Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who gets dropped? 21:01 - Sep 3 with 4226 viewsDoudou87

When the likes of Dykes, Dunne and JCS are fit?

I know the inclusion of JCS will raise questions but when he's played he's been solid. So lets just imagine by some miracle he stays fit who plays?

Dykes? Has he been that missed? Does Armstrong get dropped or do we drop a midfielder?

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Who gets dropped? on 21:47 - Sep 3 with 4068 viewsCateLeBonR

These are nice problems to have.
Who gets dropped? on 20:36 - Sep 4 with 3671 viewsslmrstid

Don't worry, by the time they are fit someone else will be injured.
Who gets dropped? on 20:46 - Sep 4 with 3643 viewsqpr_1968

if we're still winning by the time they are all fit, keep them on the bench and give them minutes......why change a winning team.

great position to be in.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who gets dropped? on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 3633 viewsbosh67

Let’s see if JCS can last a whole game first.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who gets dropped? on 22:48 - Sep 4 with 3495 viewsqueensparker

The luxury of “who do we pick?” is not going to be an issue this season. We pick who can walk & kids
Who gets dropped? on 22:49 - Sep 4 with 3476 viewsdigswellhoop

allways play a winning team
Who gets dropped? on 12:39 - Sep 5 with 3322 viewstoboboly

Who gets dropped? on 20:50 - Sep 4 by bosh67

Let’s see if JCS can last a whole game first.

I'd use him off the bench - a CB should be doing 40+ games a season. If they can't they are more of a hinderance than an asset. You want that back 5/6 knowing each other inside out.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who gets dropped? on 12:51 - Sep 5 with 3263 viewscpgerber

Steven Caulker available on a free, I see.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 12:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Who gets dropped? on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 3222 viewskensalriser

Who gets dropped? on 12:51 - Sep 5 by cpgerber

Steven Caulker available on a free, I see.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 12:51]

Do you wanna bet?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who gets dropped? on 13:08 - Sep 5 with 3204 viewskingsburyR

Willock is the mystery to me still.

I know he's made of glass but what the F happened to 12 month ago Willock?

You surely cant fall off a cliff that quickly.

Last years me would be amazed both Chair and Willock are still here this season!

It's a funny old game!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who gets dropped? on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 3003 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Who gets dropped? on 13:08 - Sep 5 by kingsburyR

Willock is the mystery to me still.

I know he's made of glass but what the F happened to 12 month ago Willock?

You surely cant fall off a cliff that quickly.

Last years me would be amazed both Chair and Willock are still here this season!

It's a funny old game!

I strongly believe he is finished with QPR KingsburyR but of course I have no knowledge of everyday goings on at the facility .
Saturday he looked so far off the pace and careless with the ball its hard to see him contributing going forward .
Hopefully 2 weeks of intensive training will change that because if he can re capture the magic of last year before he got cut down it would benefit him and us
Who gets dropped? on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 2924 viewsNorthernr

Revel in this problem while it exists. The way our squad is built, there won't be many occasions this season. ATM just half a dozen games in we're already squeezing through - Dunne injured but Cook arrives, Cook injured by JCS comes back, I'd be willing to bet either Cook or Dunne's return will coincide with JCS' next injury. Where we've got into strife in recent years is during the dog days of winter when several of them are gone at once, and if that happens this year - up front, on the right hand side of the defence - we'd have a huge problem. Imagine if Dykes and Sinclair come back from international break this week injured - what's your strike force and attackers on the bench for the first week back when we play Sat-Tue-Fri? How quickly would this cautious optimism and feel good drain away with one point from nine there?

When Dykes is back, likely somebody else will be injured. If they're not, what we played at Cardiff worked very nicely indeed. And although Sinclair's played well, let's not just assume that's a 46-game starter now, he's 18, clearly having muscle and growing problems, it would do him the world of good to start 8-10 games now, then maybe sit out 4-5, come back in, as form and tiredness dictates.

Ainsworth, TBF to him, seems very attuned to this stuff and will hopefully manage our squad a lot better than several of his predecessors. Beale sat in a meeting with us and said he'd played Willock, Amos and a couple of others earlier than they should have been played, and for longer than they should have been, at home to Boro last year because "we need to get this thing going". i.e. I need a win because I'm already having fcking job interviews elsewhere. Willock and Amos were then beset by injuries for the rest of the year. McClaren picked the same 11 for 6 months, ran Eze into the ground, lo and behold the last 3 months of the season were a fcking disaster.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who gets dropped? on 17:23 - Sep 5 with 2824 viewsdmm

Indeed Clive, and I think many of us are well aware that this is the problem hanging over us this season.

Do you have any knowledge on whether Ainsworth might bring in a couple of free agents to mitigate this issue?
Who gets dropped? on 18:31 - Sep 5 with 2743 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I imagine by Nov/Dec a few of the fringe players will be playing on and off. Dixon-Bonner, Pedder, Kolli etc as injuries bite. I wouldn't see it as a negative though, an opportunity for someone to step up and show they can play at this level; something that we have not seen for a while.

