Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kiss on the lips. 14:08 - Aug 30 with 12320 viewsSonofpugwash

Blimey what a palaver.
Never got so much as a peck on the cheek when Penge Salvation Army won the Inter City Faiths Cup beating Sydenham Infidels 2-0 in the final.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Kiss on the lips. on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 6377 viewscharmr

Here’s a good example Clive is talking about even though it starts with
good intentions.

It’s just going to go south

Let all the ones who love this site and want it to stay, stay away please.

Apologies if someone is going to not like this but I’m damned if I’m going to sit by and let this message board not be given its best chance of its driver not getting off the bus.

I’m currently in Alaska on my holidays and it’s an incredible place. Mind blowing.
Kiss on the lips. on 14:24 - Aug 30 with 6365 viewsSonofpugwash

Kiss on the lips. on 14:21 - Aug 30 by charmr

good intentions.

Apologies if someone is going to not like this but I’m damned if I’m going to sit by and let this message board not be given its best chance of its driver not getting off the bus.

I’m currently in Alaska on my holidays and it’s an incredible place. Mind blowing.

Who died and made you king?
Beware in Alaska.Don't do your usual moose impersoations.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 14:32]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Kiss on the lips. on 14:41 - Aug 30 with 6277 viewscharmr

The defense has no further questions your honour
Kiss on the lips. on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 6256 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think Clive wants to turn this into a Rangers-only board, but I think we should give him a break for while. I can only see this going one way, with all due respect and with the best of intentions, Pugwash.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kiss on the lips. on 14:48 - Aug 30 with 6233 viewsFredManRave

Kiss on the lips. on 14:46 - Aug 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think Clive wants to turn this into a Rangers-only board, but I think we should give him a break for while. I can only see this going one way, with all due respect and with the best of intentions, Pugwash.

#metoo

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Kiss on the lips. on 15:02 - Aug 30 with 6151 viewsBoston

Let's stick to who got pulled off at half time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kiss on the lips. on 15:03 - Aug 30 with 6155 viewsloftboy

Kiss on the lips. on 15:02 - Aug 30 by Boston

Let's stick to who got pulled off at half time.

😂😂😂

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Kiss on the lips. on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 6117 viewsMick_S

Kiss on the lips. on 15:03 - Aug 30 by loftboy

😂😂😂

I used to get an orange segment.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Kiss on the lips. on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 6109 viewsQPRSteve

Rodney Marsh by Sir Alf allegedly.
Kiss on the lips. on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 6021 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kiss on the lips. on 15:06 - Aug 30 by Mick_S

I used to get an orange segment.

Right about now, I bet Señora Rubiales would love one of those!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kiss on the lips. on 15:49 - Aug 30 with 6001 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kiss on the lips. on 14:21 - Aug 30 by charmr

good intentions.

If it's that good, what are you doing on here during your hols?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Kiss on the lips. on 15:51 - Aug 30 with 5976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kiss on the lips. on 15:49 - Aug 30 by PlanetHonneywood

If it's that good, what are you doing on here during your hols?

Because we're better!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kiss on the lips. on 16:02 - Aug 30 with 5926 viewscharmr

5.30am posting body clock all out of whack. Sun doesn’t come up till 6.45.

I ain’t going traipsing around no glacier in the dark
Kiss on the lips. on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 5897 viewsToast_R

Kiss on the lips. on 18:42 - Aug 30 with 5633 viewsdmm

OP = WUM
Kiss on the lips. on 19:48 - Aug 30 with 5412 viewsnumptydumpty

It wasnt a good look but the way things escalate these days is frightening

Once media and social media pile into a story , the only way is down.

Different cases but similarly all developed into massive massive issues whereas with less media intrusion years ago this was addressed but did not mean the rejection of the instigator.

Caroline Flack - dreadfully sad - Cliff Richard - home ransacked - The Nicola Bulley Death - Husband and friend implicated - Phillip Schofield - Destroyed career - Huw Edwards - likewise.

Years ago these issues did happen but the intense media criticism these days can become frightening.

I think this was wrong and the man was certainly overstepping the mark and am myself aware of how sexual assault can be a thing even in this scenario - my partner, she was raped in the past - she did not pursue it at the time - ie the drama of the legal battle - she did not want, and media worldwise got a lot to answer for.

The spanish teams fantastic achievement totally forgotten

Sad all round really !!!!

But I find there can be so many holier than thou people come out in these situations describing something as completely loathsome and nothing that they have ever done in their lifetimes

There are a lot of saints around.

The man did wrong but being banned from a career for 15 years - it will probably end up as a life ban - will he get criminally prosecuted - I doubt it.

The SNOWBALL effect !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Kiss on the lips. on 19:53 - Aug 30 with 5409 viewsdezzar

[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 19:56]
Kiss on the lips. on 19:55 - Aug 30 with 5395 viewsLogman

Kiss on the lips. on 19:48 - Aug 30 by numptydumpty

Different cases but similarly all developed into massive massive issues whereas with less media intrusion years ago this was addressed but did not mean the rejection of the instigator.

Caroline Flack - dreadfully sad - Cliff Richard - home ransacked - The Nicola Bulley Death - Husband and friend implicated - Phillip Schofield - Destroyed career - Huw Edwards - likewise.

