Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale is open to a return 12:44 - Oct 15 with 20412 viewsLowerloftLad

I have just read that Mr Beale would be open to a return.

As much as Mr Ainsworth is starting to remind me of the coach who lost the plot In the waterboy movie surely this appointment will not be considered.

What is everyone's view on this?.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 12:51]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Beale is open to a return on 06:44 - Oct 16 with 2293 viewsNorthernr

Beale is open to a return on 21:34 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with all of that to be honest, but I did caveat it by saying we need a strong DoF who is properly in charge of transfers and just let him coach.
Agree he had some poor games. He also had some fabulous ones, and unlike Redknapp, which is a poor (or at least, premature) comparison (like taking his first year at Bournemouth as an example), the success he did have was down to coaching and tactics, whereas Redknapp was all about 'running ahrahnd a bit'.
One point and one goal from final 5 games yes, but that included a very decent point at Norwich and a game v Huddersfield where we had 19 shots and missed about 3 open goals. I'd take that now - it won't be what we get against Huddersfield in a few weeks, I'll guarantee that.
I mean, it's not going to happen, and I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just at the stage where I'd just like a coach who knows how to set a team up in this league and maybe get the best out of at least a couple of players.

You could pretty much point at just about anything else and say 'well it would surely be better than what we've got now'. We look completely amateurish. We shouldn't be basing anything on "well at least it'll be better than this" because you could exhume Don Howe and get Bobby Gould to move his mouth around and do the voice and at least it would be better than this.

I certainly agree that if any club, not just us, were looking to appoint him it should now be purely as a head coach, and you should let him nowhere near the recruitment. But, we don't have that here now. We have an absent board, and a CEO who previously said he leaves the football decisions to the football people but is now nevertheless the only one making decisions bar the manager.

If you actually look at the games he won though, I remember at the time one of the analytics guys telling me our results were significantly out of whack with what we were actually doing and there would be some regression to mean at some point - not to the point that you get relegated but still.

If we quickly go through them...

Boro H - Insanely good for half an hour. Scored one from 30 yards. Clung on for 60 mins having been 3-0 up, knackered the whole team and several key players doing it, won none of the next four including Blackpool and Rotherham at home.

Watford A - probably the best of the season, and at least featured two goals that came from the structure and plan of attacking through the full backs. Also featured two defensive calamities, a late disallowed Watford goal, and a 40 yarder that deflected off somebody's ars and changed direction completely xG of about 0.01.

Hull H - Brilliant for half an hour against a crap side with 10 injuries about to sack its manager. Spent the second half arguing the toss with each other, lost the next game at Swansea.

Millwall A - Excellent, a complete 90 minute performance. Another goal from outside the box though. Drew the next game 0-0 at home to Stoke.

Bristol City A - a first half as good as QPR have produced in years. Total collapse in the second half predicated by his mate Leon scoring an own goal, left to cling on desperately to a 2-1.

Sheff Utd A - fantastic result, and a clean sheet. Goal the goalkeeper should have saved in his sleep.

Reading H - late penalty against a team that ended up relegated having trailed.

Cardiff H - Excellent first half but another penalty, and a red card, at 0-0 which were both terrible decisions. Cardiff already onto a second manager by this point and very lucky not to be relegated.

Wigan H - two set piece goals against a relegated team.

So while I'm clearly exaggerating to prove my point, and this is all with hindsight, even the "oh he gave me hope" sunlit uplands of Mick's glory days at Loftus Road constituted basically
- victories against crap sides, several of whom got relegated or could easily have done so
- victories thanks to freak goals or dreadful refereeing
- blasts of 30 minutes of terrific stuff that the team couldn't keep going into the second half, never mind the game after.
- A good 90 minutes at Millwall who were All Sad about the Queen.
Beale is open to a return on 07:30 - Oct 16 with 2193 viewsQPROslo

Beale is open to a return on 18:10 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

I see the other point of view Bri, I'm just not that bothered. As a club we sacked a manager after 13 games and are about to sack another after a few months. I know there are differences with 'how you do things' and what Beale did was awful. But equally, he's not a criminal.
And I guarantee you this: the fans absolutely would wear it if he came here and turned us around. They'd wear it to their f'kin wedding, an important job interview and at a special black tie dinner to honour him.

