Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne 02:04 - Sep 29 with 3081 viewsSAPilgrim

Reportedly fit and ready for selection. Personally I’d put him right back in, but would be curious to know the rest of your thoughts. Who do we drop to get him back in? Does his inclusion/noninclusion affect our shape? Etc.
Jimmy Dunne on 02:11 - Sep 29 with 3051 viewsBoston

I'd play him, probably from kick off, see how we / he got on,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jimmy Dunne on 03:11 - Sep 29 with 3010 viewsbarbicanranger

Dunne paired with Cook, and under Cook's tutelage feels good to me. Nice to have some options back there for once with Cannon joining too.
Jimmy Dunne on 03:19 - Sep 29 with 2998 viewsHAYESBOY

IMO I think Fox needs a rest. Thought in the last two games he hasn't been at his best.
Personally would go with Salter and Cook to keep the left foot balance in the back.
Would give Jimmy at least one reserve game before putting him back in.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jimmy Dunne on 04:41 - Sep 29 with 2948 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Jimmy Dunne on 03:19 - Sep 29 by HAYESBOY

IMO I think Fox needs a rest. Thought in the last two games he hasn't been at his best.
Personally would go with Salter and Cook to keep the left foot balance in the back.
Would give Jimmy at least one reserve game before putting him back in.

There is no way GA is going to stick Jimmy in Saturday IMO he wants to keep the same team at the back hoping we can get a win to end this shocking miserable home record.
We are getting nothing at Leeds so maybe he will bring him back then with Colback and see if we could hold out for a point.
Jimmy Dunne on 05:57 - Sep 29 with 2889 viewsenfieldargh

Important for GA to keep a balance with the squad. Ossie is/has improved his game, no point in binning him off just yet and affecting his and other fring players morale

Hopefully he wil want to keep his place and step up more improving himself and the team.

Play poorly then yes, he looses his place.

Glad to see Jimmy back but he needs to get up to speed too.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jimmy Dunne on 07:49 - Sep 29 with 2738 viewsNorthernr

Interesting to see what hapens here. I'd certainly have JCS in for Fox at the first opportunity - until he gets injured again. Is Dunne suited to that right sided centre back role? Or is he cover for Cook in the middle? He's certainly more suited to the middle role, and Cook won't do 46 games you'd think.

Guess it depends if Canon is a replacement for Kakay or going to play RWB.
Jimmy Dunne on 08:12 - Sep 29 with 2678 viewsEastR

I suspect going forward the selection will be dictated by the nature of the opposition front line how big or mobile they are and change accordingly. It"LL be nice of have a choice for a change and a long way from Watford away

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jimmy Dunne on 08:24 - Sep 29 with 2649 viewsdmm

It would be foolish to start Dunne tomorrow. He's not kicked a ball in anger for two months, and that was a friendly. Ainsworth has already indicated Dunne will play a Dev Squad game next week which is the correct way to manage his reintroduction to first team football.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne on 08:39 - Sep 29 with 2600 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jimmy Dunne on 08:24 - Sep 29 by dmm

It would be foolish to start Dunne tomorrow. He's not kicked a ball in anger for two months, and that was a friendly. Ainsworth has already indicated Dunne will play a Dev Squad game next week which is the correct way to manage his reintroduction to first team football.

Absolutely. He can't be anywhere near match fit either.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jimmy Dunne on 08:46 - Sep 29 with 2569 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy Dunne on 08:50 - Sep 29 with 2548 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne on 07:49 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Interesting to see what hapens here. I'd certainly have JCS in for Fox at the first opportunity - until he gets injured again. Is Dunne suited to that right sided centre back role? Or is he cover for Cook in the middle? He's certainly more suited to the middle role, and Cook won't do 46 games you'd think.

Guess it depends if Canon is a replacement for Kakay or going to play RWB.

Jesus Christ Clive, Cook is only 32. I know he has the centre back look of a jaded dad hanging for his next pint, but bloody hell. Maybe in 3 years you could say that but right now he should be as fit as he’s ever been or ever will be.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne on 09:14 - Sep 29 with 2448 viewsgazza1

Jimmy will be on the bench, at best, tomorrow. The club are very focused a player injuries and fitness. Reggie Cannon will not be selected for a couple of weeks either.

As for Cook playing 46 games, he wont play much more than 35 matches if he stays fit - again because of the clubs fitness and injury regime. As for being 32, not old but in footballing terms what with the pace of the game and the intensity it is getting old and cautions should be applied.
Jimmy Dunne on 10:14 - Sep 29 with 2333 viewsnumptydumpty

Jimmy Dunne on 09:14 - Sep 29 by gazza1

Jimmy will be on the bench, at best, tomorrow. The club are very focused a player injuries and fitness. Reggie Cannon will not be selected for a couple of weeks either.

As for Cook playing 46 games, he wont play much more than 35 matches if he stays fit - again because of the clubs fitness and injury regime. As for being 32, not old but in footballing terms what with the pace of the game and the intensity it is getting old and cautions should be applied.

Fox has done nothing wrong and performed well but rotation of centre backs could work as we got decent back up options.

JCS I would mainly think myself is a bench option, ie less time to get injured, although getting up to speed with the game, obviously still very possible.

Cook has been brilliant so far and a leader and for me, in future, he plays, if fit.

Jimmy could be the man alongside him consistently in a three, but just as likely on bench or selected on rotation basis. Fans favourite means he could be wished for, more than is based on, if we were the manager.

If he is match fit, he will be on bench, and only come on if essential for the game situation or the match result is certain and just to get a few minutes on the pitch.

