Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic In 17:32 - Jul 17 with 16296 viewsQPRSteve

Begovic confirmed

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/asmir-begovic-completes-qpr-move-170723/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 17:33]
Begovic In on 21:31 - Jan 11 with 2232 viewsloftupper

Begovic In on 21:25 - Jan 11 by Superhoops2808

So Gazza...

Not bad for a player that you have labelled a Dud - Or words to that effect

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/begovic-championshop-december-potm/

Out of a minimum 264 players, he is considered to have played within the top 4

Certainly not the worst player in that defence, but value wise, not so sure. Must be on huge wage compared to some of the others.
Begovic In on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 2078 viewsgazza1

So Gazza...

It isn’t just about 4/5 matches in the month of December….i have seen enough to know that he is a pretty average goalkeeper who throws in goals, who can’t play football like keepers need to nowadays and more and has cost us points plus, of course, he must surely be costing us a few bob.

But hey, if you think he a fab keeper then sobeit but your expectations are certainly a lot lot lower than mine.
Begovic In on 22:22 - Jan 11 with 2016 viewsNorthernr

Anybody in their right mind think he's even been in the best four QPR players, never mind the best four int he division. Costing us a goal every other game at the moment (Millwall, Cardiff, Bournemouth) but makes saves that look good on highlights reels.
Begovic In on 23:46 - Jan 11 with 1890 viewsNoelmc

Begovic In on 22:22 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Anybody in their right mind think he's even been in the best four QPR players, never mind the best four int he division. Costing us a goal every other game at the moment (Millwall, Cardiff, Bournemouth) but makes saves that look good on highlights reels.

If he wins Championship player of the month it will be the most undeserved award since Paula Vennells received her CBE.
Begovic In on 01:42 - Jan 12 with 1810 viewsQPROslo

So Gazza...

Begovic is seriously underrated on here, but not the only one.
Begovic In on 06:24 - Jan 12 with 1696 viewsdmm

Begovic In on 07:45 - Jan 12 with 1600 viewsNorthernr

Begovic In on 01:42 - Jan 12 by QPROslo

Oh yeh we're brimming with great players, that's why we're second bottom of the league.
Begovic In on 08:13 - Jan 12 with 1522 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic In on 01:42 - Jan 12 by QPROslo

For his shot-stopping maybe but compare his command of the area for set pieces to Seny Dieng, one's world class and one you'd been giving the wtf stare after his recent flailing if he did that in your Sunday League Team.

Similar to JCS and Dozzell, superb movement (former obviously) and short passing technique (latter) but I think both would get bullied and be ineffective in the lower leagues let alone the Championship.

In the words of Roy Keane if it's not going well kick someone, can you seriously see these two having the desire to even do that?
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic In on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 1359 viewsQPROslo

Begovic In on 07:45 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Oh yeh we're brimming with great players, that's why we're second bottom of the league.

No we're not brimming with great players, we're brimming with cheap options past their best and young players not yet at their best, if they ever will be. So from that baseline Begovic certainly deserves the recognition his performances December merited for some amazing saves and decent all round games.
Begovic In on 12:37 - Jan 12 with 1286 viewsNorthernr

Begovic In on 10:46 - Jan 12 by QPROslo

No we're not brimming with great players, we're brimming with cheap options past their best and young players not yet at their best, if they ever will be. So from that baseline Begovic certainly deserves the recognition his performances December merited for some amazing saves and decent all round games.

Not for the first time, I feel like I go somewhere else on a Saturday by mistake.
Begovic In on 12:50 - Jan 12 with 1258 viewsTheChef

Begovic In on 12:37 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Not for the first time, I feel like I go somewhere else on a Saturday by mistake.

Who knew the metaverse is an actual thing?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Begovic In on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 1257 viewsterryb

Begovic In on 10:46 - Jan 12 by QPROslo

Oslo, a genuine question.

Is there any reason behind your continual defending of goalkeepers? In the past you stated that Dieng was only responsible for one goal conceeded last season & that he should have been our player of the season. I'm not sure that anyone agreed with you!

Begovic has made some fine saves, but he has also been responsible /partly responsible for quite a few goals that we've given away. As was Dieng last season.
[Post edited 12 Jan 12:55]
Begovic In on 12:54 - Jan 12 with 1242 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic In on 22:22 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Come on, some of his recent saves have been excellent and shouldn’t be downplayed

Pity about the errors though as they obviously cancel each other out at the end of the day.
Begovic In on 13:09 - Jan 12 with 1213 viewsNorthernr

Begovic In on 12:54 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Come on, some of his recent saves have been excellent and shouldn’t be downplayed

Pity about the errors though as they obviously cancel each other out at the end of the day.

This season I think he's had excellent games at Birmingham and Boro which won us four points. At Ipswich two brilliant saves to win us a point. And against Hull if memory serves some very important saves there to get us three points.

I also think he's been extremely ropey in other games, made some bad mistakes, and made a lot of saves which look quite nice on the TV but any keeper at this level really should be making in their sleep.
Begovic In on 13:16 - Jan 12 with 1190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I normally defend goalies a lot as well.

I think Begovic has made some really fine saves, made lots of other saves that were standard but still owed much to good positioning and I think he's been better than many thought he would be or even would credit with him now.

But he's also committed some really bad errors. That will outweigh the positives nearly every time.

