Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale is open to a return 12:44 - Oct 15 with 20419 viewsLowerloftLad

I have just read that Mr Beale would be open to a return.

As much as Mr Ainsworth is starting to remind me of the coach who lost the plot In the waterboy movie surely this appointment will not be considered.

What is everyone's view on this?.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 12:51]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Beale is open to a return on 11:33 - Oct 16 with 4363 viewskernowhoop

Beale is open to a return on 21:13 - Oct 15 by qprxtc

F uck Mick Beale

F uck the horse he rode in on

F uck his mole

F uck his hole

F uck the f uck off.

We may be f ucked but have some f ucking dignity.

Getting back with an ex is f ucked. Banging on about them all the time is f ucked. They f ucked you over. F uck them. It’s definitely f ucking them not you. Don’t f ucking look them up on Facebook and live now. Or tomorrow.

F uck Beale the f ucking weasel.

Have some f ucking dignity you f ucking sad c unts.

Amen.

So, you would give him a warm welcome then, XTC?
Beale is open to a return on 11:37 - Oct 16 with 4319 viewsE17hoop

Beale is open to a return on 06:44 - Oct 16 by Northernr

You could pretty much point at just about anything else and say 'well it would surely be better than what we've got now'. We look completely amateurish. We shouldn't be basing anything on "well at least it'll be better than this" because you could exhume Don Howe and get Bobby Gould to move his mouth around and do the voice and at least it would be better than this.

I certainly agree that if any club, not just us, were looking to appoint him it should now be purely as a head coach, and you should let him nowhere near the recruitment. But, we don't have that here now. We have an absent board, and a CEO who previously said he leaves the football decisions to the football people but is now nevertheless the only one making decisions bar the manager.

If you actually look at the games he won though, I remember at the time one of the analytics guys telling me our results were significantly out of whack with what we were actually doing and there would be some regression to mean at some point - not to the point that you get relegated but still.

If we quickly go through them...

Boro H - Insanely good for half an hour. Scored one from 30 yards. Clung on for 60 mins having been 3-0 up, knackered the whole team and several key players doing it, won none of the next four including Blackpool and Rotherham at home.

Watford A - probably the best of the season, and at least featured two goals that came from the structure and plan of attacking through the full backs. Also featured two defensive calamities, a late disallowed Watford goal, and a 40 yarder that deflected off somebody's ars and changed direction completely xG of about 0.01.

Hull H - Brilliant for half an hour against a crap side with 10 injuries about to sack its manager. Spent the second half arguing the toss with each other, lost the next game at Swansea.

Millwall A - Excellent, a complete 90 minute performance. Another goal from outside the box though. Drew the next game 0-0 at home to Stoke.

Bristol City A - a first half as good as QPR have produced in years. Total collapse in the second half predicated by his mate Leon scoring an own goal, left to cling on desperately to a 2-1.

Sheff Utd A - fantastic result, and a clean sheet. Goal the goalkeeper should have saved in his sleep.

Reading H - late penalty against a team that ended up relegated having trailed.

Cardiff H - Excellent first half but another penalty, and a red card, at 0-0 which were both terrible decisions. Cardiff already onto a second manager by this point and very lucky not to be relegated.

Wigan H - two set piece goals against a relegated team.

So while I'm clearly exaggerating to prove my point, and this is all with hindsight, even the "oh he gave me hope" sunlit uplands of Mick's glory days at Loftus Road constituted basically
- victories against crap sides, several of whom got relegated or could easily have done so
- victories thanks to freak goals or dreadful refereeing
- blasts of 30 minutes of terrific stuff that the team couldn't keep going into the second half, never mind the game after.
- A good 90 minutes at Millwall who were All Sad about the Queen.

I never believed in xG and thought it was a crock, just there to find a way to create another industry about football, but it's been proven right. We were lucky to get the goals we did under Beale and it's been pretty spot on since.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Beale is open to a return on 11:43 - Oct 16 with 4290 viewsRBlock

You could pretty much point at just about anything else and say 'well it would surely be better than what we've got now'. We look completely amateurish. We shouldn't be basing anything on "well at least it'll be better than this" because you could exhume Don Howe and get Bobby Gould to move his mouth around and do the voice and at least it would be better than this.