If we had a full squad, Kakay would probably not be in my first 11.
Who gets dropped? on 20:24 - Sep 5 with 2627 viewsbarbicanranger

Agreed. It's the same reason we also need to accumulate points when we are able to field a stronger / preferred lineup.
Who gets dropped? on 23:35 - Sep 6 with 2295 viewsMatch82

Who gets dropped? on 16:45 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Revel in this problem while it exists. The way our squad is built, there won't be many occasions this season. ATM just half a dozen games in we're already squeezing through - Dunne injured but Cook arrives, Cook injured by JCS comes back, I'd be willing to bet either Cook or Dunne's return will coincide with JCS' next injury. Where we've got into strife in recent years is during the dog days of winter when several of them are gone at once, and if that happens this year - up front, on the right hand side of the defence - we'd have a huge problem. Imagine if Dykes and Sinclair come back from international break this week injured - what's your strike force and attackers on the bench for the first week back when we play Sat-Tue-Fri? How quickly would this cautious optimism and feel good drain away with one point from nine there?

When Dykes is back, likely somebody else will be injured. If they're not, what we played at Cardiff worked very nicely indeed. And although Sinclair's played well, let's not just assume that's a 46-game starter now, he's 18, clearly having muscle and growing problems, it would do him the world of good to start 8-10 games now, then maybe sit out 4-5, come back in, as form and tiredness dictates.

Ainsworth, TBF to him, seems very attuned to this stuff and will hopefully manage our squad a lot better than several of his predecessors. Beale sat in a meeting with us and said he'd played Willock, Amos and a couple of others earlier than they should have been played, and for longer than they should have been, at home to Boro last year because "we need to get this thing going". i.e. I need a win because I'm already having fcking job interviews elsewhere. Willock and Amos were then beset by injuries for the rest of the year. McClaren picked the same 11 for 6 months, ran Eze into the ground, lo and behold the last 3 months of the season were a fcking disaster.

This post has been edited by an administrator

"Where we've got into strife in recent years is during the dog days of winter when several of them are gone at once"

If needed I see Joel Lynch is without a club so we could always see if he could help cover us around that period of ti...never mind.
Who gets dropped? on 17:23 - Sep 7 with 2158 viewsgazza1

Who gets dropped? on 23:35 - Sep 6 by Match82

"Where we've got into strife in recent years is during the dog days of winter when several of them are gone at once"

If needed I see Joel Lynch is without a club so we could always see if he could help cover us around that period of ti...never mind.

I'm not an Dykes fan, I am a Armstrong fan......in saying that I would think that Dykes will return to replace Armstrong when he is fit. GA will not (or should not) change the system that he is currently playing and that is with only one player up front.
Who gets dropped? on 18:20 - Sep 7 with 2128 viewsdmm

Who gets dropped? on 17:23 - Sep 7 by gazza1

I'm not an Dykes fan, I am a Armstrong fan......in saying that I would think that Dykes will return to replace Armstrong when he is fit. GA will not (or should not) change the system that he is currently playing and that is with only one player up front.

Ainsworth played Armstrong and Dykes together v Cardiff to great effect so I don't see any problem. There will be some rotation when needed I'm sure but they can play well in the same line.
Who gets dropped? on 18:25 - Sep 7 with 2117 viewsNorthernr

Who gets dropped? on 18:20 - Sep 7 by dmm

Ainsworth played Armstrong and Dykes together v Cardiff to great effect so I don't see any problem. There will be some rotation when needed I'm sure but they can play well in the same line.

Smyth has been absolutely key to this new system and uptick in performances, but he didn't get much of a pre-season and has injury history, how we manage that and replace him when he's not available or rotated will be a big thing. What loans they did look at were mostly in that attacking RWB sort of a role.
Who gets dropped? on 10:28 - Sep 8 with 1914 viewsgazza1

Who gets dropped? on 18:25 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Smyth has been absolutely key to this new system and uptick in performances, but he didn't get much of a pre-season and has injury history, how we manage that and replace him when he's not available or rotated will be a big thing. What loans they did look at were mostly in that attacking RWB sort of a role.

I agree, Smyth has done very well and key to us atm, especially in the system we play....well played to the lad. One of the first names on the team sheet. Did not realise he was injury prone.
Who gets dropped? on 11:15 - Sep 8 with 1842 viewsingeminate

Who gets dropped? on 10:28 - Sep 8 by gazza1

I agree, Smyth has done very well and key to us atm, especially in the system we play....well played to the lad. One of the first names on the team sheet. Did not realise he was injury prone.

Attacking wise we've got Willock, Chair, Smyth, Dykes, Armstrong, Kolli, Kelman, Adomah.

I don't hate it.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Who gets dropped? on 11:46 - Sep 8 with 1785 viewsCamberleyR

Who gets dropped? on 10:28 - Sep 8 by gazza1

I wouldn't say he was injury prone. Played 108 games in the last three seasons. Played 42 times for Leyton Orient last season and 40 times in his last season here before his contract expired, when he was on loan at Charlton & Accrington.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024