Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched the highlights 19:12 - Oct 21 with 4658 viewsloftboy

Defence absent for both goals.
Armstrong should have equalised but was at too slow to react, love his attitude and commitment but without that killer instinct he’s not going to be the answer to our problems.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just watched the highlights on 21:21 - Oct 21 with 3925 viewsAntti_Heinola

a bad miss, but I actually think Dunne's was even worse. Unmarked, 5 yards out, free header.

Bare bones.

Just watched the highlights on 21:32 - Oct 21 with 3887 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

Dreadful defending. Sinclair so slow to respond to the ball back off the post. Some excellent corners from Dozzell. If you defend like that you are really up against it. However, you look at that and think how did we manage not to get something out of that game?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just watched the highlights on 22:15 - Oct 21 with 3788 viewsSteveB

Armstrong. Would have been more use in England's front row tonight. He is not & will never be a footballer. He does not possess that instinct to score goals, never will.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 22:16]
Just watched the highlights on 22:19 - Oct 21 with 3758 viewsdaveB

Armstrong was too slow to react but agree with Antti, Dunnes free header was an easier chance.

Dunne was dreadful again today, his defending for the first goal was a disgrace
Just watched the highlights on 22:19 - Oct 21 with 3741 viewsdigswellhoop

for gods sake give him time hecan be a star dont get on him now
Just watched the highlights on 22:21 - Oct 21 with 3747 viewsWestonsuperR

Just watched the highlights on 22:15 - Oct 21 by SteveB

Armstrong. Would have been more use in England's front row tonight. He is not & will never be a footballer. He does not possess that instinct to score goals, never will.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 22:16]

I agree. I don’t get the hype and excitement around him, brilliant attitude and very athletic but clearly not a footballer. Armstrong now has 1 goal in 30 something appearances. I’m not even sure he would get a run out if sent on loan to league 1 or 2.
Just watched the highlights on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 3666 viewsSteveB

Just watched the highlights on 22:19 - Oct 21 by digswellhoop

for gods sake give him time hecan be a star dont get on him now

No, he won't be a star, no chance.

I really don't understand the hype. He would not make the starting line up for Slough mate. Stop all this bollox. The boy is pony. Tries hard, lovely kid no doubt. Shit CF though.
Just watched the highlights on 23:33 - Oct 21 with 3497 viewsBoston

Armstrong - natural athlete but isn't in the right sport.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Just watched the highlights on 23:41 - Oct 21 with 3468 viewsOakR

I thought Less was awful when he first started with us so I won't write anyone off.

Armstrong certainly isn't ready now - he needs a loan / more dev time. They say you can't teach the natural striker instinct, which I think is true..but he certainly could work on runs/ being onside more often. It must be hard coming into a side like this.

Both goals are abject, but the second one we concede is the worst one for me. Simple one-twos from them, and we don't track anyone, everyone seems to be following the ball like you see with an U8s game. We can say whatever we want about the set-up but this is basic stuff, it's not like they had an overload, we seemd to have plenty of players back.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Just watched the highlights on 23:47 - Oct 21 with 3433 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Dunne obviously atrocious for the first goal but what is Kakay doing for the second? Rather than marking his player, he's standing several yards away from him, which means he's completely redundant. Just unbelievably poor at this level. I know he's an easy target but if you've got Kakay starting in defence every week, you're going down.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 23:47]
Just watched the highlights on 23:48 - Oct 21 with 3436 viewsCateLeBonR

Just watched the highlights on 22:34 - Oct 21 by SteveB

I really don't understand the hype. He would not make the starting line up for Slough mate. Stop all this bollox. The boy is pony. Tries hard, lovely kid no doubt. Shit CF though.

More hope than hype probably.

In some fantasy world where we didn't have Armstrong starting today. It would have been Kolli backed up by Kelman. This is where we are.
Just watched the highlights on 23:51 - Oct 21 with 3393 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just watched the highlights on 23:41 - Oct 21 by OakR

I thought Less was awful when he first started with us so I won't write anyone off.

Armstrong certainly isn't ready now - he needs a loan / more dev time. They say you can't teach the natural striker instinct, which I think is true..but he certainly could work on runs/ being onside more often. It must be hard coming into a side like this.

Both goals are abject, but the second one we concede is the worst one for me. Simple one-twos from them, and we don't track anyone, everyone seems to be following the ball like you see with an U8s game. We can say whatever we want about the set-up but this is basic stuff, it's not like they had an overload, we seemd to have plenty of players back.

Yeah, Kakay doesn't look once at the bloke in blue and white moving towards the penalty spot. He looks to their right side the whole time. It's f*cking insane.
Just watched the highlights on 23:55 - Oct 21 with 3370 viewsstainrods_elbow

After a diabolical start, we could - and should - have got a draw, and Clive's probably imminently vitriolic report (and some people think I'm the splenetic guy on here!) needs to acknowledge that. Their two goals were just a knife through butter, though - AGAIN! It's beyond dispiriting after all the promises of a 'reaction' and 'work on the training ground', and deserving of vocal abuse at a minimum. Personally, I'd like to lay out a lot of the people currently in the building.

If Dobson and employers had any standards or balls, they'd be calling them in on Monday morning to explain themselves. Mind you, that would be a club that had accountability, standards and a properly professional ethos. Not at QPR, clearly.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 23:56]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Just watched the highlights on 00:12 - Oct 22 with 3347 viewsozexile

Just watched the highlights on 23:47 - Oct 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

Dunne obviously atrocious for the first goal but what is Kakay doing for the second? Rather than marking his player, he's standing several yards away from him, which means he's completely redundant. Just unbelievably poor at this level. I know he's an easy target but if you've got Kakay starting in defence every week, you're going down.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 23:47]

Abysmal defending. As soon as someone enters the penalty area they should be picked up. It's schoolboy stuff.
Just watched the highlights on 08:39 - Oct 22 with 3018 viewsgazza1

Just watched the highlights on 21:21 - Oct 21 by Antti_Heinola

a bad miss, but I actually think Dunne's was even worse. Unmarked, 5 yards out, free header.

