Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Our Rangers Back" 12:45 - Aug 6 with 9855 viewsPinnerPaul

OK - disclaimer first - anyone paying and going can sing what they want (within the obvious parameters) - but what DOES the "We want our Rangers back?" actually mean?

On the playing side - a 3rd division team too good for the 3rd and 2nd tiers but woefully under prepared for the top - 1969?

Nearly the best team in the whole country - 1976?

The best team in the 2nd tier, but again woefully under prepared for the top - Warnock OR is it the ownership side - but really the Jim Gregory one man band just wouldn't work today and has anyone really been a success on that side since?

Sooooooo anyone who sang it, or anyone who hasn't - what DOES the chant really mean/want?
"Our Rangers Back" on 12:48 - Aug 6 with 7495 viewsozexile

Well to me it means 11 players willing to run through brick walls for 90 mins.
"Our Rangers Back" on 12:52 - Aug 6 with 7449 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What?

Well look what you've got and it's a straight 180 alternative across the whole shabang.

We used to give it a go and we were synonymous with good football. Now, and for the twelfth year on the trot, we're an effing embarrassment.

Hope that helps; others will be along to finesse and expand accordingly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:57 - Aug 6 with 7412 viewsPinnerPaul

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:52 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

What?

Well look what you've got and it's a straight 180 alternative across the whole shabang.

We used to give it a go and we were synonymous with good football. Now, and for the twelfth year on the trot, we're an effing embarrassment.

Bit of a politicians answer that

"180 across the whole thing" - what does that actually mean?

12 years we've been "embarrassing" - really?
"Our Rangers Back" on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 7381 viewsPinnerPaul

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:48 - Aug 6 by ozexile

Fair enough - but is that particularly "Rangers" and isn't it what everyone wants and expects from every player at every club and what Ainsworth wants as well - so who or what is supposed to achieve that - would sacking GA help in that regard?
"Our Rangers Back" on 13:14 - Aug 6 with 7278 viewsozexile

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:59 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough - but is that particularly "Rangers" and isn't it what everyone wants and expects from every player at every club and what Ainsworth wants as well - so who or what is supposed to achieve that - would sacking GA help in that regard?

I've no idea anymore. Genuinely don't know. It literally cannot get worse though.
"Our Rangers Back" on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 7254 viewsvanrrrr

Disclaimer - not a chant I like!

But , I suspect like most I did not start supporting for the wins but rather we played decent football , on the deck and had the odd maverick , a stylish #10 who would get my pulse racing and make my weekend… over the years that has been rangers for me And I think not much to ask!

Sadly we are not nurturing them these days and though I renewed I am not really expecting to be out of my seat much. Chair my best hope!!
"Our Rangers Back" on 13:22 - Aug 6 with 7227 viewsEsox_Lucius

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:48 - Aug 6 by ozexile

How does that win games and avoid our players all suffering severe head traumas?

The grass is always greener.

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:26 - Aug 6 with 7203 viewsNorthernr

People are frustrated.

I'm looking at that Southampton game at the end of the month with some serious trepidation. 3,100 allocation which we'll sell in about 10 minutes, QPR fans on the piss all day, Russell Martin's team going past 1000 passes in a game for the first time, heavy defeat... that's got all sorts of very ugly potential.
Login to get fewer ads

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:30 - Aug 6 with 7173 viewsGroveR

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:26 - Aug 6 by Northernr

People are frustrated.

I'm looking at that Southampton game at the end of the month with some serious trepidation. 3,100 allocation which we'll sell in about 10 minutes, QPR fans on the piss all day, Russell Martin's team going past 1000 passes in a game for the first time, heavy defeat... that's got all sorts of very ugly potential.

If it was *just* on the pìss, I'd say "how bad can it get?" But it's not. And I think you might be right.
"Our Rangers Back" on 13:32 - Aug 6 with 7163 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I think people want to watch a competitive team with some regularity. Doesn’t take a genius to work that out.

We have been capable of regularly surrendering in games either through lack of effort or organisation or both for literally 20 months. People want it to stop.
"Our Rangers Back" on 15:12 - Aug 6 with 6970 viewsPinnerPaul

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:14 - Aug 6 by ozexile

I've no idea anymore. Genuinely don't know. It literally cannot get worse though.

Can't argue with any of that - how many feel I suspect.
"Our Rangers Back" on 15:14 - Aug 6 with 6959 viewsPinnerPaul

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:32 - Aug 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

I think people want to watch a competitive team with some regularity. Doesn’t take a genius to work that out.

We have been capable of regularly surrendering in games either through lack of effort or organisation or both for literally 20 months. People want it to stop.

Good points
"Our Rangers Back" on 15:23 - Aug 6 with 6898 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The one man bands at Brentford and Brighton seem to be doing very nicely, thank you.

For me, it's a competitive team that can give anyone a bloody nose on its day. A team that rival supporters often used to tout as their "second team" back in the day.

There was a recent thread that asked for reactions when you revealed you're a QPR fan. Most reactions were derisory because we're now viewed as something of a joke. This wasn't the case before, even when we were in the 3rd tier.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 15:25]
"Our Rangers Back" on 15:34 - Aug 6 with 6867 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:57 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

Bit of a politicians answer that

"180 across the whole thing" - what does that actually mean?

12 years we've been "embarrassing" - really?

Fcuk my boots. Yeah really!!

Give your head a wobble son; it sounds like you think otherwise.

