we have seems to be the default of 99.99% of us!!!

You can call me what you like (especially when Iā€™m sober) and I wouldnā€™t give a rats arse.
Do I ever feel victimised or abused? Yes I do (see statement above) but would I let it keep me awake at night? Never. Not in a million years. Thereā€™s nothing you could give me as abuse I wouldnā€™t laugh at or come back at you at ā€“ rip the piss by all means.

Slander - mmmmmmmmm dodgy ground there. Openly accuse me of things that might effect my living then weā€™re into a different ball game and thatā€™s not acceptable.

Whatā€™s your answer?
I thought it might be ā€œno personal abuse is acceptableā€ but you say later on in this thread concentrating on abusing the opposition players works for you. Maybe thereā€™s an international scale of abuse levels Iā€™m unaware of!

Thank you for taking the time to pen a considered response. Abuse of the opposition in my case is the usual booing and jeering, definitely not the personal stuff such as the Drogba song which was disgusting and a sad indictment of those who chanted it. I try to base my levels of abuse along the lines of "would I say it to their face"? if the answer is no then I keep my trap shut.
You appear to have been blessed with no adverse mental health issues and that is an extremely good thing but your response to how abuse affect you shows a wider lack of empathy. Caroline Flack's is a poignant reminder that people DO get seriously affected by personal abuse and you don't appear to take this into consideration.
As I also mentioned earlier in the thread, I have had a couple of conversations with players over the fragility suffered by some wrt personal abuse and it is real. Mental health isn't boundaried by how much you earn or your fame so the argument "they get paid thousands, get over it" isn't addressing the issue at all. Comebacks are not the answer in many cases as all it does is escalate the issue with responses plastered all over social media and a toxic pile on.
It may be simplistic of me to think that people should be supportive of our players as we don't know what they are going through or the reasons for it but there are people, not just on this board, who appear to deflect their own shortcomings and insecurities into rage against people who have no right of reply without any foundation in fact or genuine knowledge. Freedom of speech is very important but so to is a responsibility to not use that freedom of speech to cause distress to those belittled by that speech.

The grass is always greener.

Dozzell & Kakay on 16:51 - May 16 with 903 viewsSheffieldHoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 09:08 - May 16 by Esox_Lucius

Thank you for taking the time to pen a considered response. Abuse of the opposition in my case is the usual booing and jeering, definitely not the personal stuff such as the Drogba song which was disgusting and a sad indictment of those who chanted it. I try to base my levels of abuse along the lines of "would I say it to their face"? if the answer is no then I keep my trap shut.
You appear to have been blessed with no adverse mental health issues and that is an extremely good thing but your response to how abuse affect you shows a wider lack of empathy. Caroline Flack's is a poignant reminder that people DO get seriously affected by personal abuse and you don't appear to take this into consideration.
As I also mentioned earlier in the thread, I have had a couple of conversations with players over the fragility suffered by some wrt personal abuse and it is real. Mental health isn't boundaried by how much you earn or your fame so the argument "they get paid thousands, get over it" isn't addressing the issue at all. Comebacks are not the answer in many cases as all it does is escalate the issue with responses plastered all over social media and a toxic pile on.
It may be simplistic of me to think that people should be supportive of our players as we don't know what they are going through or the reasons for it but there are people, not just on this board, who appear to deflect their own shortcomings and insecurities into rage against people who have no right of reply without any foundation in fact or genuine knowledge. Freedom of speech is very important but so to is a responsibility to not use that freedom of speech to cause distress to those belittled by that speech.

Does calling an entire race of people "Child murdering scum" count as abuse?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024