Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth gone 20:02 - Oct 28 with 28217 viewsMatch82

Official on club site
Ainsworth gone on 20:25 - Oct 28 with 3239 viewsHarbour

Great player job too far manager wise.. wish him luck in the future
Ainsworth gone on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 3188 viewsconnell10

Ainsworth gone on 20:22 - Oct 28 by QPR_John

“ For those crying out for NW, I fully expect those same people in due course saying 'we should never have had him back' like they are doing now with GA ”

Difference is NW never played for us.

I'd have him back definitely. But he ain't gonna come here so a mute point.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth gone on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 3174 viewsDejR_vu

Finally. We’ve wasted 25% of the season.

Even putting last season aside, there were massive alarm bells after Oxford, and the Klaxon after Watford. He should have been long gone. Great player, but there should be no room for sentiment, dreadful manager. Should never have been appointed.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth gone on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 3175 viewsngbqpr

Gazza a Gonna

No More Pains for Ains

Basement Club QPR seek 74th Manager in Calendar Year

Can Warburton & Eustace bury the hatchet with Rs top brass and take on Mission Impossible?

Warnock tells his beloved Sharon: “I’ve got one more challenge left in me luv.”

Beale issues ‘come & get me plea’ to hoops from his Bromley futsal club church hall base.

Gary Rowett:
Wonders of M40 made Rangers job work both personally and professionally.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 with 3117 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy Mayfair tonight boys, I hope you get the nastiest motherfcker in football history managing you soon.
Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 with 3119 viewsTonto

Should have gone 3 weeks ago after Blackburn. So my immediate reaction is FINALLY!

Wrong appointment, feel sorry for Gareth as I liked him, haven't a clue who would want this job who would.make a difference.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 with 3116 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think any less of him.

Wish I could say the same about Bhatia and the board.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth gone on 20:30 - Oct 28 with 3080 viewsflynnbo

If it was going to happen it was going to be after this game. I never like seeing people lose their jobs and GA is no exception. However, it's a cutthroat business and he can now reset and look after his mental health, hopefully. Now, it has to be short term survival ss the FFP is marginally better next year apparently and there's the new Sky deal too so avoiding relegation is a necessity.
I wish him well but he should never have been appointed in the first place, in my humble opinion. Thanks Gareth and we move on.

Ideally MW as DoF with either Eustace or Rowett but would not be against NW in the short term. Survival is a must.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth gone on 20:31 - Oct 28 with 3040 viewsQPRSteve

Whoever takes over is going to face exactly the same problem that GA faced - the squad is far too thin. Any injuries and suspensions expose our soft underbelly. Unless we can rectify this - and I don't see how we can given our financial situation - then we are almost 100% certain to go down.
Ainsworth gone on 20:33 - Oct 28 with 2962 viewsessextaxiboy

Ainsworth gone on 20:25 - Oct 28 by dmm

Relief all round, I think. Things couldn't carry on as they were.

Who have they got lined up? Rowett, Eustace or Warnock?

Depends on how far they look ahead .

Warnock if they want to just stay up and have a fresh start next season , DOF (Warburton?) and a young up and coming coach .

Rowett if they want to look at a longer plan .

I think Eustace may not have the strong personality required to turn things around .
Ainsworth gone on 20:34 - Oct 28 with 2919 viewsrbee

Ainsworth gone on 20:18 - Oct 28 by joe90

It’s for the best. He inherited a toxic squad and like those before him couldn’t get anything out of them.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:22]

Very much this, no cheering this decision although it is right one..

It was highly likely after the funding news.

I think that Gareth's appointment in the first place was a good shout given that Warburton, Beale and Critchley had all failed to fully motivate this squad. A fresh approach that did keep us up. If the Matrade announcement had been made in the close season then things could have worked out better for Gareth.

When the club says that an announcement is due in a couple of days I hope that announcement is about Gareth's replacement and that someone is in place for Saturday,

Please QPR owners let the new manager have no previous QPR connections!!
Ainsworth gone on 20:34 - Oct 28 with 2916 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ainsworth gone on 20:31 - Oct 28 by QPRSteve

Whoever takes over is going to face exactly the same problem that GA faced - the squad is far too thin. Any injuries and suspensions expose our soft underbelly. Unless we can rectify this - and I don't see how we can given our financial situation - then we are almost 100% certain to go down.

