Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit has stepped down 12:03 - Nov 1 with 27161 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos has the lot!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amit has stepped down on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 3213 viewshantssi

Amit has stepped down on 14:33 - Nov 1 by Northernr

You’re right Clive, I just made it up to see if anybody would bite!
I was rather hoping it would be all over X, formerly known as Twitter, by now!
I’m probably the last person to be ITK as this site is the only form of social media I do, but you know how rumours start and spread, “idle talk costs lives” as they say!
Amit has stepped down on 21:40 - Nov 1 with 2960 viewsbaz_qpr

As others have said you have to define what the role of the Chairman is. In most businesses they are non exec part timer who is there to represent the shareholders with the other non exec directors and provide oversight to the running of the business.

In football we have this old school "club" mentality so its often seen as some leadership role, or the role of the majority shareholder. Ultimately its a figurehead, a public face, frankly I dont care if we have one or not though I'm not the greatest fan of Hoos whose comms skills leave a lot to be desired
Amit has stepped down on 22:00 - Nov 1 with 2907 viewsslmrstid

Amit has stepped down on 21:40 - Nov 1 by baz_qpr

As others have said you have to define what the role of the Chairman is. In most businesses they are non exec part timer who is there to represent the shareholders with the other non exec directors and provide oversight to the running of the business.

In football we have this old school "club" mentality so its often seen as some leadership role, or the role of the majority shareholder. Ultimately its a figurehead, a public face, frankly I dont care if we have one or not though I'm not the greatest fan of Hoos whose comms skills leave a lot to be desired

Agreed, in a normal business a Chairman should really be there to manage the Board. A Managing Director/Chief Executive to manage the directors, with the directors there to manage each of their own business functions.
Amit has stepped down on 23:36 - Nov 1 with 2728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 19:15 - Nov 1 by Lblock

Copying what I said earlier

Shame

The reason we got where we did was down to him and Ishkhan that glorious season.

He’s a top fella as well.

I feel he’s stepped back due to GA being a flop and clearly “his man”.
Hope Amit (and his family) are back in the future

Thanks for the good times

Adding that I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him twice and I found him warm and engaging

He's been around and involved through all the time you and I consider an operational disaster, LB.

I think you cut him more slack than he's due.

That's not to say that the next one in is better of course!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amit has stepped down on 01:41 - Nov 2 with 2599 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Amit has stepped down on 15:41 - Nov 1 by slmrstid

Bit Craig David this QPR week.

Sacked a manager on Saturday, met a new manager Monday, Chairman resigned Wednesday.

What's in for Thursday/Friday?

Very very good. Or the Cure “Friday I’m in love”

DonnieR

Amit has stepped down on 02:47 - Nov 2 with 2542 viewsLblock

Amit has stepped down on 23:36 - Nov 1 by BrianMcCarthy

He's been around and involved through all the time you and I consider an operational disaster, LB.

I think you cut him more slack than he's due.

That's not to say that the next one in is better of course!

That is undeniably of course but…….

The family are and have been very, very much minor shareholders for a decade with that percentage being diluted continuously with the debt to equity position the Bungle Brothers adopted.
I got/get the feeling that nearly a dozen years ago they were totally shocked at “their” deal not going over the line when Tango & The Dwarf inexplicably dropped it at the last minute. Bungle came in and the rest is history.

I believe Amit retained his enjoyment of QPR for quite a while after and was clearly a popular figure with many fans. I return again to his key role in us winning the Championship - without Tango backing off and Amit, Ishkan and King Neil running the show that would NEVER have happened.
Should the Mittals have gained control that following summer I’m sure we’d be seeing a very different QPR in front of us today.

I cannot deny that Amit has become increasingly distant from the club of late - I have done myself!!! My view is also that he’s resigned as the Ainsworth saga sits squarely with him (if the itch rumours are to be believed). My hope remains that he still holds the club dearly and one day can return to a position of power and influence as per that brilliant season and a half a few years ago.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amit has stepped down on 05:22 - Nov 2 with 2471 viewsHoopsie

So now Hoos is the CEO and also the chairman, and a temp DOF?

