Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India on the moon 15:23 - Aug 23 with 11811 viewsRangersDave

And we cant even look after our servicemen, disabled, homeless, poor, and ill citizens!

Boils my pee!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

India on the moon on 18:40 - Aug 23 with 2059 viewsRangersDave

India on the moon on 17:30 - Aug 23 by qprd

agreed- the discourse on aid is widely distorted, often by publications like the daily mail that try to rile up by making it seem like its a total handout at the expense of people in the UK

aid is largely driven by the country's own strategic ambitions. when the US provides aid to other countries or subsidises the global security apparatus, it is acting in its own self-interest- exerting soft power, promoting its own security interests, reducing terrorism, forging alliances, weakening its enemies, gaining access to certain markets, etc etc

i mean, does anyone think that china is acting out of the goodness of its heart when it finances huge projects in pakistan, SE asia and africa?

Good question, and the answer is obviously no.

China spends so much money outside its borders it's scary.

It's built Roads and an airport in Cambodia, and the fee was a huge amount of rice paddy fields.

Kenya - Mombassa Railway

Whole housing estates in the UK.......

and....

Huge housing investment in the States.....

And supposedly, building 3 of the tallest buildings in Europe , in of all places, Liverpool
plus this.......
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2022/07/06/shanghai-on-the-mersey-survey-finds-liv

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

India on the moon on 19:00 - Aug 23 with 2001 viewsLblock

India on the moon on 17:15 - Aug 23 by digswellhoop

who builds 1st take away

There’s one there already.
Lovely gaff.
Nice food.
Just no atmosphere

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

India on the moon on 19:13 - Aug 23 with 1973 viewsToast_R

They can put a man on the moon quite easy
While people here on Earth are dying of all diseases - Geezer Butler wrote that in the early 70s.
India on the moon on 19:35 - Aug 23 with 1928 viewsSonofpugwash

https://scontent.fbrs4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/369531247_6486733761442505_

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

India on the moon on 19:46 - Aug 23 with 1885 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

India on the moon on 18:40 - Aug 23 by RangersDave

Good question, and the answer is obviously no.

China spends so much money outside its borders it's scary.

It's built Roads and an airport in Cambodia, and the fee was a huge amount of rice paddy fields.

Kenya - Mombassa Railway

Whole housing estates in the UK.......

and....

Huge housing investment in the States.....

And supposedly, building 3 of the tallest buildings in Europe , in of all places, Liverpool
plus this.......
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2022/07/06/shanghai-on-the-mersey-survey-finds-liv

I dont think China will be spending much going forward, their economy is in trouble.

Congrats to India, largest democracy on earth makes it to the moon, while Russias attempt failed. Karma.
India on the moon on 19:48 - Aug 23 with 1866 viewsSonofpugwash

The nuclear dump that was placed on the far side of the Moon exploded in 1999 and sent Earth's satellite shooting off into space .
The current one is just a hologram.

India on the moon on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 1775 viewsbaz_qpr

They did it for £75 million less than the cost of a typical premiership player and for that in return they demonstrate to the the world that India is a low cost, technically advanced place to do business and a player in the space industry. An utterly brilliant piece of Nation advertising that will reap 100s if not 1000s times worth the investments in return and sets them as an alternative to the west to China.

Won't be long and it will be us receiving the £45m in aid
India on the moon on 00:49 - Aug 24 with 1681 viewsBoston

First, the moon.
Second, flushing toilets.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

India on the moon on 04:08 - Aug 24 with 1643 viewsBenny_the_Ball

India on the moon on 15:30 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

They should look after their own needy citizens before this absolute waste of time and money.

This, all day long.
India on the moon on 09:16 - Aug 24 with 1536 viewsconnell10

I find it disgusting that in a country of such great poverty they are sending space ships to the moon. Feed your people not your egos.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

India on the moon on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 1517 viewsconnell10

India on the moon on 19:46 - Aug 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I dont think China will be spending much going forward, their economy is in trouble.

Congrats to India, largest democracy on earth makes it to the moon, while Russias attempt failed. Karma.

Yep a great country that buys cheap oil off the dictator Putin to fund his war of bombing children's hospitals....Go India.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

India on the moon on 09:33 - Aug 24 with 1500 viewsR_from_afar

India on the moon on 00:49 - Aug 24 by Boston

First, the moon.
Second, flushing toilets.

Interesting you should mention toilets. As of 2021, 58,000 people were dying per annum in India due to venomous snake bites. In many cases, this was due to those without toilets defecating in the open. This may all sound amusing to some but imagine trying to do your business in a field in a rural area known to have multiple species of deadly snakes. Horrific.

Modi has promised to put a toilet in every home, so maybe the problem is close to being resolved. Hopefully...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

India on the moon on 09:39 - Aug 24 with 1485 viewsR_from_afar

India on the moon on 09:23 - Aug 24 by connell10

Yep a great country that buys cheap oil off the dictator Putin to fund his war of bombing children's hospitals....Go India.