Frankly, if you need any of the last 12 years explained to you as anything other than embarrassing, then you must be dumb....do you need that explained as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

"Our Rangers Back" on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 6738 viewsJules4367

The team I want back is:

1. A 'team' and that means they will operate as a cohesive unit front and back and support each other.
2. A group of players who, when they run on the field, gives me a feeling that they might win.
3. A group of players who won't let the first shot or header on our goal hit the back of the net
4. A group of players who can pass to each other.
5. A group of players we can be proud of because of the effort they ALL put in and not just certain players.
6. A group of players who know that they are paid to do a job and then do it!

But perhaps I am asking too much?!
(No subject) on 18:20 - Aug 6 with 6599 viewsstevec

I’ve always preferred ‘We’re fckin shit’ on repeat.

Short, succinct and to the point. Leaves absolutely no room for ambiguity.
"Our Rangers Back" on 18:59 - Aug 6 with 6515 viewsWatford_Ranger

People are frustrated.

1200 leaving at half time at 4-0 in a 6-0 defeat. 100 or so politely applauding at the end with a dozen “Willock can I have ur shirt” A4 posters. That’ll be about it.
"Our Rangers Back" on 19:37 - Aug 6 with 6427 viewsBenny_the_Ball

"Our Rangers Back" on 18:59 - Aug 6 by Watford_Ranger

1200 leaving at half time at 4-0 in a 6-0 defeat. 100 or so politely applauding at the end with a dozen “Willock can I have ur shirt” A4 posters. That’ll be about it.

To be fair there will be no need to wash that shirt given Willock will have entered the fray in the 96th minute.
"Our Rangers Back" on 01:06 - Aug 7 with 6062 viewssmudgehoop

"Our Rangers Back" on 19:37 - Aug 6 by Benny_the_Ball

To be fair there will be no need to wash that shirt given Willock will have entered the fray in the 96th minute.

A bit of swagger in our play.

I don't mind a bit of a defensive grind now and again, as flexibility is key - but when you set-up and defend like we did yesterday this is NOT the Rangers any of us want to see.

"Our Rangers Back" on 04:42 - Aug 7 with 5998 viewsMatch82

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:52 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

What?

Not having that about 12 years, there was a period, though a horribly brief 6 month one, under Warburton where I was thinking this is exactly who we should be. We were playing good attacking, interesting football, seemed to have mostly a good bunch of players who liked the club, we were starting to bring some youngsters through and there was a feel good atmosphere around the club.

Then it all went to sht.

There's a lot of "who is to blame" around at the moment and the simple answer is fcking all of them. The owners, Hoos, Ferdinand, the Managers (all of tree) and the players that so obviously downed tools. Every time you see someone being defended on here it's never with a list of things they've done right, it's "well what were they supposed to do when everyone else was so terrible?". And that's the answer - they've all fcked us, all of them.
"Our Rangers Back" on 08:12 - Aug 7 with 5798 viewsSilverfoxqpr

People are frustrated.

Apologies to hijack the thread but anyone got any idea when these go on sale?
"Our Rangers Back" on 08:33 - Aug 7 with 5741 viewsjoe90

Like most chants I just sing them because everyone else is. We don’t have any original or funny chants, just cut and paste.

My favourite chant is ‘QPR FC from the White City’. It’s easy to remember.
"Our Rangers Back" on 08:39 - Aug 7 with 5729 viewsSonofpugwash

People forget we were the top team in London for years and could compete with anyone.
That's what I want back.

("time to take your meds Puggsy")

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

"Our Rangers Back" on 09:11 - Aug 7 with 5666 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"Our Rangers Back" on 04:42 - Aug 7 by Match82

Not having that about 12 years, there was a period, though a horribly brief 6 month one, under Warburton where I was thinking this is exactly who we should be. We were playing good attacking, interesting football, seemed to have mostly a good bunch of players who liked the club, we were starting to bring some youngsters through and there was a feel good atmosphere around the club.

Then it all went to sht.

There's a lot of "who is to blame" around at the moment and the simple answer is fcking all of them. The owners, Hoos, Ferdinand, the Managers (all of tree) and the players that so obviously downed tools. Every time you see someone being defended on here it's never with a list of things they've done right, it's "well what were they supposed to do when everyone else was so terrible?". And that's the answer - they've all fcked us, all of them.

You could say that about the Beale epoch, but brief soujourns do not mask either the consistent and seemingly unabated descent or the periods either side of such purple patches.

Let's be really honest about the 2014 promotion, the way we were playing before McClaren left and the resources we had, QPR should have been up and hosed long before the 90th minute of the PO.

You'll get no query from me about the product of those employed in a non-playing capacity. Easier to name those who've actually delivered and beyond Jude, I'm struggling to name anyone else.

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:00 - Aug 7 with 5472 viewsDorse

I want a QPR team that is one that other people want to watch too.

Don't have to win the Champions League or anything, just be a side that people don't switch over to a pre-pandemic repeat of Homes Under The Hammer if they happen to clock us on the idiot lantern.

Just imagine it - other fans saying 'Saw your lot the other night - great match'. That too much to hope for?

I know this ends up with a reply saying 'Fcuk, Dorse, that'll never happen with Gaz/Ruben/the ghost of Evil Les/Hoos/Callum in the box office/the Ellerslie bogs water pressure' etc but it's not beyond us is it?

Well, whatever. That would be getting 'my' Rangers back.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024