This observation shows that you have never played the game and know very little about it.......the Armstrong failure should have been 'bread & butter' for most players but he failed. As for Dunn's header, yes he should have done better but it was nowhere near as easy as the opportunity from 2 yards that Armstrong failed to score.
Just watched the highlights on 09:04 - Oct 22 with 2921 viewsdistortR

Armstrong has attributes, we aren't playing to his strengths. He needs to improve on his awareness regarding being offside, but he could also do with players releasing the ball quicker to him, while he makes his initial run.
I feel for the lad, a loan would have been good, he also could do with being used more sparingly at this stage of his development.
Just watched the highlights on 14:35 - Oct 22 with 2506 viewsOldPedro

".......but the second one we concede is the worst one for me. Simple one-twos from them, and we don't track anyone, everyone seems to be following the ball like you see with an U8s game. "

There were a few occasions in the first half where this happened and we had several players chasing the ball like a kids game allowing Huddersfield to simply pass the ball around us. Most of the players involved are experienced players - it must be that this is the way they are being set up and being told to play/press.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Just watched the highlights on 14:44 - Oct 22 with 2460 viewsWokingR

Just watched the highlights on 22:34 - Oct 21 by SteveB

I’ll take an Armstrong over a Richards every day of the week
Just watched the highlights on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 2415 viewsNorthernr

The thing that stuck out about both goals for me, is we've conceded both those goals repeatedly under this management.

The first, for instance, is exactly the same as Leeds' goal - given away down the right allowing an opponent to go in down that side of our defence and cross in behind for an unmarked player at the back post to finish simply. It's very similar to Coventry's second and third the other week, all three goals Coventry scored at ours last season, and Birmingham's winner at our place.

The second goal, man gets to the byline and cuts back to a queue of unmarked players, is one we've seen repeatedly. Twice in the first half against Blackburn, the Swansea goal, Sunderland's third, West Brom's second.

They've just had two weeks of uninterrupted training to work on stuff. WTF are they doing down there?
Just watched the highlights on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 2387 viewsvanrrrr

Just watched the highlights on 15:02 - Oct 22 by Northernr

The thing that stuck out about both goals for me, is we've conceded both those goals repeatedly under this management.

The first, for instance, is exactly the same as Leeds' goal - given away down the right allowing an opponent to go in down that side of our defence and cross in behind for an unmarked player at the back post to finish simply. It's very similar to Coventry's second and third the other week, all three goals Coventry scored at ours last season, and Birmingham's winner at our place.

The second goal, man gets to the byline and cuts back to a queue of unmarked players, is one we've seen repeatedly. Twice in the first half against Blackburn, the Swansea goal, Sunderland's third, West Brom's second.

They've just had two weeks of uninterrupted training to work on stuff. WTF are they doing down there?

Been working on Emptying the tank and crawling off the pitch?

Same every week and players body language yesterday on several occasions seemed to say that they don’t know what they are supposed to be doing. Looked schoolboy stuff.

I never believed that line that Gareth was a frustrated proponent of Total Football and we’d see that when he had ‘better’ players but I did expect us to be hard to beat - massive failure there and if he can’t do that, what good is he?
Just watched the highlights on 15:10 - Oct 22 with 2384 viewsEastR

Just watched the highlights on 15:02 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Our defenders can't perfect defending as long as they're practicing with forwards who don't know how to create scoring opportunities

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Just watched the highlights on 15:15 - Oct 22 with 2369 viewsNorthernr

Just watched the highlights on 15:10 - Oct 22 by EastR

Our defenders can't perfect defending as long as they're practicing with forwards who don't know how to create scoring opportunities

Haha yeh, if you're training against Dykes and Armstrong I bet it's clean sheets galore down at Heston!
Just watched the highlights on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 2275 viewsOakR

Just watched the highlights on 15:15 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Haha yeh, if you're training against Dykes and Armstrong I bet it's clean sheets galore down at Heston!

You could argue with our defending maybe they are both getting hatricks in training.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Just watched the highlights on 08:17 - Oct 23 with 2027 viewskingsburyR

Only now can I take myself to watch the highlights.

Jesus wept! You don't have to be too creative to score against us. Stick with the old blueprint that has been so successful with every other team we have played so far this season.

I'm afraid I have been in the anti Armstrong camp for a long time now. Nothing against the lad and his effort but he needs to drop down a division or two to see if there is a CF in these somewhere. Not reacting to the ball off the post is poor forwards work. But I agree Jimmys miss header is just as bad. 5 yards out, free header...at least hit the bloody target.

I still cannot see why GA has kept his job with the run of form and performances we are putting in.

We will become detached from the rest of the league soon enough. Luckily its only Leicester next!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Just watched the highlights on 18:27 - Oct 23 with 1852 viewsBurnleyhoop

Just watched the highlights on 23:48 - Oct 21 by CateLeBonR

More hope than hype probably.

In some fantasy world where we didn't have Armstrong starting today. It would have been Kolli backed up by Kelman. This is where we are.

Armstrong is only productive if closing the opposition defence down with his aggressive runs. Didn’t even do any of that on Saturday. No collective pressing in the oppositions half whatsoever, making Armstrong’s contribution minimal at best.

Kolli looks to have more about him to me. Better touch, better in the air. Would like to see what he can do over 90 minutes rather than the last 10. Something has to give.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024