Yeah feel much the same way. Not sure Guardiola would get this group doing much. Granted Ainsworth was dreadful but going into Rotherham with one senior midfielder who might have to play in defence is a grim task.
Ainsworth gone on 20:35 - Oct 28 with 2882 viewsQPROslo

He and Dobson had to go, should have been earlier. But good they left after a better organised team performance against the League leaders today. His Subs baffled to the very end though.
Ainsworth gone on 20:36 - Oct 28 with 2867 viewsBrianWilson

Will always like Gaz but don't feel sorry for him. He took his chance when it came as most of us would, gave it a go, he wasn't good enough.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Ainsworth gone on 20:37 - Oct 28 with 2824 viewsDorse

Sorry for him but it's the correct call.

Best of luck in whatever you do next Gaz. Loved you as a player and you're clearly a gentleman. Tear it up wherever you end up.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth gone on 20:39 - Oct 28 with 2764 viewsqprxtc

Shame they can’t sack the f ucking players.

At least Gareth won’t be abused any longer.
Ainsworth gone on 20:40 - Oct 28 with 2742 viewsDorse

Ainsworth gone on 20:39 - Oct 28 by qprxtc

Shame they can’t sack the f ucking players.

At least Gareth won’t be abused any longer.

This. This with fcuking huge brass knobs on.

Cunce.

Ainsworth gone on 20:43 - Oct 28 with 2681 viewsmart_Goblin

No celebrations here but it had to be done.
Never seen a coach at this level thrash around with no idea on how to set this shower up .

This bunch of players do have a lot to answer for but the real culprits are the board, the previous DOF, the recruitment team and the owners for letting this squad get so thin we are now facing a 6 pointer with no defenders and no midfield. (And no coaching staff).

Whoever makes the next decision now , which is the biggest in recent history….please for the love of fck get it right for once
Ainsworth gone on 20:46 - Oct 28 with 2614 viewssmudgehoop

Ainsworth gone on 20:24 - Oct 28 by loftboy

Gutted it never worked out, but we couldn’t go on the way it was.

Completely agree

Ainsworth gone on 20:47 - Oct 28 with 2594 viewsDorse

Ainsworth gone on 20:43 - Oct 28 by mart_Goblin

No celebrations here but it had to be done.
Never seen a coach at this level thrash around with no idea on how to set this shower up .

This bunch of players do have a lot to answer for but the real culprits are the board, the previous DOF, the recruitment team and the owners for letting this squad get so thin we are now facing a 6 pointer with no defenders and no midfield. (And no coaching staff).

Whoever makes the next decision now , which is the biggest in recent history….please for the love of fck get it right for once

There is more chance of Michael MacIntyre saying something funny, even by accident, than that ever happening.

Ainsworth gone on 20:51 - Oct 28 with 2497 viewspaulhoop2

Sorry to see a legend fail but the correct call has been made. He looked like a guy lost today to be honest. His programme notes about not being a quitter etc was a basically sack me or back me call. He’s a limited coach working above his level same as dobbo. We need a big reset now for me get Neil in he will kick them all up the arse and save us whilst we look for a new long term appointment. Similar to Huddersfield really. Those mentioning Rowett don’t forget it was les that wanted him on 2 occasions previously. Eustace fell out with board so highly doubt he will return same as warbs. Interesting to see hoos speak was he even there today ?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:52]

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Ainsworth gone on 20:54 - Oct 28 with 2419 viewsnumptydumpty

I think it's nailed on Rowett.

But happy to be surprised myself

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth gone on 20:55 - Oct 28 with 2399 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Should never have been given the gig!

All our problems since 2011 start in KL, and they'll continue until these clueless individuals go. Not sure who the firm of headhunters we're using for the DOF, but we'd be better off instructing Brentford to do our appointing.

Thank you for trying Gaz, you were never the man for this cesspit of an operation.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth gone on 20:55 - Oct 28 with 2391 viewsw7r

Honestly wanted it to work out for Gareth.
Really disappointed it's come to this but I feared for his health and it's the right decision. He gave it his best shot and I'll always remember him as someone who gave his all as a player and manager for us. He seems a genuinely good guy but he's best off out of this shit show.
Ainsworth gone on 20:55 - Oct 28 with 2387 viewsthehat

Gutted for Gareth but its a results business - I guess Warnock will be number one choice to see if he can do a major repair job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024