Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday 23:21 - Oct 31 with 7460 viewsDannyPaddox

Like a lot of you, I’m sure, Ive spent the past 24 hours genning up on our man Marti. I’ve ingested so much tactical technical knowledge that it’s oozing from my cerebellum and trickling out of my ears. Inverted fullbacks, asymmetrical number eights, oscillating presses, semi-permeable through balls, gaussian set-pieces, roving pentacular midfield nano-presses, throw-ins! throw-ins that reach your team-mates!

I’m prepared to be patient and for there be a period of transition, but serious question, how much effective knowledge, which can be immediately applied, can he impart to the team in the four full days between being appointed and his first game away at Rotherham on Saturday?

I’m fascinated to know how we’ll line up Saturday and who will be the personnel. I’m just wondering how much info he can expect to give them in such a short space of time without people’s heads exploding.

Those in the know have said he’s half been expecting to be appointed Rs manger for some time so he’s been keeping an eye on our performances (his ribs must be aching) so possibly he has an immediate plan in place. I just wonder how much he can expect to transform the team in the space of four days? Just asking cos we could do with the points.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:07 - Nov 1 with 5294 viewsBklynRanger

Am wondering the same DP. I suppose he'll have a bit of a summary ready to impart to them. Some kind of tactical stock cube if you will, his own version of going out and enjoying it playing with a smile on your face, muck and nettles etc.

But with diagrams.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:20 - Nov 1 with 5257 viewsGaryBannister86

The mind boggles as to what will happen at training today.

"Mr Chelsea Podcast, I want you to pass the ball when you get it, not hoof it into the stands"

"Ossie - relax on the ball. Don't charge forward and leave a gap. Keep focussed."

"Jimmy - don't do anything silly"

"Ilias - we are going to pass you the ball at every opportunity. Enjoy it. Love it."

"Lyndon - get in the box. We are going to play neat triangles and work you opportunities"

"Chrissie - you're playing"

I mean, will it sink in that quick?!
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:30 - Nov 1 with 5222 viewscyprusmel

If they take a throw in that reaches a team mate I would take that as a massive step forward.
Likewise if he can coach Begovic to keep the ball inside the pitch area.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:39 - Nov 1 with 5191 viewscolinallcars

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:30 - Nov 1 by cyprusmel

If they take a throw in that reaches a team mate I would take that as a massive step forward.

“Keep it on the island” used to be the cry when the ball was being kicked out of play. Haven't heard it for years though.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:43 - Nov 1 with 5181 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:30 - Nov 1 by cyprusmel

FFS, next you'll be wanting relegation to be avoided!

Go out and express yourself, and as we say in Spain: vaciar el tanque!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:02 - Nov 1 with 5121 viewslassel

Same feeling here - absolutely no idea what we will see on Saturday as he won’t have anytime tk really work on anything with them.

With Dozzell and Colback suspended and presumably Cook and C-S still out meaning Field at CB, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 4-1-4-1 with Dykes as the lone man and a hodge-potch of trying to keep the ball and play some football before inevitably punting it aimlessly in Dykes’ general direction….. Ainsworth’s football set us back 10 years in 9 months and it’s going to take more than 3 days to get us out of it…..
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:02 - Nov 1 with 5117 viewswortonr

But has he been able to actually work with the players due to the work permit situation? No pictures or interviews on the offy yet. If there’s a delay Saturday could be a disappointing confused mess.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:11 - Nov 1 with 5076 viewssparkey

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:02 - Nov 1 by wortonr

But has he been able to actually work with the players due to the work permit situation? No pictures or interviews on the offy yet. If there’s a delay Saturday could be a disappointing confused mess.

Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:12 - Nov 1 with 5056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:02 - Nov 1 by wortonr

"But has he been able to actually work with the players due to the work permit situation?"

I've been wondering that, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:18 - Nov 1 with 5029 viewsdmm

Surely there are enough players still around from recent managers' times for Cifuentes to say: remember when you passed and moved, played through the thirds, and created opportunities to score? Do that good stuff again on Saturday.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:40 - Nov 1 with 4949 viewsstinkydad

Remember that smile chaps.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:43 - Nov 1 with 4939 viewsSuperhoop83

The thread title sounds like an especially bad TV movie.

As for Saturday, I've no idea what to expect, especially with injuries and suspensions intervening. I'm just glad it won't be Ainsworth in charge, even though I still love him.

Suffering since 1978.

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 4911 viewssoops

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:43 - Nov 1 by Superhoop83

The thread title sounds like an especially bad TV movie.

As for Saturday, I've no idea what to expect, especially with injuries and suspensions intervening. I'm just glad it won't be Ainsworth in charge, even though I still love him.

Already anticipating Clive putting up that smiling picture in 3-4 months time, next to an updated shot of him looking like Albert Steptoe.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 8:51]
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 09:44 - Nov 1 with 4772 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:40 - Nov 1 by stinkydad

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:08 - Nov 1 with 4675 viewshubble

Looking forward to Saturday, I've been thinking how our best performances under Beale didn't feature a recognised striker (i.e. Dykes). For example, Bristol City away, we started in a 4-3-3 (Marti's preferred formation I think) with Chair at the tip of attack, Willock and Roberts behind him.