I certainly agree that if any club, not just us, were looking to appoint him it should now be purely as a head coach, and you should let him nowhere near the recruitment. But, we don't have that here now. We have an absent board, and a CEO who previously said he leaves the football decisions to the football people but is now nevertheless the only one making decisions bar the manager.

If you actually look at the games he won though, I remember at the time one of the analytics guys telling me our results were significantly out of whack with what we were actually doing and there would be some regression to mean at some point - not to the point that you get relegated but still.

Boro H - Insanely good for half an hour. Scored one from 30 yards. Clung on for 60 mins having been 3-0 up, knackered the whole team and several key players doing it, won none of the next four including Blackpool and Rotherham at home.

Watford A - probably the best of the season, and at least featured two goals that came from the structure and plan of attacking through the full backs. Also featured two defensive calamities, a late disallowed Watford goal, and a 40 yarder that deflected off somebody's ars and changed direction completely xG of about 0.01.

Hull H - Brilliant for half an hour against a crap side with 10 injuries about to sack its manager. Spent the second half arguing the toss with each other, lost the next game at Swansea.

Millwall A - Excellent, a complete 90 minute performance. Another goal from outside the box though. Drew the next game 0-0 at home to Stoke.

Bristol City A - a first half as good as QPR have produced in years. Total collapse in the second half predicated by his mate Leon scoring an own goal, left to cling on desperately to a 2-1.

Sheff Utd A - fantastic result, and a clean sheet. Goal the goalkeeper should have saved in his sleep.

Cardiff H - Excellent first half but another penalty, and a red card, at 0-0 which were both terrible decisions. Cardiff already onto a second manager by this point and very lucky not to be relegated.

So while I'm clearly exaggerating to prove my point, and this is all with hindsight, even the "oh he gave me hope" sunlit uplands of Mick's glory days at Loftus Road constituted basically
- victories against crap sides, several of whom got relegated or could easily have done so
- blasts of 30 minutes of terrific stuff that the team couldn't keep going into the second half, never mind the game after.

Almost like there is something to all that xG lark...
Beale is open to a return on 12:17 - Oct 16 with 4154 viewsNorthernr

Beale is open to a return on 11:37 - Oct 16 by E17hoop

I never believed in xG and thought it was a crock, just there to find a way to create another industry about football, but it's been proven right. We were lucky to get the goals we did under Beale and it's been pretty spot on since.

It's decent and reliable over a large sample size of games.

It has plenty of flaws though and is rubbish when looked at for individual matches.
Beale is open to a return on 12:41 - Oct 16 with 4072 viewsGalileo

Taking our well founded prejudices aside is Beale the answer ?
Lots of evidence on here to suggest maybe not; he did well in parts but it certainly wasn't a wholly convincing tenure. His big mistake was walking within 5 months of semi-establishing himself as a potentially good manager. Nothing more than potential. A 2/3 year stint in the Championship would certainly go a long way to determining whether he was the real deal.

Anyhow, if not GA which seems to be the case and if not MB which doesn't seem to be popular and possibly an idea without any foundation , who can we realistically trust with turning us around ? Dammed if I know.
Beale is open to a return on 12:59 - Oct 16 with 3986 viewsRangersw12

Beale is open to a return on 12:41 - Oct 16 by Galileo

Taking our well founded prejudices aside is Beale the answer ?
Lots of evidence on here to suggest maybe not; he did well in parts but it certainly wasn't a wholly convincing tenure. His big mistake was walking within 5 months of semi-establishing himself as a potentially good manager. Nothing more than potential. A 2/3 year stint in the Championship would certainly go a long way to determining whether he was the real deal.

Anyhow, if not GA which seems to be the case and if not MB which doesn't seem to be popular and possibly an idea without any foundation , who can we realistically trust with turning us around ? Dammed if I know.

