Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russian coup attempt 18:14 - Jun 24 with 6192 viewstraininvain

Wagner group 60 miles outside Moscow according to reports and 25,000 strong. They’ve already taken Rostov-on-Don (Russian military HQ) and military supplies. Putin’s reported to have fled Moscow.

Not sure how this all ends but Wagner group taking control of nuclear weapons probably isn’t a good outcome for the rest of the world.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 18:29]
Russian coup attempt on 18:26 - Jun 24 with 4115 viewsdistortR

It's terrifying, but I do wonder if someone else is financing him now.
Russian coup attempt on 18:31 - Jun 24 with 4100 viewstraininvain

Russian coup attempt on 18:26 - Jun 24 by distortR

It's terrifying, but I do wonder if someone else is financing him now.

Maybe the oligarchs have had enough of the ‘special operation’ that was only meant to last a few days. Have to wonder what Putin’s capable of with his back against the wall like this.
Russian coup attempt on 18:34 - Jun 24 with 4075 viewsaston_hoop

They've turned back now, not going to proceed to Moscow.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Russian coup attempt on 18:40 - Jun 24 with 4033 viewstraininvain

Russian coup attempt on 18:34 - Jun 24 by aston_hoop

They've turned back now, not going to proceed to Moscow.

Deescalation probably not a bad thing given the potential outcomes. But Putin’s looking very weak right now.
Russian coup attempt on 18:46 - Jun 24 with 3991 viewsted_hendrix

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer”

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Russian coup attempt on 18:49 - Jun 24 with 3972 viewsdistortR

Apparently the Wagner bloke has said he's come to an agreement with Putin. Given they've been taking down helicopters etc, hard to see how it will hold.
Russian coup attempt on 18:49 - Jun 24 with 3967 viewsslmrstid

Its all a bit wild but its a bit odd now if the Wagner bloke is turning back. He must have an enormous target on his back now. Not sure where this ends...
Russian coup attempt on 19:07 - Jun 24 with 3889 viewsE15Hoop

Russian coup attempt on 18:49 - Jun 24 by slmrstid

Its all a bit wild but its a bit odd now if the Wagner bloke is turning back. He must have an enormous target on his back now. Not sure where this ends...

Theoretically with Prigozhin having safe harbour in Belarus, but we've all seen this film before, haven't we?
You imagine he will meet with an "unfortunate accident" whilst being on vacation in a remote part of his new adopted homeland.
Login to get fewer ads

Russian coup attempt on 19:14 - Jun 24 with 3846 viewsSonofpugwash

Have been persuaded to turn round while Vlad is secure in his bunker.
It's not government,it's mafia infighting.
Shades of Wat Tyler.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russian coup attempt on 20:17 - Jun 24 with 3689 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Rostov-on-Don’

Have some of that DistortR 😆
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 20:18]
Russian coup attempt on 20:58 - Jun 24 with 3572 viewsJamesB1979

What’s more powerful is that the guy who has been doing Putin’s bidding in first Syria and now Ukraine has admitted that the reasons for the war were all b.ollocks. Hopefully this is beginning of end of the dictator and Russia can move on.
Russian coup attempt on 21:02 - Jun 24 with 3559 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I really yearn for the days of Boris Yeltsin when Russia seemed to be more like a long lost cousin.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 21:03]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Russian coup attempt on 21:36 - Jun 24 with 3458 viewswesty

Wagner never been the same since he was on the X Factor. Went all big time
Russian coup attempt on 22:26 - Jun 24 with 3291 viewsLblock

If I was Robert Wagner I’d avoid high level windows in Hospitals for a while

When they met ….. it was murder

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Russian coup attempt on 22:44 - Jun 24 with 3233 viewsMatch82

Russian coup attempt on 20:58 - Jun 24 by JamesB1979

What’s more powerful is that the guy who has been doing Putin’s bidding in first Syria and now Ukraine has admitted that the reasons for the war were all b.ollocks. Hopefully this is beginning of end of the dictator and Russia can move on.

I wish that was true but I thought this guy was marching because he did agree with the war but thought putin was being "too soft" ( i.e thinks he should be using nuclear). In which case talk of an agreement or compromise which means he turned back is very worrying
Russian coup attempt on 22:53 - Jun 24 with 3201 viewsbosh67

Yes I thought this may play out in favour of Ukraine but it seems to be getting very sinister now. Why we can't give the Ukraine military planes when we are giving them everything else is beyond me. If they had more airpower this offensive would be a lot more effective, but it feels like there is some weird thing where we actually don't want to make it any easier for them. I just don't get it and the fact that Wagner is going back to the war is hugely worrying.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Russian coup attempt on 23:56 - Jun 24 with 3045 viewsBoston

Russian coup attempt on 22:26 - Jun 24 by Lblock

If I was Robert Wagner I’d avoid high level windows in Hospitals for a while

When they met ….. it was murder

Why, is he not a 'Flying Dutchman'?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 23:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russian coup attempt on 00:23 - Jun 25 with 2998 viewsNov77

“You maybe the Wagner group, but you can’t come in my cab and tell me to fu*k off”

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Russian coup attempt on 00:27 - Jun 25 with 2989 viewsMrSheen

Russian coup attempt on 23:56 - Jun 24 by Boston

Why, is he not a 'Flying Dutchman'?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 23:57]

Not looking good for Wagner’s Ring.

Could you imagine how the people who thought 12 hours ago, “You know what, he seems a bit of a loose cannon, but we should support him” are feeling now?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 0:30]
Russian coup attempt on 02:22 - Jun 25 with 2903 viewsBoston

Russian coup attempt on 00:27 - Jun 25 by MrSheen

Not looking good for Wagner’s Ring.

Could you imagine how the people who thought 12 hours ago, “You know what, he seems a bit of a loose cannon, but we should support him” are feeling now?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 0:30]

Has PGA written all over it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russian coup attempt on 03:30 - Jun 25 with 2876 viewslave16

Russian coup attempt on 02:22 - Jun 25 by Boston

Has PGA written all over it.

The worrying thing is he's heading to Belarus where Putin has stashed a few nukes - he presses the button - Putin say's it wasn't us - what happens then!

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Russian coup attempt on 07:52 - Jun 25 with 2713 viewsMedwayR

Russian coup attempt on 19:07 - Jun 24 by E15Hoop

Theoretically with Prigozhin having safe harbour in Belarus, but we've all seen this film before, haven't we?
You imagine he will meet with an "unfortunate accident" whilst being on vacation in a remote part of his new adopted homeland.

Or the Wagner group go to Belarus, stage a coup there and suddenly Belarus is part of Russia.

Poll: Who’s better?

Russian coup attempt on 08:29 - Jun 25 with 2634 viewsDorse

He'll be Chelsea's new owner by Wednesday.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Russian coup attempt on 08:44 - Jun 25 with 2599 viewsTomS

Russian coup attempt on 22:53 - Jun 24 by bosh67

Yes I thought this may play out in favour of Ukraine but it seems to be getting very sinister now. Why we can't give the Ukraine military planes when we are giving them everything else is beyond me. If they had more airpower this offensive would be a lot more effective, but it feels like there is some weird thing where we actually don't want to make it any easier for them. I just don't get it and the fact that Wagner is going back to the war is hugely worrying.

I suspect a fear is that in the event that modern NATO planes get shot down, that the wreckage may be captured by the Russians and the technology analysed. It may lead to them catching up with NATO in terms of designing future fighter planes.
Russian coup attempt on 13:08 - Jun 25 with 2415 viewsAirtomoreira

I think Mr Wagner's location will be this year's holiday destination for the "Salisbury Tourists"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024