Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth on Oxford 18:30 - Jul 29 with 18396 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/29/ainsworth-post-oxford/

“I’m pleased with where we are in some aspects but that wasn’t good enough."

Pleased with what?
Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:32 - Jul 29 with 8736 viewsdigswellhoop

we are f---
Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:40 - Jul 29 with 8628 viewsBushRanger82

'Pleased with where we are'.
At the wrong end of a 5-0 tanking by a league one side.
Only a loser would say something like that.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:42 - Jul 29 with 8596 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Is he taking the p*ss out of us?

Get lost.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:03 - Jul 29 with 8377 viewsBrianWilson

“I don’t want us thinking ‘oh we’re a good team’ going into next week”

We beat Reading B team and a 3rd Division Austrian team. These kind of clearly BS comments worry me the most.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 19:04]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:14 - Jul 29 with 8282 viewsNorthernr

It's really sad watching him, listening to him, meeting him. He's wanted this job his whole career, and he's got it now. You can see and feel the pain coming off him.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:15 - Jul 29 with 8261 viewsbosh67

Ainsworth on Oxford on 18:42 - Jul 29 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Is he taking the p*ss out of us?

Get lost.

Have you listened to the interview. He was furious and frustrated. He's got almost f*ck all to work with.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:17 - Jul 29 with 8246 viewsbosh67

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:14 - Jul 29 by Northernr

It's really sad watching him, listening to him, meeting him. He's wanted this job his whole career, and he's got it now. You can see and feel the pain coming off him.

This in spades. He's got f8ck all to work with. Even F*ck all would be better than what he currently has.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:21 - Jul 29 with 8213 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:17 - Jul 29 by bosh67

This in spades. He's got f8ck all to work with. Even F*ck all would be better than what he currently has.

Now Dunne and JCS are injured he's actually got a worse team and squad to work with here than the one he had with Wycombe at this level. As it stands our centre back options next week are Hawkins, Woodman, Gubbins or Rendall.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:35 - Jul 29 with 8067 viewsted_hendrix

I'm pinning my hopes on three other clubs In the Championship being naughty with theyr'e respective purse strings and being docked 52 points each.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 7934 viewsstevec

Whilst I’d resigned myself to us shopping in the bargain basement, what I don’t understand is how unsuccessful GA has been in even managing that.

Seriously, if he hadn’t got any knowledge or pull at that level then I just don’t understand what he’s doing here.

All very odd.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:46 - Jul 29 with 7934 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:35 - Jul 29 by ted_hendrix

I'm pinning my hopes on three other clubs In the Championship being naughty with theyr'e respective purse strings and being docked 52 points each.

To state the bleeding obvious it's all been a mess since Warburton left and I want Ainsworth to succeed, but alarm bells ringing when he signed Smyth the other week. Also we have a load of disinterested non performers still with us from last season who gave us the worst home loss record in our history if I got that right, we watched from my seat in the upper loft only 4 Rangers goals at the loft end, which says it all. Should not say this but think Ainsworth is a bit of a parody of himself, I love rock etc but he needs to smarten his image a bit get the haircut and start to look the business on the touchline otherwise QPR are continually descending into the heritage rock act that we have become.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 7921 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:15 - Jul 29 by bosh67

Have you listened to the interview. He was furious and frustrated. He's got almost f*ck all to work with.

Interview was a hard watch, you can see how exasperated he is.

Reinforcements needed fast: got to get some experience in central defence, even if it’s a loan.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:51 - Jul 29 with 7858 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:21 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Now Dunne and JCS are injured he's actually got a worse team and squad to work with here than the one he had with Wycombe at this level. As it stands our centre back options next week are Hawkins, Woodman, Gubbins or Rendall.

And Fox. JCS too if he is fit again.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:55 - Jul 29 with 7806 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:47 - Jul 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Interview was a hard watch, you can see how exasperated he is.

Reinforcements needed fast: got to get some experience in central defence, even if it’s a loan.