No chance he will be in the team ie with this "loading" attitude to selections but if this means, there are less and less injuries as a consequence, all for suck it and see.

Cannon like you say, nowhere near selection yet for the squads on match day.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 10:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Jimmy Dunne on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 2252 viewsAndybrat

Dunne on the bench JCS in for Fox, if fit JCS can be our best CH ( shame the if is so big)
Jimmy Dunne on 13:44 - Sep 29 with 1984 viewsDavieQPR

Am I alone in thinking Fox isn't that good?
Jimmy Dunne on 13:48 - Sep 29 with 1977 viewsconnell10

We just kept a clean sheet away at Birmingham, why change the defence???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy Dunne on 13:51 - Sep 29 with 1953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jimmy Dunne on 13:48 - Sep 29 by connell10

I'd be slow to make changes too, Connell.

Fox has had a couple of tough outings, but was good before that.
Kakay is getting targeted but all wide centre-backs are, especially when their wing-backs are pushed as far forward as Kakay's is in Smyth.

There will be injuries and suspensions, those will give the subs a chance to come in and make their case, but I'd be slow to drop someone just yet.

Jimmy Dunne on 13:57 - Sep 29 with 1937 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne on 13:48 - Sep 29 by connell10

Because they cut us open several times and we were only really saved by Begovic's boot and some dodgy finishing? Worth looking beyond scorelines sometimes. I'd give Fox a rest if (ha ha) JCS is actually fit.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne on 14:02 - Sep 29 with 1918 viewsPhilmyRs

I agree that we should be reluctant to change things, but I do think we have to be satisfied that those in possession of the shirt are playing well. Rob Dickie I thought, deteriorated dramatically as a player when Beale left him out early season. You could argue he didn't deserve to be dropped at that point. There will come a point further down the line when the players out there get injured/suspended/lose form, and that's when the change is made. All that said, for me Fox hasn't played that well in the last 2 games, and potentially we have our best defender on the bench whose been injury free for a few weeks now and is left footed. I'd bring in JCS for Fox, Dunne on the bench.
Jimmy Dunne on 14:02 - Sep 29 with 1917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jimmy Dunne on 13:57 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Because they cut us open several times and we were only really saved by Begovic's boot and some dodgy finishing? Worth looking beyond scorelines sometimes. I'd give Fox a rest if (ha ha) JCS is actually fit.

True, but that's not neccesarily improved by changing personnell at the back.

I'd say that a part of that, maybe a big part, is that we cede possession and position as part of our plan, and struggle to hold on to the ball, so chances at our end are inevitable.

Jimmy Dunne on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 1913 viewsQPunkR

tbf though if Gareth says that then it probably means Jimmy will start tomorrow!

QPR - "shit but local"

Jimmy Dunne on 14:47 - Sep 29 with 1836 viewsdmm

Jimmy Dunne on 13:44 - Sep 29 by DavieQPR

Am I alone in thinking Fox isn't that good?

Fox has been okay for us until the last two or three games. He's badly misjudged aerial balls on several occasions with the defence left open on his side. As we've seen with Kakay, I think he could now be targeted.

I live in hope we'll see JCS play games as he's clearly a better CB than Fox. That said, Fox provides the backline cover we need.
Jimmy Dunne on 16:02 - Sep 29 with 1712 viewsTK1

Dunne is a red herring, really. He'll get back in the team soon enough as other CBs get suspended/injured. Not sure he'd improve us either side of Cook (judging on last season) and he's not replacing Cook unnecessarily, is he?
But Clarke-Salter improves the back three tomorrow: he's better with and without the ball than Fox. That's the change I'd make on Championship Manager, but there are no dressing room politics on CM so it might seem be a bit weird and go down badly among the players changing a backline that's just kept a clean-sheet away.
You can do what you want at the other end as we find scoring so hard.
Jimmy Dunne on 17:14 - Sep 29 with 1590 viewsQPunkR

Jimmy Dunne on 16:02 - Sep 29 by TK1

Dunne is a red herring, really. He'll get back in the team soon enough as other CBs get suspended/injured. Not sure he'd improve us either side of Cook (judging on last season) and he's not replacing Cook unnecessarily, is he?
But Clarke-Salter improves the back three tomorrow: he's better with and without the ball than Fox. That's the change I'd make on Championship Manager, but there are no dressing room politics on CM so it might seem be a bit weird and go down badly among the players changing a backline that's just kept a clean-sheet away.
You can do what you want at the other end as we find scoring so hard.

There bloody are dressing room politics in CM now!

QPR - "shit but local"

Jimmy Dunne on 17:37 - Sep 29 with 1541 viewsLazyFan

JCS should be in for Fox, as that weakness was exploited at Brum, and only world-class goalkeeping saved us. We cannot expect that every week.

It won't happen as Gaz will try and show loyalty and unity. So, if the defence keeps a clean sheet, then they all stay. Long-term, culture-wise, this is fair enough.

Which means Dunne will be on the bench. There is no way he will be brought back in so quickly. After the Willock debacle last season, we have learned that you ease them back in.

Primarily as that has worked already this season by easing and not rushing Colback, Smyth, Dykes and Armstrong.

In my view, Reggie has been brought in as the long-term replacement for Smyth at RWB. As that is not really Smyth's position, this allows Smyth to move long-term to the left as Willock and probably Chair will be off in Jan.

What's more interesting is when Colback is back, does he auto-push Dozzel out? Dozzel needs to play a blinder on Saturday to keep his position. Otherwise, Colback will be back in the next game. This is the sort of pressure players need to be under, not injuries!

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024