India's moon landing happened on the same day Modi was participating in a BRICS conference involving Putin

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

India on the moon on 10:06 - Aug 24 with 1423 viewsBoston

India on the moon on 09:23 - Aug 24 by connell10

Yeah, well they've got plenty of company in Europe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

India on the moon on 10:11 - Aug 24 with 1419 viewshubble

I'm a bit confused by the moral outrage here. India's moon landing was achieved on the (relatively) shoestring budget of about £60 million. Who are we to judge? We crowned a bloke over here recently to the tune of £100 million.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

India on the moon on 10:17 - Aug 24 with 1383 viewshubble

Oh, and how about Chelsea's recent spend on footballers?

Where do you draw the line?

What is reality?

Answers on a postcard...

India on the moon on 10:17 - Aug 24 with 1381 viewsrobith

India on the moon on 17:14 - Aug 23 by EastR

https://devtracker.fcdo.gov.uk/countries/IN

2023/24 £33.4m

According to that tracker, none of that is aid though? Mostly FCO, the rest BEIS

Implementing partners:

BRITISH COUNCIL 3
BRITISH ACADEMY 5
DEPARTMENT FOR BUSINESS, ENERGY & INDUSTRIAL STRATEGY 9
ACADEMY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES 2
MET OFFICE 4
ROYAL ACADEMY OF ENGINEERING 8
ROYAL SOCIETY

Seems more like building self replicating ties than paying for food
India on the moon on 10:29 - Aug 24 with 1342 viewsDannyPaddox

India on the moon on 09:33 - Aug 24 by R_from_afar

Interesting you should mention toilets. As of 2021, 58,000 people were dying per annum in India due to venomous snake bites. In many cases, this was due to those without toilets defecating in the open. This may all sound amusing to some but imagine trying to do your business in a field in a rural area known to have multiple species of deadly snakes. Horrific.

Modi has promised to put a toilet in every home, so maybe the problem is close to being resolved. Hopefully...

A snake done bit my friend Patel
But Modi’s on the moon
His face arms began to swell
But Modi’s on the moon
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 16:58]
India on the moon on 10:32 - Aug 24 with 1331 viewsDaBurgh

India on the moon on 10:11 - Aug 24 by hubble

I'm a bit confused by the moral outrage here. India's moon landing was achieved on the (relatively) shoestring budget of about £60 million. Who are we to judge? We crowned a bloke over here recently to the tune of £100 million.

I guess the per capita income for India being around $2,389 compared to $45,850 in the UK (2022) should be taken into consideration when comparing the two.
India on the moon on 10:48 - Aug 24 with 1289 viewsSonofpugwash

India on the moon on 10:54 - Aug 24 with 1266 viewsSonofpugwash

India on the moon on 09:39 - Aug 24 by R_from_afar

India's moon landing happened on the same day Modi was participating in a BRICS conference involving Putin

Except Putin bottled it and "attended" by video link.
It appears to be about how to trade without the Dollar and based on gold rate.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:57]

India on the moon on 11:18 - Aug 24 with 1188 viewshubble

India on the moon on 10:32 - Aug 24 by DaBurgh

I guess the per capita income for India being around $2,389 compared to $45,850 in the UK (2022) should be taken into consideration when comparing the two.

Ah, that's ok then. We're allowed to spunk money on frippery, despite all the social problems here. But India, don't get ideas above your station, tut-tut, do as your superiors tell you.

India on the moon on 11:27 - Aug 24 with 1152 viewsDaBurgh

India on the moon on 11:18 - Aug 24 by hubble

Ah, that's ok then. We're allowed to spunk money on frippery, despite all the social problems here. But India, don't get ideas above your station, tut-tut, do as your superiors tell you.

Nope. Just attempting to point out that a country with the majority of it's citizens living below poverty levels and with personal sanitary conditions lower than that of 19th century Britain, that maybe the money is better spent elsewhere.
India on the moon on 11:29 - Aug 24 with 1142 viewshubble

India on the moon on 11:27 - Aug 24 by DaBurgh

Nope. Just attempting to point out that a country with the majority of it's citizens living below poverty levels and with personal sanitary conditions lower than that of 19th century Britain, that maybe the money is better spent elsewhere.

AKA moral superiority.

India on the moon on 12:52 - Aug 24 with 1033 viewsbaz_qpr

India on the moon on 11:27 - Aug 24 by DaBurgh

But it will generate 1000s of times what it cost in terms of new jobs and revenue into the country, and then all jobs etc that service that. You want to lift people out of poverty this is exactly what you do its basic economics.

The US going to the moon in the 60s was a massive boost to their economy, innovation, new companies etc.

And to the point about UK money being spent, the point of oversees aid and development is not just to help the poor but to try and gain stability in areas and also influence. Do you know what people do when lives are wretched and there is little hope, or there are wars and instability they move , they migrate.

And over the last 10 years what has happened as the US, the UK and the west have rolled back from oversees development and spent naval gazing and tearing shreds internally. The Chinese, The Russian's and the Saudis have moved in built the roads, provided the security etc and now have the influence, first access to the rare earth minerals that are needed for our computers, batteries and electronics etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024