I would give it to Warnock till the end of the season and go all out to get a DOF
Beale is open to a return on 13:12 - Oct 16 with 3925 viewsbaz_qpr

Late to the party only just seen this.

Looks like Kite flying to me, gauge the reaction.

At the moment any half decent manager is not going to touch us with a bargepole at least until next summer, 1 year of free fall, no money no depth and a squad in desperate need of coaching.

So you are going to need an ego the size of the sun to be willing to take this on or desperate to resurrect your career. Whether Warnock would take it IF it was offered and those are still two very big IFs (especially with Hoo's, the owners and Ramsey still at the club) or we could even afford him. I can see the appeal if the "hurt" could be gotten over and Willock gets his mentor back.

If I was Eustace I would run a mile his stock is high. This is going to have to be a resurrection job for someone needing a resurrection
Beale is open to a return on 13:15 - Oct 16 with 3913 viewsTheChef

Beale is open to a return on 13:12 - Oct 16 by baz_qpr

Late to the party only just seen this.

Looks like Kite flying to me, gauge the reaction.

At the moment any half decent manager is not going to touch us with a bargepole at least until next summer, 1 year of free fall, no money no depth and a squad in desperate need of coaching.

So you are going to need an ego the size of the sun to be willing to take this on or desperate to resurrect your career. Whether Warnock would take it IF it was offered and those are still two very big IFs (especially with Hoo's, the owners and Ramsey still at the club) or we could even afford him. I can see the appeal if the "hurt" could be gotten over and Willock gets his mentor back.

If I was Eustace I would run a mile his stock is high. This is going to have to be a resurrection job for someone needing a resurrection

Eustace signed Roberts and Laird, so it's a no from me. And he wouldn't come back anyway.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Beale is open to a return on 13:22 - Oct 16 with 3870 viewswombat

Beale is open to a return on 13:15 - Oct 16 by TheChef

Eustace signed Roberts and Laird, so it's a no from me. And he wouldn't come back anyway.

sorry to say if he walks back through the rangers revolving door that would be it for me ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Beale is open to a return on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 3865 viewsconnell10

Beale is open to a return on 09:52 - Oct 16 by Antti_Heinola

I just have a different opinion. Accept I'm in a minority of one! As I said, I don't get so hung up on the whole 'liar' thing that most people do, maybe because I have a dimmer view of humanity than most people. Everyone lies, it's just about degrees of lie.

Good grief!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Beale is open to a return on 13:36 - Oct 16 with 3801 viewsJuzzie

Four pages in and no mention at all where the notion has come from that he's open to a return, other than a couple of "I have read...."

Source(s) please!

If there is, however, any grain of truth that he is keen on a return to QPR then he's an even bigger cnt courting a job that is currently occupied, however fragile.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 13:41]
Beale is open to a return on 13:38 - Oct 16 with 3789 viewsDiddy

Done the dirty on us once, and once is enough. No chance of this happening anyway, fans and owners (and probably players) wouldn't have it and I can't blame them.
Beale is open to a return on 13:55 - Oct 16 with 3693 viewsRangersw12

Beale is open to a return on 13:36 - Oct 16 by Juzzie

Four pages in and no mention at all where the notion has come from that he's open to a return, other than a couple of "I have read...."

Source(s) please!

If there is, however, any grain of truth that he is keen on a return to QPR then he's an even bigger cnt courting a job that is currently occupied, however fragile.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 13:41]

Here is where it's all came from but I haven't paid for the patreon.

Beale is open to a return on 14:18 - Oct 16 with 3613 viewsLongRanger

We shouldn't forget we got about £1m for him, he didn't just walk away. I don't like him and wouldn't want him back, but since Eze, think we've only had more for Dieng
Beale is open to a return on 14:56 - Oct 16 with 3503 viewsQPR_Jim

Obviously a no from us isn't it?

I doubt it's serious as he's clearly quite strategic about what jobs he takes, probably more about getting his name out there with people reminded of his time at QPR rather than the current association of his name with failure at Rangers.

