Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic In 17:32 - Jul 17 with 16288 viewsQPRSteve

Begovic confirmed

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/asmir-begovic-completes-qpr-move-170723/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 17:33]
Begovic In on 16:00 - Jul 18 with 2898 viewsQPROslo

Begovic In on 13:00 - Jul 18 by kensalriser

Novak Djokovic’s 36 yo reactions weren’t too bad on Sunday.

Pretty good but he fell over more on the base line than I remember him doing in big games before when Alcaraz had him going the wrong way.
Begovic In on 16:00 - Jul 18 with 2896 viewsHayesender

Begovic In on 15:03 - Jul 18 by Boston

Can't see anything about injuries either.😀

We'll soon sort that nonsense out

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Begovic In on 14:00 - Dec 27 with 2454 viewsgazza1

Some interesting comments from many, many posters......like great signing, unbelievable, season defining moment & so on!!!!!

Any thoughts now posters???
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:01]
Begovic In on 14:04 - Dec 27 with 2423 viewsDaBurgh

Begovic In on 14:00 - Dec 27 by gazza1

Some interesting comments from many, many posters......like great signing, unbelievable, season defining moment & so on!!!!!

Any thoughts now posters???
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:01]

Well I for one would say that he is definitely helping define our season.
Begovic In on 14:10 - Dec 27 with 2368 viewsgazza1

Some comments from posters......

Impressive signing
Good signing x 4
Experience Important
Out of the Blue
Goosebumps
Decent Keeper x 2
Great signing
Happy
Very Happy
Pleased with Signing

And it goes on!!!!
Begovic In on 14:13 - Dec 27 with 2349 viewsWatford_Ranger

He was at fault for a goal. It’ll happen to goalkeepers. In a pretty shallow pool I’d still say he’s been one of the less dreadful players this season.
Begovic In on 14:15 - Dec 27 with 2336 viewsGaryBannister86

I can't shake the feeling that he is our captain and behaves like anything but off the field. He has bigger fish to fry commercially and seems more interested in previous clubs than us.

Not a good look for a captain. Maybe it means nothing, but I am not sure it helps.
Begovic In on 14:20 - Dec 27 with 2320 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic In on 14:15 - Dec 27 by GaryBannister86

I can't shake the feeling that he is our captain and behaves like anything but off the field. He has bigger fish to fry commercially and seems more interested in previous clubs than us.

Not a good look for a captain. Maybe it means nothing, but I am not sure it helps.

Not sure the captaincy means that much these days. As the old cliche goes you want eleven leaders out there. Nobody in this team seems to dish out bollockings when a soft goal goes in or mistakes are made including Cook & Colback.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic In on 14:22 - Dec 27 with 2310 viewsgazza1

Begovic In on 14:13 - Dec 27 by Watford_Ranger

He was at fault for a goal. It’ll happen to goalkeepers. In a pretty shallow pool I’d still say he’s been one of the less dreadful players this season.

He has not been too good imho - i would of expected better.......who knows how much he cost us to sign and who knows what he is buying paid every week but it would not be cheap.
Begovic In on 14:42 - Dec 27 with 2247 viewsgazza1

Begovic In on 14:20 - Dec 27 by Watford_Ranger

Not sure the captaincy means that much these days. As the old cliche goes you want eleven leaders out there. Nobody in this team seems to dish out bollockings when a soft goal goes in or mistakes are made including Cook & Colback.

Not factual.....look at Cook giving the 'stick' to Kakay at Leeds.
Begovic In on 14:43 - Dec 27 with 2244 viewsSuperhoops2808

Clearly I have been following a different side this season

Made a lot of huge saves to keep us in the lead when last season we would have conceded

As a replacement for Seny I am still happy
Begovic In on 14:46 - Dec 27 with 2235 viewsgazza1

Begovic In on 14:43 - Dec 27 by Superhoops2808

Made a lot of huge saves to keep us in the lead when last season we would have conceded

All about opinions, glad you are happy.

Made errors that have cost us goals, arguably should have done better with some goals conceded but he has had a couple of good games.....sorry but I want more.

No better than the keeper(Cant think of his name) before Seny.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:47]
Begovic In on 15:35 - Dec 27 with 2127 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic In on 14:42 - Dec 27 by gazza1

Not factual.....look at Cook giving the 'stick' to Kakay at Leeds.