As for his distribution, it's improved under Cifuentes but it's still clear that he's not suited to our manager's chosen style of play and that yet again we have a player in a key position who, simply put, should not be at this club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic In on 13:19 - Jan 12 with 1182 viewsNorthernr

Begovic In on 13:16 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I normally defend goalies a lot as well.

I think Begovic has made some really fine saves, made lots of other saves that were standard but still owed much to good positioning and I think he's been better than many thought he would be or even would credit with him now.

But he's also committed some really bad errors. That will outweigh the positives nearly every time.

As for his distribution, it's improved under Cifuentes but it's still clear that he's not suited to our manager's chosen style of play and that yet again we have a player in a key position who, simply put, should not be at this club.

I would actually defend his distribution a little bit, though it's still too slow and we showed v Hull the value of a quick release. It's clear Ainsworth was telling him to just belt it high and wide which is why it looked so terrible initially.

I promise I'm not saying he's complete sht guys, but come on, one of the best four players in the Championship in the last month? That's crazy, crazy talk.

Actually the lists all round are perculiar this time - how is Russell Martin or Danny Rohl not getting the manager prize?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Begovic In on 13:23 - Jan 12 with 1156 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic In on 13:19 - Jan 12 by Northernr

I would actually defend his distribution a little bit, though it's still too slow and we showed v Hull the value of a quick release. It's clear Ainsworth was telling him to just belt it high and wide which is why it looked so terrible initially.

I promise I'm not saying he's complete sht guys, but come on, one of the best four players in the Championship in the last month? That's crazy, crazy talk.

Actually the lists all round are perculiar this time - how is Russell Martin or Danny Rohl not getting the manager prize?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ya, I think it's improved, but as you say it's still too slow and it's inaccurate if he goes long and low to bypass the centre-backs. So it's not good imo, and it certainly doesn't suit the team plan.

Another habit he has is to favour our right with his short passes instead of our far more technically gifted left which kills our build-up almost every time.

Begovic In on 14:22 - Jan 12 with 1049 viewsTheChef

Begovic In on 13:23 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I think it's improved, but as you say it's still too slow and it's inaccurate if he goes long and low to bypass the centre-backs. So it's not good imo, and it certainly doesn't suit the team plan.

Another habit he has is to favour our right with his short passes instead of our far more technically gifted left which kills our build-up almost every time.

Er yeah like second half against Bournemouth. Every time to Dunne; did he pass once to Fox?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Begovic In on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 929 viewsQPROslo

Begovic In on 12:51 - Jan 12 by terryb

Oslo, a genuine question.

Is there any reason behind your continual defending of goalkeepers? In the past you stated that Dieng was only responsible for one goal conceeded last season & that he should have been our player of the season. I'm not sure that anyone agreed with you!

Begovic has made some fine saves, but he has also been responsible /partly responsible for quite a few goals that we've given away. As was Dieng last season.
[Post edited 12 Jan 12:55]

I don't think any of our outfield players have been very good last season or this, none of them have been 7 out of 10 on average for me. Dieng and Begovic aren't as high as 7 but a bit over 6 on average and our best players last season and so far this imo. So just the best of an average lot. Also think both Dieng and Begovic are about the best Keepers we've had since we last got relegated from the PL.
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:54]
Begovic In on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 911 viewsNorthernr

Begovic In on 16:52 - Jan 12 by QPROslo

I don't think any of our outfield players have been very good last season or this, none of them have been 7 out of 10 on average for me. Dieng and Begovic aren't as high as 7 but a bit over 6 on average and our best players last season and so far this imo. So just the best of an average lot. Also think both Dieng and Begovic are about the best Keepers we've had since we last got relegated from the PL.
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:54]

Smithies?
Begovic In on 16:59 - Jan 12 with 892 viewsAntti_Heinola

Begovic In on 13:23 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Why do you think that is Bri?
Imo it's not because he wants to - it's because other teams are smart. They know we want to give the ball to the bloke who can pass the thing - JCS. So he is always heavily covered, forcing us to go to Cook or Dunne. I honestly don't think it's Begovic only wanting to pass one way. What annoys me is how slow he is at releasing the ball. Drives me nuts.

Bare bones.

Begovic In on 21:59 - Jan 12 with 754 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic In on 16:59 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Imo it's not because he wants to - it's because other teams are smart. They know we want to give the ball to the bloke who can pass the thing - JCS. So he is always heavily covered, forcing us to go to Cook or Dunne. I honestly don't think it's Begovic only wanting to pass one way. What annoys me is how slow he is at releasing the ball. Drives me nuts.

Not interupting but I can only recall one of our CB's passing directly to an opposition forward for what should have been an easy 1 on 1 finish and another defeat and that was JCS at Ipswich.

One other theory or line of conjecture is that it could, just might be, that Dunne never hides, and has what few others in this team has, heart + a pair of bllx.
Begovic In on 22:31 - Jan 12 with 713 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic In on 16:59 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

I don't know, Antti. For all we know it may be instructions.

I must watch closer.

Begovic In on 22:42 - Jan 12 with 689 viewsHunterhoop

Begovic In on 16:55 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Smithies?

Significantly better than both Dieng and Begovic.
Begovic In on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 672 viewsqprxtc

Begovic is one the players I think is better than most. Being a keeper his mistakes are amplified but for me the he’s the least of our player issues.

Or maybe he’s shit. I don’t know.

I’m old , knackered and losing my marbles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024