I thought you were using irony on your first post on this thread Antii. I can't believe anyone at QPR would take Beale back after what he said about being all in with us and the players he brought in, and then leaving a month later, and after apparently he had been looking for another position so soon after joining us. If that's not enough which it is, how would anyone trust him not to do the exact same again after winning a couple of games with us and slightly improving his what must be rock bottom current reputation.
Beale is open to a return on 08:06 - Oct 16 with 2101 viewsstevec

But if we’re going to go down, wouldn’t it nicer if it happened under someone we hate rather than someone we love.

I don’t want to see Ainsworths career ruined, but Beales?

The owners have turned this club into a clown show, Beale would be the perfect appointment.
Beale is open to a return on 08:23 - Oct 16 with 2074 viewstraininvain

Beale is open to a return on 06:44 - Oct 16 by Northernr

You could pretty much point at just about anything else and say 'well it would surely be better than what we've got now'. We look completely amateurish. We shouldn't be basing anything on "well at least it'll be better than this" because you could exhume Don Howe and get Bobby Gould to move his mouth around and do the voice and at least it would be better than this.

I certainly agree that if any club, not just us, were looking to appoint him it should now be purely as a head coach, and you should let him nowhere near the recruitment. But, we don't have that here now. We have an absent board, and a CEO who previously said he leaves the football decisions to the football people but is now nevertheless the only one making decisions bar the manager.

If you actually look at the games he won though, I remember at the time one of the analytics guys telling me our results were significantly out of whack with what we were actually doing and there would be some regression to mean at some point - not to the point that you get relegated but still.

Boro H - Insanely good for half an hour. Scored one from 30 yards. Clung on for 60 mins having been 3-0 up, knackered the whole team and several key players doing it, won none of the next four including Blackpool and Rotherham at home.

Watford A - probably the best of the season, and at least featured two goals that came from the structure and plan of attacking through the full backs. Also featured two defensive calamities, a late disallowed Watford goal, and a 40 yarder that deflected off somebody's ars and changed direction completely xG of about 0.01.

Hull H - Brilliant for half an hour against a crap side with 10 injuries about to sack its manager. Spent the second half arguing the toss with each other, lost the next game at Swansea.

Millwall A - Excellent, a complete 90 minute performance. Another goal from outside the box though. Drew the next game 0-0 at home to Stoke.

Bristol City A - a first half as good as QPR have produced in years. Total collapse in the second half predicated by his mate Leon scoring an own goal, left to cling on desperately to a 2-1.

Sheff Utd A - fantastic result, and a clean sheet. Goal the goalkeeper should have saved in his sleep.

Cardiff H - Excellent first half but another penalty, and a red card, at 0-0 which were both terrible decisions. Cardiff already onto a second manager by this point and very lucky not to be relegated.

So while I'm clearly exaggerating to prove my point, and this is all with hindsight, even the "oh he gave me hope" sunlit uplands of Mick's glory days at Loftus Road constituted basically
- victories against crap sides, several of whom got relegated or could easily have done so
- blasts of 30 minutes of terrific stuff that the team couldn't keep going into the second half, never mind the game after.

I was against before reading this but now I’m on the fence!

What I’d give to watch a QPR team compete like we did in those games won under Beale.
Beale is open to a return on 08:26 - Oct 16 with 2069 viewsNorthernr

Beale is open to a return on 08:23 - Oct 16 by traininvain

I was against before reading this but now I’m on the fence!

What I’d give to watch a QPR team compete like we did in those games won under Beale.