If it is testing the water from the club I'd be amazed that there's anyone in the building with the balls to suggest it, given what the reaction would be. I'd be less surprised that there's someone stupid enough and out of touch with the fans enough to suggest it.
Beale is open to a return on 15:32 - Oct 16 with 3386 viewsBklynRanger

Apart from anything else it's just not practical.

His available credit is so low with so many, he'd have to pull off those champagne moments Clive summarises above ALL the feckin' time. He's proven over a decent number of games that he can't do that, maybe nobody can. It would be a bloody mess.

I know we're all desperate, so am I. If I thought he'd rocket us up the league maybe I'd consider it, but he wouldn't, and he's a tvvat.
Beale is open to a return on 18:08 - Oct 16 with 3103 viewscolinallcars

My Fulham supporting friend Egbert Winthrop-Fairfax told me over a glass of medium dry sherry earlier, that Beale may be a surprise candidate for the Fulham job should the vacancy arise.
Beale is open to a return on 21:46 - Oct 16 with 2815 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He won't be coming back and nor should we have him back. Once bitten, twice shy.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 21:46]
Beale is open to a return on 22:21 - Oct 16 with 2725 viewsA40Bosh

What XTC said - then x1000

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Beale is open to a return on 22:55 - Oct 16 with 2661 viewscolinallcars

Beale is open to a return on 21:46 - Oct 16 by Benny_the_Ball

He won't be coming back and nor should we have him back. Once bitten, twice shy.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 21:46]

Beale is open to a return on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 2200 viewsnumptydumpty

This man should and absolutely deserves a second chance from us.

He got us to the top of the table with his exceptional talents and only left us for family reasons.

His pedigree is top notch and with the predicament we are currently in, the return of the prodigal son is all about time.

It's an absolute inevitability.

We will all of course be nice and welcome back one of our own with open arms.

Until that day we struggle.

With the Beale monster in charge, the world of QPR will shine brightly once more !!

Let's pray for that day...

Best regards

"Mick Beale " Agent !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Beale is open to a return on 18:11 - Oct 29 with 1657 viewsjohncharles

Beale is open to a return on 17:32 - Oct 17 by numptydumpty

This man should and absolutely deserves a second chance from us.

He got us to the top of the table with his exceptional talents and only left us for family reasons.

His pedigree is top notch and with the predicament we are currently in, the return of the prodigal son is all about time.

It's an absolute inevitability.

We will all of course be nice and welcome back one of our own with open arms.

Until that day we struggle.

With the Beale monster in charge, the world of QPR will shine brightly once more !!

Let's pray for that day...

Best regards

"Mick Beale " Agent !!

Scottish papers reckon Beale’s on his way back. Raring to go. I dunno, maybe a Beale that’s learning from his mistakes and wants to prove a point might not be a bad option ? Considering that Neil might not want to come after the way we treated him the last time. I dunno 🤷‍♀️

Strong and stable my arse.

Beale is open to a return on 18:22 - Oct 29 with 1543 viewsLblock

This was exactly how I felt during those games

I was as amazed we were racking points up but over the course of quite a few games I’d convinced myself that it was just my pessimism
Walked away from those Boro and Wigan games convinced we were in a false position but got shouted down on it.

This is a club which is rotten and the blame sits clearly with those no longer here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beale is open to a return on 20:02 - Oct 29 with 1269 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale is open to a return on 14:56 - Oct 16 by QPR_Jim

Obviously a no from us isn't it?

I doubt it's serious as he's clearly quite strategic about what jobs he takes, probably more about getting his name out there with people reminded of his time at QPR rather than the current association of his name with failure at Rangers.

If it is testing the water from the club I'd be amazed that there's anyone in the building with the balls to suggest it, given what the reaction would be. I'd be less surprised that there's someone stupid enough and out of touch with the fans enough to suggest it.

Stupid and out of touch with the fans - that doesn't sound a bit like QPR!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Beale is open to a return on 21:33 - Oct 29 with 1049 viewsHayesender

Beale is odds on favourite for the Millwall job. I've noticed there's no manager odds for our job on any of the betting sights which is very strange

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024