Fair enough. I bow to your better memory. Too often they just seem to look blankly at each other, shrug their shoulders and walk back to kick off.
Begovic In on 15:41 - Dec 27 with 2086 viewsLblock

Was it Hull he was MoM where we won 2-0?

Not sure he's had too many stand out games and I'd agree he doesn't really look that bothered (unless Violin Boy is falling down in front of him)

However..... given the choice between him and Jordan Archer..... no contest!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Begovic In on 15:44 - Dec 27 with 2057 viewsBillericayR

Keepers will always make mistakes.
The more pressure you are under and more shots conceded then the more chance of an error.
But if you cannot score goals you will never win.
Begovic In on 15:45 - Dec 27 with 2044 viewsTommyQPR

I don't think goalkeepers should be captain of the team. Outfield players only imo.

He was a strange signing in a way. High wages, coming towards the end of his career somewhat, one year deal.

He shouldn't take the blame for our woes this season. Plenty worse than him in the squad.
Begovic In on 15:54 - Dec 27 with 1989 viewsflynnbo

Begovic In on 15:45 - Dec 27 by TommyQPR

I don't think goalkeepers should be captain of the team. Outfield players only imo.

He was a strange signing in a way. High wages, coming towards the end of his career somewhat, one year deal.

He shouldn't take the blame for our woes this season. Plenty worse than him in the squad.

Particularly when only the captain is allowed to question the ref-not that you'd be aware of that most matchdays.
Begovic In on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 1657 viewsgazza1

Begovic In on 14:43 - Dec 27 by Superhoops2808

Any more ideas??
Begovic In on 17:11 - Jan 1 with 1594 viewsWatford_Ranger

Made some good saves again and then he does.. that. Whatever that was.
Begovic In on 20:45 - Jan 1 with 1361 viewsgazza1

Begovic In on 17:11 - Jan 1 by Watford_Ranger

Made some good saves again and then he does.. that. Whatever that was.

You can’t have a goalkeeper that does that type of thing-two recently and others as well-it affects the confidence of the team. Kolli didn’t do well but it should never have got there.
Begovic In on 20:49 - Jan 1 with 1334 viewsSuperhoops2808

Begovic In on 17:04 - Jan 1 by gazza1

Any more ideas??

Made some good saves Friday

But then ruins that with today - But he needs proper cover and for that 2nd goal he didn't have it

I know you wont agree because you know best!!
Begovic In on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 1169 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cost us against Millwall not punching the ball clear and today coming for that corner he had no chance of getting to.
He has made some game winning saves but those set piece mistakes are killers.
However its part coaching also and of course horsesh*t marking and nobody on the line to stop the clean header .
We always find a way to gag it away in the end instead of winning it like good teams
Begovic In on 06:48 - Jan 2 with 1005 viewswestberksr

Begovic In on 20:49 - Jan 1 by Superhoops2808

Made some good saves Friday

But then ruins that with today - But he needs proper cover and for that 2nd goal he didn't have it

I know you wont agree because you know best!!

from my angle (far end of Ellerslie so not the best) it looked like he came and completely missed the flight of the ball. When i see the 'highlights' i might be proved wrong but looed a howler in real time.

marking overall for both goals looked to be pisspoor though. 2 horrible goals to concede, particularly with what seemed a needless foul for the free kick for the second
Begovic In on 08:34 - Jan 2 with 867 viewsstevec

I think we’re going after the wrong man.

Kept us in it with some very good saves prior to the howler. Aware our defenders were incapable of dealing with Cardiffs strength and height at set pieces, suspect it was a rush of blood that had him charging out for a ball that wasn’t his.

Thing is, if he’s stayed on his line, the fella would still have had a free header in a position no defence should allow a free header. Saveable header then, yes, but you don’t know that as a keeper.

There’s a theme now at free kicks and corners where the oppo are physically overpowering a selection of our players and cleverly occupying those who can defend so they have set players free up against players who are not able to physically cope. You end up with the likes of Kolli and Larkeche in places they shouldn’t be in. Coaching needs to sort this out but without Cook it’ll be hard to overcome.
Begovic In on 21:25 - Jan 11 with 635 viewsSuperhoops2808

So Gazza...

Not bad for a player that you have labelled a Dud - Or words to that effect

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/begovic-championshop-december-potm/

Out of a minimum 264 players, he is considered to have played within the top 4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024