Is he getting 3 x wages or doing 3-in-1 for the same pennies??

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Amit has stepped down on 07:38 - Nov 2 with 2340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 02:47 - Nov 2 by Lblock

That is undeniably of course but…….

The family are and have been very, very much minor shareholders for a decade with that percentage being diluted continuously with the debt to equity position the Bungle Brothers adopted.
I got/get the feeling that nearly a dozen years ago they were totally shocked at “their” deal not going over the line when Tango & The Dwarf inexplicably dropped it at the last minute. Bungle came in and the rest is history.

I believe Amit retained his enjoyment of QPR for quite a while after and was clearly a popular figure with many fans. I return again to his key role in us winning the Championship - without Tango backing off and Amit, Ishkan and King Neil running the show that would NEVER have happened.
Should the Mittals have gained control that following summer I’m sure we’d be seeing a very different QPR in front of us today.

I cannot deny that Amit has become increasingly distant from the club of late - I have done myself!!! My view is also that he’s resigned as the Ainsworth saga sits squarely with him (if the itch rumours are to be believed). My hope remains that he still holds the club dearly and one day can return to a position of power and influence as per that brilliant season and a half a few years ago.

I hope he's never let near a position of power again, LB. Warnock was his masterstroke and we owe him for that. but he's been the boss these for the last few years and they've proven to be chaotic as we've lurched from one crisis to another. To my mind, the buck stops with him, and if it was anyone else the pitchforks would have been out a long time ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Amit has stepped down on 07:41 - Nov 2 with 2325 viewsNorthernr

If you're interested...

Amit has stepped down on 08:37 - Nov 2 with 2152 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 05:22 - Nov 2 by Hoopsie

So now Hoos is the CEO and also the chairman, and a temp DOF?

Is he getting 3 x wages or doing 3-in-1 for the same pennies??

Well, hopefully this is temporary, as Clive suggests it might be.
VERY temporary, hopefully.

The CEO serving also as the Chairperson is shocking governance, truly awful governance. It beggars belief that Bhatia's last act as Chairperson is to hand his duties over to the CEO.

Every good day in this club over the last few years has been followed by a bad day, it seems.

Amit has stepped down on 08:42 - Nov 2 with 2128 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 08:37 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, hopefully this is temporary, as Clive suggests it might be.
VERY temporary, hopefully.

The CEO serving also as the Chairperson is shocking governance, truly awful governance. It beggars belief that Bhatia's last act as Chairperson is to hand his duties over to the CEO.

Every good day in this club over the last few years has been followed by a bad day, it seems.

That is in turn a product of the nonsense situation where Amit was "the chairman", but as that role would be understood at a normal club he's nothing of the sort. Ruben is the chairman, the owner, it's him calling the shots. Amit had the role literally because the malaysians, and tony in particular, were getting nasty tweets, so they put a figurehead there who people liked at the time.

Nuts, but QPR.
Amit has stepped down on 08:49 - Nov 2 with 2073 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 08:42 - Nov 2 by Northernr

That is in turn a product of the nonsense situation where Amit was "the chairman", but as that role would be understood at a normal club he's nothing of the sort. Ruben is the chairman, the owner, it's him calling the shots. Amit had the role literally because the malaysians, and tony in particular, were getting nasty tweets, so they put a figurehead there who people liked at the time.

Nuts, but QPR.

..which leads me to another bugbear. It was correct that Ferdinand stepped away as he was being overruled. I think that Hoos should have resigned as CEO a long time ago as well, as the owners kept making overreaching football decisions that blew his budget, he has not been able to do his job well or properly, and - on his watch - we are on the edge of the FFP precipice.