Years ago these issues did happen but the intense media criticism these days can become frightening.

I think this was wrong and the man was certainly overstepping the mark and am myself aware of how sexual assault can be a thing even in this scenario - my partner, she was raped in the past - she did not pursue it at the time - ie the drama of the legal battle - she did not want, and media worldwise got a lot to answer for.

But I find there can be so many holier than thou people come out in these situations describing something as completely loathsome and nothing that they have ever done in their lifetimes

The man did wrong but being banned from a career for 15 years - it will probably end up as a life ban - will he get criminally prosecuted - I doubt it.

The SNOWBALL effect !!!

Well said. He over-stepped the mark. A smack round the chops would have sufficed.
Kiss on the lips. on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 4954 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kiss on the lips. on 19:48 - Aug 30 by numptydumpty

The SNOWBALL effect !!!

You have looked at one incident in isolation. Look into why most of the Spanish squad was a tranche of new, younger players and why the manager was the only member of the coaching staff not to resign. This more a case of the lid on Pandora's box being lifted.

The grass is always greener.

Kiss on the lips. on 09:14 - Aug 31 with 4827 viewsslmrstid

Kiss on the lips. on 08:04 - Aug 31 by Esox_Lucius

You have looked at one incident in isolation. Look into why most of the Spanish squad was a tranche of new, younger players and why the manager was the only member of the coaching staff not to resign. This more a case of the lid on Pandora's box being lifted.

Its a real shame its completely overshadowed what was a magnificent achievement for Spain's womens team.

The current circus could also have been completely avoided, IMO, if any of the following had occurred:-

- He kissed her on the cheek instead of smacking her on the lips. It never would have blown up at all then.
- He actually apologised for what he did, even with a statement along the lines of "I was over excited in the heat of the moment, I know it was inappropriate, I've apologised to the player and I apologise to you etc..."
- He didn't grab his crotch at the end of the game, not exactly a smart move

Instead, he's denied doing anything wrong, and then doubled down by deflecting blame onto the player, with the Spanish Football Federation now going after the player, and as a result they've completely brought this whirlwind upon themselves and are absolute idiots for doing so.

So really they end up deserving everything coming their way because the bloke did something stupid on live TV in front of millions (27 million watched live did I read? Could be wrong) and instead of showing any form of humility on the situation has tried to bully his way out of it instead. As always, bullies shouldn't win.

So no sympathy from me at all, I'm with the women on this one.
Kiss on the lips. on 09:18 - Aug 31 with 4800 viewsCamberleyR

Kiss on the lips. on 09:14 - Aug 31 by slmrstid

Its a real shame its completely overshadowed what was a magnificent achievement for Spain's womens team.

The current circus could also have been completely avoided, IMO, if any of the following had occurred:-

- He kissed her on the cheek instead of smacking her on the lips. It never would have blown up at all then.
- He actually apologised for what he did, even with a statement along the lines of "I was over excited in the heat of the moment, I know it was inappropriate, I've apologised to the player and I apologise to you etc..."

Instead, he's denied doing anything wrong, and then doubled down by deflecting blame onto the player, with the Spanish Football Federation now going after the player, and as a result they've completely brought this whirlwind upon themselves and are absolute idiots for doing so.

So really they end up deserving everything coming their way because the bloke did something stupid on live TV in front of millions (27 million watched live did I read? Could be wrong) and instead of showing any form of humility on the situation has tried to bully his way out of it instead. As always, bullies shouldn't win.

Spot on.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kiss on the lips. on 14:43 - Aug 31 with 4552 viewsBluce_Ree

F*ck this guy and his mental mum.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Kiss on the lips. on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 4504 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kiss on the lips. on 09:14 - Aug 31 by slmrstid

Nailed it!

There's a playbook for these situations: fess up, own the problem, apologise sincerely, and ask for forgiveness. Accordingly, his response is what's really nailing him to the cross.

He's either been too pig thick ignorant to do any of this or, he's getting some shocking advice. Either way it's surely El Bow time...

Kiss on the lips. on 17:25 - Aug 31 with 4297 viewsstowmarketrange

Shame he didn’t do it after the semi final win,they might’ve boycotted the final then.
Kiss on the lips. on 17:43 - Aug 31 with 4246 viewsnumptydumpty

Kiss on the lips. on 08:04 - Aug 31 by Esox_Lucius

So what you are implying is the manager and the president hand picked pretty young women for their world cup squad and for what reason are you suggesting this.

These pretty young handpicked cuties as you are implying only picked for their looks, they won the world cup.

You need elaborate on your point.

Yes I know nothing about this from the perspective you are suggesting

I was saying should be dealt with not under the world's gaze and quickly and quietly.

it has detracted totally from the real story of their team winning the world cup with style.

And I not at all denigrating it as an unwanted advance but less than 1% of rapes , get reported and only about 30% of those end in a conviction and this although bad is just a kiss. As said my girlfriend was full on rape. I know the difference personally and the impact.

Did you see videos three days before the complaint of all the girls laughing on the bus and joking about it. They did not seem traumatised.

Anyhow the only got in pretty young things, they got selected because they were great at football, world cup winners !! That is really odd thing to say.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 17:45]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024