Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth 22:55 - Oct 23 with 8946 viewsQPRConor2000

Anyone noticed that there was no pre-match interview with Ainsworth today?

Very odd.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 1901 viewsBurnleyhoop

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:04 - Oct 24 by daveB

When he arrived he looked like he could still play, poor sod looks a beaten man now

Needs putting out of his misery, like an old dog unable to control its back legs anymore.

No one needs that level of stress and pressure in their lives. Simply not worth the grief.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 1901 viewsNorthernr

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:13 - Oct 24 by TK1

Can you imagine the stress of the run he's on? Never mind the fans and the external noise or even the thought of being sacked, but just also going in to work every day, the atmosphere at the training ground must be mutinous. I wonder who he feels he can trust down there? Dobbo? Anyone else? Certainly not the staff who were there before or even any of the senior pros he has brought in who are probably all giving him sideways looks. I'd be a total paranoid wreck (and rightly so). I don't think he should be QPR manager tonight or going forward, but I really feel for him.

Absolutely. It's borderline cruel.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:35 - Oct 24 with 1841 viewsdaveB

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:14 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Although I think he needs to go I'd love to see him get a win before he goes, an epic 1-0 against Leicester
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:36 - Oct 24 with 1835 viewshubble

Ainsworth: the pain's not worth it. Resign for your own sake and ours.

He'll never resign. He's too stubborn and proud. They'll have to sack him.

They won't sack him, something's going on, but what it is, we can only speculate.

Poor old sod. It must be like a living nightmare for him. I think he needs someone to take him to one side and say: Gareth, life's too short mate. Let it go!

A career playing pubs and small venues beckons.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 1832 viewsJevlar

Does feel like he’s just stringing sentences together now in the faint hope he’ll stumble upon a bit of inspiration.

Key takeaway from that interview is that GA doesn’t know how to get them out of this rut.

But the boys are still giving him everything…
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 1832 viewsted_hendrix

He can leave any time he likes, he's not handcuffed to the bloody building.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:42 - Oct 24 with 1812 viewsNed_Kennedys

It’s sad that some seem to be enjoying what he is going through on here.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:42 - Oct 24 with 1811 viewsbosh67

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 10:50 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Here he comes. He doesn't look well.

He genuinely is starting to look haunted. I feel for him.

I did laugh at the line...

I meet fans in the streets and they say they understand and just keep going.

They may have meant just keep walking.

Who'd want to be a football manager here?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:48 - Oct 24 with 1774 viewsEastR

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:36 - Oct 24 by hubble

Ainsworth: the pain's not worth it. Resign for your own sake and ours.

He'll never resign. He's too stubborn and proud. They'll have to sack him.

They won't sack him, something's going on, but what it is, we can only speculate.

Poor old sod. It must be like a living nightmare for him. I think he needs someone to take him to one side and say: Gareth, life's too short mate. Let it go!

A career playing pubs and small venues beckons.

He’ll be able to use the experience of the breakup as inspiration for his next album. It’ll be Adele levels of misery and grouching, and a best seller.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:49 - Oct 24 with 1763 viewsngbqpr

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

He can leave any time he likes, he's not handcuffed to the bloody building.

Agreed Ted - but has anyone actually done that since Keegan in the Wembley tunnel?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:50 - Oct 24 with 1756 viewsYorkRanger

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:14 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Club legend being destroyed in front of our eyes. Irrespective of what his abilities are or are not as a Manager it is extremely sad to see and hard to believe anyone can take any pleasure in it. There is no doubt he is a proud man and it matters to him more than anything and watching it unfold in front of him and recognising that he is proving unable to change it must be devastating to him personally.

The whole situation is soul destroying for everyone. The memory can play tricks but I cant remember feeling as despondent and devoid of hope in any previous period supporting QPR for the thick end of almost 50 years.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:53 - Oct 24 with 1736 viewsLoftgirl

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:42 - Oct 24 by bosh67

He genuinely is starting to look haunted. I feel for him.

I did laugh at the line...

I meet fans in the streets and they say they understand and just keep going.

They may have meant just keep walking.

Who'd want to be a football manager here?

Maybe they weren't QPR fans.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:55 - Oct 24 with 1728 viewsdavman

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 09:14 - Oct 24 by SpongeParr

Always baffles me that the interviewer, recruited by QPR for QPR, get's stick for not trying to make the QPR manager look silly.

That's the job of newspapers etc.

The last couple of managers don't even need newspapers to make them look silly; they and the players do that really efficiently anyway.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:57 - Oct 24 with 1718 viewsted_hendrix

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:50 - Oct 24 by YorkRanger

Club legend being destroyed in front of our eyes. Irrespective of what his abilities are or are not as a Manager it is extremely sad to see and hard to believe anyone can take any pleasure in it. There is no doubt he is a proud man and it matters to him more than anything and watching it unfold in front of him and recognising that he is proving unable to change it must be devastating to him personally.

The whole situation is soul destroying for everyone. The memory can play tricks but I cant remember feeling as despondent and devoid of hope in any previous period supporting QPR for the thick end of almost 50 years.

Well firstly he's not a club legend (my opinion) he was a good footballer when he was here and always gave 100% when on the pitch.

I can't see anywhere on this thread where people are taking pleasure in the sad state of the bloke?

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 1717 viewsdaveB

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:49 - Oct 24 by ngbqpr

Agreed Ted - but has anyone actually done that since Keegan in the Wembley tunnel?

