Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London senior cup 18:28 - Aug 24 with 4179 viewspaulhoop2

Dev squad have at last been entered into the above much better opposition for them and proper men’s football hopefully a trophy at the end !

QPR Development Squad have been entered into the London Senior Cup for the 2023-24 season.
In the first round we have been drawn away to Corinthian Casuals and the game is to played on 30th October. The winners have been drawn away to Harrow Borough in round two.
Charlton Athletic, AFC Wimbledon, Leyton Orient and Brentford have also entered the competition which is usually for non league teams within London.
I went to last seasons final which saw Charlton Athletic triumph 5-3 in extra time against Haringey Borough at Hendons ground

Thanks to Chris Guy of RetroQPR for the information

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

London senior cup on 21:40 - Aug 24 with 3993 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well this should help toughen a few of them up. I wonder if GA had a say in this decision?

I think Corinthian Caduals play in Chessington, just off the A3, so I might pop along for this one.
London senior cup on 08:05 - Aug 25 with 3802 viewspaulhoop2

Yes you are right about toughening them up. I’ve been calling for this to be done for a few years and got Clive to ask Paul Hall last year. Harrow borough just up the road so hopefully they get through. At Wycombe Gareth got the b team to enter the bucks and berks cup most clubs do it now in equivalent competitions. I believe they could enter the Middlesex cup to which Brentford , Barnet AND a few others enter each year, be good if they progressed to play at HQ big crowd for a semi with Brentford

London senior cup on 08:41 - Aug 25 with 3741 viewstoboboly

London senior cup on 21:40 - Aug 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Well this should help toughen a few of them up. I wonder if GA had a say in this decision?

I think Corinthian Caduals play in Chessington, just off the A3, so I might pop along for this one.

They play in Tolworth, a short walk behind the station.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

London senior cup on 09:03 - Aug 25 with 3688 viewsenfieldargh

Whats the cup competition where many prem teams enter their U21 teams that although helps develop said players but unbalancies the competition.

Is this not like that or do DHFC club/players relish having a go at the big/little boys

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

London senior cup on 09:06 - Aug 25 with 3684 viewstoboboly

London senior cup on 09:03 - Aug 25 by enfieldargh

Whats the cup competition where many prem teams enter their U21 teams that although helps develop said players but unbalancies the competition.

Is this not like that or do DHFC club/players relish having a go at the big/little boys

The Football League Trophy?

Think you have to be a cat A to enter that as a championship/PL team. Would never want us to enter that with an U-21 team. It's B teams through the back door.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

London senior cup on 10:00 - Aug 25 with 3541 viewsterryb

Wycombe do indeed play in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup, as do Reading & MK Dons.

Most of the top non-league clubs in the counties play a weakened side apart from when playing the EFL clubs, the attitude being similar to the EFL League Cup. I suspect that would be the same in the London Senior Cup.

I'm pleased that we have entered, but I'm not sure it will help too much with development.
London senior cup on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 3431 viewsSonofpugwash

It adds a bit of and edge to things for squad players/juniors who wouldn't otherwise experience it in the rather incestuous reserve team fixtures.There was a competition in the mid sixties called the Metropolitan League where fringe football league players would encounter top non league players.Down at Cray Wanderers we had the likes of Trevor Brooking,Charlie George showing up...I'm sure they benefitted from some of the crunching tackles that came in.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

London senior cup on 12:32 - Aug 25 with 3356 viewsDannyPaddox

Win this and we’re in the Europa Conference League - right?
Login to get fewer ads

London senior cup on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 3263 viewsQPRConor2000

Good to see us entering the competition, hopefully will help the squad develop.
London senior cup on 14:14 - Aug 25 with 3244 viewsStevenageRanger

London senior cup on 12:32 - Aug 25 by DannyPaddox

Not quite. Its the Europa Conference League Championship Trophy!!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 14:14]
London senior cup on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 3187 viewspaulhoop2

But it’s much better than playing the same u21 youngsters surely?

London senior cup on 15:34 - Aug 25 with 3111 viewsBrianMcCarthy

London senior cup on 15:01 - Aug 25 by paulhoop2

But it’s much better than playing the same u21 youngsters surely?

I think so too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

London senior cup on 09:11 - Nov 7 with 2301 viewsMartin63

Any more news on this fixture? 7.45pm on 14 November at King George's Field?
London senior cup on 09:18 - Nov 7 with 2273 viewskernowhoop

Corinthian Casuals? I remember when they used to play at Wembley in the Amateur FA Cup Final; against the likes of Bishop Auckland.
London senior cup on 13:15 - Nov 7 with 2063 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London senior cup on 12:32 - Aug 25 by DannyPaddox

The home ends should be there for the taking too; twice if they still do that thing of walking around to the end they are attacking in the second half.

'kin 'ave it!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

London senior cup on 13:47 - Nov 7 with 1978 viewsSonofpugwash

London senior cup on 09:18 - Nov 7 by kernowhoop

Corinthian Casuals? I remember when they used to play at Wembley in the Amateur FA Cup Final; against the likes of Bishop Auckland.

Oy,it's Corinthian - Casuals if you don't mind.They get very sniffy if you miss out the hyphen.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

London senior cup on 16:04 - Nov 8 with 1590 viewsMartin63

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/november/07/corinthian-casuals-cup-date-confirme

Should be a good night. A winnable cup maybe? Then again ;-)
London senior cup on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 1348 viewsSuperhoops2808

I am happy... If we win, we'll play Dartford in the next round. Local for me and several friends (who are Darts supporters)
London senior cup on 22:11 - Nov 8 with 1323 viewsDannyPaddox

£12 !!! I’d say that’s neither Corinthian nor Casual!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024