I think he'll drop Field in there, which makes sense given its the number one crisis to be solved. I think Gape will be signed as swiftly as possible now and GA will gamble this his age and experience will get him up to speed immediately in central mid.

That at least should buy some degree of breathing space in a sort of small boats bringing the soldiers back to Britain from Dunkirk in 1940 kind of way.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:24 - Jul 29 with 7563 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s emergency loan time. I’d go Bristol City. The whole team.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:30 - Jul 29 with 7492 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:51 - Jul 29 by QPROslo

And Fox. JCS too if he is fit again.

"if he is fit"
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:30 - Jul 29 with 7489 viewsjtuck

Like many of us, I have a deep sense of foreboding about the season ahead but don't think it's fair to criticize Ainsworth for that interview. He was blunt and honest, said some players were not trying, and mentioned how we are favourites for relegation at the end. He is not sugar coating anything. Neil Critchley vibes.

LAranger

Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:44 - Jul 29 with 7362 viewsbaz_qpr

Do we think Oxford had better players than us or just that they were better drilled and better organised, and everyone knew their job. It looked more like the latter to me and more than anything that is the worrying part.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:50 - Jul 29 with 7310 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:17 - Jul 29 by bosh67

Yes and No.

He's got a front 4 of Dykes, Chair, Willock and Richards.

Richards aside, that's a forward line who should be scoring goals and have done for other managers.

We've not seen them be effective for 8 months now. Something wrong there. Either We think they are better than what they are or they simply aren't trying.

CM, weak as piss. Field needs someone next to him who can lead by example.

RB, Kakay is league 2 standard. As were the CBs after Dunne went off ( perhaps even non league)

We need 5 new heads. We've got no money to spend. Our saving grace this season could once again be the sale of Eze.

Unbelievable mess.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:51 - Jul 29 with 7294 viewsJevlar

Oh dear. Didn't go to the game today, but not the ideal preparation for the new season.

What is it with the state of our club?

- Evil Les?
- Crap training facilities not up to snuff?
- New training facilities meaning they think they've got it made?
- Warburton, Beale, Critchley, Ainsworth all the wrong sort?
- Player power?
- Some weird 16th in the championship complex?

I guess the only saving grace is that it wasn't the first league game.

But as Norf has said, that interview had strong Critchley vibes and I don't blame GA.

Whether you're a happy clapper or not. I felt frustrated for him watching that interview.

Crystal ball territory of course, but are we gonna see another QPR cult hero binned off in 15 games...
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 7284 viewsrsocks

Looked more like to me the players are not self motivated enough to win their individual battles as Ainsworth pointed out.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 7281 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:55 - Jul 29 by E15Hoop

I think he'll drop Field in there, which makes sense given its the number one crisis to be solved. I think Gape will be signed as swiftly as possible now and GA will gamble this his age and experience will get him up to speed immediately in central mid.

That at least should buy some degree of breathing space in a sort of small boats bringing the soldiers back to Britain from Dunkirk in 1940 kind of way.

And how would Gape help? He has played in 25 games since February 2020 & has played less matches at Champiosship level than Andre Dozzell!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 20:53]
Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:00 - Jul 29 with 7186 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on Oxford on 20:52 - Jul 29 by terryb

And how would Gape help? He has played in 25 games since February 2020 & has played less matches at Champiosship level than Andre Dozzell!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 20:53]

He's also, how can I put this, an odd shape.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:02 - Jul 29 with 7161 viewsJevlar

Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:00 - Jul 29 by Northernr

He's also, how can I put this, an odd shape.

Odd Shape Gape.
Ainsworth on Oxford on 21:11 - Jul 29 with 7082 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on Oxford on 19:15 - Jul 29 by bosh67

A good manager makes players better. In the few months he's been here he has managed to make them worse. That is a fact.

Warburton shipped 14 players out in his first pre season and improved us with a distinct style. If the only tactic u can offer is smack it beyond the opposition fullback then you're out of your depth.

They are not playing for him already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024