Like I say, pretty much anything is better than what we've seen in the last few games.
Beale is open to a return on 08:47 - Oct 16 with 2023 viewsconnell10

Beale is open to a return on 17:31 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

He's hopefully been chastened. I was never bothered about him going to Rangers, even after a few months, it was only lying about committing himself to us.
HOWEVER, like a lot of the players we are forced to sign, he's damaged goods. He's probably better than the vast majority of names we'd have to consider and he has a point to prove.
Personally, I'd have him back under 2 conditions:
1. We appoint a proper DoF who will be in charge of transfers, clearly a Beale weak point.
2. There's a properly expensive break clause.

People make mistakes. Yes, he's a bullsh!t merchant, but he's also an exciting coach. I'm in the minority I know, but I have a very low opinion of humanity anyway, and just about everyone on earth is dishonest and duplicitous to some degree, especially when it comes to career: that's capitalism for you. At least under Beale we had a plan, and we looked like a football team. Many on here never forgave Andy Sinton, and now we all love him. Different scenario, but times and things change and needs must.

What you on mate? Are you trolling us?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Beale is open to a return on 09:52 - Oct 16 with 1834 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale is open to a return on 08:47 - Oct 16 by connell10

I just have a different opinion. Accept I'm in a minority of one! As I said, I don't get so hung up on the whole 'liar' thing that most people do, maybe because I have a dimmer view of humanity than most people. Everyone lies, it's just about degrees of lie.

Bare bones.

Beale is open to a return on 09:56 - Oct 16 with 1824 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale is open to a return on 06:44 - Oct 16 by Northernr

Excellent analysis!
I'd take beating some crap sides at the moment, I can tell you.
Overall, it's a bad idea, and it won't happen. But I can't say if it did I'd be, er, well, i can't tear my ST up - attacking my phone with a screwdriver?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Beale is open to a return on 09:58 - Oct 16 with 1819 viewsNorthernr

Beale is open to a return on 09:56 - Oct 16 by Antti_Heinola

Excellent analysis!
I'd take beating some crap sides at the moment, I can tell you.
Overall, it's a bad idea, and it won't happen. But I can't say if it did I'd be, er, well, i can't tear my ST up - attacking my phone with a screwdriver?

I am genuinely fascinated at what they do next (I suspect they are too, absolutely clueless) but I'd be astonished if it was this.
Beale is open to a return on 10:04 - Oct 16 with 1798 viewsted_hendrix

Beale is open to a return on 09:52 - Oct 16 by Antti_Heinola

I just have a different opinion. Accept I'm in a minority of one! As I said, I don't get so hung up on the whole 'liar' thing that most people do, maybe because I have a dimmer view of humanity than most people. Everyone lies, it's just about degrees of lie.

I don't lie.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Beale is open to a return on 10:08 - Oct 16 with 1782 viewsTheChef

Beale is open to a return on 09:58 - Oct 16 by Northernr

I am genuinely fascinated at what they do next (I suspect they are too, absolutely clueless) but I'd be astonished if it was this.

I reckon Ainsworth has till the end of the year to turn it round.

Clearly the cost of sacking him/coaching staff is a major factor. But I suppose the trade off of relegation is too great so at some point do we bite the bullet and get a new manager in, somehow stay up and accept the FFP punishment next season (whatever that may be)?

Or we just accept going down to League One and rebuild from there - however long that will take to get back to the Championship. And er, Ainsworth knows League One well...

Messy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale is open to a return on 10:13 - Oct 16 with 1750 viewsBAWHoops

Reckon it will either be a Johnny Jackson type and everyone just crosses their fingers, or Neil Warnock to bring a smile to everyone's faces.

Oh and they'll interview Chris Powell because they always interview Chris Powell

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Beale is open to a return on 10:13 - Oct 16 with 1750 viewsHooparoo

Beale can do one. Fck off!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Beale is open to a return on 10:17 - Oct 16 with 1727 viewsLongRanger

Until the owners realise they need a better structure and team of people at board level we can keep changing the manager all we like, but it will be same sh!t different day.

Ainsworth has to go, but the next manager could be Beale, Warnock, Luke Williams, whoever it is, they won't succeed long term until the owners get themselves sorted.