A visit to the Bobby Gould toilets on Saturday is in order
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 12:36 - Oct 24 with 1551 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:42 - Oct 24 by Ned_Kennedys

It’s sad that some seem to be enjoying what he is going through on here.

Not here so much to be fair, and not unique to our club, but some Facebook and Twitter reactions are horrendous.

Unhappy people using the club and its personell as an emotional punchbag.

Until told that he’s otherwise employed I’m behind him. Same with the next guy.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 12:39]
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 12:40 - Oct 24 with 1522 viewsaston_hoop

"Statistically it was one of our best performances of the season" - Was that supposed to be a positive? Thats a pretty damning point about our season given how bad the performance was on Saturday

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 12:45 - Oct 24 with 1501 viewskingsburyR

I will continue to criticise but it looks like the job is taking its toll on GA.

Stress is a complete bastard and should be avoided.

He won't jack it in and it looks like the board will not sack him so continue we will.

I'd love to say we can get something out of tonight but I just cannot see it.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:02 - Oct 24 with 1417 viewsdaveB

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 12:45 - Oct 24 by kingsburyR

I will continue to criticise but it looks like the job is taking its toll on GA.

Stress is a complete bastard and should be avoided.

He won't jack it in and it looks like the board will not sack him so continue we will.

I'd love to say we can get something out of tonight but I just cannot see it.

tonight is our best chance of a win this week imo, West Brom are very hit and miss and have a few players out

Sating that we are crap so I'm not expecting much
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:10 - Oct 24 with 1377 viewsYorkRanger

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 11:57 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

Well firstly he's not a club legend (my opinion) he was a good footballer when he was here and always gave 100% when on the pitch.

I can't see anywhere on this thread where people are taking pleasure in the sad state of the bloke?

Ted, I think he is a legend in many peoples eyes, gave a lot for the team in a very good era but agreed not up there with Marsh, Bowles, Wilkins, Stainrod (for me).

In terms of people taking pleasure I wasnt referring to this thread, have a look at Twitter at some point and you'll see what I mean.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 1347 viewsAntti_Heinola

A terrifying picture that illustrates perfectly why I didn't want him to ever be our manager. Nothing to do with ability (then), just that I knew this would happen to my beloved Gaz.

Bare bones.

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:37 - Oct 24 with 1262 viewsted_hendrix

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:10 - Oct 24 by YorkRanger

Ted, I think he is a legend in many peoples eyes, gave a lot for the team in a very good era but agreed not up there with Marsh, Bowles, Wilkins, Stainrod (for me).

In terms of people taking pleasure I wasnt referring to this thread, have a look at Twitter at some point and you'll see what I mean.

Okay fair enough mate-fair enough.

Look I don't take pleasure In seeing him in the state he's In and like I've posted before on more than one occasion It's the club that comes first for me always, not the Manager nor the players but the club, the way I see It GA has been installed as the Manager and for whatever reason he has failed, there's no point discussing why he hasn't been a success as Its been discussed to death already.

The club Is In a terrible state at the moment, results and performances have been below par, again this Is just my opinion but our playing squad although not being great are more than capable of being higher in the league that we currently are, the Manager holds the responsibility for getting the best out of the useless bastards.

I'm not that great at handing out sympathy btw.

Never been on Twitter in my lifetime and that wont be changing anytime soon.

Be lucky.

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 1219 viewsTK1

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:02 - Oct 24 by daveB

tonight is our best chance of a win this week imo, West Brom are very hit and miss and have a few players out

Sating that we are crap so I'm not expecting much

I think Cook and Dykes will return in the next two games, Cannon will settle and our near-enough strongest team will get just enough from WBA and/or Leicester to keep GA in a job, massively improve his mood and skin tone (and he'll dye his barnet again), sending his positivity quote-o-metre off the dial but unfortunately this will doom us in the long term.
That's my hunch.
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:54 - Oct 24 with 1186 viewsYorkRanger

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:37 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

Okay fair enough mate-fair enough.

Look I don't take pleasure In seeing him in the state he's In and like I've posted before on more than one occasion It's the club that comes first for me always, not the Manager nor the players but the club, the way I see It GA has been installed as the Manager and for whatever reason he has failed, there's no point discussing why he hasn't been a success as Its been discussed to death already.

The club Is In a terrible state at the moment, results and performances have been below par, again this Is just my opinion but our playing squad although not being great are more than capable of being higher in the league that we currently are, the Manager holds the responsibility for getting the best out of the useless bastards.

I'm not that great at handing out sympathy btw.

Never been on Twitter in my lifetime and that wont be changing anytime soon.

Be lucky.

Ted - agreed re the state of the club and the club coming first.

I also think the players we have should be able to hold a higher league position than they are - quite why they are not is beyond me.

best wishes
No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:56 - Oct 24 with 1183 viewsNorthernr

No Pre-Match interview with Ainsworth on 13:50 - Oct 24 by TK1

I think Cook and Dykes will return in the next two games, Cannon will settle and our near-enough strongest team will get just enough from WBA and/or Leicester to keep GA in a job, massively improve his mood and skin tone (and he'll dye his barnet again), sending his positivity quote-o-metre off the dial but unfortunately this will doom us in the long term.
That's my hunch.

I think looking at him and listening to that today he’s gone and he knows it, it’s just when now.
- Either they gave him this clump of four games to save his job, and after Saturday he knows this team don’t have it them and have basically checked out on his 'buy in', so we’ve just got to drag through to Rotherham like this then use the next break for a change.
- Or they’re going to make him wear the inevitable Leicester massacre, and then try and new manager bounce Rotherham.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024