While Bhatia has been Chairperson we have had nothing but chaos, the DOF and CEO have been overruled by the board and by Bhatia himself, we are in financial mire and in dire danger of relegation to the third tier and we have recently announced that we are not moving ground but we're staying put in the ground that our CEO has continually told us is a FFP millstone. All of this has happened while Bhatia has been Chairperson: it's either his fault, or he's being overruled by others, in which case he should have been man enough to resign a long time ago.

Which, I think, by my count, leaves Jude in charge.
Insert obvious joke here.

Amit has stepped down on 08:53 - Nov 2 with 2035 viewsMonkey_Roots

So we think that we’ll have a new CEO, DOF incoming, with Hoos being the Junior Soprano lightning rod, right?
Amit has stepped down on 08:54 - Nov 2 with 2023 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 08:49 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

..which leads me to another bugbear. It was correct that Ferdinand stepped away as he was being overruled. I think that Hoos should have resigned as CEO a long time ago as well, as the owners kept making overreaching football decisions that blew his budget, he has not been able to do his job well or properly, and - on his watch - we are on the edge of the FFP precipice.

While Bhatia has been Chairperson we have had nothing but chaos, the DOF and CEO have been overruled by the board and by Bhatia himself, we are in financial mire and in dire danger of relegation to the third tier and we have recently announced that we are not moving ground but we're staying put in the ground that our CEO has continually told us is a FFP millstone. All of this has happened while Bhatia has been Chairperson: it's either his fault, or he's being overruled by others, in which case he should have been man enough to resign a long time ago.

Everything you say is true, but it's mainly been Ruben/Tony doing the overruling, though I do think Ainsworth was Bhatia driven.

Hoos' big shtick was always that I'll answer your questions and you may not like the answers but you'll never have an FFP problem here again, we'll never gamble on players etc, and we do cos we have. So once it gets to that then, as the say, what's the point of you?
Amit has stepped down on 08:58 - Nov 2 with 1987 viewsLblock

Amit has stepped down on 08:49 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

We’ll agree to disagree Macca my old mucka

I do concur with your views on Hoos and if Jude is now actually in charge that’s put the cat amongst the pigeons

Finally…… it’s ChairMAN ….. always has been always will be the Chairman unless it’s the Chairwoman or just Chair (maybe he could do the role and a job in CM)
I’ll get back to watching Benny Hill on my cathode TV, reading Loaded magazine and drinking cans of SKOL.

Have a good day

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amit has stepped down on 09:04 - Nov 2 with 1920 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 08:58 - Nov 2 by Lblock

We’ll agree to disagree Macca my old mucka

I do concur with your views on Hoos and if Jude is now actually in charge that’s put the cat amongst the pigeons

Finally…… it’s ChairMAN ….. always has been always will be the Chairman unless it’s the Chairwoman or just Chair (maybe he could do the role and a job in CM)
I’ll get back to watching Benny Hill on my cathode TV, reading Loaded magazine and drinking cans of SKOL.

Have a good day

We can chat about it all over a pint at some stage, or most likely we'll talk complete drivel about some other nonsense!

Amit has stepped down on 09:07 - Nov 2 with 1895 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 08:54 - Nov 2 by Northernr

Everything you say is true, but it's mainly been Ruben/Tony doing the overruling, though I do think Ainsworth was Bhatia driven.

Hoos' big shtick was always that I'll answer your questions and you may not like the answers but you'll never have an FFP problem here again, we'll never gamble on players etc, and we do cos we have. So once it gets to that then, as the say, what's the point of you?

Well, exactly that.

The only possible hope for this ownership, I believe, is that everybody goes back to their own desks and does their own job. If, after that, they are overruled or prevented by the bosses from doing their job properly, they need to resign.

Maybe after a few resignations, the penny might drop and they might hire experts to be experts, and let them at it.