Beale probably would come back here, but he would take any job in the championship, doubt he'd pinpoint us as his ideal next step
Beale is open to a return on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 1687 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale is open to a return on 10:08 - Oct 16 by TheChef

I reckon Ainsworth has till the end of the year to turn it round.

Clearly the cost of sacking him/coaching staff is a major factor. But I suppose the trade off of relegation is too great so at some point do we bite the bullet and get a new manager in, somehow stay up and accept the FFP punishment next season (whatever that may be)?

Or we just accept going down to League One and rebuild from there - however long that will take to get back to the Championship. And er, Ainsworth knows League One well...

Messy.

The season will be irretrievable by the end of Jan.

Bare bones.

Beale is open to a return on 10:28 - Oct 16 with 1681 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this code for Ainsworth is defo gone?

I’m not ITK by any means but I’ve heard it’s just a case of agreeing exit package?
Beale is open to a return on 10:39 - Oct 16 with 1642 viewskingsburyR

I'm amazed they let you into the club with your honest views on how the club is run!

I fully agree with you by the way. We are a real life sh!tshow of a channel 4 drama.

I'd take Beale back begrudgingly if it meant Ainsworth was given a dignified boot.

I can't put up with another Blackburn performance.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beale is open to a return on 11:02 - Oct 16 with 1561 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Beale is open to a return on 11:13 - Oct 16 with 1541 viewsMDqprno1fan

The board should not waste anymore time with Gareth. Its time for him to go now!!
We have to get Beale back to finish what he started playing a brand of football the players are suited for rather than Gareths hoofball which is really a crap imitation of holloheads hoofball. We shoul;d also get him a good number 2 to help him out. Someone experienced like like a Ray harford of Don howe.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 11:15]
Beale is open to a return on 11:14 - Oct 16 with 1531 viewsTheChef

Beale is open to a return on 11:13 - Oct 16 by MDqprno1fan

The board should not waste anymore time with Gareth. Its time for him to go now!!
We have to get Beale back to finish what he started playing a brand of football the players are suited for rather than Gareths hoofball which is really a crap imitation of holloheads hoofball. We shoul;d also get him a good number 2 to help him out. Someone experienced like like a Ray harford of Don howe.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 11:15]

Hi Mick!

Favourite cheese?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale is open to a return on 11:18 - Oct 16 with 1507 viewstraininvain

Beale is open to a return on 11:14 - Oct 16 by TheChef

Hi Mick!

Favourite cheese?

I doubt he discriminates.
Beale is open to a return on 11:19 - Oct 16 with 1504 viewsdaveB

If they do anything other than give it to Warnock I'll be amazed. Not saying thats what they should do but it's such an obvious move much like giving Ainsworth the job a few months ago

I think Ainsworth will be gone after Rotherham
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 11:20]
Beale is open to a return on 11:28 - Oct 16 with 1454 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale is open to a return on 11:19 - Oct 16 by daveB

If they do anything other than give it to Warnock I'll be amazed. Not saying thats what they should do but it's such an obvious move much like giving Ainsworth the job a few months ago

I could see it going to Warnock until end of the season. He will almost definitely keep us up, and then Richard Reilly, who seems to be doing the recruitment, can find the bloody DoF and coach and have them ready for the summer. Makes sense in a way.

Bare bones.

Beale is open to a return on 11:30 - Oct 16 with 1441 viewskernowhoop

Beale is open to a return on 08:47 - Oct 16 by connell10

"I'm in the minority I know, but I have a very low opinion of humanity anyway, and just about everyone on earth is dishonest and duplicitous to some degree, especially when it comes to career: that's capitalism for you."

Wouldn't that be 'people' rather than 'capitalism'?
Beale is open to a return on 11:31 - Oct 16 with 1436 viewsArcticHoop

Beale is open to a return on 11:19 - Oct 16 by daveB

I think if we lose more than 1 goal at Huddersfield he will be gone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024