Willock Chair Roberts

Johansen Field Iregbunum

Paal Clarke-Salter Balogun Laird

Of course, we had better players available then; for example, even though he turned out to be a waste of space, when he was on his game, Roberts was bloody good at Championship level. We also had Laird at RB Balogun CB and Iregbunum and Johansen in midfield. So how could Marti replicate that now? Well, looking at the squad we have now, it's interesting that in arguably our best game under Ainsworth, away to Middlesbrough, we went 3-4-3

Chair Armstrong Dozzell

Paal Colback Field Smyth

Fox Cook Kakay

We know that Marti likes a 4-3-3, and we now have Cannon to come in for Kakay, and we have two talented players that have barely been used by Ainsworth in Richards and Willock. So I'm confident they will feature more. Yes, I get that Richards has barely played and Willock has been restricted to ridiculously short late sub cameos, but I think the potential is there. Of course for Rotherham this is probably to soon to try to integrate them both, certainly not Richards. However, Dozzell looked great in that advanced role. So how about something like:

Willock Chair Dozzell

Colback Field Smyth

Paal Clarke-Salter Cook Cannon

Edit - I forgot about suspensions! See amended formation below.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 10:36]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:13 - Nov 1 with 4634 viewsBuckR

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 07:20 - Nov 1 by GaryBannister86

The mind boggles as to what will happen at training today.

"Mr Chelsea Podcast, I want you to pass the ball when you get it, not hoof it into the stands"

"Ossie - relax on the ball. Don't charge forward and leave a gap. Keep focussed."

"Jimmy - don't do anything silly"

"Ilias - we are going to pass you the ball at every opportunity. Enjoy it. Love it."

"Lyndon - get in the box. We are going to play neat triangles and work you opportunities"

"Chrissie - you're playing"

I mean, will it sink in that quick?!

"Taylor - wait where's Taylor??"
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:14 - Nov 1 with 4628 viewscyprusmel

It is possible that he will play Kakay at centre back and move Field into the middle.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:15 - Nov 1 with 4626 viewsTomS

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:08 - Nov 1 by hubble

Looking forward to Saturday, I've been thinking how our best performances under Beale didn't feature a recognised striker (i.e. Dykes). For example, Bristol City away, we started in a 4-3-3 (Marti's preferred formation I think) with Chair at the tip of attack, Willock and Roberts behind him.

Willock Chair Roberts

Johansen Field Iregbunum

Paal Clarke-Salter Balogun Laird

Of course, we had better players available then; for example, even though he turned out to be a waste of space, when he was on his game, Roberts was bloody good at Championship level. We also had Laird at RB Balogun CB and Iregbunum and Johansen in midfield. So how could Marti replicate that now? Well, looking at the squad we have now, it's interesting that in arguably our best game under Ainsworth, away to Middlesbrough, we went 3-4-3

Chair Armstrong Dozzell

Paal Colback Field Smyth

Fox Cook Kakay

We know that Marti likes a 4-3-3, and we now have Cannon to come in for Kakay, and we have two talented players that have barely been used by Ainsworth in Richards and Willock. So I'm confident they will feature more. Yes, I get that Richards has barely played and Willock has been restricted to ridiculously short late sub cameos, but I think the potential is there. Of course for Rotherham this is probably to soon to try to integrate them both, certainly not Richards. However, Dozzell looked great in that advanced role. So how about something like:

Willock Chair Dozzell

Colback Field Smyth

Paal Clarke-Salter Cook Cannon

Edit - I forgot about suspensions! See amended formation below.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 10:36]

You may have to wait a little longer to see that selection, as a result of suspensions and injuries.
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:15 - Nov 1 with 4617 viewsCateLeBonR

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 08:40 - Nov 1 by stinkydad

Marti in 6 months time. Still smiling but showing some signs of work fatigue.

Agree with DMM. With all the coaching/coaches we’ve had through the doors it shouldn’t take too long for the players to change their style (that also goes for many of the recently added players too, Cook, Colback, Cannon and Begovic etc). Trouble is they haven’t ever been very good at any of it - although surely they’ll be happier now, won’t they?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 10:17]
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:16 - Nov 1 with 4611 viewshubble

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:15 - Nov 1 by TomS

You may have to wait a little longer to see that selection, as a result of suspensions and injuries.

Oh yes, I forgot about Colback's suspension. Isn't Cook back from injury yet either?

Edit - oh, and Dozzell too. Bugger, that's going to make things tough!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 10:17]

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:23 - Nov 1 with 4556 viewshubble

Okay, seeing as I got a few things wrong regarding available players, how about:

Willock Dykes Chair

Paal Field Smyth

Clarke-Salter Cook* Kakay Cannon

*I think Cook should be back from injury by now.

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:33 - Nov 1 with 4503 viewsTheChef

Surely one of the double barrel boys can step up in midfield for Saturday?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:39 - Nov 1 with 4471 viewsA40Bosh

It will be interesting to see just how much time Willock DOES get under Marti.

Did Willock 'check-out' solely because he could not take Gazball seriously or, has he and his representatives checked out as they want him playing for a better team and they are running down the clock to the end of his contract regardless of who is managing.

Hopefully for those who have been around long enough and have come up through the academies they can more easily 'revert' to how they were playing under Warbs and PBBC leaving Asmir the one who has to get confident of passing it to a player in his area and not a supporter in the Paddocks.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 10:41 - Nov 1 with 4455 viewsRangersw12

Begovic

Paal
Cook
Kakay
Cannon

Field
Dixon Bonner
Chair

Smyth
Dykes
Armstrong

Strap yourselves in chaps !!

Central midfield and the Defence clearly an issue but can't think of alternatives with the current suspensions and injuries . God knows what he will do if Cook is unfit
Cifuentes - Specifically Saturday on 11:00 - Nov 1 with 4372 viewsActonExile

I doubt whether all the players who called in 'injured' on Sunday will still be injured by this Saturday.
Mark may not be the only 'Lazarus' come 3pm Saturday.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024