Amit has stepped down on 09:18 - Nov 2 with 1847 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hoos is another one that had a amazing CV when he landed here but will leave here amongst a flurry of clown memes.
Amit has stepped down on 09:23 - Nov 2 with 1817 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 07:41 - Nov 2 by Northernr

If you're interested...

Finding this hilarious, by the way.

Poor Charlie doesn't whether to laugh or cry! He'll have no face left soon for all the rubbing!

Amit has stepped down on 09:29 - Nov 2 with 1784 viewsAndybrat

Amit has stepped down on 09:18 - Nov 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hoos is another one that had a amazing CV when he landed here but will leave here amongst a flurry of clown memes.

I don’t know, I think this is his genuine opportunity. He is no fool and a crossover role when u have your hands on the till and his experience is not bad. I always said leadership is never black and white. He has made mistakes, don’t we all but genuinely think he is a better fit at the top for now, not knowing who comes next ( might be his appointments).

It’s like buses, everything coming in at the same time but suddenly everything looks a bit more positive, I’m not going to guess too much on what is going to happen next as this week has proven a lot of us have no clue. Just want a win or even a draw on Saturday and a rocking LR on 11th November after I see them win for the 1st time in over a year. Looking back this is a good news week, could be a great news week at 5pm Saturday.
Amit has stepped down on 09:34 - Nov 2 with 1753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 09:18 - Nov 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, he's certainly no clown (not that you're suggesting that he is, I know) but he's not doing a good job, and that's putting it very generously. We are in an FFP quagmire, and it was his job to keep us out of it.

And there is absolutely no way that he should have accepted the chair while still being CEO.

Edit - sp. check.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 10:39]

Amit has stepped dow on 10:38 - Nov 2 with 1556 viewsBlue_Castello

Reading various posts it's fairly certain Hoos is carrying the can for our current FFP problem, which most of it emanates from the overspend during Warburtons tenure when the club pressed the go button on lets go for promotion.

If I remember the timeline correctly in Warbs first season he had Eze, Chair, Manning, BOS, Hugill and Wells, we played some great football and to be honest underachieved by not making the play offs with a good squad. Second season started badly because of losing the best players, selling Eze etc so in the January we brought in 4 expensive loans which rescued the season and we looked a good team again and it was promotion winning form.

So in the Summer I'm guessing the owners spoke with Warbs and said do you think if we make all the loans permanent and give you a transfer budget you have a good chance of promotion, to that I'm guessing after the end of the previous seasons results he said Yes and to be honest the majority of fans were behind him with the transfers.

So it's all conjecture but if that's the case it's not all down to Hoos as to why we are in the FFP mire it's the owners pressing the gamble button on promotion because Warbs told them we had a very good chance, from my point of view that's what owners do at lots of clubs they take a chance now and again, some get away with it, Forest kept spending like mad and eventually got rewarded.
Amit has stepped down on 10:45 - Nov 2 with 1482 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amit has stepped down on 09:34 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, he's certainly no clown (not that you're suggesting that he is, I know) but he's not doing a good job, and that's putting it very generously. We are in an FFP quagmire, and it was his job to keep us out of it.

And there is absolutely no way that he should have accepted the chair while still being CEO.

Edit - sp. check.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 10:39]

To be honest I just don’t know Bri.
Amit has stepped down on 11:05 - Nov 2 with 1402 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Clive mentioned the fact that being a Chairman is purely a ceremonial title, and they dont really have a hands on role within the club, thats usually down to the CEO to run the club day to day.

Clive made an interesting point about the CEO role, I do recon the signs point to Hoos moving to being on the board and he steps aside from being the CEO, with a new CEO coming in potentially before the end of the year/early 2024.
Amit has stepped down on 11:51 - Nov 2 with 1239 viewsNorthernr

Amit has stepped down on 09:23 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Finding this hilarious, by the way.

Poor Charlie doesn't whether to laugh or cry! He'll have no face left soon for all the rubbing!

We're QPR Internet's odd couple
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024